Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: (You Drive Me) Crazy

• Start Topic

The theft of a Greek Salad ignites a massive blow up that could cost one All-Star their game. TJ's mini-Final puts partnerships to the test. One pair contemplates a savage game move. Air Date: Dec 29, 2021

Ayana's exhausting. Like Jodi said, somethings just not right with her & it's creepy. Imagine having her as coworker. Seeing Teck at the end of his rope, you know it's bad. So wish she'd have gone hone instead if Jasmine. 

They have to buy their own food???

• Love 4

That Daily looked tough, all the running, jumping, swimming.  That hole seemed pretty narrow and it was a bit of a drop.

The puzzle looked difficult, some teams were second-guessing themselves.

If it really was a taste of the Final, then long-distances, maybe with swimming involved and puzzles.

Eh the salad thing was mildly amusing.  It was probably schtick.

In the elimination, Jasmine had to keep explaining to LT that the gear colors he called out didn't fit.

I am pretty sure they have catered food at times but also they get a per diem to order food as well.  That is what Jodi was referring to. She used her per diem allotment to buy the takeout food and was apparently saving it and Ayanna just decided to eat it for...reasons?  If you look you will see other takeout boxes and stuff in some shots.

They are provided with a small amount of alcohol in the house but when they go out to a club or bar they have to pay for it themselves.  This has lead to problems in the past most notably with CT being stuck with a huge bar bill since everyone kept putting their drinks on his tab.

• Useful 1

I'm ready for this edition to wrap up. Kendal's injury and Tina quitting threw everything out of wack. Jasmine wound up staying too long, doomed her partner Laterrian, and they lost in the Arena because it exploited his greatest weakness: not getting to play Pole Wrestle.

And Ayanna continues to be exhausting. I mean, it's a different kind of exhausting from the main series, it's probably a far better exhausting . . . .but she's really bugging me.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm ready for this edition to wrap up. Kendal's injury and Tina quitting threw everything out of wack. Jasmine wound up staying too long, doomed her partner Laterrian, and they lost in the Arena because it exploited his greatest weakness: not getting to play Pole Wrestle.

And Ayanna continues to be exhausting. I mean, it's a different kind of exhausting from the main series, it's probably a far better exhausting . . . .but she's really bugging me.

Darrell had my favorite moment of the episode with his spot-on impression of LT "I just want to put my hands on someone." 

That couldn't have been a worse elimination challenge for him, did not play to his strengths at all. But honestly, those two were doomed in a final anyway. I can't feel bad for them missing their shot at $500k cause they weren't getting within a sniff of that money, there's no pole wrestle in a final.

My sympathy for what Melinda went through in a delivering a stillborn child is the only thing making me root for her and Nehemiah, otherwise, I'd find them both obnoxious. Melinda needs to stop doing that dance though, it's getting embarrassing.

Ayana's exhausting. Like Jodi said, somethings just not right with her & it's creepy. Imagine having her as coworker. Seeing Teck at the end of his rope, you know it's bad. So wish she'd have gone hone instead if Jasmine. 

Yeah, Ayanna is one of those people that can make you uncomfortable no matter what she's doing or saying. Like even when she's nice, she's just so unusual that she seems hard to relate to. She and Teck are also dead in the water in terms of this final, but I'm mildly interested in seeing just how crazy she'll get. I hope it's something entertaining along the lines of "I slept in my uniform" and less like she was in this episode, all low-key irritating with the privilege bullshit.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, AncientNewbie said:

Ayanna can be a lot, I have no doubt, but I had to laugh at her salad monologue and feisty Jazmine trying to confront her. I'm a simple mark for this show, I admit it. 

Same here. The salad monologue got me good.

• LOL 1

I think it's between MJ/Jonna and Jodi/Brad in the final (if both teams make it).  Nehemiah and Melinda are middle of the road, imo. 

Ayanna would be exhausting to be around for real, but the salad shit was hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaarious. 

Edited by Zima
  • LOL 1

I think the best part of the monlogue was "I felt a man sitting next to me" when talking about eating the greek salad.  Janelle's face is the best, because she just looks mortified throughout the entire conversation.

I don't think Jodi/Brad will win.  Just because of how Jodi really screwed up in the challenge.  The fact they made multiple trips and neither of them realized the horns had colors is pretty bad error.

• LOL 2

I never thought anything could top Johnny Backpack.

I have watched the Greek Salad clip about 20 times, my only regret is that Paramount + takes so long to rewind.   It is pure fucking improv gold, the delivery was impeccable.   MTV should give her the money and just not finish the rest of the season.  I don't need to see anything else.