Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Pin the Tail on the Daddy

paulvdb

"Hey daddy."

"Well that's where you're mistaken, buddy boy. I am here to prove that I... am nobody's daddy." *slightly different due to copyright issues CSI Miami scream*

That could have been so cringe, but Tom Ellis pulled it off perfectly. Respect!

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, Zonk said:

"Hey daddy."

"Well that's where you're mistaken, buddy boy. I am here to prove that I... am nobody's daddy." *slightly different due to copyright issues CSI Miami scream*

That could have been so cringe, but Tom Ellis pulled it off perfectly. Respect!

I laughed out loud at that and I’m not even ashamed.

I totally knew that Maze was screwing with Dan by pretending not to see him. It’s been interesting to see that Dan is not a spiteful person at all and has actually grown a lot. I’m rooting for him to get out of his situation.

So that’s actually Chloe and Lucifer’s daughter? All grown up? Is she from the future?

• Love 4

Stupid episode, one girl can get on the internet for hours and hours and when she finds her father, she can just leave. The other girl can't get on the phone for 5 seconds to get the opportunity to call the police and tell them that she and several other people are being held against their will and being forced to work as slaves.

And what a sack of shit Mira is, that after she escaped she didn't bother to tell the police to rescue her "friends?" from slavery. Poor Mira was upset because she didn't call her mom for several years because she wasn't sure if her mom wanted to know if she was still alive or not.

• Love 11

Wait. Chloe is just asking all those questions NOW? Ugh I still don’t like her. Future miracle Angel baby? Why is there always a future baby? 

And yes Mira is awful for never helping her friends or calling her mom. 

The show is back to making me laugh out loud so I’ll forgive all the nonsensical plot stuff. My lord Tom Ellis is ruining me for other men. Damn damn good looking man. 

• Love 3

Okay so the CSI Miami gag got me to actually laugh out loud. That was awesome. 

The rest of the story not so much. Mira really is a shitty person, she never let her mother know she was okay and left all those other girls with a man that was enslaving them. 

Dan should've realized Maze was screwing with him, because why would she randomly bring him up with a tailor. 

• Love 3

I will never not be entertained by a show goofing on CSI: Miami.  If nothing else, David Caruso's.... acting decisions on that show will always have a place in the Mockery Hall of Fame!

Yeah, the more one thinks about it, the more Mira kind of comes off like an asshole.  I get wanting to find her birth father, but not only does she apparently just leave her mother in the dark about (and who apparently never actually did anything to deserve that), but somehow escaped some kind of slave cult and didn't call the cops or tell anyone else?  Yeah, that's either some very sloppy writing or she's just a selfish asshole.

Looks like Dan is stuck in the ghost form, although he can at last talk to the likes of Lucifer, Maze, and Amenadiel.  But being unable to be in contact with Chloe and especially Trixie will clearly do a number on him.

So, the mysterious angel isn't just Lucifer's daughter, but Chloe's as well?  Are some time-traveling shenanigans going on?  Or is she possibly from a different world/universe? 

• Love 2
On 9/11/2021 at 7:32 PM, Xantar said:

I laughed out loud at that and I’m not even ashamed.

I totally knew that Maze was screwing with Dan by pretending not to see him. It’s been interesting to see that Dan is not a spiteful person at all and has actually grown a lot. I’m rooting for him to get out of his situation.

So that’s actually Chloe and Lucifer’s daughter? All grown up? Is she from the future?

It made me laugh out loud, too.  Although I didn’t get the CSI Miami reference (and I watched it for a while, years ago).  It was just the, “I’m here to prove that I’m nobody’s daddy!”

Tom Ellis  does really well with the comedy, and the emotional scenes.  He pulls off the laid-back, sometimes insecure charmer, and also the more malevolent side, when someone pisses him off.  

• Love 1

Its been awhile since I saw a CSI: Miami joke, and I am here to welcome its return, especially with Tom's amazing delivery. That was hilarious, what a way to start an episode. Or should I say.....an episode? *CSI scream* 

Its hard for an episode to live up to that hilarious of an intro, but the episode was mostly just alright for me. Dan trying to find anyone to talk to him was both funny and sad, I am glad they found a way to keep him on the show without just bringing him back to life or something and invalidating everything surrounding his death. Him seeing Trixie crying and being unable to talk to her was painful, and his last scene encouraging Lucifer to try and mend things with his daughter was really nice. I guess the angel really is his daughter, maybe she's an angel because Lucifer isnt "just" an angel, but was also the devil and is now God, and Chloe is his devine gift so not technically a normal person either? And she is also a kid from the future, so we're doing this whole thing now. Very high risk high reward that concept, we'll see how it goes. 

The case of the week needed one last rewrite unless they wanted Mira to come off as a real asshole, which she did. She let her mom, who seems like a perfectly nice woman and mother, worry herself sick about her, never even calling to let her knows she's alright, and then apparently never called the cops about the creep forcing kids into slavery, leaving them all to suffer when she could have helped. Either this chick is allergic to phones, or she's a selfish brat, even if the show never noticed that. 

• Love 4

I called that rogue Angel was Chloe’s daughter.  But why would Lucifer have abandoned her/them?  Without knowing Chloe was pregnant?  My guess is the staff of the Tree of Life had an effect on Chloe and that’s why rogue Angel is an Angel and not human.

Trixie making me cry again.  That makes sense why Lucifer didn’t bring Dan up to Earth until he could work out his guilt to go to Heaven.  I’m glad for his sake that Amenadiel can see/hear him.  And of course Maze was torturing Dan.

Wonder why Ella named a slimy, green toad after Dan?  

I was suuuuuuuper annoyed by Mira's dad. The whole "looked into her eyes" shit... I kept waiting for him to say "and also, a mail-in DNA test". Both of them are way too trusting to not confirm that...and yeah she should pick up a phone but also what did she tell him about her mother that he was never like "btw she's with me now". I guess maybe avoiding custody battle but the whole thing was way too neat and tidy given all the stuff that supposedly happened in between. It's like the show got to the "not Lucifer's kid but the case teaches him An Important Lesson About His Own Current Situation" part and then just bailed.

On 9/12/2021 at 10:20 AM, Sakura12 said:

Mira really is a shitty person, she never let her mother know she was okay and left all those other girls with a man that was enslaving them. 

I guess I agree, but she could be so traumatized that she blocked it out and was just happy she escaped. 

I do agree with Chloe but she was also kind of being a little much with the secrets. I mean, 50 things all happened at once; Lucifer isn't going to be making a list for her. He should have known that taking off and not answering her calls would blow up though. 

On 9/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, roamyn said:

But why would Lucifer have abandoned her/them?

I tend to think he probably didn't know. I'm kind of leery of daughter from the future if that's the case here. It's kind of 'manufactured drama' for the daughter to talk so broadly and maybe a little dumb if she doesn't realize she's in the past. Ami said 'an angel we don't know about', and I think that was a deliberate clue that something's going on. 

Since I'm taking my time with the show, I have more to think about. I liked the fight, when Chloe reigned him in. I'm wondering now if she also really has to be 'ready' like they keep saying about Lucifer. I mean, he's not going to be flying her up and down all the time, and she can't leave Trix by herself while she ups to the Silver City. 

I'm skeptical what we're seeing is what's actually going on, and I'm certainly interested to see how this plays out though.