Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Angels of the Silences

• Start Topic

Is Angels of the Silences from a song?  I don't recognize it.  I like the new alien.

Kyle remains the MVP of the show.  

Are they going to tie Max to the railroad track next?  I'm so tired him of always being in mortal peril.  Either kill the character off or let him do something different next season.

I know they are writing Michael/Alex as the One True Love, but it's boring to me.  I don't feel the heat, but I know the actors are trying.

• Love 7

I don't like Max not being part of the triad, although I guess this explains why he got shoved into Izzy's pod.

I think the closest equivalent to what Max is would be an uncle who is an identical twin (what makes monozygotic twins not identical are transcription errors, translation errors, and epigenetics).

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Everyone hyped this episode up to be the best of the season and just "SO GOOD" and I guess that must be only if you're a Malex fan?  Cause there really wasn't anything that spectacular as a whole.  Same shit, new day; wash, rinse, repeat.  Max is in peril AGAIN.  How exciting.

Kyle continues to be the ONLY character that I enjoy seeing.  I'd like more Kyle and less "domestic" Michael/Alex scenes; since those two bore the hell out of me.  I hate the pairing and their lack of chemistry can't even sell me on it.  Cosmic my ass.

24 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Is Angels of the Silences from a song?  I don't recognize it.  I like the new alien.

It's by Counting Crows.

1 hour ago, Katesgr811 said:

SICK TO DEATH of Max being on the edge of death in some way. And now he’s not even part of the triad? Gtfo. This show has taken such liberties with the importance of his character.

I really cannot stand what this show has done with certain characters and their importance or lack thereof, in the narrative as a whole (looking at you specifically, Max and Liz)

Edited by ellieart
  • Love 6

Kyle! Kyle and Iz!  I still ship the hell out of them.  As for Iz and whatever her name is, I wouldn't mind them as a detour if not for the fact that SHE SLEPT WITH HER BROTHER! But for that, I'd find them to be a pleasant fling. 

I like Dallas and I really enjoyed the flashbacks with Heath.  I'm glad Heath is just trying to save his friend. The actor created a lot of goodwill on the Originals and I would have hated not liking him. Also, the message from Dallas's dad was lovely while also advancing he plot. So, yay to that. 

Add me to the list of people tired of Max being ever in peril. It's annoying. I'm also annoyed that this show has somehow made me completely uninterested in Liz and Max as a couple. I don't hate it. I just don't care. 

Also uninteresting are Michael and Alex together. Which I guess is an improvement from actively pissing me off. So there's that.

Where the fuck was Maria? Why was she left out of the Pod Squad stuff. If Alex can be included, so can Maria. Rosa, I like, but I can't say her absence was unwarranted. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 9

I don’t understand the hate for Malex.  I like the two of them together.  I do agree with giving Max a story that doesn’t involve him being at death’s door.  Give him a real story! Liz too.  Let’s move this story forward.  
Love, love, love Kyle.  Love Isabel also.  The two of them have to end up together.

I like Dallas.  I see potential. I also see a love triangle with him, Maria and Gregory because writers get lazy and it would be easy.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Katesgr811 said:

The only thing I enjoyed about this episode was Isobel getting knocked the hell off the bench when she tried to mindscape Dallas.

That was great.  I also loved her "That's what I get for violating consent."

• Love 2

I actually loved this ep. I too am beyond tired of Max being in danger of dying every damn second (shit or get off the pot already) but I don't mind him not being part of the triad tbh.

I love Dallas already. The actor is great, he already has chem with everyone he interacted with, and I'm interested to see where they go with him.

KYLE! KYLE AND ISOBEL SHARING MULTIPLE SCENES! This alone is enough to make me love this ep.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

love Dallas already. The actor is great, he already has chem with everyone he interacted with, and I'm interested to see where they go with him.

So many ways to go... As a man of faith.. How does being an alien change that.. If at all... Being in a triad... How that changes him... How it changes isobel and Michael... How it affects max.... Will heath stick around?... Is Dallas actually sick or just an Alien... How will his interactions with Rosa go now... And probably more... I imagine with the triad complete and Maria being able to see memories.. That if not this season... Next we get more flashbacks about the original triad... And more oasian culture... Also if nora was the engineer and Louise the empath... What was theo?....  Are all triads made up of the same three 'clans'... 

I am just thrilled to have so many Kyle and Isobel scenes, I am really starting to ship the heck out of them. Isobel's thing with the reporter is fine and all but it feels so random, while she has known Kyle for years, he knows the big secret, he roots for her to be successful while calling her out when she needs it, it would be perfect. Plus, Kyle is the best and I am happy for him to get any screen time he can. 

Max is just constantly on the verge of death, he might drop dead of a stress aneurism before the other stuff can even get him.

I like Dallas so far, and while Heath is a bit of an idiot for going along with the obviously evil Jones, I can at least sympathize with wanting to save his friend.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I am just thrilled to have so many Kyle and Isobel scenes, I am really starting to shit the crap out of them. Isobel's thing with the reporter is fine and all but it feels so random, while she has known Kyle for years, he knows the big secret, he roots for her to be successful while calling her out when she needs it, it would be perfect. Plus, Kyle is the best and I am happy for him to get any screen time he can. 

Max is just constantly on the verge of death, he might drop dead of a stress aneurism before the other stuff can even get him.

I like Dallas so far, and while Heath is a bit of an idiot for going along with the obviously evil Jones, I can at least sympathize with wanting to save his friend.

I feel like he knows Jones is evil and all that.. I just don't think he had a choice. 

• Love 2

I finally got around to re-watching this WITH the sound on (first time was just with closed captions while half-listening to a phone call of zero importance).

On 9/29/2021 at 9:48 AM, UnoAgain said:

Is Dallas actually sick or just an Alien.

My understanding (FWIW) is that it is both, but I could be wrong.
The "sick" part is from Dallas's exposure to the alien machine as a child (before the machine got fixed in the last 2 episodes) which damaged his brain similar to Alex's experience in the previous episode. 
However, (again, IF I UNDERSTOOD CORRECTLY) Dallas went to a doctor recommended to him by Heath who told Dallas that he (Dallas) had "neural inconsistencies that are incompatible with human life," which Dallas and Heath seem to have erroneously (at the time) interpreted to mean that Dallas had a brain problem "incompatible" with "life," meaning he was dying.
But I think we are supposed to understand that to mean that it's just that Dallas's brain is like Michael's and Maria's.

IDK. It seems like the writers had 2 different back stories and merged them.

• Love 2
On 9/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, jqdeco said:

I don’t understand the hate for Malex.  I like the two of them together.  

its Disinterest and Criticism of the ship, then sure some hate. We don’t have to like them just because they are a popular ship hyped by fandom and the media. Some of us don’t feel there is convincing chemistry between Tyler and Michael V, especially when you compare their scenes with other characters. Are the characters compatible together?does the story make sense and well written? is there chemistry?. It’s like the show doesn’t care about any of that, their only goal seem to have a fan popular ship and get clout for lgbt rep. Just seem standards and expectations are lowered for malex. Good writing (and chemistry) not needed just utter the line cosmic, and it’s all sorted out.

One other issue is the treatment of Maria over this ship, the show discarded her like she meant nothing to Michael. 2 seasons of waste. Alex is written to not give a care about Maria’s feelings going after Michael without talking to his so called best friend . And right there  in Maria’s bar with his song and the malex kiss. But Maria was expected to consider Alex feelings putting hers in the back burner, and fandom accused her of being a bad friend. Different standards huh when it’s a black female character vs other a white male. 

Anyway, on another plot, the show should have introduced Dallas earlier in the season. If you are gonna shake up what the viewers know about the pod squad and triad, it needs to be a gradual process of development and getting to know this new important character. 

Edited by CabotCove
  • Love 5