Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

if that list of TCCs is real, wow, they really said, 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' to almost everyone from last year. good lord lol

That is a lot of A names, and K names. LOL.
I know this isn't confirmed but it looks like only TCCs Amanda and Kylie from seasons prior. 

Shocking they would take Amanda over Bre, who are BFFs. My heart breaks for her 😔

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

That is a lot of A names, and K names. LOL.
I know this isn't confirmed but it looks like only TCCs Amanda and Kylie from seasons prior. 

Shocking they would take Amanda over Bre, who are BFFs. My heart breaks for her 😔

amanda is from last year? that doesn't look like the amanda (howard?) who was one of the first 4 cuts. i'm confused

ugh i found kylie so annoying. she looks 12 and was acting so desperate

• Like 1
  • Love 2
Just now, vanillagum said:

amanda is from last year? that doesn't look like the amanda (howard?) who was one of the first 4 cuts. i'm confused

ugh i found kylie so annoying. she looks 12 and was acting so desperate

It’s the Amanda Howard 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It’s the Amanda Howard 

THE amanda howard hahaha. thank u

yeah i needed to zoom into the pic on reddit. i'm also shocked she made it over bre. i think bre is cuter and a way better dancer based on what i've seen on both of their instas

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, MC123 said:

This has been floating around FB and Reddit 

0319873D-5C0F-4260-B56E-122C31512E43.jpeg

None of these TCCs will look good as redheads.
Also, that's a lot of white people, to replace 9 other white people.

Lisa Kudrow Movie GIF

Edited by StellaCL
Sp
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

THE amanda howard hahaha. thank u

yeah i needed to zoom into the pic on reddit. i'm also shocked she made it over bre. i think bre is cuter and a way better dancer based on what i've seen on both of their instas

Amanda Howard looks far more mature than most of the girls…

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

I am also shocked and so sad Bre didn’t get into TCC. She looked amazing in all the prep classes. I hope she will try out again next year 

Edited by Survivor197
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Not too surprised.  Even if Lisa was PHENOMENAL, no way would Kelli let another girl steal VK’s comeback, A++ story, and accolades!  I can only imagine the gushing and special treatment VK will get now since there will be no cameras documenting Kelli’s blatant favoritism.  Would love to be a fly on the wall whenever VK is around!

I’m not looking forward to Jalyn getting kicked out of show group again in her fifth year because of this. She should have realized a long time ago that she deserves much better than this. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Wahoodancer said:

I’m not looking forward to Jalyn getting kicked out of show group again in her fifth year because of this. She should have realized a long time ago that she deserves much better than this. 

I don't know if Jalyn will get cut from show group again or if someone else will piss Kelli off enough that said girl will get cut instead of Jalyn. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know if Jalyn will get cut from show group again or if someone else will piss Kelli off enough that said girl will get cut instead of Jalyn. 

Getting on VKs bad side could also get a DCC in trouble!  Who is at risk at being cut or demoted in order to promote VK?

3 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Getting on VKs bad side could also get a DCC in trouble!  Who is at risk at being cut or demoted in order to promote VK?

I’m sorry, am I the only one who thinks last year was Kelly and Judy’s way of saying VK grow up or don’t come back?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Isn’t there a picture missing from the list of TCC? 

NOT saying the name…

Victoria is there in that list of images.  Whoever put it together used her DCC picture and put her among the other DCC instead of with the other TCC because she's supposedly a third year despite not having made the team as of yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria is there in that list of images.  Whoever put it together used her DCC picture and put her among the other DCC instead of with the other TCC because she's supposedly a third year despite not having made the team as of yet.

I think for cheerleaders who take a year off and come back, they are considered a vet as soon as they get into TC, with their total years of tenure attached. So if she did get into TC then she is technically a 3rd year vet!

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

I’m sorry, am I the only one who thinks last year was Kelly and Judy’s way of saying VK grow up or don’t come back?  

Nah I’ve been thinking along these lines too. Or something went down and she isn’t their star pupil anymore. I got the vibe from the comments left on her post when she first announced that they were over her. 

• Love 5

So if the rumored TCC list is to be believed, our 2022 Training Camp Candidates are (with their Instagrams) : 

Alyssa Barkin - @alyssanoelleb

Amanda Howard - @moveinwithmandy

Ariana McClure - @arimcclure

Ashlea - @ashleuhh

Eden Ryder - @edenryder

Kali Rochford - @kali.rochford

Kally Bethea - @kallz_xo

Karley Swindel - @karleywindel  

Kayla Garcia - @kaylamonique_garcia

Kayla Hayes - @_kaylahayes

Kylie Dickson - @kylie_dickson

Marissa Phillips  - @marissaphillips_

Sophy Laufer - @sophylulaufer

Taylor Altieri - @tay.dance

Zhenya Kolpakova - @zhenya_kolpakova

Feel free to make corrections/additions as need be! :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, allitator said:

I think for cheerleaders who take a year off and come back, they are considered a vet as soon as they get into TC, with their total years of tenure attached. So if she did get into TC then she is technically a 3rd year vet!

The terminology is "veteran candidate" which has always struck me as strange because many of the veterans, particularly show group, will have their uniforms and be performing during training camp.

1 minute ago, PomPomPom said:
Edited by PomPomPom
Spelling
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, vanillagum said:

i can't tell if you mean this positively or negatively haha

Hahaha! I feel like I’m coming off as super negative here so I just dropped it leaving it open for interpretation… 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

There are 5 show group spots opening up from those retired.  Jalyn will be on show group and group leader.  

Seriously Jalyn was screwed over what 2 years ago, but doubt they'll do that again. VK will prob land back on SG, but doubt if Jalyn goes anywhere although no clue why she chooses to stay IMO.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

There are 5 show group spots opening up from those retired.  Jalyn will be on show group and group leader.  

There are only 4 show group slots from retired vets: Gina, Lexi, Rachel, and Amber. Erin wasn’t on show group this past season.

But I guess it is possible some vets may lose their spot, or decline show group,  and/or they may decide to take less than 18, and go back to 16. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

So if the rumored TCC list is to be believed, our 2022 Training Camp Candidates are (with their Instagrams) : 

Ashlea - @ashleuhh

Eden Ryder - @edenryder

Kally Bethea - @kallz_xo

I’m just confused bc hadn’t we heard that Cailey and Janie were both selected?? This feels off to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

There are only 4 show group slots from retired vets: Gina, Lexi, Rachel, and Amber. Erin wasn’t on show group this past season.

But I guess it is possible some vets may lose their spot, or decline show group,  and/or they may decide to take less than 18, and go back to 16. 

You are correct.  Forgot Erin was 2020 not 2021 show group.  

(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, PepperM said:

I’m just confused bc hadn’t we heard that Cailey and Janie were both selected?? This feels off to me. 

They were both selected for finals, but not training camp

Edited by Christineelgene
Spellin
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

So do I just have a twisted mind, or did anybody else think Lisa could relate to Jinkx Monsoon’s “draguation” speech? (the key part starts at 11:20 in this link:

• Love 2

Based on me stalking their IG’s, this is who I would choose out of the rookies to be on the team. 

Alyssa (obviously, I have been rooting for her since DAY 1)
Amanda (previous TCC)
Ariana
Kali (cause she was a Rangerette)
Kylie (previous TCC)
Sophy 
Taylor
Zhenya

I have Kally as a strong maybe because the videos she has posted on IG are good, but I can’t get that turn from her solo out of my mind. Everyone else I couldn’t find anything on them besides photos, so I can’t really make a decision (although based on looks Marissa, Eden and Kayla H would be strong maybes)

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Based on me stalking their IG’s, this is who I would choose out of the rookies to be on the team. 

Amanda (previous TCC)
Ariana
Kylie (previous TCC)
Sophy 
Taylor
Zhenya

I have Kally as a strong maybe because the videos she has posted on IG are good, but I can’t get that turn from her solo out of my mind. Everyone else I couldn’t find anything on them besides photos, so I can’t really make a decision (although based on looks Marissa, Eden and Kayla H would be strong maybes)

I agree with all except Amanda.  I just don’t like her dancing and am kind of ticked off they took her over Bre. To be fair, it’s not bad dancing, but it never seems to be DCC style, and I don’t see much personality in it.

Eden I saw dance freestyle to several different music selections and I hated it. It was just goofy with a lot of hand waving.  Reminded me of those blow up hand wavy things they use to advertise car sales. (If you know what I mean and the actual name of them, let me know, thanks 🙂)Hopefully her technique and choreographed dancing is better. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I was bored, so I decided to tackle Judy's job making the formation for the squad photo. I even have visuals this time. 

I knew I wanted the rookies to be at the back since there are only 8 rookies (I did this before finding out that Amber was injured but I just switched her photo with VK's and tweaked it a little bit, and it turned out fine)

I wanted a front center and a back center. I originally had Ashlee as the front center, but considering that Kat got the swimsuit cover, I have a strong feeling that Kat will be the center girl for the cover. And I put VK as the back center because I had nowhere else to put her, so she gets the Alanna circa 2020 treatment. 

The DCC logo represents the rookie girls. 

Now each vertical line represents a person. The front row represents how the girl will be positioned when they are sitting down.

Sorry for the bad pink photo with the lines, I originally did it in a transparent background before I realized that the forum is white so it will just be a blank photo and I didn't want to do the lines again so I quickly filled in the background with pink. 

So...what do you guys think?

1266751972_2022SquadUsing2017Format.thumb.png.21e99ae240a043aa403b03c540e397fa.png

Formation.thumb.png.2a827a4b7fcb344c53ca74abb88073fb.png

• Love 5
On 6/17/2022 at 12:51 AM, LunaValerion said:

Ashlea - @ashleuhh

Eden Ryder - @edenryder

Kally Bethea - @kallz_xo

I believe Ashlea’s last name is Grabau

(edited)
On 6/18/2022 at 4:52 AM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Amanda (previous TCC)
Ariana
Kylie (previous TCC)
Sophy 
Taylor
Zhenya

IG stalking only, obviously haven't seen hardly any dancing yet. 
My early favorites are - which means close to nothing since we are all still in the dark regarding TC: 

Kali R. - she's tall and I like it, and it will help balance Jada on the kickline. The one clip I found though, she may need a year or two more of training to really develop the DCC style.

Kayla Garcia - When is the last time we had a sizzling latina on the team? The winged eyeliner will have to go for DCC, but she was adorable as a Suns dancer and she is a friend of Darian's. I haven't seen her dance yet though.

Zhenya - for being another blonde she has a different look, and I like it. We'll see if she can do the DCC style or not.

I am 50/50 on the return of Amanda and Kylie. They were adorable last year but they didn't stand out as far as dance ability that I remember. It seems cruel to get cut from TC twice, and I don't want the heartache for them, but it is possible they both might get outdanced.

Taylor A. has all those beautiful dance shots, but her dance clips were largely underwhelming. 

Shout out to Kayla H. for having bangs in some of her photos. Bangs! We have to go back to the Megan Sharpe days for that.  She doesn't have any dance clips posted though.

Victoria seems like she will sail through TC for many reasons, not just the obvious ones.

And a hard pass for me on Ariana. Yes, this shows my age, but I think it is fairly true of my generation -  the overly contoured, IG perfect pout poses, filtered shots is just a huge turn off and not represenative of anything real. It was also the reason why I was never a fan of Ashley Hancock. No thanks.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 10:47 PM, Jezlyn said:

Can't imagine this ever happening with the DCC, I can't even imagine what Kelly's response would be if someone tried out.

But super cool and progressive of Carolina

Screenshot_20220618-144520_Instagram.jpg

I was so proud of my home team last year for selecting male cheerleaders, and this year I get to be proud of them all over again. 🏳️‍🌈❤️

Edited by allitator
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, allitator said:

this year I get to be proud of them all over again

They are more progressive with their cheerleaders than with  their quarterbacks choices.

Edited by edie3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 6/18/2022 at 12:10 PM, vanillagum said:

i thought bre was so adorable and good here (third slide)

when i saw this clip a while ago it made me a bit of a fan and hope she came back

sad!

Which one is Bre in that video?