Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Dr. Roberta Sand, Ph.D

mxc90
  • Start Topic

In the open, when Randall told the doctor "I've lost the will....... " I thought he was going to talk about watching this show after many seasons.

Mary Parrot looked like certain curent Vice President. No secret service or security around to look out for snipers for a congressman?

Cooper is complaining about the cop being on his tail, when he was the dumb ass to drive to the crime scene and park in front of the house to be seen by the cop and now be his suspect. All the angst he has now is all from his doing. All he had to do was watch the story of Doug's death on the local news like the rest of us innocent people.

Nice to see Dr. Melfie changed her name and moved on to another mobster.

Peter is upset he doesn't know Park. Oh my! What a surprise! Just how long were they together before they got married? Sounds like he proposed after the first date and had the ceremony the next day.

They couldn't find anymore stereotypical looking mobsters.

Personal day for Ressler. Nice. Please take more. Cooper states they are shorthanded yet there plenty of FBI personnel walking aimlessly in the background.

Did Liz tell Agnes: "Red was the most important person in her life" before or after she stole his money and tried to kill him numerous times?

Randall was way too confident in his bullshit outside intruder detection system that he didn't bother put one inside his house. He quickly fell for the old "here's my boot by the car door for you to shoot, while I go to the house, up the creaky stairs and sneak up behind you to put a gun to your head" trick. Works all the time.

A big F.U. to the NBC writers. This season is supposed to be Liz free. The streak was ruined with two flashbacks of her. Booooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Why is Lou sticking his neck out for Cooper? Might as well put a sign over Lou stating either "I am the real killer trying to frame Cooper" or "I am working for the killer".

Note to self: never joke to Weecha  about cutting off heads. She may do it.

Park should not know the address of the safe house? What's her clearance level? Where's the government's in house secrecy for witness protection?

Hasn't Dembe "betrayed" Red numerous times in the past and was forgiven? Now Red is beyond pissed that a note was passed to Agnes, she thinks he's Russian and he likes to hold hands. This petty atrocity is now the last straw. Dembe has saved his ass plenty of times. Hasn't that at least earned him a "get out of an assassination from Red" credit?

Maybe Agnes didn't read the letter and could have pieced the information about Red from Cooper. I am sure he came home many times drunk after Red suckered and duped him, ran to the basement, to curse and rant to the walls about Red for Anges to eavesdrop.

I don't know where the doctor found the strength to stay awake when Red was talking on the plane. I hope she told Red to put her on Gilligan's Island to never be found from anyone and him.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

So Reddington is mad at Dembe for giving the letter to Liz too soon. But he must have given it to her right before she died. So doesn't that mean Dembe actually did the right thing, anticipating that Liz was going to screw it up? Also, Dembe has always been on the side of telling Liz what the deal was and it has always been Red wanting to hold back. Well, Mr. Reddington, if you don't want her to know your secrets, maybe don't write them down and then give them to someone who thinks she deserves to know?

Other than that, a serviceable if dumb episode. I am not at all invested in the Cooper storyline. I think Aram would be a lot better for Park than her moping-ass husband. Ressler took a personal day? Good for him, he should do that more often.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

A big F.U. to the NBC writers. This season is supposed to be Liz free. The streak was ruined with two flashbacks of her. Booooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Booooo indeed.

If Eleanor Rousseau "disappeared" five years ago why would she call herself Dr. Roberta Sand, Ph. D. if she was working out of a dog-grooming truck.  As far as Blacklisters go, she made the Kings of the Highway look like criminal masterminds.  But Reddington needs a therapist -- whatever.

Oh no !! Dembe betrayed Reddington.  Can't Reddington just be done with Dembe.  It worked out so well for Lizzie -- she was "done with" Reddington so many times it was ridiculous, and nothing came of it.

Don't care about Park's home drama.  Don't care about Harold's wife's dead ex-lover drama.  It's all so much filler because there just isn't that much show.  Aram blew his inheritance from his grandparents on therapy because his parents did understand math -- did he spend all that money when he was 10 ?

Still no sign of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat or Sierra the Cat.
Though for a moment there I thought maybe the dogs would hop out of the dog grooming truck.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, preeya said:

He was in drug rehab therapy or he went for a shave and a haircut.

Maybe he went back to Detroit to finish the oil change he started 2 months ago. Customer is patiently waiting to get their car back.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 11
4 hours ago, preeya said:

He was in drug rehab therapy or he went for a shave and a haircut.

That was the first thing that went through my head when Cooper mentioned that.

Speaking of Cooper.  Don't care about his blackmail drama.  The fact that he's being blackmailed and going through this cloak and dagger makes no sense.  What would someone need from Cooper that would warrant this?  And yes, is his friend involved?  As for Cooper complaining about being a suspect, he should have thought about that before he went to an active murder investigation...

Park and her husband do have things to work out which probably should have been done before they got married.  It took an interrogation with psychiatrist for Park to figure she had issues that were interfering with her marriage.  I'm not placing good odds on that marriage working.

I did appreciate Aram bringing something to the investigation/interrogation without resorting to his usual Aramness.

Also, way to portray stereotypical mob characters.

As for Red, he's mad at Dembe for betraying him?  Really?  Like others have said, Dembe always wanted Liz to know the truth (whatever that is) and as dippy as Liz was (and hey show, enough with the Liz flashbacks) I don't think she'd tell Agnes anything about Red that would traumatize her or come back to harm her.  As for Red's issues, I don't think Dr. Sand or any other shaman or priest can help with that.  I do hope Dr. Sand and her son at least get a good island out of the deal.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

As for Red, he's mad at Dembe for betraying him?  Really?  Like others have said, Dembe always wanted Liz to know the truth (whatever that is) and as dippy as Liz was (and hey show, enough with the Liz flashbacks) I don't think she'd tell Agnes anything about Red that would traumatize her or come back to harm her. 

Yeah, Rederina, leave Dembe alone! You caused a lot of work for yourself  when you attempted to get rid of Mr. Kaplan so many years ago, and getting rid of Dembe will be harder still. Dembe is NOT the reason Lizzie is dead, you are, whether she knew you were her mommy or not. So suck it up and see if this therapist can help you get over it.

• Love 7

Dembe for best line of the night:  Aram - "Who can make a 1000 yard shot?"  Dembe - "I can."

On the other hand, Dembe, I'm pretty sure anyone can have intruder detection on their own property, and it's rather unlikely that FBI protocol is that you start shooting at the house as soon as it is tripped.  At least you have to announce yourselves first.  The black SUV doesn't count.

It sucks for all those other people who had appointments with Jazz Paws.  Maybe the 'good' doctor could arrange to meet with the writers.

22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

No secret service or security around to look out for snipers for a congressman?

I actually worked a bit with a Congressional aide on a project one time, and asked him that question.  He said that only the top leadership gets Secret Service protection, as the Speaker is in line for the Presidency.  As for other security, probably so, especially for the more controversial members, but I'll bet that has to come out of personal or party funds.

I think the disguised voice on the phone is Agnes.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think Mr. Kaplan is not dead.  She has the skill to fake fingerprints.  She framed Dembe in the past.  She is messing with everybody and wants it all to burn down, even if she burns with it.

If my spouse worked in a dangerous, secretive job….why would I want to have information that would put me at risk? 

If Cooper is really worried about being framed, he doesn’t show it.  Still very easy going…..he talks about being framed for murder like he’s ordering a latte. Lol

Red being outraged over the disclosure to Liz by Dembe…..🤣…that’s is so ridiculous.   It makes no sense.  They really are hard up for material.  I’m going to have to stop watching. It’s too annoying.  I could give them about 50 storylines better than what they have and I’m not even a paid professional in the industry.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3