Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: New Kids On The Block

3: Janet visits Dr Chris Moss for some 'freshening' and asks her new bestie Jackie along for support. Jackie and Ben host an extravagant housewarming party

4: Lydia invites Jackie and Andrea away for skiing in Thredbo, they bond on and off the slopes. Back in Melbourne, Chyka and Gina help Janet chose outfits for her date that night with a younger man. Could this be a new love?

Edited by Tara Ariano
Merged two threads since they air back to back on Bravo - ta

Janet is so botoxed her face doesn't move. 

What's up with Jackie's husband Ben? Does he want to be a Real Housewife? He sure gets a lot of screen time

The gifts! Aside from the political incorrectness, the headdresses were beautiful. The gift from Chyka's store was a total promotion move (but their banquet space looked cool. 

Gina is comptely OTT. 

Lydia got the ball rolling from the beginning by running back to Jackie and tell her what Gina, her "good friend," said when she was venting. And then had the nerve to scoff at being placed in the middle.

The flashback has played a couple times now and Gina has said "I don't believe anything (Jackie) says anyway really...well, not anything.. she's obviously got some credibility." No editing trickery, no face away from the camera with an obvious voice over.

Ben was first to broach the topic with Gina at the "Mexican" party, but Gina will be blamed.

I'm not even going to touch the war cry and the head garb.

We need a drinking game every time Jackie says "rock star" or "shine shine shine," blood alcohol levels, be damned. Her special abilities should've told her that South Africa is not Zimbabwe.

As the rest of the U.S. viewers will see, the nickname Lydiot fits nicely.

Next week's previews show Andrea getting in her catty digs at Gina, which makes her upcoming issues with Gina all the more infuriating.

Will post speculation about the Season 2 cast in the other thread.

• Love 3

Sadly I think this is Ben's pathetic attempt to stay relevant as a celebrity. Silverchair is over. His new band Bento isn't doing anywhere near as well as Silverchair did. This is his only way to still be seen and noticed. I also am getting the vibe that he's just as much a drama whore as Jackie is.

I was also trying to check out the general camera sweeps to see if I recognized anyone else famous or important at their party and I didn't. Granted I don't know a ton about Aussie celebs and rockstars, but you'd think if any had popped up onscreen they'd have tagged them so we knew who they were. So much for it being a gathering of the elite.

Lastly, I have been to Mexican themed parties. This was not one. At all. Serving tequila does not make a party "Mexican".

Just watched almost 2 full episodes and I have come to a conclusion about myself. I am usually a huge lover of accents. Everything from the US East Coast, the South, English, Irish(melts), Scottish, Caribbean(melts), Nigerian, Hispanic damn near name it and I usually like or love it. However, I've been discovering that the Aussie one is not music to my ear holes. In fact, with the exception I give to the few and the fine (meaning the Hemsworth brothers, minus Luke, and Joel Edgerton), I think I hate it. I can't even put my finger on why - is it nasally, whiny? Something about it just completely turns me off.

But I digress, this seems semi-interesting. So far I am digging the older crowd more.

Jackie is annoying as fuck. Did y'all know she was married to a rock star? I just want to say that I really don't want any of my previously.tv friends to ever engage in a drinking every time a she says it. I really believe someone could get hurt here. She must have been unbearable to be around when her homely ass first hooked up with Ben. I have never heard of Slipperchair so I couldn't even begin to find a fuck to give. Ben seems thirsty as hell. He already seems to have more THs than freaking Janet. 

Lydia is a bore and stupid to boot.  She married that man for $$ and social standing. Of course she is going to school to be a interior designer. Just so happens that her husband is an architect. Did she really tell someone not to question her husband?

• Love 8

Is Australia perpetually humid? I've never seen such jacked-up hair in my life. Looks like none of their hair is holding a curl and they're spraying it within an inch of it's life. But it's still separating and flopping. Could it be the water?

• Love 1

Depends on where you are in the country and the season. Australia is as big as the continental US. Melbourne is known for its changeable weather and having "four seasons in one day," as the group Crowded House (who were based in Melbourne for a time) sang back in the day. The stereotype within Australia is that it's cold and rains all the time in Melbourne though that's not really true. Summers, like anywhere in Australia with the possible exception of Tasmania, can be hot. But it's neither Singapore nor the Amazon so I'm not sure that explains their hair.

They didn't even give us a few episodes to decide which of these women we liked before they launched into the most ridiculous argument -- even more so than the current one on RHONJ between idiot Amber and the stupid twins.

I like Chykka and want to know more about her.  Why aren't we learning more about her?  She actually (with her husband) built a business, raised two kids, kept it together.  I want to know more.

Andrea, well, too much botox, and certainly could qualify for the Extreme Parenting show, but also, let's learn more about her?  Why is she taking Jackie's side?

Janet -- well, too much plastic surgery and botox and other fillers, but I am interested in how her dating life goes.

But no, we spent almost the full last 2.5 hours on the ridiculous --

Lydia, who is unintelligible.  Does she think she is cute, with the sex references, and the "nasty pasty" ridiculousness?  Did I hear them say she and Gina were friends before?  Why is she telling Jackie what her "friend" said?  And even if they weren't friends before, why is she telling Jackie what Gina said?  Why be in the middle - and then get surprised you are in the middle? 

Gina -- well, Gina, I guess you are 'guilty' here, and your argument style is unintelligible and not earning you any points.  But why engage?  Why not say, 'I'm sorry, that's not what I meant, I was hurt."  Done.  Disengage.  Because this Jackie is not letting it go.  And is never going to let it go.  I mean, Gina, you look ridiculous with all that makeup, and the clothing that doesn't do you any favors with the feathers and sequins, but just disengage. 

And Jackie?  I don't know that I've seen such a classless twit before.  You would think, as a psychic, you would be used to skeptics.  GET OVER IT.  Whatever.  Yes, she dissed you.  But really, you tried to hurt her.  Your reading wasn't kind or gentle, it was hurtful and delivered in a hurtful manner.  So, take your own responsibility.  Stop using the C**T word, because all this woman did is say she didn't believe you, she didn't say you murdered your first born (or broke up a marriage, to reference the other argument).  That's all she said.  It's Jackie who can't let it go, and either she or husband keep bringing it up.  Most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Don't ask someone who worked really hard for their success and blow it off -- act respectful to them.  You don't have to do waht they say, but Chyka was sharing some wisdom born of experience.  Use it or not, but act respectful.

Plus, honey, it seems that even in Melbourne not too many are impressed by your aging rock star husband...he isn't all that.  And frankly, you are not either.

Phew.  I feel a lot of venom toward her.  I think I might have to stop watching.

• Love 3

I lived in Australia for many years, and yes, it is racist as eff. I wouldn't say, though, that it's more racist than the US, because we ourselves are *at least* as racist as eff... but I would say that the racism there is more casual and more unchecked than it is in (many parts of) the US. They also love a C-bomb, which is why I giggled especially hard when whichever-it-was claimed she'd never used that word before. Lies. They come out of the womb using that word. It's a term of endearment in certain circles. One of the many reasons I love that country as much as I do, despite the many things they still need to get right.

Jackie would be a lot prettier if she would stop telling everyone she was gorgeous. 

I always love the blank stare on the party planners faces on all of the Housewives shows when the host goes on and on about how cool, hip or outrageous they want the party to be and they cannot tell anyone about the party because it will turn in to a mob scene. Meanwhile the actual party is pretty much just the howives and husbands with a few of the producers friends in the back ground.

Did anyone else thing Jackie saying that her rock star husband looked Mexican was a bit racist or just plain odd? Did you know her husband is a rock star? 

• Love 1

Yep. For as many "friends" or contacts as Ben might have from the Aussie music industry, I am willing to bet not one of them showed up for this nonsense of a party. It probably wasn't even a real housewarming, it was probably cooked up by producers to have all the women in one spot for a night. Otherwise I'm sure Jackie and Ben's real friends (family too probably) would have been around. I mean surely they know other people outside this circle. God I hope so.

Why in blazes does that Jackie keep going on and on about how people are star struck when they see her husband (did you know he was a rock star?).  Nobody seemed to be in awe.

Feather head dresses for a house warming party was suitable but hand selecting some high end items from a shop owned by a close friend is tacky? Really? I guess I am tacky.

The party planners forgot to hire faux paparazzi.

The wedding dress designer (I forgot his name but love his dresses) was fun to see dancing up a storm. 

I'm just watching the episodes on my DVR and loving it so far.  Jackie's husband did seem a little dim-witted to me..."Jackie had spoken a lot about the ladies before I got to meet them at the party.  The party was the first time I met all the women.  I'd never met any of them before."  Mercifully, they cut him off before he could find another way to say the same thing again.  Then Gina's examining his thumbs to see if he has brain damage! 

Did I see appetizers being served in sardine tins at that party?

Lydia and her husband taking a private plane to an island just to buy cheese.  That's a lot of fuel for your dairy.  What was that deal with her telling the shopgirl, "Don't question my husband."  Loved how her husband did a double-take at Lydia and then laughed.

• Love 1

Jackie would be a lot prettier if she would stop telling everyone she was gorgeous. 

I always love the blank stare on the party planners faces on all of the Housewives shows when the host goes on and on about how cool, hip or outrageous they want the party to be and they cannot tell anyone about the party because it will turn in to a mob scene. Meanwhile the actual party is pretty much just the howives and husbands with a few of the producers friends in the back ground.

Did anyone else thing Jackie saying that her rock star husband looked Mexican was a bit racist or just plain odd? Did you know her husband is a rock star? 

Jackie isn't even remotely attractive with those close set eyes.

I also love how she pretends she hasn't had any cosmetic work done.  

Jackie isn't even remotely attractive with those close set eyes.

I also love how she pretends she hasn't had any cosmetic work done.  Her forehead looks so tight it is painful.  

Talk about painful.  Janet's face.  Sorry honey,  you have ruined your looks with all the work done to your face.

• Love 2

People still eat sardines! Who knew.

Sardines are delicious and highly underrated in America. I love them. Did you know that Jackie's husband is a "rockstar"? I just wasn't sure if you all got that memo at their very "mexican" housewarming(wtf?). These people have got some serious crazy on this show. They are "serious" art collectors, "serious" rock stars, "serious" entrepreneurs...they even have a "serious" writer (I am looking at you Andrea) explaining the finer points of managing a staff of nannies properly. Nannies that are not allowed to play with her kids at the park or show them affection. I have to give it to Gina though, she does her own thing, others and their opinions be damned. I thought RHOC was cray cray, but these women take the cake. Chyka is my favorite hands down!

• Love 1