Type keyword(s) to search

The Cassadines: Cold as Ice (Princess)

• Start Topic

The baby thing was ages ago, and no one has mentioned it in years. For which I'm eternally grateful, as it spares us more "But you did this thing that was worse!" "No, you did this and it was worse!" arguments.

Whether it's because of the baby thing or any other numerous reasons, I don't think Carly has the right to go off on anyone.  Lightning should strike her down regularly. 

• Love 5

Just on principal, Carly needs to get yelled at at least once a day. She offends on a continual basis. But I'm tired of the argument that someone did something worse as a reason to excuse current behavior. Especially when that thing happened years ago.

• Love 5

I know what you mean, I was just thinking that was probably the only time Nik and Carly had any real significant interaction, despite their connections to each other--sort of--through Luke and Laura. Is that right?

Nik being selfish and gross about women wasn't new. The fact that he would pursue a relationship that would hurt his brother was a new low but it wasn't really out of bounds for him

I dunno. I at least don't think Nikolas would have gone there without being in love with her, or at least would have restrained himself if she was with Lucky. It all just came out of the blue though.

*Were* Lucky and Liz together when Nik and Liz kissed? I forget.

*Were* Lucky and Liz together when Nik and Liz kissed? I forget.

Lucky was dating Rebecca at the time. Nik and Liz were at Jake's and kissed to make Lucky and Rebecca jealous, then realized they were kind of into it. Shudder.

• Love 1

Nik being selfish and gross about women wasn't new. The fact that he would pursue a relationship that would hurt his brother was a new low but it wasn't really out of bounds for him

It seemed pretty new around 2003, when Guza started trashing the character (which makes me suspect that Wendy Riche had more to do with reintroducing the Cassadines than Guza did). Nik and Em falling in love was a ham fisted way to make some sort of soap opera fairytale, but it started getting really bad when it became apparent that Nik preferred women that were already taken. 

I was never crazy about Nik, but when he started he was a nice enough guy, albeit understandably messed up by his dysfunctional heritage.

Then it seems like he got tiresome in the early 2000s with Emily and Courtney.

Then he had a brief moment of maybe being interesting again when they toyed with a Nik / Robin / Patrick triangle ... which for the record, they should have done in more depth, rather than parking him back with Em after Soily predictably failed.

Now he's just gross and should be gone. Really, his characterization has just been all over the place. The Liz affair, being dumb enough to be involved with Britt, and his abrupt turn to the dark side (which, like most things on this show, will go completely unpunished) -- the character is pretty much wrecked now.

• Love 2