Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E02 Heart of Queens

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

While Brianna deals with the shattering truths of her marriage, Jill risks losing the safe community she has built for herself when she decides it is time to stop living a lie and comes clean about who she really is. Meanwhile, after a fateful meeting with Cam’ron, Naomi struggles with finally putting herself first.

Original Air Date: October 26, 2021

“Heart of Queens” – While Brianna deals with the shattering truths of her marriage, Jill risks losing the safe community she has built for herself when she decides it is time to stop living a lie and comes clean about who she really is. Meanwhile, after a fateful meeting with Cam’ron, Naomi struggles with finally putting herself first on an all-new “Queens,” TUESDAY, OCT. 26 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

Guest starring is Cam’ron as himself.

160179_1061.jpg

160180_1820.jpg

160337_1949.jpg

1 hour ago, memememe76 said:

The second episode was very good, only the Wrecking Ball part took me out. 

Yes, are we doing fantasy type sequences/music videos now?  It did seem to be the odd man out portion of the show.

I get Naomi wanting to do her own thing but she's had how many years to try and do this?  Granted, she didn't seem all that crazy about doing it in the first place but it took her daughter pushing her to do it.  And what was the daughter's reasoning?  If mom is a successful solo artist she can do what be more of a mother to her, open doors?  Being a successful songwriter is nothing to sneeze at.

Jill's story was a little weird as well especially the husband.  Two things will possibly happen, I don't see him dealing with this well AT ALL or TPTB will drop it and move on ASAP.  As for her church, my understanding is that in Catholic churches, LGBTQI folks aren't allowed to take communion.  Go to church, sure, but communion is frowned upon.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, memememe76 said:

The second episode was very good, only the Wrecking Ball part took me out. 

Yeah, Brandy is so talented and that Wrecking Ball sequence did not do her talent justice.  Her character talks about how she wants to write/sing folk music.  So why was she trying to imitate Miley Cyrus?  A folksy version of Wrecking Ball with Brandy's beautiful voice would have been perfect.  The show definitely dropped the ball on that one (pun 100% intended).

• Love 4

This is fun.  A little rough, but I expect it to smooth out once it finds its footing, but overall I am enjoying it.  The Faux Nikki Minaj rapper is funny.  But I am also enjoying the relationship she is building with Jill.  Brandy  of course has always been a star but I find her so compelling in this.  But her daughter is working my nerve.

Ugh.  Can't stand Valeria. I can't buy them not being quite her friend in 1991 to being 'my girl -- all is forgiven' 20 years later. 

Enjoying the music the show is using.  It really is working well with the 90s vibe of the throwback scenes.  I was about floored when I heard  The Percolator in the background.  Really not that great of a song, tbh, but man it was a club hit in the 90s when I was in school.  LOL.

• Love 4

I'm really liking this show so far. With the exception of the weird Naomi/Wrecking Ball bit, it was really solid. I love Jill and the baby rapper--her character could be so clichéd, but the actress does a great job making her funny but human. I loved her falling off of Brianna's roof in a teddy bear coat. 

I don't know what to think of Brianna's husband and his brain tumor/short term memory loss. But I loved learning Brianna was a tough chick who also graduated from an Ivy League college. She has so many layers and Eve is doing a great job.

I'll be interested to see how Valeria became one of the girls because I wouldn't have trusted Butter Pecan as far as I could throw her.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Brandy  of course has always been a star but I find her so compelling in this.

Me too. Her voice and her acting are both great here. (The battle between her and Eve next episode looks fantastic.)

21 hours ago, emma675 said:

I'll be interested to see how Valeria became one of the girls because I wouldn't have trusted Butter Pecan as far as I could throw her.

Me too, particularly after she screwed them on the deal (thought they didn't read the contract?! No lawyers??).

• Love 3
On 10/27/2021 at 9:12 PM, DearEvette said:

Enjoying the music the show is using.  It really is working well with the 90s vibe of the throwback scenes.  I was about floored when I heard  The Percolator in the background.  Really not that great of a song, tbh, but man it was a club hit in the 90s when I was in school.  LOL.

Two things, 1. The Percolator was a great song back in the day, lol. But 2. I am pretty sure they were playing City Girls song "Twerkulator", which, of course, samples the Percolator.

• Love 1

I didn't really enjoy the music from this episode and the jumping back and forth through time didn't make the show any easier to comprehend. I still don't have any idea why they broke up in San Diego and did Xplicit Lyrics get pregnant on that day?

I am guessing someone got shot in the beginning of the episode. Anyone want to make a list of who the shooter could be? I am guessing for now, it might be Jill's husband, but I imagine they will introduce a couple of more disgruntled people who might want to bust a cap in their Nasty Bitch Asses. Then show who got shot as the Season Finale.

• Love 1

“The glamory, of polyamory….” Omg I am dying laughing. Darren seems sweet. I’m sorry he got hurt. (Still watching the episode)

I love that each lady is three dimensional and complex. I’m surprised to learn that Eric did want to be with Naomi, and she was the one that wasn’t all in. I’m assuming that Cam is Jojo’s father. 

Ummm these were adult women, not kids or teens- how did they not read their contracts????

On 11/2/2021 at 6:23 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Ummm these were adult women, not kids or teens- how did they not read their contracts????

If they are all 40-42 now, they were in 18-20 in 1999. Maybe a year or two younger when they signed their contract.

• Love 1