Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Little Boxes

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Cassie and Jenny discover a gruesome message meant for Dietrich in their search to find Travis, leading them to fear the worst. Elsewhere, Tonya works to gain Donno’s trust and Ren’s ear, and the kids hope to stay out of sight as they tend to Creary’s injuries. Meanwhile, Cassie has an emotional breakthrough and Ronald and Scarlet work to break out on “Big Sky,”

THURSDAY, DEC. 9 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
161094_0268.jpg
161094_0556.jpg
161092_0999.jpg
161093_2052.jpg

About the only smart thing any characters in this episode did was beat the shit out of TBag or whatever the hell the creepo girl's mothers boyfriend is. 

The plotline where Tonya goes to work for her former captors makes no sense. Ren goes from just visiting to buying a run down looking ranch? And her gunman sidekick hasn't watched the SOPRANOS. Everyone who has knows that you put a body in a bathrub before you chop it up. Then again in yet another not so stunning show of realism he and Tonya are shown loading said body parts wrapped in barely wet newspaper into a trash bag. 

• Love 1

"Nothing good comes from binders."  Careful, Ren!  If Jenny and Cassie don't get you or your freshly arrived brother doesn't screw things up for you, that line alone has earned you the wrath of Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Amy Santiago!

The "chase" sequence with T-Lock and Travis/Dietrich was one of the most hilarious things I think I ever witnessed this year.  If this was a better show, it would have almost been Coen Brothers-like with the way he was bumbling around and going about it the worst way possible (and yet Travis and Dietrich still almost lost him!)

Was I actually suppose to know the deceased kid of the hobo guy that is trying to protect these teens from getting themselves killed?  In fairness, it is certainly possible I had missed it due to how many times I tend to roll my eyes anytime these four knuckleheads show up.

Tonya apparently just jumped right in over working with Ren without asking if the job description would entail killing people herself.  Come on, Tonya!  I know times are tough but maybe at least due the bare minimum of job research before accepting a position in a drug organization!

At least Scarlett finally realizes that Wolfgang and his wife can't be trusted and how now sprung Ronald so that he can find her daughter.  But judging from next week's previews, he might be taking a detour first...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Msample said:

The plotline where Tonya goes to work for her former captors makes no sense. Ren goes from just visiting to buying a run down looking ranch? And her gunman sidekick hasn't watched the SOPRANOS.

I'm not sure if that was a random comment, or you're aware (like I just learned here a couple episodes ago) that "Tonya" was "Meadow Soprano".  Either way, good point!

Then again in yet another not so stunning show of realism he and Tonya are shown loading said body parts wrapped in barely wet newspaper into a trash bag. 

Right?  And he was complaining that the bags seemed flimsy.  She got you a whole box of them, right?  Just double- or triple-bag!

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Was I actually suppose to know the deceased kid of the hobo guy that is trying to protect these teens from getting themselves killed?  In fairness, it is certainly possible I had missed it due to how many times I tend to roll my eyes anytime these four knuckleheads show up.

I don't think so.....no kid drowned on this show last season. I think it was just supposed to explain backstory that they were the same age as the guy's dead kid, and that's why he was helping them.

If he dies in their basement, those kids' parents are going to be really pissed.

• Love 3

When Tonya showed up at the ranch, who was with her?  She exited the car from the passenger side, yet no one else was shown outside the car.

This could get interesting.  Ren buys the ranch, and finds out that the Duttons are her neighbors.  Fireworks!

9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Tonya apparently just jumped right in over working with Ren without asking if the job description would entail killing people herself. 

"Hmmm.  Getting rid of bodies, making commission on a ranch sale, or working minimum wage as a waitress and getting my butt slapped by idiot customers?  Maybe Ren could do me a few favors..."

I think Scarlett is not letting Ronald in on the entire story.  She might have sprung him for her own ends.

The Marshal isn't the dumbest cop in TV history, but he's definitely in the top 5.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

When Tonya showed up at the ranch, who was with her?  She exited the car from the passenger side, yet no one else was shown outside the car.

Uber? That wouldn't be the dumbest thing on this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

This could get interesting.  Ren buys the ranch, and finds out that the Duttons are her neighbors.  Fireworks!

That would be way more interesting than anything currently being shown. And less annoying characters. 

Of course my favorite part was TTea getting his ass kicked. Downside is the undercover (Justin?) has him so he won't just kill him. That's unfortunate. And I really need Darwin's natural selection to kick him and take those kids out. Maybe not the boy. He may be okay, but two main girls? Yeah, I'm done. Do you think the writers know they are not at all likeable or just clueless?

Edited by callie lee 29
  • Love 3

The title of this episode comes from the awful song at the end?  I’m sure there’s some deep meaning to it that escapes me. 

I feel like I’m watching a 1950s  slapstick comedy.  The cartel, T-loc, the teens, now their clueless  parents. 
why doesn’t the protector want a hospital or the cops?  Has he killed anyone? Because I think he’s just following the kids?  

Wolfgang is bat shit crazy - must be the DNA, his wife is a whipped pup, and then there the two psychopaths Ronald and Scarlet. 

this only showing an episode every third week is getting old 

• Love 5

I appreciate them using the original Little Boxes, even if its not at all one of my favorite folk songs. I swear, is every character in some kind of competition as to who can make the dumbest choices? Walking into a possible murderers creepy murder barn? The chase scene? Signing up to work for the cartel without thinking about what that might actually mean? Its like the cast of this season was like "you thought the last batch of morons was bad? Wait until you get a load of us!" 

Becoming a cop has sure make Jenny smug, every time she's in the station she reeks of "I think I'm better then this."

• Love 4
22 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The title of this episode comes from the awful song at the end?  I’m sure there’s some deep meaning to it that escapes me. 

Little Boxes was the theme song for Weeds, and had some meaning to that show. But this show? Not a clue.

• Useful 1
On 12/14/2021 at 1:42 PM, mythoughtis said:

I feel like I’m watching a 1950s  slapstick comedy.  The cartel, T-loc, the teens, now their clueless  parents. 
why doesn’t the protector want a hospital or the cops?  Has he killed anyone? Because I think he’s just following the kids?  

Wolfgang is bat shit crazy - must be the DNA, his wife is a whipped pup, and then there the two psychopaths Ronald and Scarlet. 

this only showing an episode every third week is getting old 

I fell off watching this riveting trainwreck curiosity of a show and so have been bingeing since E04.  Instant gratification!

My theory is that whatever programming Scarlett had in her head was knocked out when she was bashed with the brick or whatever that was.

Edited by CrystalBlue