Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E24: Live Semi-Final Top 8 Eliminations

• Start Topic

Lana deserved to be taken out back to the alligator pit for no other reason than pairing that hat with that dress.

Actually, the hat itself would have been reason enough.  Girls in hats always annoy me, almost as much as them using their middle names instead of their last names.  

I knew Jershika was going to get the save, but I actually really wanted Jim and Sasha to stay, mostly because Rich Girl is one of my favorite songs.  It's one of those that I was just a kid when it came out, but it immediately takes me back to a specific place, time and feeling.  Also how they knew they were going home, so they just let it rip and had fun with it.  I think had they done that last night instead of that drippy, limp version of Mrs. Robinson they might have made it through outright.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I’m not wild about hats on contestants either.  I tolerated them on past winner Sawyer Fredrichs, but that’s it. 

it seemed that being in the bottom really hurt Jershica and to be there again tonight really took a toll on her, but she dug deep inside and climbed over that damned mountain.  Still, she looked emotionally wounded when she was looking towards John. I hope she is able to keep her spirits up. She has to know there’s no way she can win at this point.  She can’t get enough votes…..I’m not sure why.  She’s actually become my favorite.  

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not wild about hats on contestants either.  I tolerated them on past winner Sawyer Fredrichs, but that’s it. 

it seemed that being in the bottom really hurt Jershica and to be there again tonight really took a toll on her, but she dug deep inside and climbed over that damned mountain.  Still, she looked emotionally wounded when she was looking towards John. I hope she is able to keep her spirits up. She has to know there’s no way she can win at this point.  She can’t get enough votes…..I’m not sure why.  She’s actually become my favorite.  

YES!!! Jershica is my favorite too!!!! She has an incredible voice that just appeals to my ears. I hope John hooks her up with some opportunities after the show. I loved her performance tonight - she just completely let loose with both her vocals and emotions and also the power of the content of the song she sang. I was so worried she was going to get sent home and the dad/kid duo was going to win.  I was going to feel very disappointed if that happened, so I was just amazed when she actually got saved.  

• Love 2

I actually turned off Jershika because I will not be preached at. I loathe when these shows turn into Christian Idol. If any contestant dared to do a non-Christian worship song they would absolutely shut that down but if they get up there and scream about Jesus it's just fine.

Also hated all the country songs. How is Blake a musician when he has no musicality?

• Love 4

Wow, I was shocked Hailey made it through easy like that. I thought for sure she would need to be Saved to make it to the finale. But good for her. She, Girl Named Tom, and Wendy are my favorites left. I like Jershika, but wouldn't want her to win over any of them. *shrug* She has a bit of an advantage in the finale since John Legend's vote will be focused on one contestant, whereas Blake's and Kelly's vote will be divided.

Ariana's only chance was with Holly. It's a shame she performed terrible last week (and was dressed horribly at that). I knew both Holly and Ariana's chances were done as soon as that performance was over.

• Love 1

Jim and Sasha were kind of off key tonight so I figured there was no way they would get in.  Lana is OK but not great so, again, I thought she was a long shot.  I really thought it was going to be Joshua.  Even though he really doesn't belong on this type of competition (are there that many people who would listen to what are essentially show tunes on the radio?) he's generally really on pitch and does deliver a performance.   While Jershika will probably not get the votes (even going Christian probably won't save her) she's definitely talented and the exposure will hopefully help her career.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, DaphneCat said:

Jim and Sasha were kind of off key tonight so I figured there was no way they would get in.  Lana is OK but not great so, again, I thought she was a long shot. 

Jim and Sasha (mostly Sasha) are off key in most if not all the live shows.  Last night was one of their better performances.  I'm glad they and Lana didn't get the IS.

ETA - Jim and Sasha also do not harmonize very well in comparison to GNT.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 1

I loved Jershica’s save me song, but I didn’t realize it was religious.  Seriously, I thought it was about a person’s civil rights. I’ll have to check it out.  

Well…..I still think I’m right. Lol

break every chain lyrics

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Jim and Sasha were kind of off key tonight so I figured there was no way they would get in.  Lana is OK but not great so, again, I thought she was a long shot.

I agree about Lana, yeah she has a country tone but I didn't think she was that good of a singer. Sasha's winking and thumbs up, pointing fingers every time the camera was on him started bugging me. Once a show maybe but every time the camera is pointing at you is over doing it. If I voted they would lose my vote just because of that. 

I agree Jershica earned that save.

I'm calling the top 3 being Girl Named Tom, Wendy and Paris. None of these 3 had to sing for a save.

• Love 6

My thoughts:

Jim and Sasha: I clapped and danced when they finally got sent home. Those two were the absolute worst! Off key, whiney, father-child duo. Go back to singing solo. "So Low" we can't hear you. 

Jershika: There's no question she's a powerful and talented singer. But she also chooses songs to pander for her votes. Doing a Christian worship song was why I didn't save her. I don't want to go to church on a Tuesday evening when I just worked all day. I wish her luck in her career but I don't want her to win. Sorry Jershikans!

Joshua Vicante: He sings well. But this is the voice. Not auditions for RENT. I really expected him to admit he was gay on live TV. But I guess Sasha had the transgender ticket this season.

This show needs Simon Cowell to judge it. There's no honesty in regards to some of these artists performances.

Paris and Hailey are the best, most consistently improving artist this season.

GNT lost me when they did a folk version on a Coldplay song. Should have gone back to a song with harmonies. 

• Love 2