Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, PepperM said:

No, I haven’t seen confirmation either, but seems likely based on attendance of classes and camps, and comments on posts about those, etc. They all seem to have relatively clammed up on socials though, which is sometimes a sign 👀

Also, per Kash’s story, finals are officially underway! Keep your eyes peeled!

437721C3-2F7A-4619-BDA7-87C66ABF4F88.jpeg

Who is the blonde in the blue dress, maybe for lyrical, in this photo?

14 hours ago, TB12 said:

I click on DCC insta story to Kleine’s Maddie like hip hop routine, so not a fan of mediocre “hip hop.”

Well without the music we can't tell anything.

17 hours ago, TB12 said:

I click on DCC insta story to Kleine’s Maddie like hip hop routine, so not a fan of mediocre “hip hop.”

Yeesh, I was cringing throughout the entire story. It reminded me of something we’d see during finals for season 1 or 2. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Who is the blonde in the blue dress, maybe for lyrical, in this photo?

It looks like Tori or Ashlinn to me but it’s too far away to really tell 🤔

14 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I miss the days of the dcc Twitter accounts disappearing alerting us to who had been cut 

These days were the best days!! Stalking all the Twitter accounts from like 8pm and running to this page to find out who got cut because their Twitter was taken down. I still remember the shock when Jasmine got cut going into her fourth year until we saw her audition air. 

• Love 20

I am also one that cringed watching Kleine's solo. I mean granted we did not see the whole thing but those few seconds turned me off bigtime. I seriously need to find videos on YouTube of actual decent hip hop dancing now because between Maddies wannabe hip hop and now this I can not unsee the horror in my mind. I get that girls are doing new styles and that is all well and good but one should not do hip hop if they can not carry that style. I was flashing back to seasons 1/2/3 final days.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, PepperM said:

Post 2: Amber L “sending lots of love to her DCC fam” AFTER auditions are over. Was she just busy all day? Or did one of her rookie sisters get some news they didn’t want to hear?

FC54435F-5A75-4FA6-B317-68FCCA416A74.jpeg

Didn't she say she wasn't auditioning this year because of an injury?

21 hours ago, TB12 said:

7 hours ago, Kamal said:

Well without the music we can't tell anything.

Hip Hop is Hip Hop and that definitely isn't it.  Girl needs to stop attempting this and do something else.  I like Kleine but wonder if she can do other types of dance.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Didn't she say she wasn't auditioning this year because of an injury?

Yeah, she did. A lot of the retiring/retired girls made posts like this on their stories wishing their friends luck, but what struck me was that Amber did it AFTER auditions were over for some reason. 

• Love 2
Just now, PepperM said:

Yeah, she did. A lot of the retiring/retired girls made posts like this on their stories wishing their friends luck, but what struck me was that Amber did it AFTER auditions were over for some reason. 

Probably was just busy and wasn’t on social media 

• Love 1
(edited)

Kleine re-posted the snippet with music and two captions  - it's her favorite solo - and she's blessed to be able to do what she loves and have a little fun doing it.

Okay so I take back my criticism. It's still not hip hop but she was probably very entertaining for her intended audience - which is the name of the game. 

Also we would not be talking about Kleine and her solo if we had something else to talk about so... hello? crickets?  Let's open up the gates ladies.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Kleine re-posted the snippet with music and two captions  - it's her favorite solo - and she's blessed to be able to do what she loves and have a little fun doing it.

Okay so I take back my criticism. It's still not hip hop but she was probably very entertaining for her intended audience - which is the name of the game. 

Also we would not be talking about Kleine and her solo if we had something else to talk about so... hello? crickets?  Let's open up the gates ladies.

I think if Kleine reposted her solo with those captions, it is safe to say she made it into training camp.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, StellaCL said:

What judges are back? 
From IG I have seen Charlotte, Haley, Melissa, Scott, Meridith.

Haven't seen Brenda or Marshall yet.

Any others? MJ maybe?

MJ was there.

Marshall posted on his IG he wished all the cheerleaders luck, he's home sick with covid.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Amanda Souks posted she had a long flight so I am guessing she did not make it to TC

2A7F5707-A6CC-41B2-A73E-A68C16FF807D.png

She is flying back to Texas she has been gone at a wedding 

26 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Natalie Hillman was a possible finals candidate for me. Thoughts on this picture?9F646B49-7B0E-48F2-B015-E73C52450833.png.b9523698bd8b76f0c87a5febaa90824f.png

Anything at The Star right now raises flags for me. I’d say she’s in. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Anything at The Star right now raises flags for me. I’d say she’s in. 

There is no other reason to be there dressed up, except for first meeting.  She is friends with .Claire and was at TCU with KayDianna and Christina,

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lynnbo said:

Natalie Hillman was a possible finals candidate for me. Thoughts on this picture?9F646B49-7B0E-48F2-B015-E73C52450833.png.b9523698bd8b76f0c87a5febaa90824f.png

And she fits TPTB fave profile, long blonde hair = the ultimate girl next door… 

• Love 1
(edited)

I’d put money down based on more vague things like whose following who now that Sophy, Taylor and Ariana all made TC.  Though maybe not a lot of money lol

Edited by Lynnbo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lynnbo said:

I’d put money down based on more vague things like whose following who now that Sophy, Taylor and Ariana all made TC.  Though maybe not a lot of money lol

Check out DCC megans new follows...

If who I’m thinking got into TC did (judging off peoples followings) then wowww they are stacked and beautiful 😨Wouldn’t be surprised to see VK and Lisa not make it back. Not sure if they’d cut anyone who wasn’t coming off a break but who knows they can be ruthless lol. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, dfwxo said:

I’ve been following lots of these ladies - a fair number have been in prep classes and a few were spotted at finals, so definitely some good finds. I’m curious how you’re figuring out recent follows since Insta doesn’t display followers by recency anymore?

4 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I’ve been following lots of these ladies - a fair number have been in prep classes and a few were spotted at finals, so definitely some good finds. I’m curious how you’re figuring out recent follows since Insta doesn’t display followers by recency anymore?

Right and figuring out who has cheered with current members before or just reached out talk to them abt the audition process 

• Useful 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I’m not sure their algorithm but on certain accounts for me they do. It’s always accounts I don’t follow. Definitely 100% sure what I’m seeing is chronological. However in most accounts(ones I follow) they don’t show in order. 

Edited by dfwxo
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

MJ was there.

Marshall posted on his IG he wished all the cheerleaders luck, he's home sick with covid.

MJ? I’m automatically thinking Michael Jackson & we all know that can’t happen 😳🤦🏻‍♂️😬🤷🏻‍♂️🥸

• LOL 3
59 minutes ago, dfwxo said:

I’m not sure their algorithm but on certain accounts for me they do. It’s always accounts I don’t follow. Definitely 100% sure what I’m seeing is chronological. However in most accounts(ones I follow) they don’t show in order. 

The one Monique gal darian knows her from the suns 

1 hour ago, dfwxo said:

They show up chronological for me too if I am checking IG on my computer, rather than my phone. Also, people I don't follow.

1 hour ago, bernie2018 said:

MJ? I’m automatically thinking Michael Jackson & we all know that can’t happen 😳🤦🏻‍♂️😬🤷🏻‍♂️🥸

MJ Acosta. The TV reporter who interviewed them last year and was a judge at show group auditions. She was a judge at finals this year.
https://www.instagram.com/mjacostatv/

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

So very curious to know if Lisa or VK made it into TC. Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

Looking at who’s judging, no doubt VK made it back.  Bestie Haley is judging, as is Auntie Kelli, her moms bestie

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

So very curious to know if Lisa or VK made it into TC. Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

sadly, VK made it into tc but Lisa didn't according to a dcc fan group

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 14
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She is flying back to Texas she has been gone at a wedding 

2 hours ago, PepperM said:

I pay too much attention to this stuff. Lol.  Sometimes you can get an idea who might try out based on who they know.  So I look and see who follows who.  Sophy and Taylor aren’t local and weren’t followed by most DCC. Now they have several. Ariana didn’t follow either but now she does and they her. Generally once everyone makes TC, all the TC candidates follow each other so that can be a pretty good indicator. 

I don’t keep lists because that would truly be insane, lol but I do notice. Especially the ones we all think have a strong chance of making it. Last year, many of us figured out who was in TC based on who Marissa followed.  Lol. 

Just now, Lynnbo said:

I pay too much attention to this stuff. Lol.  Sometimes you can get an idea who might try out based on who they know.  So I look and see who follows who.  Sophy and Taylor aren’t local and weren’t followed by most DCC. Now they have several. Ariana didn’t follow either but now she does and they her. Generally once everyone makes TC, all the TC candidates follow each other so that can be a pretty good indicator. 

I don’t keep lists because that would truly be insane, lol but I do notice. Especially the ones we all think have a strong chance of making it. Last year, many of us figured out who was in TC based on who Marissa followed.  Lol. 

Though I did keep a list of who I thought was trying out, so I guess I am partially insane. 😂

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, viccib said:

sadly, VK made it into tc but Lisa didn't according to a dcc fan group

Oh wow.  I wish neither had tried out to be honest. So much drama with VK and I was worried Lisa might not be up to it. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6