Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Dr. Procter is a Daddy!

• Start Topic

Corey is a young gay man who is just getting back on his feet after being homeless. He has dreams of getting back into college and finding a serious relationship, but he needs to make huge changes if he is going to live his dreams -- or live at all.

Streamlined on Discovery+
US network original air date 2021.01.15

• Love 1

His legs look scary.  Scarier, than his shirtless torso. 

Being homeless and essentially unwanted by family is kind of sad (see what real hardship is like, Ryan?)... but he actually sounds pretty smart, surely he could have found other ways to cope than eating?  What's up with people not having any interests or hobbies besides eating?  Especially in the world of ubiquitous cheap or free internet access.

• Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

Being homeless and essentially unwanted by family is kind of sad (see what real hardship is like, Ryan?)... but he actually sounds pretty smart, surely he could have found other ways to cope than eating?  What's up with people not having any interests or hobbies besides eating?  Especially in the world of ubiquitous cheap or free internet access.

He seems very open, the type to make friends easily. Can’t he find another hobby?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m mean but I hope he doesn’t eat them on the way to the shelter 

I am sure that half a dozen giant eclairs was just for him (maybe Renee had one or half of one).  

GET THE CRUMBS OFF YOUR SHIRT, dammit!   I want to slap him upside the head for that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Found ya!

7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I am sure that half a dozen giant eclairs was just for him (maybe Renee had one or half of one).  

GET THE CRUMBS OFF YOUR SHIRT, dammit!   I want to slap him upside the head for that. 

I had the same reaction.

• Love 4

Will him having a crush on Dr. Procter help his weight loss journey or not?  Could go either way...  

664?  C'mon, should have had a couple more eclairs on your way here to give us a perfect 666! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Will him having a crush on Dr. Procter help his weight loss journey or not?  Could go either way...  

664?  C'mon, should have had a couple more eclairs on your way here to give us a perfect 666! 

A daddy!! 🤣

• LOL 2

I will not lie, I would hurt someone to get one of those eclairs.   

I really thought the episode title refered to Dr. P becoming a father, not a 'daddy'.     

I hope Corey gets with the program, and does really well, gets surgery.   Why are Corey's teeth so yellow?    Lack of dental care, or is he a smoker?   So, Corey thought he'd have 500+ for his weight, and it was 664!   

I really like his brother.  

His brothers in the picture looked older than Corey, so he might have been the only son at home when his Mom turned on him, when he came out. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, ams1001 said:

His brother'd be cute if he lost the beard.

I wonder if the facial hair is a rebellion after all the years of being clean-shaved in the military.  But I agree, that kind of beard is a huge turn-off for me (and facial hair in general... )   But kudos to him for pushing his brother to exercise... exercise will help his endurance, but I am afraid Corey thinks he can lose weight with just the exercise.  No way you can outexercise all of those eclairs... 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

He wanted to solve it on his own...so refreshing!

I get it but I guess I am weak and I would beg for a couch to sleep on until I could afford first and last on an apt. Being homeless is frightening 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3

The guy is a bit of a drama queen and it's starting to grate on me.  You don't have to turn everything in your life into an over-emoting performance.  Even if you are being filmed for a cheesy reality show.  Maybe it's better than the dead fish impersonations we often get on M600L but he is inching too far to the other end of the scale. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Talk to the food? Write it a letter?

Dr. Lola?

The guy is a bit of a drama queen and it's starting to grate on me.  You don't have to turn everything in your life into an over-emoting performance.  Even if you are being filmed for a cheesy reality show.  Maybe it's better than the dead fish impersonations we often get on M600L but he is inching too far to the other end of the scale. 

Agree, I pegged him as a theatre major the second he opened his mouth….or at least a theatre kid

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I'm still glad to see some kind of enthusiasm !

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Owning a non-profit is an excellent dream.  How about starting by volunteering at an organization working toward the same/similar goal?  That way you can start meaningfully contributing AND learn what people you want to help actually want/need instead of just going with what you think they want/need AND occupy your time with something other than eating.  It's not an 'all of nothing' type of a situation.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Is that a cold sore or did he tried to eat his lip?

My Mom always used to tease me if I had a cold sore or a cracked lip - "Meet a bad kisser, huh?" 🤪

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 2

My Mom always used to tease me if I had a cold sore or a cracked lip - "Meet a bad kisser, huh?" 🤪

I've never had a cold sore but I had chronically chapped lips every winter as a kid. Now I stock up on Neutrogena lip balm and always have one in my pocket.

What's with the dramatic music at the absolutely-not-surprising expectation that he would continue to follow the diet and lose weight when surgery was postponed?

• Love 1

So, again a non-episode?  Stood up by two TV shows in one day?  That's a new low!   At least, this one promised a return in the future.  Hope Corey doesn't turn Pandemic 15 into Pandemic 150 with his disappointment.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm really hoping Corey kept with the program, and went back much improved to see Dr. Proctor.    I'm hoping next Wednesday is part 2, but who knows.      

Looks like it is: "After Dr. Procter postponed Corey's bariatric surgery and increased his weight loss target to 25 pounds, Corey tries to stay focused on his diet; a successful blind date provides a welcome boost of confidence."

• Love 4

I kind of liked this guy; I'm interested in part 2. He's got a long way to go, though- even at 28, he's going to have a huge amount of loose skin if he does succeed in losing a lot. I did wonder about that mass of broken veins on his upper legs- can't recall seeing that on super-obese men before.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Hellga said:

Depression and food is an easy distraction from the pain.  I've been there and hobbies, etc. are just too hard.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I kind of liked this guy; I'm interested in part 2. He's got a long way to go, though- even at 28, he's going to have a huge amount of loose skin if he does succeed in losing a lot. I did wonder about that mass of broken veins on his upper legs- can't recall seeing that on super-obese men before.

Check out his Instagram. He looks amazing and seems to be applying to Law School or at least studying for his LSAT. 

• Love 4