Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Group A Semi-Final

• Start Topic

I'm pretty much convinced now that the order of unmasking is prearranged. This show 'pretends' to be a competition show, but there are no real prizes other than fame basically. It's a chance for stars to do something different and have fun (which is perfectly fine). That said, I also believe the judges honestly do not know who the singers are; though they are obviously fed some possible guesses ahead of time to spur discussion. 

Anyways, I'm glad we had an example of what the "Take it off" button would do and that they are NOT revealed if the guess is wrong. I was worried with what was said, that a wrong guess would still be revealed. Sadly, next week we'll probably have one of the singes revealed by the Take it Off button to show it working for a change. 

Jester was obviously going out this round, but he clearly had a lot of fun with it. 

Of the other three, I was sure Bull was sticking around, and Skunk was pretty certain to stay, leaving Pepper the odd one out, but damn that was a tough choice.

Bull feels like he's a younger singer, not a boy bander, but someone who is active. He reminds me a lot of Yeti with how active he is on the stage. 

Skunk is an older singer; she's much less mobile and moves more methodically; but damn she can sing. 

• Love 1

Hate that pepper is gone. I have no clue who the Sex Pistols are, much less the members of the group/band?

Guessed Beddingfield. What do I win? I think the train clue was because the tik tok viral videos of Unwritten were made popular dancing in places like Union Station. Any train stations.

Faith Evans for Skunk, and Todrick Hall (whom I also don't know) as Bull. I hate that we never get all the singers is one night. It's a terrible format.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Taeolas said:

Anyways, I'm glad we had an example of what the "Take it off" button would do and that they are NOT revealed if the guess is wrong. I was worried with what was said, that a wrong guess would still be revealed. Sadly, next week we'll probably have one of the singes revealed by the Take it Off button to show it working for a change.

I admit I don’t pay close attention to this show, but I THOUGHT that the button was a one-and-done- right or wrong. I thought now that Ken used it, it was no longer useable? 

There's no way the results are not pre-planned. I really think the singers only agree to a certain length of time on the Shaw, and that’s what determines when they get voted off.  That’s the ONLY way to explain amazing singers getting kicked off when mediocre or even terrible singers stay on. 

Bull is by far the worst singer of that group. In a REAL competition he would’ve been voted off before Chili Pepper. 

• Love 1

I understood the unmask button was one time use as well so I think it's done for the season.  

I think a lot of the performers only agree to be on an set number of episodes.  As the show wears on, I think they're getting more people who will only commit to one or two episodes at most and even with that they're still having to recruit gimmicks like Kermit and Honey Boo Boo to flesh out the ranks.   That's why the wildcards are growing season after season, because they can't eliminate 60% on the cast after the first episode.  This show really needs to go to a once-a-year special format because they're draining their talent pool faster than a golddigger drains an old man's bank account.

After her first performance, I thought Skunk was Mary J. Blige.  Then I moved off of that but after this week I'm back to MJB.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Rickster said:

I would have sworn when they introduced the unmask buzzer in the first show, they said the contestant would immediately be unmasked, not just say “no that’s not right”.

That's what I thought I heard as well, and may have been how they promoted it originally, but then they had some second thoughts and decided the fake out would be more DRAH-MA worthy. 

The One use per Group was always there from the beginning at least. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Hate that pepper is gone. I have no clue who the Sex Pistols are, much less the members of the group/band?

This comment just made me feel like the old punk I am. lol The Sex Pistols were basically mainstream America's, and my, introduction to punk rock in the 70s. Johnny Rotten is known for being unapologetically rude, brash, and difficult to work with. He's been kicked off at least one talk show, and walked out of uncounted interviews. I would never have guessed this epitome of punk would do this show, which I guess was the point. After he was unmasked, and after I recovered from my shock, I was waiting for a string of expletives and disses of all the panel and Nick, but he was uncharacteristically calm and gracious. I'm glad he had fun with it, and I truly hope his wife was entertained. Alzheimer's sucks.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

This comment just made me feel like the old punk I am.

Don't feel old. I usually know a lot of musicians from the 60's - 80's, but only the ones my parents liked (think Motown to New Edition). Very little rock music was played. I like that he stuck to his punk roots and played a bad seed on the show too!

• Love 1
On 11/11/2021 at 3:42 PM, BoogieBurns said:

Guessed Beddingfield. What do I win? I think the train clue was because the tik tok viral videos of Unwritten were made popular dancing in places like Union Station. Any train stations.

Faith Evans for Skunk, and Todrick Hall (whom I also don't know) as Bull. I hate that we never get all the singers is one night. It's a terrible format.

I previously guessed Todrick and Natasha.  But I'm not good with clues just voices.  The only reason why I think Faith Evans is correct is because both Robin and Nicole guessed her.  Nicole especially goes by the contestant's voice.

I've heard of the Sex Pistols but I wouldn't be able to tell you what they sang or who the members were.  However, even now, I might know a song and don't know who sings it.

• Love 1

And the funny thing is, John Lydon hasn’t used that stage name in years, professionally or personally. But calling him Rotten ensures a glimmer of recognition, while “It’s John Lydon!” would be a true WTF.

(Kids these days…the Beatles are unavoidable, so they know who they are. It’s Wings they don’t know from!)

• Love 1