Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: A Square Peg in a Round Hole

DanaK
  • Start Topic

11/03/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Crockett helps Dr. Blake replace a patient's liver. Vanessa tries to prove herself. Will continues to pursue the truth about Cooper. Ethan gets closer to returning to life in the E.D.

Why on earth would Stevie confess to her mother that she was the one who had the van towed?  Did she think that just because her mom did a few dishes she would be like 'That's okay. You were just doing it for my own good.'  Does she even know her mother at all?  

I like that Dr. Abrams, although very opinionated and sure about his diagnoses, has been shown to actually be willing to listen to another doctor who has an alternate plan.  No screaming or threatening to report them to the chief/board/etc. 

Speaking of doctors I like, where has Dr. Latham been lately?

Edited by BooksRule
added a little bit
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, preeya said:

It was almost a really good episode until the last 90 seconds.

The confession/shouting match between Stevie and her mother was not necessary. (Bad call writers.)

No kidding. Her mother is clearly mentally ill so confessing about having the van towed was obviously going to set her off. 🤦‍♀️ 
Loved having Dr. Abrams back. I love his deadpan delivery. 
I think the transplant doctor is as interested in Crockett as her daughter is. Can’t blame them! 😍  

I’m glad Dr. Archer wasn’t shown to be upset about Ethan being back.  
Another late onset form of a terrible genetic disorder? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I think the transplant doctor is as interested in Crockett as her daughter is. Can’t blame them! 😍  

I'm sensing the signs of a mother-Crockett-daughter love triangle in motion. Not mad about it.

• Love 4

I thought Dr. Archer was controlling the dummy patient so that Dr. Choi would continue to fail, and Archer could stay in charge. Then when Choi worked on an actual patient he did fine.

Did I entirely misread the situation?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I thought Dr. Archer was controlling the dummy patient so that Dr. Choi would continue to fail, and Archer could stay in charge. Then when Choi worked on an actual patient he did fine.

No, I thought the same thing. Archer cannot be trusted. When Choi gets his clearance and is once again in charge of the ER, the proverbial poop will hit the fan (once again).

• Love 4
11 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Oh, I didn’t see that. I was distracted, as usual, by one of my cats during that scene. That makes sense. I was surprised and pleased that Archer seemed fine with Choi being back. Glad you posted about that scene.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2021 at 11:09 PM, mommalib said:

I'm already tired of Stevie's mother drama. Maybe I'm reading too much into this but does anybody think Stevie and Dylan are going to get together.

Dylans the new guy? I could see it OR given the previous history with Halstead she gets with him down the line 

On 11/4/2021 at 12:40 AM, LittleIggy said:

No kidding. Her mother is clearly mentally ill so confessing about having the van towed was obviously going to set her off. 🤦‍♀️ 
Loved having Dr. Abrams back. I love his deadpan delivery. 

I’m glad Dr. Archer wasn’t shown to be upset about Ethan being back.  
Another late onset form of a terrible genetic disorder? 

I literally said to my dad " oh God they're gonna have Mom and Daughter both into Crockett, I guess" which oh God is gross.

17 hours ago, janeyjay said:

I'm sensing the signs of a mother-Crockett-daughter love triangle in motion. Not mad about it.

I am. Its gross.

• Love 1
On 11/5/2021 at 5:06 AM, Josh371982 said:
On 11/4/2021 at 11:18 AM, janeyjay said:

I am. Its gross.

I’ll be into this if they play it as Crockett and daughter are interested in each other/mother is interested in Crockett/Crockett doesn’t realize it. That dynamic could be really fascinating, especially considering Crockett seems to be interested in pursuing mother’s field. As long as it doesn’t turn into mother being unhealthily obsessed with Crockett, à la the abysmal Connor/Ava storyline, which I still despise with the heat of 1,000 suns.

(Writing this before watching episode 8, so forgive me if this is already being addressed somehow.)

• Love 1

I, too, thought it was stupid to confess the van towing right then. No reason to. She could have confessed down the road assuming mom really got more stable. Or not. I thought she was going to respond to the clean up with "you know, Mom, I'm going to go ahead and get your van back tomorrow" instead of slow walking it. Not confess.

• Love 4