Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E04: Vibe of the Tribe LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

One castaway paints a target on their back when attempting to pit their tribemates against one another. One tribe dives their way to victory after piecing together a big win in the immunity challenge.

Original airdate 3/30/22

This is your LIVE CHAT thread 

I think Daniel's probably the last one who should want to speak right now. 

And he's still blaming Chanelle.  Although she gets off easy, considering she can say she didn't vote.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

Seriously, I can’t blame Daniel for “folding like a ton of bricks.”

Just now, truthaboutluv said:

Is Daniel completely delusional or he really believes the lies he's telling himself.

Basically, like the episode of Seinfeld where George tried to justify abandoning kids and an old lady fleeing from a fire.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

Is Daniel completely delusional or he really believes the lies he's telling himself.

In some ways, I feel sorry for him because he and Jenny were the only ones of their alliance voting, and then with the tie he was really put on the spot.  I don't blame him for not wanting to go to rocks and try to throw Chanelle under the bus, especially when Hai and Lydia thought they were with them.  However, he handled it so badly (and still is).  

He isn't wrong about Chanelle getting away with playing both sides.  I can agree with him on that.  She really isn't as good at this game as she probably likes to think she is.

• Love 5

I hate fish, so I guess I would have to go on Survivor and be starving for 6-ish days to see if I found them appetizing.

Nice to see a reward challenge again.  I am glad that it's just 10 fish and not a fish fry buffet like they would have had 5 seasons ago.

• Love 2

It kind of sucks Taku hasn't been able to sit anyone out yet.  But holy crap they are amazing.  The other tribe didn't even get to the mats to shoot baskets.  Times like this I miss sarcastic Probst commentary during the challenge.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

He isn't wrong about Chanelle getting away with playing both sides.  I can agree with him on that.  She really isn't as good at this game as she probably likes to think she is.

Except as Chanelle rightly pointed out, she didn't even vote. So there's no proof of who she would have voted for. As I said last week, Daniel screwed himself over last week when before even making any real attempt to sway Hai, he went for the "let me throw Chanelle under the bus."

Once Hai made it clear he wasn't switching his vote, again all Daniel had to say was he didn't feel comfortable going to rocks so early and so if Hai wasn't going to switch, then he had no choice. He could have salvaged his relationships with both Chanelle and Mike had he taken that approach. Now, no one likes or trusts him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Really, though, Taku may be screwed at the merge.  If they manage to make it with all 4 of their members, the remaining members of the other two tribes could purposely team up to vote them off.  Jonathan especially is going to be in trouble if that happens.  I fully expect a strong immunity showing from him, but even some of the best challenge players stumbled.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Well, way to throw that bullseye on Jonathan. Is this foreshadowing their tribe losing and the members truly doing something as stupid as getting rid of him because they're going to prove they can win without him, because yeah, I'm not so sure. Of course most are probably assuming the tribal switch up is coming soon.

16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I hate fish, so I guess I would have to go on Survivor and be starving for 6-ish days to see if I found them appetizing.

If someone else cooks it and puts it in front of me, I've had some great fish.  Will never cook it myself.

Edited by PaperTree
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

Except as Chanelle rightly pointed out, she didn't even vote. So there's no proof of who she would have voted for. As I said last week, Daniel screwed himself over last week when before even making any real attempt to sway Hai, he went for the "let me throw Chanelle under the bus."

I do think Daniel screwed his own game and that's not necessarily on Chanelle. He's in the position that he is because of his poor gameplay.

However, nobody seems to have pointed out how Chanelle lied about protecting her vote and getting too greedy and screwing over her alliance. So, he has a point in that Chanelle's not getting blowback for her poor decision...but it's really because Daniel's screw-up is so massive.

• Love 5

So, if none of them take the first chance they get to vote Jonathan out, they're clearly fools.

They might not get the chance. I'm hard pressed to think of an individual immunity challenge Jonathan would do poorly in. They don't really have mental challenges anymore. (Not that he would necessarily do poorly at one, but that's the best chance anyone else has at beating him.)

• Love 2

I’m a bit behind.

”Wow, look at the fish! Smells like it’s been out for a few hours! Almost like the people knew we’d win easily and just dumped it here!”

8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maryanne, I like you, but you only got one ball in. Chill out until you actually win before you celebrate with a scream.

I can’t blame her. I bet she thought it would take longer to make her shot.

Damn, that was some talking head of Jonathan.   I felt sorry for him and his brother.   And I like him more than ever talking about wanting to do acts of service for his tribe. 

But what the hell, Omar and MaryAnne.  What’s so bad saying they are a tight 4?

• Love 7

Okay, I'm loving this season that everyone has gotten some sort of airtime.  

Swati is wanting to be in a power position, which is still sticking with the idea of voting off Drea.  Not sure this is the time, especially since Swati may not be able to get people on her side. 

Tori's trying to butter up Rocks to get him on her side.  

Ikea! How long has it been since we've been with you guys?

Eh, as soon as they start talking, I realize it hasn't been long enough!

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 2
Just now, DEL901 said:

Damn, that was some talking head of Jonathan.   I felt sorry for him and his brother.   And I like him more than ever talking about wanting to do acts of service for his tribe. 

They probably think it puts a target on their back that they are tight.  I don't think they are wrong, but it was an honest slip up that even Jonathan admitted to.  They are stupid if they think about getting rid of him before the merge.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

I think Omar and MaryAnne are worried that if all 4 of them make the merge, Jonathan's comment will make them targets because why not try to split a tight alliance? 

• Love 2

I feel like this is Daniel vs Chanelle 2.0, except Swati is Chanelle and Tori is Daniel.  Swati made a big mistake that could come back to bite her.  Or Drea.  Really, don't trust Tori, but why trust the girl who claims to be in an alliance with you, yet didn't tell you she had an extra vote?  Of course, once Rocks has his mind made up he doesn't seem to like to change it, as we saw with the Zach vote.  So he may not budge on Tori no matter what.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

They might not get the chance. I'm hard pressed to think of an individual immunity challenge Jonathan would do poorly in. They don't really have mental challenges anymore. (Not that he would necessarily do poorly at one, but that's the best chance anyone else has at beating him.)

No, when it gets to individual immunity, they tend to have a lot of puzzle related sections in the challenges, even if there may be a physical portion. It helps keep things even and Jonathan has made it clear that he's not a puzzle person.

• Useful 2

Still not much of a Tori fan, but I like how she said that Rocks has the tendency of someone who is a narcissist, rather than calling him one outright.  No beachside diagnosing for her!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't know what Swati expected to happen.  Tori is at the bottom and playing for her game life.  Use what you have at your disposal.  She's the one who wants Drea gone.  If Drea wanted the girls alliance, why not vote out one of the guys, and save Drea for later?

• Love 3