Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E86: The Journey So Far: Boston

Message added by Emma Snyder,

Please keep discussion to what happened in THIS episode. Off topic discussion such as, but not limited to, personal anecdotes, pet peeves, etc. belong in small talk. Afterparty discussion belongs in the Afterparty thread. Past season/contestant discussion belongs in their particular season.

• Start Topic

Host Kevin Frazier and a panel of MAFS experts discuss the dramatic events of the first half of the Boston season, predict which couples will survive past Decision Day, and watch exclusive sneak peeks from the remainder of the season that may change their minds.

Watch preview here.

Premieres on Mar 23, 2022 at 8:00 PM EDT

Please keep discussion to topics mentioned on THIS episode.  

The only thing halfway worth watching were the "sneek peeks" of next week's episode.  Otherwise it was a big yawn.  That woman from Ebony magazine was monopolizing the floor this time.  They were all wrong in their predictions about Alyssa and Chris except for Kevin.  Meanwhile I saw that train wreck coming a mile away.  So who cares what they think?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

The only thing halfway worth watching were the "sneek peeks" of next week's episode.  Otherwise it was a big yawn.  That woman from Ebony magazine was monopolizing the floor this time.  They were all wrong in their predictions about Alyssa and Chris except for Kevin.  Meanwhile I saw that train wreck coming a mile away.  So who cares what they think?

What were the "sneek peeks?"

• Love 1
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

What were the "sneek peeks?"

Just stuff with Lindsey and Mark arguing (what else is new?), Olaj making a fool of himself trashing the experts' advice when they were secretly watching, and then cold busting him, LOL, Jasmina being her usual "ray of sunshine" self, LOL, and Noi and Steve having their usual argument.  In other words, same shit, different week!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Who the hell were these people and why do I care what they have to say? 

Jesus, show the show already. 

*delete*

It's the same panel they have for these types of shows. That's who these people are.

I actually ended up enjoying the recap. Thankfully it was only an hour.

I wonder how one of them made it to lifetime. Her youtube show they were boasting about barely gets a thousand views on any one episode. She has no real following (Rizzo. She wore orange).

One of  the women seemed to really want to go to bat for O and everyone else was like, you crazy.

It's just basically a podcast but on TV. NO harm done.

Kevin seemed to have guessed the best pre show in terms of who will make it.

But, it shouldn't of been in place of a new episode. Even if they made the main show an hour that would have been great. 

Olajuwon ain't shit though. Shitting all over the advice he was given from Pepper as if he doesn't need to fix anything. I love that Pepper and Cal are in the next room hearing everything. That episode should be fun.

It seems that Noi made another one her inspirainspirational/know your worth quotes on social media.

Lyndsey yelling at Mark about being wishy washy with his feelings, Mark brings up the fact that she says I'm done like twice a week and then she yells do you want me to leave? I'll leave.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Actually I kind of enjoyed last nights show. In fact I think I liked it better than the show  itself!

It was fun hearing their take on happenings and seem to agree with what we’re thinking!

The Ebony gal had on one of those new fashions emphasizing shoulders!  Lol

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Olajuwon ain't shit though. Shitting all over the advice he was given from Pepper as if he doesn't need to fix anything. I love that Pepper and Cal are in the next room hearing everything. That episode should be fun.

I am here for that! I cannot wait to see him get some comeuppance! Bring it PC!!!!!

I watched 20 minutes of the episode two weeks ago, zero from last week or this week. They need to go back to shorter seasons. Nobody cares to watch a recap when half of the regular episodes recap or repeat what already happened.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I am here for that! I cannot wait to see him get some comeuppance! Bring it PC!!!!!

I watched 20 minutes of the episode two weeks ago, zero from last week or this week. They need to go back to shorter seasons. Nobody cares to watch a recap when half of the regular episodes recap or repeat what already happened.

i don't the the producers really care at all about what we want to watch

they figure we'll sit thru all the recap stuff just to see the new parts

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

i don't the the producers really care at all about what we want to watch

they figure we'll sit thru all the recap stuff just to see the new parts

That might not be the best strategy.  By dragging out the season like this a portion of the audience will tune out or fast forward for the next few weeks and only come back for decision day.  Why bother watching if nothing really happens or they're just rehashing the season?  There is a point at which it will start to backfire.  Only 12 posts so far on this episode?  That says a lot, and it's not good.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Just stuff with Lindsey and Mark arguing (what else is new?), Olaj making a fool of himself trashing the experts' advice when they were secretly watching, and then cold busting him, LOL, Jasmina being her usual "ray of sunshine" self, LOL, and Noi and Steve having their usual argument.  In other words, same shit, different week!

At least this BS rehash psycho babble nonsense was only on for an hour instead of the gruelling enduring  two hour  sleep fest we usually get. I got nothing from it, totally pointless IMHO 😬😩🙁

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, endure said:

At least this BS rehash psycho babble nonsense was only on for an hour instead of the gruelling enduring  two hour  sleep fest we usually get. I got nothing from it, totally pointless IMHO 😬😩🙁

Yeah, thank goodness for small favors, right?  😏😉

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That might not be the best strategy.  By dragging out the season like this a portion of the audience will tune out or fast forward for the next few weeks and only come back for decision day.  Why bother watching if nothing really happens or they're just rehashing the season?  There is a point at which it will start to backfire.  Only 12 posts so far on this episode?  That says a lot, and it's not good.

yeah, another season like this and i may not bother watching again.

but if we fast forward, that still counts as watching for the polls they do, so if numbers are what count, they've got us

• Love 2

I can't believe they pulled this switcheroo like this! This is the 3rd season there's been an episode like this, but it was bonus content and not in place of a regular episode, right? They need to go back to they way it was, QUICK! Keep airing new episodes every week! Their budget must be too big or something. This is ridiculous. I'd say they could scrap the kickoff episode too. The previews are the only useful content. Seeing Lindsey & Mark being toxic is depressing. She's also a liar since she's never "done." So her solution is to actually free that man & leave? Please let it be true. Noi stays childish & inappropriate. M&J continue floating along. I wanna see O say that stuff to DP's face! He could've when she said it, but probably nodded along. 😂

1 hour ago, Lindz said:

I can't believe they pulled this switcheroo like this! This is the 3rd season there's been an episode like this, but it was bonus content and not in place of a regular episode, right? They need to go back to they way it was, QUICK! Keep airing new episodes every week! Their budget must be too big or something. This is ridiculous.

Maybe someone with a better memory than us can settle this?  I though the same thing, that in the past this was a bonus episode and not in place of a regular one.  In another thread I theorized that maybe they have cut the budget and that's why we're not getting both this and a regular episode and also why they dropped "Couples Cam".

Thank you for the rundown, Racj82. I lost power and internet during an ice/snow storm and couldn't watch the show, but no tragedy since I knew I wasn't actually missing much.

Just realized MAFS may be the only reality show I still watch. I don't know why, but I can't give it up. 😕

I might even look forward to it. Then fall asleep during it. Then wake up and watch bits and pieces from the repeat showing at 1 a.m. or whenever.

• Love 2