Type keyword(s) to search

S09.01?

Lassus
  • Start Topic

On 9/29/2021 at 7:41 AM, Carolina Girl said:

As for Lala, I did agree with her on Scheana and her "but I neeeeeeeeeeded you.  Don't come over."  You were in Palm effing SPRINGS for God's sake.  That's a helluva drive from L.A. anyway.  But Lala had the audacity to go out to dinner and not sit at home, waiting for yet another call, and for that she was vilified by Scheana on social media?  Sorry, Needy Lass, but it was that new boyfriend's job to comfort you, not Lala's.  Tell him to get the hell off the 7th hole.  And shame on all of your nasty followers who went after Lala after your rant.  For you despicable characters, I have but one word -- KARMA.

When they played that audio from the podcast where Scheana and sloppy counterfeit James Momoa were talking about Lala not being there and he had the audacity to say "be better," I wanted to punch something.  It's awful that Scheana had a miscarriage, but just because you're a narcissist doesn't mean that the world actually revolves around you and everyone can drop everything to be with you at a moment's notice, particularly when you're in different cities.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:44 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I honestly don't get Lisa when it comes to James. It just seems weird to me that she is more concerned about James than she is her own son. Granted, Max doesn't seem like he's on the verge of completely falling apart, as James always is, but I find her over-protectiveness of James a little strange.  

I imagine it has a lot to do with having known James since he was a kid and having seen first hand his relationships with his parents. I hate James. I haaaaaaaate James. But I felt a lot of sympathy for him when his mother was on the show last season? the season before? (it's hard to remember; it feels like a million years ago that the show was last on)

Lisa knows that Max is fine and has two parents who love him. James is not fine and has a mother who parentified him and a father who wasn't around.

• Love 14
On 9/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, heatherchandler said:

I missed it, what happened?  I think I block out Charli.

12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I'm not sure I remember either, but I think there was a scene where Charli was playing with their dog at the party.

It was extremely over-the-top. Very loud, and as if it was the first time she had ever seen a cute dog.

I will block out Charli, too, from now on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I will block out Charli, too, from now on.

I would, but think about it: she's literally the most interesting person on the show now.  What new experiences and events are we possibly getting from anyone else?

• LOL 3

I´ve never had a problem with Lala before but she totally grossed me out with that breast-milk stuff. She is revolting, I don´t think I can ever get back to liking her, there´s almost something sinister about her. I´ve actually enjoyed it up until this point. It´s creepy that she now has a kid. Another favorite of mine, James Kennedy, also fell out of favor with me this episode, he is just kind of boring now. Everything about this show has become either totally off or boring. And I also thought there was something weird about Ariana´s and Katie´s faces, like they have had too much work done and it´s starting to show - in a bad way.

• Love 6

Random thoughts, so far:

* James. I don’t know what Raquel sees, but James has not changed one iota. He’s still most likely drinking, and now he’s added weed and maybe steroids, based on the “vitamin before the workout” comment. That would explain his explosive temper. People can become very clever at camoflaging their addictions, and he’s probably one of them. “Escapade of belligerence” — Max was spot on. I wondered why LVP was taking it upon herself to force a reconciliation between the two, and Max’s working at SUR explains it. Max should be the one to say whether or not James comes back. Blowing up over a $10 shared plate? If I were Raquel…so many red flags here. And is it me, or does his accent sound thicker?

* Scheana and Brock. Glad to see her fantasy of playing house happily ever after has finally come true. Were they auditioning for a public access TV reboot of “Dirty Dancing”? Looked ridiculous. But on a serious note — I totally got her pain when discussing her miscarriage. From sad experience, it’s very true that the support you need isn’t necessarily always there. But I hope she chewed Brock’s ass about going golfing as much as she ragged Lala’s on the podcast. Which brings me to…

* Lala. I threw up in my mouth a little at both the breast milk and the toothbrush. And to think she has a baby.

* Schwartz and Sandoval. So they want to break out and give LVP some competition. I wonder how the restaurant/bar biz in WeHo is “post”-COVID? Here, it ain’t so hot, so I’m thinking they should just stay with TomTom and continue to let Lisa run it — as she has been since it opened. I like Katie’s bob.

• Love 6
On 9/29/2021 at 3:01 PM, AnnieBananie said:

James may not be drinking, but he is not sober by any means. (Especially now that we have confirmation that he's smoking pot every day.)

Why does every male on this show have a rage problem? 

To be fair, many of the women (Lala, Kristen, Katie, Stassi) do too.

• Love 10

My dearest VR post friends!!!  You are the only good part of me watching this show.  I live for your comments.  I was just going to lurk this season without commenting, but I lasted all of 3 days.  At least I tried.  That's the main thing 😁

I didn't watch all of the episode though, just skimmed here and there.  I already hate this year enough.

Schwartz is black in German, so maybe they can get all meta (which I know FI loves) and call themselves "Black Sand".  The whole 'T' thing makes me think of this scene in 'Easy A' (go to 0:31).

Lala drinking her own breast milk is probably the least surprising thing I heard in the episode.  Did she eat her placenta as well?  She sounds like someone who would. I have had a lot of women tell me that they have had their husbands/boyfriends suck on their nipples really hard to relieve blocked milk ducts.

James was never good-looking, never had charisma, never had any charm and never seemed alluring in any way.  He will never be magnetic enough to pass as a Bad Boy.  I just see a bitchy little boy chucking a hissy fit.  I know a lot of people are attracted to British accents (there are many), but I don't, so again, I never considered him to be any more appealing than the next bitchy little boy.  I don't like Lisa's British accent either.  I hate hearing James' squeeeeky voice whenever he speaks.

What Colin said in Love Actually is true for a lot of women.  They really do fall for the accent.  A lot of my girlfriends love Tom Ellis' accent and watch Lucifer because of it.

Sorry to say, but there's no way that James is off the booze and is sober.  That really sucks.

I think Max Todd is more talented than anyone who has ever worked at SUR or VB.  He once made a guitar.  MADE. A. GUITAR.  MADE a fricking guitar!!!  He showed it to his parents in one of the early episodes of RHOBH and it made me sad that he was so down on himself.  But he's definitely damn talented.  He's a musician too.  Did I mention that he made a fricking guitar with his hands???

Absolutely HAAAAAATE FI's moustache and chin pubes.  Schwartz still looks good.  Normal.  Too bad he's such a pussy.

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Watching the rest of this.

* Pick one: Katie is: A) insecure; (B) jealous of Sandoval’s and Schwartz’s friendship; or (C) is dead-set on sabotaging anything Schwartz gets involved in with Sandoval. Schwartz: “Katie hates people.” Katie: “I want to be maitre’d.” Lala’s a better fit for that job. Schwartz, obviously, will continue to put up with that bullshit, and maybe run the risk of ruining his partnership with Sandoval as a result. Grow a pair, dude, and tell the wife to back off. 

* “Summer’s Eve”? Uh….I believe that’s trademarked.

* Lala, get over yourself, but I’m glad you approve of the trick with the ring. Rest of the episode: Vile, unstable, and VPR’s answer to RHOBH’s Erika Jayne.

* Camera’s cut to Brock’s “oh, shit” look when Lala walked in — LOL.

* I may need a hearing aid, but I did not understand one word of the conversation between Scheana and Charli, and Scheana and Brock, even after rewatching.

* I see both Lala’s and Scheana’s sides of the miscarriage aftermath. People don’t always respond to grief the way we expect or would like, and social media can be vicious.

* If I were Ariana, I would have thrown Lala’s ass out of my house.

On 9/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, Quilty said:

Looks like Katie will become Tom&Toms  Yoko Ono this season. Will she break them up?

I think that is a very distinct possibility. Katie’s been stomping on Sandoval’s last nerve for a few seasons now.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Extra spaces between responses.
  • Love 2

If the ratings don’t pick up they aren’t going to get even one more season. This was the lowest rated episode of the series by far. Aside from the Secrets Revealed episodes, all of the episodes have had at least a million viewers. This episodes only had 600,000 viewers. That’s low even by Bravo standards. Maybe people didn’t know it was back after the long hiatus and the ratings will tick up next episode but they need to gain a lot of viewers. I, for one, am not watching this season, but I am still reading the comments here, at least for now. Nothing anyone has said has made me want to tune in. It sounds like a total disaster and not in a good way like the early seasons. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, gwen747 said:

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end of Vanderpump Rules.  I give it two more seasons tops. 

The show cannot realistically revolve around SUR anymore. Much of the cast (with maybe the exception of James) has moved on lifestyle wise, as they should when they hit their mid- to late 30s. The new people Bravo brought on for the pre-COVID season (probably to try to transition) were bores. Frankly, nobody seems to be doing much of anything to sustain interest now.

I don’t even see a spinoff with TomTom. 

I was surprised Bravo just didn’t cancel it outright. It had a good run.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Typo.
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, glowbug said:

If the ratings don’t pick up they aren’t going to get even one more season. This was the lowest rated episode of the series by far. Aside from the Secrets Revealed episodes, all of the episodes have had at least a million viewers. This episodes only had 600,000 viewers. That’s low even by Bravo standards. Maybe people didn’t know it was back after the long hiatus and the ratings will tick up next episode but they need to gain a lot of viewers. I, for one, am not watching this season, but I am still reading the comments here, at least for now. Nothing anyone has said has made me want to tune in. It sounds like a total disaster and not in a good way like the early seasons. 

There’s just nothing there. Just a bunch of people going to somebody else’s house and fighting. It’s clear most of them have moved on (except maybe for the Bravo payday). It may be, too, that the show depended too much on the vileness of Stassi and Kristen and the yukkiness of Jax and Brittany to draw interest. It’s clear the current cast can’t carry this, and what does it say that even LVP was a nonentity — at least in this episode? Charli, Raquel, James, and Peter just aren’t enough.

Frankly, the way COVID has trashed the restaurant industry, I thought Andy would walk away from this show. Recasting it would have been difficult under normal circumstances, as the previous season showed.

• Love 3
On 10/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, glowbug said:

We made it maybe 10 minutes into the episode before we canned it.

James' personality is ugly and not fun to watch.

It's painfully tedious to watch Raquel try to make her thoughts talk.

Tom & Tom try way too hard.

That's about as far as we got. It just isn't fun trash tv anymore.

• Love 5
On 9/28/2021 at 10:51 PM, Lassus said:

I'm sorry if I'm breaking protocol, but is there a thread for tonight's season premiere?

Can you fix the topic title, please? You have the ability to fix it.

Sorry unpopular opinion here but I really do not want this to turn into a show about the babies.  I don't need to see the pumping or consumption of breast milk or the inevitable shitty blowout diaper.

James pre workout pill must be speed cause I don't think coke comes in pill form?

Lisa is rocking the Mortician Makeover as she absolutely looks like she crawled out of a casket.  She needs the Vampire facial to at least put some color in her face.  

Mr Mytmo's input was Lisa's face doesn't match her neck and what is up with Sandoval's obsession with flowers?

Schwartz and Sandy's makes me think of Houlihans or Applebees.  Maybe they'll make the servers have flair.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Sorry unpopular opinion here but I really do not want this to turn into a show about the babies.  I don't need to see the pumping or consumption of breast milk or the inevitable shitty blowout diaper.

James pre workout pill must be speed cause I don't think coke comes in pill form?

Lisa is rocking the Mortician Makeover as she absolutely looks like she crawled out of a casket.  She needs the Vampire facial to at least put some color in her face.  

Mr Mytmo's input was Lisa's face doesn't match her neck and what is up with Sandoval's obsession with flowers?

Schwartz and Sandy's makes me think of Houlihans or Applebees.  Maybe they'll make the servers have flair.

I don't think it's unpopular at all. We all tuned in to see the idiotic escapades of a bunch of nitwits, not baby central with all the tired and oh so not funny baby hijinks. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lassus said:

Sure.  To what, though?

How about replacing the question mark with the episode title, "We're Back Baby"? I think that's the standard format. 🙂

Edited by Gharlane

While someone who smokes weed isn't "sober," it can be a completely life-saving alternative to alcohol for many. They're not equal. Not every addict should smoke cannabis, but I really hope the show after YEARS of promoting the way more dangerous drug alcohol, doesn't start to clutch pearls over weed.

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 4