Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiance: Love In Paradise Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Add Asia, The Cult, The Clash, Wham, Tears for Fears, The Police, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, etc. etc.

I didn’t get into The Smiths.

Thoroughly cosign this. I loved "Ghost in the Machine", still one of my favorites. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, judylo said:

I was a punk rock chick at CBGBs in the late 70s (after being a Lou Reed and Velvet Underground fanatic since college) and pretty much continued that life into the early 80s. Plus Max’s, Danceteria, Mudd Club, Hurrah, Tier 3, Irving Plaza, the Ritz … in 1983 I broke up with my rich British new wave journalist boyfriend. (To date, our nearly 3 years together was my longest relationship! And he was my first real boyfriend. I’m 68 now. Something went terribly wrong …) I was also a fiction writer in 1983 and my book of short stories was published in 1986. Of course, I also had jobs … editorial, proofreading …

Ooh…sounds like an interesting boyfriend. Hope he wasn’t the Pred type.

4 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I was a little kid in 1983 and loooved Duran Duran and The Eurythmics.  Oh, and Madonna.  And Cyndi Lauper. Mostly Duran Duran, though.  I think this was the first year I was really aware of Mtv and The Radio (I was 7) and how much I enjoyed listening to all the artists.

The other big music mechanisms were Casey Kasem’s American Top 40 and Friday Night Videos. Seems like your sweet dreams really were made of this after all.

• Love 1

Welp, this was a shitshow, but even better than last night’s with the reminiscing on 1983! It was super fun to do this with you all. I hope to see you once again for the final episode of the grueling slog on Pred. I NEED the new folks to dawn on us already! See you guys around the forums and enjoy your week. Peace out. ✌️ 

6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ohhh I forgot about Duran Duran. I loved them too…and Cyndi Lauper and her odd manager guy ( totally forget his name) ….and The Eurythmics

Dave Wolff was his name. He was a huge fan of wrestling and that’s why Captain Lou Albano is in the iconic Girls Just Wanna Have Fun video.

6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Add Asia, The Cult, The Clash, Wham, Tears for Fears, The Police, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, etc. etc.

I didn’t get into The Smiths.

My daughter says she admires Tears for Fears’ “Change”. She thinks it is very underrated. As for The Police, I was listening to Wrapped Around Your Finger minutes before logging on to prepare for the nothingness that is Frankie…

7 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I am a late-comer to the shrine of ERASURE... Love them.

My daughter is OBSESSED with Erasure. She has a knack for “Oh L’Amour”.

6 minutes ago, judylo said:

I’ve certainly been thinking about it! Some “groupie” escapades too (of the punk, new wave/post punk variety, no stadium hair band types!).

Siouxsie and the Banshees is another great one. “Dear Prudence” is one of the best songs of 1983.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Back. What was I thinking when I got a dog in the winter? Boots (with ice grippers), scarf, hat, gloves, down coat. Walk down the driveway about fifteen feet, then turn around and come back in the house and take it all off again.

If he's only going out for that short of a time, just the coat might be enough. Grippy boots if it's icy so he doesn't slip and throw out his back. 😜

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Aryanna shows a glimmer of self awareness "Sherlon wants to get me off his back". Hee.

I dunno... she totally missed the red-flag clue that she even brought up. "Ever since I told Sherlon I was pregnant he started acting differently and distant" (or some such).

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

So, we're all suppose to believe the BD Johan took one look at dumpy little weirdo Daniele and knew that she was the woman he was going to marry?

Love works in mysterious ways. He could b facing pressure from his family and she was his most viable option. Wonder why these women don’t ask the tough questions of why is this guy so head over heels for me, if they think I have money, or what.

• Like 3
On 1/17/2023 at 2:57 PM, Frozendiva said:

Love works in mysterious ways. He could b facing pressure from his family and she was his most viable option. Wonder why these women don’t ask the tough questions of why is this guy so head over heels for me, if they think I have money, or what.

They are incapable of that level of critical thinking. It would be the first question most of us would ask ourselves. 

I think it was you, @Frozendiva who asked how my dog is doing. Happy to report that she’s totally won me over. She’s been really good for my physical and mental health. Still some tweaking to do and sorting things out, but overall, 🥰

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1

I must give Danielle credit: she looked lovely and age appropriate in her wedding attire. I also am quite jealous of her ability to get her thoughts across in Spanish. I can understand everything she says with my basic knowledge, so I should be able to speak it better. Probably it's because she speaks at a nice slow, clear pace and doesn't worry too much about verb tenses. She seems to always speak in the Now...not past or future so there's no conjugation (?) involved which always makes me tongue-tied.

• Like 1

Last month, the ceiling of my enclosed porch collapsed. Fortunately, it's porch. I waited a month for the contractor to come finish pulling it down so that it can be rebuilt...and his truck died today. I so need this snark tonight. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Last month, the ceiling of my enclosed porch collapsed. Fortunately, it's porch. I waited a month for the contractor to come finish pulling it down so that it can be rebuilt...and his truck died today. I so need this snark tonight. 

You are cursed.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1