Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Two new lunatics in one episode, that was the guy from Aliens and Terminator wasn’t it?  He should’ve brought his Pulse Rifle. 
I thought that Aaron and Cyndie from Oceanside new each other, not much recognition going on there. Watching on a very small screen it was a little confusing, when the first shots were fired where were all of the people that were there when they went in?

I think they’re trying to tell us the new group aren’t bad but just happen to have another fruit loop as leader🤔

It needs a proper watch on a big screen so I can make sense of it before giving a verdict, seemed pretty good though.

Most ridiculous weapon of the season so far………Cyndie? With a scythe, yeah good luck with that 🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Near as I can tell, that is not actually Cyndie. I was fooled. 

I’ve just looked at those two photos again and I still think it’s close but yeah, I do agree it’s your fault 😂

Despite all their experience, we’ve got Maggie waltzing off to find a ‘new group’ three handed and still with no visible shootin-irns,  and the other lot allowing themselves to be ‘badly’ disarmed and led into a dingy room with yet another loon in charge, or was he? 
If Negan’s new friends aren’t responsible for the stolen guns and what’s left are good people, then we’ve yet more seemingly very skilled villains afoot, Mmmmmm mystery and action next week 😲 unless it’s Daryl’s ex and what’s his name with the new limp.       
They’ve  jumped straight into the deep end regarding the new psycho, let’s hope he sees the week out.

Doh! She was even in Mile 22 with Lauren 🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I do agree it’s your fault

Clearly. 

4 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

They’ve  jumped straight into the deep end regarding the new psycho, let’s hope he sees the week out.

When I first saw that new guy (the ex-CIA dude from the Commonwealth) I figured he'd be dead in about 20 minutes. I got that wrong, too. Batting .000! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Yeah...  When I saw the religious leader, I told myself "Not again"... 

And the CIA guy revealed himself and it was "Apocalypse Now",  in fact, it was even written at the bottom of the screen. 

Then, all went to shit.

I liked it.

Edited by heisenberg
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Something I didn't understand:  why would Aaron and the good Father be required to take orders from this other guy, to ignore their own experience and judgment and do whatever he said, especially once the door opened and the first two happy settlers ventured out and seemed anything but.  They did look alarming, I thought, those first two, very Mad Max-like.   

And their leader, he reminded me of Merle.  I spent a few minutes trying to figure out if there had been some way that maybe Merle had survived or this was an alternate but parallel timeline or maybe he's another brother or a cousin or something.  It was the call back to the Governor with the wall behind them with its ornaments that also put me in mind of the Early Days.   But I also thought of Terminus and Gareth with the reference to meat, could any of these people have crossed paths at some point?

I'm not even going to spend time on the fact that there was yet another gasoline powered vehicle conveniently available.   And random horses tied up in the woods?  And the return of someone no one's really even missed, not me anyway, in his hooded poncho, looking like something out of Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, although maybe I've just got films made Down Under on my mind.

So are there friends of Bill W. in the Commonwealth? 

Edited by Dodginblue
  • Love 6

The general doesn’t strike me as the sort of commander to NOT know about the guns and deaths of his people, or that they’re now liquidating people with a free hand 🤔

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Dodginblue said:

Something I didn't understand:  why would Aaron and the good Father be required to take orders from this other guy, to ignore their own experience and judgment and do whatever he said

Ice creams, hot showers and dinner parties come with a cost, a cost they’re now paying for 🍦🛁🥂
I don’t know the reason for Maggie’s idiocy though 🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie

Once I got past Aaron and Gabriel being all "we're not going in there, no way, no how" and then going in because reasons, really, I had fun.

I thought the back and forth time stuff made it interesting as well.    I was wondering if Lance were making up the weapons story to get Carlson to wipe out the building's residents but that's too convoluted even for this show.   Seems Carlson just needs a little bit of alcohol to get back to killing!

Someone Maggie et al ended up in the building - we never saw them actually go in I think?  Eh, don't really care, I liked it.

Michael Biehn!!!  Getting killed off again, lol.

• Love 5

I struggled with the time line a bit in the beginning, probably because I'm not a huge fan of Aaron and Gabriel episodes and wasn't paying full attention.

But once I figured out they were telling the main story backward, I was in. The scene in Michael Biehn's room o' heads was as tense as the show has been in some time and instead of doing yet another tired retread of hey, here's another crazy of the week the show gave us our first real evidence beside whatever it is they're doing with Eugene that everything in the Commonwealth isn't as on the up and up as they want us to think. The argument over whether they were going to force people who clearly wanted to be left alone to accept their "help" felt like it went on forever and wasn't making any sense for Aaron and Gabriel to not just nope on out of there until we saw what came before it. Somebody mentioned that the Commonwealth has been pouring food and resources into Alexandria and now they know they're on the hook for it.

So were we to think that these were the people Negan hooked up with after his you can't fire me I quit exit from Maggie and company? I'm having a bit of a hard time buying he'd be able to coexist with another crazy like that unless he had an ulterior motive like with the Whisperers or was planning to take the group over, but I guess it's a moot point now. He's still stuck allying with the former Alexandria crew whether he wants to or not.

• Love 4

Much to my surprise, this was an episode that I did not hate..even Negen's return was not a problem..he was gone for a couple of episodes, so, like a lanced boil on your ass, you can now not be pained by his presence.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2022 at 9:24 AM, OoohMaggie said:

I think they’re trying to tell us the new group aren’t bad but just happen to have another fruit loop as leader🤔

Lol, that seems to be exactly what they were saying.  I guess it's not that unusual though, there were some decent people caught up in the Saviors and Whisperers also.  Eh, all this just looks like another distraction from the main storyline to me.  I think the problem with TWD is that it gets so caught up in these little side stories and detours, and that has an irritating effect.

• Love 3

I am shocked that this was a good episode!   I too didn't like the 1 week, 1 month and a hour or whatever much.  And I too thought of the Governor, Terminus and Aaron when he was out looking for new recruits for Alexandria but they can't think of new ideas.   I liked that Negan showed up but am confused as to what he is doing and who he is with.   It was a plus with no Eugene!!!  Please don't show him next week!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SharonH58 said:

I am shocked that this was a good episode!

^^^This^^^  has to be one of the most politely scathing reviews of ANY television series which could ever be written.

”HOLY SHIT!!!  IT DIDN’T SUCK!!!  WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?”

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

"Oh goody, more bad guys." Said nobody, ever.

I did not even recognize Michael Biehn. I did recognize Jason Butler Harner from Ozark, however. The trouble is that I couldn't remember if we'd already seen him before. There are SO MANY damn new characters on this show I cannot possibly keep track. Let alone care about most of them.

One thing I did like was the quick take-down of the most recent loony leader and the mocking of same. 

Other than that? I got nothing. I knew Negan's absence was too good to last.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I did recognize Jason Butler Harner from Ozark, however. 

It was driving me nuts during the show.  Where the hell have I seen this guy?  I had to check IMDB.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:50 PM, millennium said:

Why did they kill Michael Biehn?   He was worthy of a full season.   This fucking show.

He was too expensive to keep? 

They did that with lots of good actors,  only the B ones seems to survive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

He was too expensive to keep? 

They did that with lots of good actors,  only the B ones seems to survive.

Maybe.  But if so, why hire the Michael Biehns in the first place?   It only highlights the glaring contrast between a well-liked actor like him and, say, that C-lister playing Hornsby.  Or just-please-somebody-kill-him-already Eugene.   Which incidentally begs the question: how did this show ever reach a point where Eugene is one of the lead characters?   Or where Negan seems like one of the sanest people on the show?  Or where Reverend PeePee Pants is one of the badasses?   Daryl's totally checked out; even his appearance is looking more like a costume than a serious character.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3