Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E92: Afterparty: Thrupple in Paradise

• Start Topic

Host Keshia Knight Pulliam breaks down the final half of the honeymoon with Chris and Lindsey, as they discuss Mark's landlord drama, the tense group dinner, and a shocking off-camera moment that happened when Alyssa and Chris signed their marriage license.

Airs Wednesday February 9 at 11:03PM EST

• Love 2

I was fascinated to hear the details Chris shared about signing the marriage certificate. She was already calling her lawyer by then!!?? And she declined to do the “I do” part with the officiant again at signing…oh yeah, she was really trying. Mmm hmm.

I don’t enjoy Lindsey on Afterparty, because she is the kind of person who has something to say about everything. I think she must be a handful for Keshia to manage, like when the question is obviously directed to Chris and Lindsey is the first to speak.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I really enjoyed this episode and am loving Keisha's way of handling the discussions and her pointed questions much more than Jamie.

I had mixed feelings about Lindsay after the first couple of episodes of the main show, but I am really warming up to her and think she is a nice and caring person now.  Maybe her nerves around new people were making her act a little extreme early on?

And loving that she and Mark are really being good friends to Chris, which I am sure is helping him get thru this mess.

That info about Alyssa's calling her lawyer........wow.   And, does this mean she's had situations in the past that she already has a client in her contact list.  Wonder what.........hmmm...

The tv listing has this down as an hour but the show is only 1/2 hour and then they show part of today's main episode. Wonder if that is filler and they are considering expanding the aftershow to an hour.  Would be fine with me.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I really enjoyed this episode and am loving Keisha's way of handling the discussions and her pointed questions much more than Jamie.

I had mixed feelings about Lindsay after the first couple of episodes of the main show, but I am really warming up to her and think she is a nice and caring person now.  Maybe her nerves around new people were making her act a little extreme early on?

And loving that she and Mark are really being good friends to Chris, which I am sure is helping him get thru this mess.

That info about Alyssa's calling her lawyer........wow.   And, does this mean she's had situations in the past that she already has a client in her contact list.  Wonder what.........hmmm...

The tv listing has this down as an hour but the show is only 1/2 hour and then they show part of today's main episode. Wonder if that is filler and they are considering expanding the aftershow to an hour.  Would be fine with me.

I think networks have figured out a way to game the system and trick people into watching other shows. I admit to sometimes ending up watching Watch What Happens Live on Bravo because it’s tacked on to the hour and a half recording of the one-hour Real Housewives shows.

I was really excited to see Chris’s “live and unfiltered” reactions to seeing Alyssa bitching to the producers, but he was just as calm and collected as he was when dealing with her in person. Quite the dichotomy with Lindsey who couldn’t even sit still and quiet for a second—constantly pawing at Chris (ie, consoling touch), interrupting, and even announcing when she needed to take a drink while Chris was talking. I was just saying she seemed better behaved in the actual show, but she was back to her erratic self here. Drunk again?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

I have had this problem the last two weeks - I set the tv to remind me when it is to start, and all I get is part of this week's show. So I have to watch it on demand.

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

Meh. I have four lawyers’ numbers in my phone and I’ve never been in trouble. Two are family friends, one is my best friend (who I have asked to review contracts before - I’d call her in this situation), and one is an estate attorney because I worked with her when my father passed.

• Love 1

Having a lawyer in her phone contacts doesn't surprise me. They all should. They all should have had someone review the contracts they signed and advised them on the entire process. Plus people often have a lawyer that has prepared their will or their prenup and maybe other documents. I think just about everything about ACE is suspicious and contrived but this doesn't bother me.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Having a lawyer in her phone contacts doesn't surprise me. They all should. They all should have had someone review the contracts they signed and advised them on the entire process. Plus people often have a lawyer that has prepared their will or their prenup and maybe other documents. I think just about everything about ACE is suspicious and contrived but this doesn't bother me.

I had an employment attorney review my severance agreement when I was laid off, so I would call a lawyer with a quickness were I ever going to do something like this. Not just the reality show contract but the marriage stuff - is there a prenup? The show stresses over and over that these are legally binding marriages, so damn right the participants should have lawyers weigh in - their own, not the show’s.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

….. Lindsey who couldn’t even sit still and quiet for a second—constantly pawing at Chris (ie, consoling touch), interrupting, and even announcing when she needed to take a drink while Chris was talking. 

THIS! Ugh.

• Love 4

I like how more details are coming out. Some, we already knew - that they sign the actual marriage papers in a county clerk's office the day FOLLOWING the filmed weddings, so, technically, they are not really married on their wedding night. But, again, I really feel that Chris is a good guy and I feel so sad that he got stuck with such a horrible person. I am glad that we all really DO see the real Alyssa. 

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

This one felt off to me for some reason.  Maybe because there were only two guests?  Why is Lindsey on it so often?  I did like how kind she was to Chris, though.  

My husband thought she was too touchy feely with Chris, but I think she's just a kind, empathetic person who needs to cut down on the alcohol consumption. Why haven't we seen any of the "experts" to date?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Lindsey, Lindsey.  One minute I can’t stand her, the other minute I feel sorry for her.  She calmed down this episode, but she was busting.  I get that she’s a fixer and helper, but she is always “on”.  I can’t picture her reading a book while Mark is watching a football game.  There has to be quiet time too.  Touching Mark once for comfort was enough.  She over does everything.  Was that alcohol again that she was drinking?  If she wants children, she has to change her ways for safety sake.   (Meant touching Chris, not Mark).  Can’t go back.   Love Keisha.  She really gets down to things.  Too bad she wasn’t on previously for the real tough situations.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I like how more details are coming out. Some, we already knew - that they sign the actual marriage papers in a county clerk's office the day FOLLOWING the filmed weddings, so, technically, they are not really married on their wedding night. But, again, I really feel that Chris is a good guy and I feel so sad that he got stuck with such a horrible person. I am glad that we all really DO see the real Alyssa. 

Chris said that they had already signed the papers but the officiants signature made it official.  This is why she was calling her lawyer to see if she could get it stopped

• Love 2
18 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Love Keisha.  She really gets down to things.  Too bad she wasn’t on previously for the real tough situations.

I'm enjoying her too. Wonder if she could host the Tell All episodes or the reunions and they'd get rid of Kevin "I side with the guys" Frazier. I'd love to have seen Keisha go in on Chris/Paige, or even Johnny!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Kevin "I side with the guys" Frazier.

He sure didn't when it came to Haley and Jake (who I definitely preferred). But, he has lost any bit of perspective and ability as an impartial journalist. I would love to see Keisha handle these shows now.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Lindz said:

This just made it seem like Chris was fully aware she didn't want to be married to him from the 2nd day & he looks even more stupid, acting like he didn't know on the honeymoon. 😒😒

I don’t see it like that.  I see him as giving her enough rope to hang herself which she’s doing in glorious fashion. 

• Love 9

Just binged all the Afterparty episodes - added to my understanding. I think Chris is keeping to the contract he signed (real estate guy, remember, so contracts and people fulfilling their end of the bargain up close and personal are his daily bread and butter. He is giving her every opportunity to step up and seriously give it a try. In all the previous seasons, I have never seen anything indicating anyone MUST have sex, MUST sleep in the same bed. Yes, many of the 'exercises' the 'experts' come up with DO involve touching - but can anyone truly claim they had NO idea they would be expected to actually have physical contact of ANY kind with their 'lawfully married, legally binding spouse'? I haven't yet figured out what Alyssa's game is - unless she is really SO utterly stupid as to think she was simply giving a shopping list to the 'experts' who would then guarantee to have her idea of a 'perfect match' waiting at the altar. Alyssa is the one who 'blew it' when she signed the contract. And now she's trying to rewrite the terms. Stupid. Can't wait for the next episode. Wonder if she walks out on Pastor Cal - something tells me that is her go-to move. Her family must know this and REALLY should have come clean with Chris!

• Love 5