Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

On 4/6/2022 at 11:32 PM, TUOwl84 said:

I hope that Lisa doesn't make it back.  She was such a blender to me.  Boring.   I also got the feeling she wasn't well liked with her teammates.  I recall Ashlee rolling her eyes out in one of her stories lol.  Additionally, I rarely see her in photos with her former teammates hanging out now that she isn't on the squad, especially her rookie teammates.

Woah, I missed this! Details about this eye roll, please! I am shocked on the one hand, but I also am very curious and have always wondered what the deal with Lisa was in relation to the team. I have always wanted to know why none of the group leaders gave her a sticker rookie year. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Lisa Amanda and Kelcey at Kristin’s wedding 

D919B6C2-BF01-4FA6-8ECE-B3F621F49003.jpeg

Wait was Veruca invited to the wedding? Wasn’t she a rookie with them too? Also I’m that sister type who will never think her new husband is worthy of her but I have to get off that train now bc she married him. I hope she lives a lifetime of bliss!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Wait was Veruca invited to the wedding? Wasn’t she a rookie with them too? Also I’m that sister type who will never think her new husband is worthy of her but I have to get off that train now bc she married him. I hope she lives a lifetime of bliss!

Yes, Victoria was also part of that rookie class. I don't believe she was at Kristin's wedding...if she was, no pictures has come out with her in them yet.

31 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Yes, Victoria was also part of that rookie class. I don't believe she was at Kristin's wedding...if she was, no pictures has come out with her in them yet.

Victoria wasn’t actually not invited 

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Opine said:

Do tell, Holly!  Your double negative makes me think you know the goods!

I don’t know anything lol just she wasn’t on the guest list but neither was her rookie sister Meredith 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Emchammy said:

I wonder if the DCC’s who are no longer on the team such as Amanda etc performed thunder at the wedding?

Yes Amanda and Lisa did preform thunder last night 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Interesting how Kleine (who replaced Lily) was the only DCC as a Bridesmaid for Kristen. Good to know her social friends is not only DCC. But 11 is a big number.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Interesting how Kleine (who replaced Lily) was the only DCC as a Bridesmaid for Kristen. Good to know her social friends is not only DCC. But 11 is a big number.

Brings me back to when former dcc Emma got married she had no dcc bridesmaids 

3 hours ago, moonchild81 said:

so many dcc went to kristin's wedding is that the most who have been to one?

All of the 2021 squad went plus Lisa Amanda and savannah 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Kamal said:

It's also extra interesting considering she just met Kleine and has been on the team for years with dozens of others

• Love 12
5 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Such a great vid of Dani! She's so outgoing and sweet. 100% sure she'll make show group next season. 

I was think earlier that there will be 4 spots on SG available next year with those who are retiring. If I picked 4 people to add from the current squad it would be Dani, Elli, Lea and Megan

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

I was think earlier that there will be 4 spots on SG available next year with those who are retiring. If I picked 4 people to add from the current squad it would be Dani, Elli, Lea and Megan

I've been rooting for Ellie and Dani to make Show Group since they first auditioned and I hope year 3 is be a big DCC year for both of them. I think Ellie is a CPA, though, so I don't know if her work would allow for SG travel, group leader work, etc. I imagine but don't know for sure that some of the great DCCs' careers impact K & J's leadership choices. 

Megan was one of my absolute favorite rookies last year, and I'd love to see her make Show Group (and hopefully literally see it on a show next season!). I think KayDianna also would be a powerful contender for SG, given her powerful dancing and exuberant personality and performance style. I think those spots are truly up for grabs in the best way--now that I think about it, I think Kelli, Lea, Klein, and Jada could be serious contenders, too. Somehow, I think Amber is going to be a surprise in year two and come back much stronger.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I've been rooting for Ellie and Dani to make Show Group since they first auditioned and I hope year 3 is be a big DCC year for both of them. I think Ellie is a CPA, though, so I don't know if her work would allow for SG travel, group leader work, etc. I imagine but don't know for sure that some of the great DCCs' careers impact K & J's leadership choices. 

Megan was one of my absolute favorite rookies last year, and I'd love to see her make Show Group (and hopefully literally see it on a show next season!). I think KayDianna also would be a powerful contender for SG, given her powerful dancing and exuberant personality and performance style. I think those spots are truly up for grabs in the best way--now that I think about it, I think Kelli, Lea, Klein, and Jada could be serious contenders, too. Somehow, I think Amber is going to be a surprise in year two and come back much stronger.

Kaydianna was one of the 3 rookies on show group this past season 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I might get side-eyed for this one, but I'm not really big on all these weddings. I feel like some of these girls are getting married just for the sake of getting married (for lack of a better phrase). It's kind of like a "Keeping Up With The Joneses" type of thing to me. Don't get me wrong, Kristin is and always has been one of my favorites. I think she's the sweetest girl since Kelli Q. and really deserves to be happy. I'm just with @TB12 on the fact that her guy is definitely not good enough for her, but I feel the same about many of their choices. IDK, I feel like the sheer number of engagements and marriages, etc. even over just the past year is a little much. I know it's not my business, just an observation. As long as they're happy, though.

As a 26-year-old woman...I totally agree, especially regarding the younger ones. Aren't Jensen and Kleine engaged at, like, 21? Come on. I thought I wanted to get married to the boyfriend I had at 23, and it all seems so silly now lmao. We're still together, but I'm glad I didn't jump the gun. It's just so young. So much can change. This isn't, like, real life? Right now they're young, they're hot, and their job is being a cheerleader. You have, like, no real responsibilities...it's just like playing house, playing adult...they're basically still kids.

With Kristin, it makes a little more sense—I think she's 28. But I don't think her guy is good enough for her, either lol :/ 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

As a 26-year-old woman...I totally agree, especially regarding the younger ones. Aren't Jensen and Kleine engaged at, like, 21? Come on. I thought I wanted to get married to the boyfriend I had at 23, and it all seems so silly now lmao. We're still together, but I'm glad I didn't jump the gun. It's just so young. So much can change. This isn't, like, real life? Right now they're young, they're hot, and their job is being a cheerleader. You have, like, no real responsibilities...it's just like playing house, playing adult...they're basically still kids.

With Kristin, it makes a little more sense—I think she's 28. But I don't think her guy is good enough for her, either lol :/ 

Your response is spot on about them playing adults, spot on. I can't help but think all these guys are just putting a ring on their Hot DCC girlfriends. I'm sure they do adore their ladies but perhaps fear of losing them is part of the motivation. Was it Kleine's bf who proposed during Meet the Team last year? That really pissed me off, its her night let her have it you tool..

And It's nice to know i'm not alone in my thinking about Kristin's now husband. Something just doesn't sit right with me about him. Or a lot of their men choices. I think they're so caught up in the notion of getting married that they're just settling. But who am I to judge. I'm just looking at them like if they were my friends/sisters I would want better for them...  

Brennan just got engaged to Grant. At least his was not a big show and was in their backyard with just the dog. That I can get down with!

• Love 17
7 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Ummm...  keep in mind, VK is coming back, probably stronger than ever.  Or least Kelli will be pulling for her even more than before, if she wants to stay in mama Kalinas good graces!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

Dani has been a favorite of mine since her rookie audition. I sure hope she makes SG next year. I would also love to see Lea and Megan on SG as well.

Another point for consideration is that they took 18 for showgroup this year. Most recent years it has been 16. If they go with 18 again then there will be more slots but if they return to 16 it may be hard on some talented dancers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

Dani has been a favorite of mine since her rookie audition. I sure hope she makes SG next year. I would also love to see Lea and Megan on SG as well.

I've always had soft spot for Dani as well. She's so freaking adorable. If Rachel W is the "Barbie" of the team, then Dani is Barbie's little sister, "Skipper". She seems so loved by the team as well. I'd love to see Dani on SG but I fear she isn't technically strong enough and will get out danced, but I'm pulling for her this year. 

I see no reason Lea shouldn't make SG this year. She should of made it last year. Still makes no sense to me why she didn't. I feel if there wasn't this question mark around her because of her looks, she might have. I'm just glad TPTB decided to not make a whole storyline around her look like they did to other TCCs previous seasons. There are a few girls  (Chandler S9 / Colby S10) that l hope are doing ok after appearing in MTT till this day. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I'd love to see Dani on SG but I fear she isn't technically strong enough and will get out danced, but I'm pulling for her this year. 

No shade here but if Kat can make show group with her technique I see absolutely zero reason Dani couldn’t 

• Love 23
41 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

No shade here but if Kat can make show group with her technique I see absolutely zero reason Dani couldn’t 

Was about to post the same thing…

• Love 5
On 4/10/2022 at 10:34 AM, vanillagum said:

And the fact that they all live together. From kleine’s last reels, Lea, Megan, Kleine, and Kleine’s boyfriend all live in last years TCC Kylie’s house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I'd love to see Dani on SG but I fear she isn't technically strong enough and will get out danced, but I'm pulling for her this year. 

2 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

Since show group isn't really about "shows" (USO, etc.) with a variety of performances anymore, but more appearances and doing their field routines when they do dance, anyone talented enough dance-wise to be on the team, should be talented enough to make show group (based on skills). They need to start basing their selections for show group more from interviews and media training day than the actual show group auditions.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, hannahbanana said:

Since show group isn't really about "shows" (USO, etc.) with a variety of performances anymore, but more appearances and doing their field routines when they do dance, anyone talented enough dance-wise to be on the team, should be talented enough to make show group (based on skills). They need to start basing their selections for show group more from interviews and media training day than the actual show group auditions.

100%. Show group demands have completely changed now. I love to see it full of technical dancers but when do they really get to use those skills?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, souR77 said:

And the fact that they all live together. From kleine’s last reels, Lea, Megan, Kleine, and Kleine’s boyfriend all live in last years TCC Kylie’s house.

Does Kleine's boyfriend actually live there or was he just visiting?

On 4/9/2022 at 11:42 AM, Holly85 said:

I don’t know anything lol just she wasn’t on the guest list but neither was her rookie sister Meredith 

Are you sure Victoria wasn’t there, because someone said she was in the Thunderstruck dance and it sure looked like her on one of the TikToks I saw. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdxoH58j/

Check out the left side, near the back of the triangle.  I think that’s her. It’s hard to tell.

12 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Are you sure Victoria wasn’t there, because someone said she was in the Thunderstruck dance and it sure looked like her on one of the TikToks I saw. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdxoH58j/

Check out the left side, near the back of the triangle.  I think that’s her. It’s hard to tell.

Never mind, saw another angle and it wasn’t her. 

8 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Never mind, saw another angle and it wasn’t her. 

2021 squad along with Amanda Lisa and savannah 

50DEA099-F40F-44D4-83CB-E406F224BDC1.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 4/9/2022 at 10:13 AM, Opine said:

Do tell, Holly!  Your double negative makes me think you know the goods!

If you go to the knot for Kristin’s wedding just click on the guest list..it shows VK wasn’t on the list. Meredith wasn’t either.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Isolabella said:

Why is Marissa the only one wearing pink? Did she not get the memo?! 😳 I'm uncomfy.

She isn’t the only one wearing a diffrent color couple of them wear sparkly silver savannah wore green one wore gold 

4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She isn’t the only one wearing a diffrent color couple of them wear sparkly silver savannah wore green one wore gold 

Yeah, it seems like it was a black and silver dress code, sort of Great Gatsby vibes based on what I saw all the other cheerleaders wearing.

How many dancing Show Group appearances did Kat do versus speaking appearances?  She's a decent enough dancer, not your typical SG technical, of course, but she really shines on camera.  She's also well spoken, beautiful, and seems like she can have a good chat with a bug.  She's extra, but extra in a way that's awesome for a tv show and tv appearances.

I get why she's on SG, I really do.  As sweet as Maddie is, she was freaking point, and was just a standard DCC dancer and not great on camera.  I still don't know how that happened.  Rock star with the kid's camps, though.  Rachel W is gorgeous, solid dancer, but isn't as outgoing conversationally.  They all have their gifts, you know?  It makes sense to me to have a handful of people like Kat on SG.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

They all have their gifts, you know?  It makes sense to me to have a handful of people like Kat on SG.

Until Kelli’s less technical dancer pet projects became glaringly obvious all she did was jam down our throats how supremely talented & skilled one had to be to make show group. So forgive me for not jumping for joy when someone like Veruca or Kat make it… 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

They all have their gifts, you know?  It makes sense to me to have a handful of people like Kat on SG.

2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Until Kelli’s less technical dancer pet projects became glaringly obvious all she did was jam down our throats how supremely talented & skilled one had to be to make show group. So forgive me for not jumping for joy when someone like Veruca or Kat make it… 

Exactly, as far as appearances go, Kat seems to be a great choice (I say "seems" because there have been times when she seems a little questionable/over the top). It makes sense to have a well-rounded show group so you can send whoever fits the criteria best for each appearance.

It's TPTB sticking to the party line that show group is the best of the best dancers while selecting those that are not the best dancers that is the problem. Admit you need more than the best dancers for show group (good speakers, good with kids, great for photo ops, etc.) and be honest (or at least justify -- other then being Kelli's pet 😉) why certain people are selected for show group -- their good speakers, their good with kids, whatever -- just stop trying to convince us that you're selecting the best of the best dancers when you're clearly not.

• Love 6

Veruca’s first season audition is on Pluto now. This is the first time I’ve seen this season on Pluto it’s quite refreshing & as annoying as I remember. 

Edited by TB12
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
On 4/12/2022 at 9:08 PM, hannahbanana said:

Exactly, as far as appearances go, Kat seems to be a great choice (I say "seems" because there have been times when she seems a little questionable/over the top). It makes sense to have a well-rounded show group so you can send whoever fits the criteria best for each appearance.

It's TPTB sticking to the party line that show group is the best of the best dancers while selecting those that are not the best dancers that is the problem. Admit you need more than the best dancers for show group (good speakers, good with kids, great for photo ops, etc.) and be honest (or at least justify -- other then being Kelli's pet 😉) why certain people are selected for show group -- their good speakers, their good with kids, whatever -- just stop trying to convince us that you're selecting the best of the best dancers when you're clearly not.

I haven't re-watched the past couple of seasons like I have the earlier ones, but IIRC, they've started to adapt the wording they use to be more in line with what you're saying.  Like it's still the best of the best dancers, as it should be, but they also have been talking about television appearances, etc.  So you'd likely have say 12 that are dance focused and then a handful of ambassador types that can hang in the dance if need be but they're there for other reasons like game show appearances, eye candy, interviews, etc.  Some are great at both, like Lexie, and others shine brighter in one or the other.

I'm with y'all on VK...she's not a strong enough dancer nor does she have the charm of a Savannah or Kat to be on SG.  BUT she's also one of the best known from a social media follower situation (top five for followers of the recent squads, if not the top,) so that's probably one "pro" on her side.  But truly, other than being relatively flashy with her long legs and blonde hair, it's a meh for me.

• Love 6