Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Papier

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

This show just gets better and better. I can't help but wonder if Paul is still alive and somehow made a power move. The fact that we haven't seen his body must mean something.

That final fight scene was awesome. 

I've never read the books, does Reacher have aspergers or is he on the spectrum?  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I was not as impressed by the ending. Reacher never seems interested in asking the people who attack him questions, which I imagine might help, and the dude with the knife would surely have cut the tie before it was used to choke him. Also, Venezuela may want to send more than 2 people at a time, given their track record. 

I did enjoy some of the banter between Finlay and Reacher.

• Love 2

Man, the Canadian actors just keep popping out of the woodwork.  Neagly, on the other hand, is Danish.

They're worried about the noise from the rattle of the truck's back door, but they're talking loud to each other in the parking lot.

Reacher has  a forensic look at a picture of a  knife cut and Sherlock's South American Kung Fu into Venezuelan Kung Fu. The unknowing getting or forced in the criminal game with a once in you can't get back out from Ozark to The Cleaning Lady seems to be a new TV theme.

You do know that the Giant's ball player is going to pick this day to get his suit

On 2/6/2022 at 9:42 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

I've never read the books, does Reacher have aspergers or is he on the spectrum? 

No, that is never suggested in the books. He is portrayed as extremely smart and very observant. One quirk I haven't seen in the tv show is his "internal clock." He usually knows what time it is and when he goes to sleep he can tell himself what time to wake up - and then wakes up without an alarm.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Definitely starting to think Paul might actually still be alive after-all, but I wonder if he's actually more active in what is going on or if maybe he's being kept around because he's really good at what he does.  Either way, the flashback was effective enough at showing why he did what he did, because I imagine getting to witness first-hand some good old crucifying and castration would get most the fall in line.  At least Roscoe was able to keep Charlie and the girls out of enemy hands, but I'm highly suspicious over the decision to have the camera linger on Agent Picard for as long as they did.

While I missed seeing the whole team together, Reacher and Finlay made for a fun duo.  Reacher even finally got Finlay to cuss up a storm, heh. 

Looks like the Venezuelans aren't smuggling counterfeit money into the States, but it is the States that are actually smuggling out fake 100 bills, because someone got access to the paper that is only produced in Georgia.  And it sounds like Joe was investigating that part and I guess he got close enough to get killed for it.  Lets see if Reacher can fare better!

On 2/6/2022 at 11:42 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Quite the contrary, he's very much scary smart and although he's a man of few words, he's pretty affable. I feel like the actor playing him may not have read the books. If you think about the Tom Cruise portrayal, I think Cruise got the balance right between his quiet focus and the quick mind and ability to problem solve. Also, in the books, he's a bit more expositional as he's describing a lot of what he's thinking through and not just spouting out his conclusions.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

Also, in the books, he's a bit more expositional as he's describing a lot of what he's thinking through and not just spouting out his conclusions

In particular, the author spends quite a bit of time explaining how one guy can successfully fight off four other guys (lots of prediction of their movements, use of physics and balance, etc.) 

3 minutes ago, dleighg said:

In particular, the author spends quite a bit of time explaining how one guy can successfully fight off four other guys (lots of prediction of their movements, use of physics and balance, etc.) 

Oh, like what Guy Ritchie did in the Sherlock movies. Hmm, that could work in a Series. They could also do the VO like Burn Notice.

Maybe in S2

On 2/8/2022 at 3:22 AM, LaylaGirl said:

No, that is never suggested in the books. He is portrayed as extremely smart and very observant. One quirk I haven't seen in the tv show is his "internal clock." He usually knows what time it is and when he goes to sleep he can tell himself what time to wake up - and then wakes up without an alarm.

It was mentioned briefly this episode (I think it was this episode). When Reacher was trying to get through to one of the Professors, he managed to work out what time it was and Finley made some comment "How did you know that, you don't have a watch?"

• Love 1