Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

I’ve always liked Caroline. They just do her dirty with her hair. I honestly hate to talk ugly about these beautiful ladies when I spend 99% of my life looking like a damn thumb with a pair of glasses. 

anyway, the last two or three years, it’s been much harder to root for the girls because of the secrecy. Lockdown or not, I know nothing about them from about Season 13, maybe 14 on. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
On 7/23/2022 at 12:12 AM, dfwxo said:

If it were me picking I think my 2 out would be Amanda or Alyssa(crazy because I was really rooting for her just not sure now. But then again I bet she looks great in uniform). I’m not sure why Amanda gives me Amy vibes which is kinda yawn😭 This really is a beautiful bunch and I wish I could see them dance so I can say for sure. They could all make it 

I was so underwhelmed by Amanda last year that I have no investment in her making the team. I think her makeover does nothing for her, but it's such a blonde rookie class, it might help her stand out. I couldn't quite put it into words, but "Amy vibes which is kinda yawn" is exactly how I feel about Amanda!

On 7/23/2022 at 10:35 PM, Kamal said:

Are there any strong Caroline fans here?

Right here. Been a Caroline fan since her rookie year, even as she had limited screen time. Her dancing would consistently catch my eye in the background or on the edge of the screen. I just really enjoy watching her dance. Caroline, Ashlee, and Kelcey are my front runners for point and I will be sad for whoever doesn't get it.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Is this the last week of training camp? Final team by the end of the week?

Probably not bc they will be leaving to Oxnard this week I think Wensday or Thursday they leave 

• Useful 2
On 7/22/2022 at 11:01 PM, StellaCL said:

Cute photo of the remaining TCCs, missing Amanda.

Left to right:

Sophy, Karley, Kally, Zhenya, Kylie, Marissa, Alyssa, Kayla H., Kali

Rumor is there are two cuts left to get to 36.

106603D4-1A96-4D80-9A3F-48E64240E124.jpeg

I don't want to be rude or anything, but I do not like Kayla H.'s hair. It looks like Kat's old wig with the blonde highlights that almost look gray.

ef90b34ab460ece517e96c91f784c76d.jpg

I personally think Kayla looks better in her old IG photos with just black hair. If this was Kelli's makeover on her, then Kelli needs to stop giving the girls makeovers, or go to another salon. 

As for who I think is getting cut...to be honest, I don't really know. They just threw us a curveball by cutting Ariana and Ashlea, so at this point everyone is at risk of getting cut, except for VK of course. Although I am going to place my imaginary money on Kali making the team solely because she is tall and they need another tall girl since Taylor retired. I am rooting for Alyssa, Zhenya, Marissa P. and Kali to make the team. Maybe Sophy and Karley. Everyone else I don't really have an attachment for (I am using the word attachment very loosely since we basically know nothing about these girls)

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I don't want to be rude or anything, but I do not like Kayla H.'s hair. It looks like Kat's old wig with the blonde highlights that almost look gray.

ef90b34ab460ece517e96c91f784c76d.jpg

I personally think Kayla looks better in her old IG photos with just black hair. If this was Kelli's makeover on her, then Kelli needs to stop giving the girls makeovers, or go to another salon. 

As for who I think is getting cut...to be honest, I don't really know. They just threw us a curveball by cutting Ariana and Ashlea, so at this point everyone is at risk of getting cut, except for VK of course. Although I am going to place my imaginary money on Kali making the team solely because she is tall and they need another tall girl since Taylor retired. I am rooting for Alyssa, Zhenya, Marissa P. and Kali to make the team. Maybe Sophy and Karley. Everyone else I don't really have an attachment for (I am using the word attachment very loosely since we basically know nothing about these girls)

Kylie is very close with last year’s TCC, I want her to make it for that reason, and I think she’s adorable.  Sophy and Kally are so pretty, and seem to be pretty good.   Zhenya has been very solid in what classes I have seen her in.  I’d be happy if those three made it as well.  
But Amanda… I feel like she needs more classes and I am still miffed she made it over Bre. Or really many of the other tcc from last year that didn’t make it to camp this year.  I can’t understand it. She can dance, but I don’t see much in the way of power and she doesn’t stand out to me.
I am surprised Ariana was cut.  
Others I have no opinion on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

Kylie is very close with last year’s TCC, I want her to make it for that reason, and I think she’s adorable.  Sophy and Kally are so pretty, and seem to be pretty good.   Zhenya has been very solid in what classes I have seen her in.  I’d be happy if those three made it as well.  
But Amanda… I feel like she needs more classes and I am still miffed she made it over Bre. Or really many of the other tcc from last year that didn’t make it to camp this year.  I can’t understand it. She can dance, but I don’t see much in the way of power and she doesn’t stand out to me.
I am surprised Ariana was cut.  
Others I have no opinion on. 

I love Kylie and hope she makes it along with Kally, Sophy, Kayla H, and Zhenya.  Other than that, I'm fine with any of the remaining.  I wouldn't mind a team of 38 to be honest.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2022 at 3:51 PM, PomPomPom said:

This has been posted in spoilers on DCC MTT on Facebook. It says the four ladies greyed out have been cut. No further source than that.

FB_IMG_1658346522479.jpg

Any vets cut at finals?

Ashlee posted a picture of the girls flying to Oxnard - if only showgroup goes to Oxnard, then it looks like Dani and Kelee made showgroup this year!

ashlee.thumb.jpg.6978f8a5a73f32167cac6e37d4c6fed6.jpg

• Love 9
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Stee said:

Ashlee posted a picture of the girls flying to Oxnard - if only showgroup goes to Oxnard, then it looks like Dani and Kelee made showgroup this year!

ashlee.thumb.jpg.6978f8a5a73f32167cac6e37d4c6fed6.jpg

It’s 2021 show group members  that went plus Dani and kelee only the ones who retired that were on show group they didn’t go 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

It’s 2021 show group members  that went plus Dani and kelee only the ones who retired that were on show group they didn’t go 

It looks like Kat is not there.  Maybe she is not in Show Group this year…

Edited by aimeelou625
(edited)
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

I understand it is the 2021 showgroup less those showgroup members that retired at the end of last season (Gina, Lexie, etc.) and plus Dani and Kellee making a total of 16. So including Kat. There are only eight or nine visible in that photo.

Edited by PomPomPom
Text correction
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I understand it is the 2021 showgroup less those showgroup members that retired at the end of last season (Gina, Lexie, etc.) and plus Dani and Kellee making a total of 16. So including Kat. There are only eight or nine visible in that photo.

Plus they fly commercial and don’t all sit together 

• Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Kat will never not be on show group or at a good spot in the triangle ever again. K&J finally realized she's a huge asset, people love her, and she has a big following. Not only that, she's like the happiest funniest person on the team. 

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Per AYTOL on Reddit.  The latest TC cut.   Apparently Alyssa was injured during TC.  Perhaps she couldn't overcome it?

TC Cuts 7.27.22.jpeg

This was the second or third time Alyssa tried out? I am always curious how long the journey is for some of the candidates that eventually make the team, or for the ones that are just as good, but never manage to make it. 

Online auditions being the thing for the past 3 years has made this info harder to come by.

I hope Alyssa fully heals and comes back next year.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

It looks Kleine might not be there, judging by her IG stories. Chandi is definitely there, along with Claire and Tyra. McKenzie is out of that shot too.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

It looks Kleine might not be there, judging by her IG stories. Chandi is definitely there, along with Claire and Tyra. McKenzie is out of that shot too.

Kleine was not show group for 2021. 

2021 show group is who went to Oxnard plus Dani and Kelee. I have seen these 2021 members there: Caroline, Ashlee, Jalyn, Claire, Marissa, McKenzie, Darian, Armani and Tyra in social media posts, except no photos yet of Chandi, Kelcey, Kat, Tori, and KayDianna.

Retiring vets do not go so we won’t be seeing Gina, Lexi, Rachel, or Amber M.

No news on who made show group for the 2022 season, or if there even is going to be one. I think they should retire show group and just use the vets that are available for appearances.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

2021 show group is who went to Oxnard plus Dani and Kelee. I have seen these 2021 members there: Caroline, Ashlee, Jalyn, Claire, Marissa, McKenzie, Darian, Armani and Tyra in social media posts, except no photos yet of Chandi, Kelcey, Kat, Tori, and KayDianna.

No news on who made show group for the 2022 season, or if there even is going to be one. I think they should retire show group and just use the vets that are available for appearances.

Thanks for reminding me, I had a brain fart! For some reason, I thought she got picked.

2 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

What if K&J chose Kat was point? She is not the strongest technical dancer, but neither was Kashara. Kat has a lot of performance charisma and is loved by the fans. She also photographs very well. 

KaShara stepped up and showed she could be a leader.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I saw Tori and Kelcey on an instragram story together in California. I believe they are in Oxnard with the rest of the showgroup. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, go4luca said:

Per AYTOL on Reddit.  The latest TC cut.   Apparently Alyssa was injured during TC.  Perhaps she couldn't overcome it?

TC Cuts 7.27.22.jpeg

network closing GIF

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

In all seriousness, I wish her a speedy recovery, and hopefully she'll come back next year even better than ever. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

Wow, that had Kelcey as point with Claire and Caroline in the triangle. A sign of things to come? I am surprised they didn't use Ashlee, Kat, or Chandi. But it was just a brief clip, I definitely am  curious to see more.

3 hours ago, Tarode said:

I saw Tori and Kelcey on an instragram story together in California. I believe they are in Oxnard with the rest of the showgroup. 

Yeah, it looks like all 14 of the 2021 show group are there. I haven't seen Chandi yet, but she did post a photo of an Oxnard jersey. 

Edit: I think I can make out Chandi for a second in the clip posted by ClassicPegg above.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Wow, that had Kelcey as point with Claire and Caroline in the triangle. A sign of things to come? I am surprised they didn't use Ashlee, Kat, or Chandi. But it was just a brief clip, I definitely am  curious to see more.

Yeah, it looks like all 14 of the 2021 show group are there. I haven't seen Chandi yet, but she did post a photo of an Oxnard jersey. 

Chandi was in the sneek peak clip 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:41 AM, RhiRhi said:

I hate that K&J reward this toxic cycle.  VK crash diets in the last few months before auditions…makes the team… and then can’t possibly maintain the extreme weightloss, so slowly (or not slowly, milkshakes anyone?) gains the weight back again. 

And sadly we haven't only seen this with VK. How many times have we seen returning vets (after having a very svelte rookie season) get called into the office for weight gain and been told to get it in check or get dismissed or they don't even make it back into TC because they gained weight (like Breelan or Ashley P)? And then there's when they retire & gain the weight back. I remember talking with a friend about a photo KaShara posted months after she left and my friend commented that she look thick and I said, "no she looks normal. She's only thick by DCC standards."

DCC can go on about how they encourage a healthy body image, but the fact is that their required weight is hard to maintain and takes a toll on the body and for some, it's not really sustainable. As for K&J rewarding the cycle, yeah I guess if you get on show group, are a GL or are in the triangle, then maybe it is worth it, but for the other girls who are just there, I don't think its worth the struggle.

As for VK, she did seem to have kept extra weight off when she came back for her 1st season as a vet, but that was during covid when they were at the hotel and she didn't really get a lot of attention. I'm sure that before the show was canceled, there was a plan for VK's big welcome back story and honestly I'm rather glad we won't be subjected to it. I actually find it quite funny that, rather then being one of the show's shining stars where we see extra scenes of her being a mentor to a rookie as a boot buddy/roomie, being named a GL or watching guest choreographers put her front and center for their dances, all of her seasons have been marred by various issues, dramas or outside forces.

For example: 1st rookie year: weight gain and entitled attitude got her kicked out of TC. 2nd rookie year: clear preferential treatment ahead of others, bumped Jalyn out of show group which didn't get her a lot of fans. 1st vet year: covid (barely any focus on her). 2nd vet year: she took a break for what ever reason. This year: no more TV show. Back when VK started this journey, I bet her and her mother were primed for her to get a lot of exposure on the show and really it hasn't been that way at all. It's almost karmic when you think about it. While part of me will miss the show, I won't miss VK's comeback story.

• Fire 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, PamPamPam said:

Can someone attach names?  I still can't put names to all faces :(

Tyra Claire Dani armani Tori darian Marissa kaydianna Kellee McKenzie 

jalyn Caroline Ashlee kelcey Kat chandi

• Love 6
5 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I rewatched and I think Caroline is point with Kelcey in the triangle on one side. It's hard to make out who is on the other side. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Tdoc72 said:

In the reel w/their uniforms on, I definitely thought Caroline was point. I’d rather it be Kelsey but Caroline isn’t terrible. 

Someone on Reddit posted pictures went to see them preform and she said Caroline was point for all of thunder 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

To follow up on all these awesome Oxnard posts ... 

A source has told me that what you see is what you see: 

Caroline has been selected as point.

Now, while I do usually trust this person, I want to stress that I've heard NO second confirmation of this, and I'm also a bit skeptical as they wouldn't confirm whether there's only one point, or if they're still doing two. Also, I should stress that this is all just one performance, so there it is ... a rumor. But hopefully the ball is moving on releasing more info. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, LunaValerion said:

To follow up on all these awesome Oxnard posts ... 

A source has told me that what you see is what you see: 

Caroline has been selected as point.

Now, while I do usually trust this person, I want to stress that I've heard NO second confirmation of this, and I'm also a bit skeptical as they wouldn't confirm whether there's only one point, or if they're still doing two. Also, I should stress that this is all just one performance, so there it is ... a rumor. But hopefully the ball is moving on releasing more info. 

I’m curious abt the groups like who is in whose group :)!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Kelcey looked sooo good as point. I also love Claire.

I personally want Claire to get point so she can retire and find some bigger dance job. I want to follow her dance journey after DCC. But is that naive of me to think that the best dancer DCC has ever had can be something better than DCC?

(oh Jakie bob became a Rokette!!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Jakie bob became a Rokette!!

I think you're thinking of Jacie Scott.

5 hours ago, Tarode said:

Caroline is point with Kelcey in the triangle on one side. It's hard to make out who is on the other side

I could be wrong, I thought it was Jalyn?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Namaste said:

Is Victoria in Show Group? TYIA 

She was before she took a year out. The 2022/3 showgroup hasn't been announced yet. The 2021 showgroup (less the retiring members like Lexie, Gina etc) and plus Dani and Kellee are at Cowboys Training Camp, without Victoria.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think you're thinking of Jacie Scott.

I could be wrong, I thought it was Jalyn?

I thought it looked like Jayln made up the diamond! I hate it when they film from one side, I need to see the whole triangle!

• Love 5
(edited)

No hate on Caroline or Kelsey but I really wanted Ashlee at point. She’s got the pop and I think a good successor to Gina. 

Happy to see Chandi in the triangle for at least one dance 

Edited by Monique
Found Chandi lol
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, souR77 said:

someone on reddit just posted the performances

tick tick boom performance

Thunderstruck 

Sorry, not sorry, glad the favoritism they were showing Victoria is gone and she is not at Oxnard.  I think the incoming year 3, 4 & 5 vets probably make her out-of- control at times dancing more obvious.  Maybe now she can prove herself…

Please don’t take this as negative, I don’t dislike her, just want to see if she can smooth out her rough edges.  Sometimes her big dancing is a little too big.

Love the new song 🎶 

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Like 1
  • Love 7