Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Last Call

• Start Topic

Bette is forced to make a huge decision as Tina and Carrie’s wedding quickly approaches; Shane and Tess reach a crossroad in their relationship; and the release of Alice’s book has a ripple effect on her personal life. Meanwhile, things between Sophie and Finley reach a potential breaking point; Dani finally has to decide once and for all whether to defend her father; and Angie grapples with the outcome of what happened with her donor.

Original airdate: 10/11/21

While this show is entertaining, it completely void of any substance.  It has become just a soap opera.

With so many of these people they seem to treat 2 week relationships like they are long and stable.  

Not surprised Tina and Bette will have another go at it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dminches said:

While this show is entertaining, it completely void of any substance.  It has become just a soap opera.

Wasn't it always, though?

3 hours ago, Dminches said:

Ugh. They are my least favourite characters and I honestly don't give a rat's about what happens in their storyline. Give me more of Angie, Alice, GiGi, Sophie and Finley, Micah and Maribel, and Shane and Tess, please, and (much) less of those two boring holier-than-thou ex-partners! (I don't care about Dani either way.)

• Love 2

Is it cynical of me to think the  only reason they were divorced is that the actress who plays Tina wasn't available or interested in doing the first season? 

It was a pretty anticlimactic season ender, honestly. It left enough cliffhangers to open the next season but I'm not exactly dying to see what happens. I particularly don't understand Shane and Tess. Why can't they do long distance? Why can't they move Tess's mother to LA? And where the hell is Shane's dog???

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Is it cynical of me to think the  only reason they were divorced is that the actress who plays Tina wasn't available or interested in doing the first season? 

Nope because that's exactly what I thought too. I mean it's not like they gave us any background on why they had divorced. But if they had better writers, once Laurel decided she DID want back in, they could have at least come up with something more organic than this constant "will they or won't they?" and spared us from Rosie O'Donnell. 

I'm not going to lie - I was kind of hoping that was the last we'd see of Finley. Her character does nothing for me except make me wrinkle my nose and say, "I bet she smells" every time she is on screen. 

The whole thing with Dani and her father's trial was beyond dumb. I know there are differences depending on criminal vs. civil trials and different jurisdictions, but any time I watch a tv show where future witnesses are sitting in the courtroom watching the proceedings always makes me grind my teeth. And the climax of that was laughable. I'm so sure the U.S. Marshal's service would come busting into a private room at a fancy restaurant to perp walk a missing witness. 🙄

Color me perplexed as to why Shane and Tess can't at least TRY long distance too. I've done it and it was a hell of a greater distance than LA to LV. 

I love how in Alice and Tom's relationship, Tom is the one that is acting like a lesbian. A RING? ALREADY? Slow your roll there, buddy. 

I will continue watching if this gets renewed for a 3rd season because I am a masochist, but I won't be upset if it gets cancelled. 

Edited by MicheleinPhilly
Spelling is hard on Mondays.
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I'm not going to lie - I was kind of hoping that was the last we'd see of Finley. Her character does nothing for me except make me wrinkle my nose and say, "I bet she smells" every time she is on screen. 

The whole thing with Dani and her father's trial was beyond dumb. I know there are differences depending on criminal vs. civil trials and different jurisdictions, but any time I watch a tv show where future witnesses are sitting in the courtroom watching the proceedings always makes me grind my teeth. And the climax of that was laughable. I'm so sure the U.S. Marshal's service would come busting into a private room at a fancy restaurant to perp walk a missing witness. 

I love how in Alice and Tom's relationship, Tom is the one that is acting like a lesbian. A RING? ALREADY? Slow your roll there, buddy. 

I will continue watching if this gets renewed for a 3rd season because I am a masochist, but I won't be upset if it gets cancelled. 

I agree with your assessment of Finley. I thought I was the only one. I don't know what Sophie sees in her.

Re: Dani. They even said that she would get arrested for contempt of court. I dont understand why she seemed so shocked that the Marshall showed up to arrest her.

Bette and Tina round 100 and counting. Geez show. Make up your fucking mind. At this point I like the fact that Bette was a free agent. I am just done with the push and pull.

Tom is too good for Alice. While I do agree that he's moving quick if that is his intention, Alice didn't have to be a bitch about the bad review and the swan thing.

I like Shane and Tessa. Geez ladies, there is nothing wrong with a long distance relationship.

I am still game for a 3rd season. Just to clean it up.

• Love 1

I agree with your assessment of Finley. I thought I was the only one. I don't know what Sophie sees in her.

Finley is fine as a friend but I wouldn't hitch my long-term wagon to her star anytime soon. She's a mess and she knows it. Then again, her family did throw her out at age 18 so she's a survivor. I think what Sophie saw in Finley was how much Finley loved her (or at least, thought she did). Dani had a lot of other things going on in her life whereas Finley really just had Sophie and could make Sophie the center of her attention. 

I like Tom and I like Alice and I like them together. I am REALLY hoping there's another explanation for that ring. Like what, I have no idea, but something. Maybe it belonged to his mother or his ex or something and he is going to pawn it? And he knows a really good pawn shop somewhere on the book tour? That could work, right?

I mean it's not like they gave us any background on why they had divorced.

I think Bette had one, throwaway line in the first episode about how Tina needed her space or felt like she couldn't find and/or be herself in Bette's shadow or some shit that would have made a lot more sense if they hadn't been together and broken up a bunch of times and raised a child together.

I like Shane and Tessa. Geez ladies, there is nothing wrong with a long distance relationship.

I like them together too and I hope they figure it out. They could give us a good storyline about Tess moving her mother to LA and the tensions on any fabulous single couple trying to balance an incredible wardrobe and nonstop social life with the responsibility of caring for an aging and chronically ill parent. Or would that be too much real life?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

OMG, I think that all the time--very specifically. Every time she shows up and somebody kisses her I think that must be unpleasant. She's also always look sticky

Color me perplexed as to why Shane and Tess can't at least TRY long distance too. I've done it and it was a hell of a greater distance than LA to LV. 

IKR? What's the problem? Tess has been living here and commuting by choice so far. Either do long distance (Tess might like getting away from Mom or having visits) or move mom. Oh! Also I forgot this has been bugging me since the previews last week. What does Tess mean by referring to everything she and Shane have "been through?" They haven't been through much at all that I remember!

I hope the ring has some other explanation because...yeah. And the guy already overshot when he apprarently thought they were exclusive.

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Re: Dani. They even said that she would get arrested for contempt of court. I dont understand why she seemed so shocked that the Marshall showed up to arrest her.

I know, I assumed she was choosing to let them happen. Then she was surprised that the thing everyone explained to her was going to happen happened. I'm not totally following her whole testimony, though. If she doesn't know if her dad's guilty can't she tell the truth?

Tom is too good for Alice. While I do agree that he's moving quick if that is his intention, Alice didn't have to be a bitch about the bad review and the swan thing.

I thought it was weird someone should say Alice ought to "stay in her lane" when that book was pretty obviously in the same lane as she's always been in. It's not like she wrote a biography of Thomas Aquinas. 

Tina and Carrie were so annoying. Bette can be terrible but jeez, the poor woman got dumped and then used as the whipping post for both her ex and her stupid fiance! Yes, Carrie, we all get that you've wanted to punch Bette all season just for being beautiful, apparently. And even when she's telling Tina that it's *Tina* who obviously considers Carrie inferior to Bette she's still acting like Bette ruined everything. Then Tina has the nerve to turn around and get mad at Bette for...doing exactly what Tina obviously asked her to do and still wanted her to do. At least Pippa had the sense to just get that Bette and Tina are still a couple even when they're broken up.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 2

What does Tess mean by referring to everything she and Shane have "been through?" They haven't been through much at all that I remember!

Didn't Shane have sex with Tess's girlfriend in Season 1? And then Tess was off the wagon for a minute? But yeah - they don't appear to be quite as long suffering as that line would have us believe.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Tina and Carrie were so annoying. Bette can be terrible but jeez, the poor woman got dumped and then used as the whipping post for both her ex and her stupid fiance! Yes, Carrie, we all get that you've wanted to punch Bette all season just for being beautiful, apparently. And even when she's telling Tina that it's *Tina* who obviously considers Carrie inferior to Bette she's still acting like Bette ruined everything. Then Tina has the nerve to turn around and get mad at Bette for...doing exactly what Tina obviously asked her to do and still wanted her to do. At least Pippa had the sense to just get that Bette and Tina are still a couple even when they're broken up.

I agree that Tina and Carrie were so annoying, but I knew that would happen. Carrie hates Bette because she's gorgeous and strong and powerful, everything Carrie isn't. Tina has always had the nerve to blame Bette for everything, and this was just round 2,888. I was praying that Bette would slam the door in her face at the end. Then, Pippa doesn't know anything. They haven't done anything but have sex in the tiniest bit of time they have known each other. She sure doesn't know anything about Bette, and she apparently is jealous of Tina's being around now and then for their kid too.. No one on this show has a mature, intelligent relationship.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, susannah said:

I agree that Tina and Carrie were so annoying, but I knew that would happen. Carrie hates Bette because she's gorgeous and strong and powerful, everything Carrie isn't. Tina has always had the nerve to blame Bette for everything, and this was just round 2,888. I was praying that Bette would slam the door in her face at the end. Then, Pippa doesn't know anything. They haven't done anything but have sex in the tiniest bit of time they have known each other. She sure doesn't know anything about Bette, and she apparently is jealous of Tina's being around now and then for their kid too.. No one on this show has a mature, intelligent relationship.

Yup, you're right. I can't say I was surprised it worked out the way it did. It really would be satisfying for Bette to just move on.

And yes, it's ridiculous that PIppa is supposed to have some sort of insight about this, and she's pretty out of line to even care. She knows Bette has an ex who left her and the only time they saw them together there was no reason for her to get any sort of bad vibe. Her conversation with Tina in this ep on the phone would have been fine for me if I was PIppa. She was a mother talking about her daughter who'd just gone through something (Angie was great in the ep--loved all her reactions, especially the one to the painting). Pippa's really weird if she can't deal with that.

But I much preferred her just saying she saw something there that seemed messy so she was out, and didn't act like Carrie about it!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Yup, you're right. I can't say I was surprised it worked out the way it did. It really would be satisfying for Bette to just move on.

And yes, it's ridiculous that PIppa is supposed to have some sort of insight about this, and she's pretty out of line to even care. She knows Bette has an ex who left her and the only time they saw them together there was no reason for her to get any sort of bad vibe. Her conversation with Tina in this ep on the phone would have been fine for me if I was PIppa. She was a mother talking about her daughter who'd just gone through something (Angie was great in the ep--loved all her reactions, especially the one to the painting). Pippa's really weird if she can't deal with that.

But I much preferred her just saying she saw something there that seemed messy so she was out, and didn't act like Carrie about it!

This is my problem with this series - everyone acts like an insecure, emotionally immature idiot. But I blame that on the writers. They clearly have NO idea what to do with these characters so they just write reality show drama around however many sex scenes they can cram into an episode. 

If they do continue with a third series, they need to completely clean house in the writers' room and hire some folks with actual series writing experience. 

I've read more competently written fan fiction. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

(Angie was great in the ep--loved all her reactions,

I so liked the scene with her and her half sister, and it was so nice of Kayla and her relatives to do that. I know Angie wanted the gf there for moral support but then it just seemed like she was intruding on a private moment. It was really awesome that Marcus did that painting just for Angie, that she can keep forever and know that he did care about her.

4 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

But I much preferred her just saying she saw something there that seemed messy so she was out,

Though it seemed to me like she completely misinterpreted the situation and conversation.

2 minutes ago, susannah said:

Though it seemed to me like she completely misinterpreted the situation and conversation.

I thought so too. She watched a phone call where two parents were talking about their daughter just having been hurt and confused and they were both protective of her. If they *hadn't* sounded the way they did in that moment it would have been a bad thing.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I thought so too. She watched a phone call where two parents were talking about their daughter just having been hurt and confused and they were both protective of her. If they *hadn't* sounded the way they did in that moment it would have been a bad thing.

That and the one at the club or wherever they were where Bette is trying to talk to Tina and all Tina does is scream at Bette and walk off. Bette did nothing to deserve any of that, and the whole "still in love with Tina" bit and the cliffhanger about it, is the WORST.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, susannah said:

That and the one at the club or wherever they were where Bette is trying to talk to Tina and all Tina does is scream at Bette and walk off. Bette did nothing to deserve any of that, and the whole "still in love with Tina" bit and the cliffhanger about it, is the WORST.

Makes you wonder what we're supposed to think Pippa would like exes to be like with each other!

Seems like projecting onto Bette was the only thing that Tina and Carrie had in common.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Makes you wonder what we're supposed to think Pippa would like exes to be like with each other!

Seems like projecting onto Bette was the only thing that Tina and Carrie had in common.

Can I like this 10 times? I also as said wondered who Pippa thought she was to have any opinion on Bette's life in any way.

• Love 1

The thing that I don't get (and correct me if I am wrong) is the very high schoolish of we slept together we are a couple now.

Bette slept with Gigi once and introduced her to Papa Nuez as "her girlfriend".

Alice slept with Tom once and then commented on how she was cheating on him with Nat.

Bette sleeps with Pippa and Pippa feels like she has some sort of exclusiveness with Bette in regards to her time (and issues when Bette talks to Tina about Angie).

I mean we don't do that at this age. People are more adult about it. Ok, we slept together. We enjoyed sex. Let's see where it goes before we say we are exclusive and call each other .... is there a general neutral word for girlfriend or boyfriend?

Am I over thinking this?

• Love 3
On 10/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, sistermagpie said:

I thought it was weird someone should say Alice ought to "stay in her lane" when that book was pretty obviously in the same lane as she's always been in. It's not like she wrote a biography of Thomas Aquinas. 

My interpretation is the reviewer meant Alice should stay in her tv show lane, and not venture into writing books.

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

The thing that I don't get (and correct me if I am wrong) is the very high schoolish of we slept together we are a couple now.

Alice slept with Tom once and then commented on how she was cheating on him with Nat.

Bette sleeps with Pippa and Pippa feels like she has some sort of exclusiveness with Bette in regards to her time (and issues when Bette talks to Tina about Angie).

I mean we don't do that at this age. People are more adult about it. Ok, we slept together. We enjoyed sex. Let's see where it goes before we say we are exclusive and call each other .... is there a general neutral word for girlfriend or boyfriend?

Am I over thinking this?

The couples thing has been very confusing to me.   We are supposed to take some of these relationships seriously, but others not.  It's hard to know which is which because everything moves so fast. 

I hope Tom is best man in someone's wedding and is just delivering that ring from some fancy jeweler in LA or something.  I like Tom and Alice.  Their relationship seems healthy and isn't weird.  Don't make it toxic and weird, show!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, izabella said:

My interpretation is the reviewer meant Alice should stay in her tv show lane, and not venture into writing books.

That's all I could figure too, but it still doesn't make any sense. A talk show host like Alice writing a book, especially one about herself, would just seem like an obvious extention of the same brand, probably either ghost-written or very heavily edited. It seemed like they were just coming up with a really contrived way to give her a bad review that she could take to heart.

7 minutes ago, izabella said:

The couples thing has been very confusing to me.   We are supposed to take some of these relationships seriously, but others not.  It's hard to know which is which because everything moves so fast. 

I hope Tom is best man in someone's wedding and is just delivering that ring from some fancy jeweler in LA or something.  I like Tom and Alice.  Their relationship seems healthy and isn't weird.  Don't make it toxic and weird, show!

Agreed on all this. I really hope they don't make Tom into some strange guy that it doesn't seem like he is.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, greekmom said:

Am I over thinking this?

No, and I will sit at this table with you. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

No, and I will sit at this table with you. 

So will I. I do not understand why people think that firstly, sleeping with someone as soon as you meet them constitutes knowing them, and then, as soon as you have had sex as soon as you've met them, think there is a relationship. I remember back in the day, relationships formed when people took the time to get to know each other, and talked, etc. It is not only this show that is the opposite of this, it seems to me that people actually feel that they have to have sex right off and that makes a relationship. Very sad.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, susannah said:

So will I. I do not understand why people think that firstly, sleeping with someone as soon as you meet them constitutes knowing them, and then, as soon as you have had sex as soon as you've met them, think there is a relationship. I remember back in the day, relationships formed when people took the time to get to know each other, and talked, etc. It is not only this show that is the opposite of this, it seems to me that people actually feel that they have to have sex right off and that makes a relationship. Very sad.

I wonder if it's meant to send that message or if it's just lazy writing coupled with only having 10 episodes to work with?

• Love 3

I really do hope we get a Season 3. As flawed as it is, there is no other show like it right now. Some of it is nostalgia for the original and some of it is just reveling in a show about lesbian friendships and relationships.

It's definitely a soapy mess and everyone from 30-something to 50-something are acting like teenagers with their view of "relationships" after such a short time together. I also think the show would benefit from more than 10 episodes. 

Finley and Sophie are such a drag to the show and they focus SO MUCH time on them. They moved wayyyyy too fast from Sophie being conflicted over her love for Dani and not marrying her to being so in love with Finley that she has to follow her around and clean up after her like they've been together for years. I get that they're friends, but they should probably stay that way until Finley is less of a disaster. The pissing in the hallway is irredeemable character-wise, IMO.

Dani and Gigi are super cute and I like them. They moved pretty fast, but on this show that's par for the course. Shane and Tess, the same. I too don't understand why they aren't even considering a LTR. Alice and Tom are fine. Micah and Mirabel are odd, since Maribel doesn't seem to be all that into Micah, yet says she loves him. Meh.

Bette and Tina. Tibette. This is where we diverge because they have my whole heart. They are toxic and unhealthy and they keep replaying the same old issues over and over again, but I can't quit them. I've never seen a couple with more chemistry than those two. I feel bad that Carrie was such a terrible character and that Pippa is basically just an obstacle. They might be interesting in different storylines, but anyone in Bette and Tina's path gets steamrolled. Every time they are on screen together I just melt. Can't help it.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, asabovesobelow said:

Bette and Tina. Tibette. This is where we diverge because they have my whole heart. They are toxic and unhealthy and they keep replaying the same old issues over and over again, but I can't quit them. I've never seen a couple with more chemistry than those two. I feel bad that Carrie was such a terrible character and that Pippa is basically just an obstacle. They might be interesting in different storylines, but anyone in Bette and Tina's path gets steamrolled. Every time they are on screen together I just melt. Can't help it.

Bette and Tina were my very first television OTP so I get where you are coming from. I have unfairly hated every single woman either of them has been with in both this series and the OG. But what killed it for me in this season was how badly the women they were paired up with were written which subsequently trickled down to B&T's characterizations. 

Will I be happy when they inevitably reconcile? Of course. But I won't be quite as swoony as I was after one of their 37 other reunions. 

*insert old lady emoji* 

• Love 1

The whole Shane/Tess drama left me cold because, like many here have pointed out, all the angst is unnecessary, since LA and Vegas aren't very far apart. It's a three-hour jaunt through the desert on 15. A lovely drive. So, stop stressing, ladies.

I hope they don't make Tom turn all loopy. Can there be one man on this show who's just a decent guy, FFS? So many 'L' men through the franchise, from Tim to Mark to Angus, even freaking Ivan, all were either always jerks, or became jerky before leaving the show. There's even been a Tom previously, who seemed great and we were supposed to like, until he was turned into a total heel and was written out. It would be nice to see them break that nasty cycle, just once. 

Finley, ugh. I hope she cleans up her act, but if she's never heard from again, fine. And am I the only one to find that hair ridiculous? I think she'd look better as a brunette. Let your naturalness hang out, honey. Obvious black roots are tacky.

Bette and Tina, at it again, round 12,000. I can't believe that's still being trotted out. Those two have been breaking up and getting back together for, like, 30 years now. Enough, already. 

I love Alice, Shane and Bette together. They have a great 'longtime friends' vibe, and are so comfortable around each other. Their scenes are gold. 

• Love 2
On 10/25/2021 at 7:31 PM, ponyglue said:

I want Finley to be the new Jenny so very badly.  

I haven't watched both seasons, just the last few of Season 2, and apparently Finley is the major screwup, and I don't know what her issues are, but I know she has them, and I like her and feel for her. I think she is the new Shane, who I always liked and felt for, even though she was a screwup.. But it is apparent that Shane has never grown up and still is acting like a horny teenager, having sex in the laundry room with a houseful of kids around, etc. .I hope that Finley does better. The actress that plays Finley is so good.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, DXD526 said:

I love Alice, Shane and Bette together. They have a great 'longtime friends' vibe, and are so comfortable around each other. Their scenes are gold. 

What's even better is the stuff on youtube where Kate and Leisha are in one place and Jennifer in another, talking. They have so much love for each other and so much history.

I'm late to this. 

Sophie and Finley could disappear and I'd be grateful.  Finley is so gross - those hairy armpits 🤮  I can't stand that character so much that I will never watch that actress in anything else.  

Micah is so boring that he and Maribel can also disappear.

I didn't really watch the OG but I don't care for Bette at all.  She is so insanely selfish.  Her treatment of both Carrie and GiGi was so uncalled for.  I'm not a fan of Rosie but she did a good job playing such an odd character.  Bette couldn't be bothered to be civil to her as if Carrie, not her, was the reason she lost Tina.  And her treatment of Gigi, who was nothing but supportive to her, was bullshit.    

I don't really feel the chemistry between Shane and Tess but I like them enough as a couple.  Agree that they should just bring Tess's mom to LA and save themselves all kinds of grief.  The mom doesn't seem to have a bond with the caretakers so there's no reason not to move her unless Tess has other family in LV.

I seem to be in the minority but I really like both Dani and Gigi, and I like that they're together.  Those 2 seem to have a natural chemistry that really works onscreen.  I like how many complicated worlds Dani has to navigate, and I don't think she ever comes off as an asshole.  She's always trying to do the right thing even when everyone around her behaves like shit.  

I like Tom and Alice too, but I don't see them lasting. 

I like Bette, Shane, and Alice and how natural their relationships are, like old college friends who still get together regularly enough.

Looking forward to season 3.

• Love 1