Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Welcome to Rachella

• Start Topic

Schwartz tries to regain his confidence at Lala and Randall's pickleball tournament. Sandoval and James surprise the group with an elaborate music festival at Coachella, but James saves the biggest surprise for Raquel.

Once again, I found my attention wandering...

• Randall won the tournament. Big shocker. Have I been in quarantine for too long and missed pickleball becoming a thing? It's not new to me because the place my personal trainer works has been selling pickleball sets for several years, but that's really the only place I ever heard of it before.
  • I never heard of playing Jenga with homework assignments on the blocks before now either. It seems like overkill to me.
  • Raquel is forced to make a toast and has a melt down. I'd say more but I'd feel bad for doing it.
  • Raquel is testing me by wearing that Strawberry Shortcake outfit in her talking head segment, dammit.
  • Lala and Schemer have a babies' playdate where we learn some flag-raising things about him: he divorced his wife five years ago and hasn't seen his other children for four years since moving to America to make more money for them.
  • Karen convinces Shwartz to confront Flat Iron Tom about him steamrolling him but gets steamrolled again.
  • I've said it before. FI Tom needs to consider becoming a party planner. He's got a talent and a passion for it.
Edited by Gharlane
Formatting
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I think I still watch this show for the editing. Scheana claims that she’s been planning to name her daughter Summer since Scheana was sixteen years old, and then the editors give us the clip of her telling everyone what Rob and she are going to name their daughter. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Marley said:

Brock’s other daughter is named Winter? And he named his new daughter Summer? Yikes. That’s pretty bad lol.

I floved when they showed the clip of Schemer talking about what she going to name her future daughter a couple seasons ago, but I was sure there were other names, too.  I am sure it's no coincidence.

9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Brock HATES Scheana’s mom.

BWAH! Her father does too, I think he said.

BTW, what was Brock doing with that baby? It looked like he was holding her up by the head! 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The entire time James was comforting Raquel and trying to convince her that she’s not an idiot, I thought, “If he were not planning to propose marriage to her in the next couple of days, this would not be happening.”

I kinda think Raquel is just a normal person ( I can’t imagine I’d come off very good on TV either. LOL) and I think she has a good heart.  

I might change my mind next week;  I usually do!!!

Edited by teapot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think I still watch this show for the editing. Scheana claims that she’s been planning to name her daughter Summer since Scheana was sixteen years old, and then the editors give us the clip of her telling everyone what Rob and she are going to name their daughter. 

Every guy she dates is THE ONE.  No, really.  He's THE ONE.  She's said it so many times before, but he really is THE ONE!!  He really really reallyreallyreally is THE ONE, YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

Katie, Jesus Holy Christ, I don't follow tweets, but is she responding to these episodes in real time?  Is she blaming the edit?  She has been a parody stereotype of a shrewish harpy this whole season, egads.  It is painful to watch her and Schwartz together, and I don't need to know about their idiot joyless sex life next week either. 

Katie's new "Karen haircut" doesn't help her fishwife image.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Did all the Bravo execs get together and decide that playing pickleball was going to be the newest activity on their shows???

Seriously! It's been featured prominently on every single Bravo show I've watched the past few weeks! I'm wondering what the angle is - it's like when everyone was constantly filmed ordering Casa Miga at bars and restaurants on all the Bravo shows.

The "Coachella" party set up looked a bit sad with only about eight people partying.

It's been said before by many others, but Katie always looks half asleep or like she just woke up.

I have a soft spot for Raquel - I can't help it. She may not be an intellectual giant, but she seems like a genuinely kind person, and on-the-spot public speaking is a common severe fear for a lot of people. I thought her dress at the engagement looked gorgeous on her, and the fireworks were nice. It's just too bad she's hitching herself to DJ Muppet.

So, Dollar Store Aquaman really IS a deadbeat Dad. Yikes. I don't know much about Scheana's background or family, but her Mom seems like kind of a nightmare, and the dynamic between her and the  inattentive husband is  already bad.  I can't even with the naming situation for the kid. Yeah, that's going to end well.

• Love 12

The first time I’ve ever agreed with Lala was her shocked reaction to Brock not seeing Winter and the one whose name he probably doesn’t remember for 4 years. That is beyond f’ed up that he “replaced” his daughter with another season name. And I was also yelling at my TV that she was going on and on about Madison Marie with Rob, so thank you, show, for replaying the clip! At that time she told us she’s wanted a Madison Marie since she was a kid!

James’s proposal was very sweet. Tom is really a great friend, and he goes above and beyond to plan perfect moments for them. I’m somewhat concerned that there was a Heineken beer can on the lower shelf of James’s DJ booth, which was shown when he was bending down to get the ring. Sneaking alcohol?

ETA: Brock and Scheana’s story also doesn’t make any sense. How does the ex-wife all at once keep him from FaceTiming his kids, yet also contact them about their newborn baby with a season’s name and harangue you for “replacing” your firstborn?! You either are estranged from her by her choice OR she knows what’s happening in your life and complaining about you not seeing your kids. Which is it?

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Cheezwiz said:

but she seems like a genuinely kind person

I think she is.  She comes off as genuinely hurt when raging bitch Lala comes after her.

And speaking of Lala - Lady, you were blowing a married man three years ago for cars, clothes and rides in a rented personal plane .  While there are plenty of people who have the moral high ground to judge Brock's relationship with his children, YOU aren't one of them.  

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I think she is.  She comes off as genuinely hurt when raging bitch Lala comes after her.

And speaking of Lala - Lady, you were blowing a married man three years ago for cars, clothes and rides in a rented personal plane .  While there are plenty of people who have the moral high ground to judge Brock's relationship with his children, YOU aren't one of them.  

Yeah, Scheana did the same thing when she was married to Shay.  Bitch, you went on national television and revealed all about your very long affair with a married man, but you think you have the right to lecture someone on being faithful?  Not a fan, but I will always be on Brandy's side when it comes to LeAnn Rimes and Scheana.  If it weren't for them (and Eddie Cibrian's infidelity), we probably would've never heard of Brandy, because Brandy was happy being a stay-at-home mother and wife.

Scheana is very close to her mother, so Brock is not going to get away from that.  I think there is a lot of off-camera shit that Brock does which has made Erika make passive-aggressive comments.  Maybe she should be wondering how much she has failed as a mother which has made Scheana make such horrible life decisions, especially with relationships.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Yeah, Scheana did the same thing when she was married to Shay.  Bitch, you went on national television and revealed all about your very long affair with a married man, but you think you have the right to lecture someone on being faithful?  Not a fan, but I will always be on Brandy's side when it comes to LeAnn Rimes and Scheana.  If it weren't for them (and Eddie Cibrian's infidelity), we probably would've never heard of Brandy, because Brandy was happy being a stay-at-home mother and wife.

I am not really sure how one follows the other? Yes, Scheana engaged in an extramarital relationship but Scheana also isn't there judging Lala's relationship with Randall. Scheana isn't trying to claim any moral high ground. So mentioning her affair with Eddie Cibrian feels a bit like a non-sequitur. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I am not really sure how one follows the other? Yes, Scheana engaged in an extramarital relationship but Scheana also isn't there judging Lala's relationship with Randall. Scheana isn't trying to claim any moral high ground. So mentioning her affair with Eddie Cibrian feels a bit like a non-sequitur. 

Oh, I meant back in season 4 and when Lala started and also when she thought that Mike was cheating on her.  Sorry, awhile ago, so probably out of people's memories.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Marley said:

Brock was being a dbag about Scheanas mom and the baby but her mom was also being super passive aggressive. I can only imagine how it is to live with Scheana and her mom - eek!

17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I would’ve never believed it, but I think Scheana is the best mother out of all of the VP mothers, including Stassi and Brittany.  I truly don’t think that Scheana has a baby nanny/nurse.  I’m sure she has sitters, but I think the sitters may be family members.

Am I the only one who get the impression Scheana's parents and Brock do most of the work in caring for the baby?

• Love 4
On 10/13/2021 at 3:21 AM, Gharlane said:

Randall won the tournament. Big shocker. Have I been in quarantine for too long and missed pickleball becoming a thing?

Even the Ozempic commercial has them playing pickleball! You know, the commercial with the 70's earworm song? Is this subliminal sportsballing?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/13/2021 at 11:34 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

She claimed on WWHL that Madison Rose whatever was actually the name Rob wanted, but she pretended she’s always loved it, too. 
Is she lying about “Summer Moon,” too?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, gwen747 said:

Did all the Bravo execs get together and decide that playing pickleball was going to be the newest activity on their shows???

I play Pickleball & am excited that the cast of VanderPump Rules has matured enough to be playing Pickleball. It's a very popular sport at our sports club.

I look forward to the cast of Vanderpump Rules joining a retirement community in the next 30 years .

Lala, Scheana & Katie would get into fights over shuffleboard.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

* So we have Randall to thank for pickleball.

* I LOLed at what a tool Schwartz is. Katie: You let Sandoval steamroll you. Tom: I do not! I have a lot of ideas! Tom (in TH): I’m afraid to tell Tom my ideas. I don’t want to get…steamrolled.” 🤣 This is why if Sandoval ever gets tired of him and/or Katie, he will be screwed. 

* Oko Yono. Katie, if you’re going to use pop culture references, know WTF you’re talking about. More comedy gold.

* Charli and her doll head. Creepy. Like Lala and her baby bottle back in the day. She can go.

* Swear to God, Lala in that suit and hat at the pool made her look matronly. I did a double-take. Oh, Raquel. Don’t let Lala live rent free in your head. She ain’t worth it. You hold your own against her just fine. 

* Wow. Scheana’s mom. Passive-aggressive much? Your daughter is happy, has a beautiful baby, and is with a man who is a step up from everyone else she’s dated.

* Don’t hate me, but I find James kind of endearing when he’s sober. I truly think Raquel’s been good for him, but it’s up to him about drinking again.

* No Lisa, except for the VO.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 6
On 10/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, Cheezwiz said:

I have a soft spot for Raquel - I can't help it. She may not be an intellectual giant, but she seems like a genuinely kind person, and on-the-spot public speaking is a common severe fear for a lot of people.

Know what would help her tremendously?  Toastmasters.  She would gain such confidence, not just for making toasts, but just in her own presence, that we would not recognize her and she would understand that she could do a whole heck of a lot better than James.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

So... this happened. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10104803/Lala-Kent-breaks-engagement-producer-Randall-Emmett-amid-cheating-claims.html

I mean, I always knew it would, and every time Lala said something about Randall being her 'soul mate', I was like, URGH.  But she's only 31, so I'm sure she'll latch on to someone very quickly. 

She’s made it very clear that she knows what to do to get a man. She’ll be fine. Just sorry there’s now a child in the mix. 

In the meantime, she’ll just have to fly commercial.😞

• LOL 3

I'm watching the "extended footage" version and they included Shwartz pulling a block with "Break up with your significant other". What the hell? I'm not sure if that's worse than playing "Fuck, Marry, Kill", but neither will ever turn out well.

• Love 2