Type keyword(s) to search

Only Speculation Without Spoilers In the Thread

• Start Topic

I keep coming back to the texts that both Charles and Oliver received in the last episode of season 1. Who would possibly have both of their numbers? 

Mabel (for sure) We see her answering Charles' text early in season 1. Number saved to her phone. We see her texting with Oliver in season 1. 

Who else has texted with Charles and Oliver?  

Teddy texted Oliver in season 1. 

Will texted Oliver in season 1 and 2.

Jan has been texting Charles, but I don't know that she has ever been seen texting Oliver or Mabel. 

The building manager of the Arconia would have those numbers on file, possibly. Ursula? We haven't seen as much of her this season. Maybe her Gut Milk business was a front for something and Bunny caught on.

Detective Williams quite possibly would have all of their numbers, but we don't ever see her contact them by text, they contact her in Season 1 after she leaves Tim Kono's phone for Mabel. 

Oscar?  Although, he has not been seen at all this season. 

It's a pretty important clue, to know who had both phone numbers. I doubt that Cinda would have both, maybe just Charles as he set up the appointment. 

Or, maybe it means nothing at all. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I’ve been wondering who would have their numbers but wouldn’t be stored as contacts in their phones, since the number didn’t come up with a name (like Mabel and Lucy) on Oliver’s or Charles’ phones. Or it could be literally anyone who used a burner/second phone. Does the building have a resident directory with cell phone numbers listed? (Is that even a thing?)

I do think it could tie into why a full SWAT team descended on the building. What was the 911 call and could the text have been a friendly but misinformed warning based on the 911 call? A simple stabbing would not trigger a SWAT response. It would have been a couple of uniformed officers. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Cinda has all 3 cell phone numbers because they were trying to join her podcast network.

Are we certain of that? I know the appointment with her was made through Charles's neighbor's relationship with Cinda through their kids being in a gymnastics class or something together. 

Edited by cardigirl
5 hours ago, Lugal said:

It could also work for Detective Krebs because he did say this case will make his career.  And we still have yet to discover who blocked Detective Williams's investigations into Tim Kono.

2 hours ago, dovegrey said:

I’ve been wondering who would have their numbers but wouldn’t be stored as contacts in their phones, since the number didn’t come up with a name (like Mabel and Lucy) on Oliver’s or Charles’ phones. Or it could be literally anyone who used a burner/second phone. Does the building have a resident directory with cell phone numbers listed? (Is that even a thing?)

I do think it could tie into why a full SWAT team descended on the building. What was the 911 call and could the text have been a friendly but misinformed warning based on the 911 call? A simple stabbing would not trigger a SWAT response. It would have been a couple of uniformed officers. 

Krebs feels to me like a contender for killer. Maybe he also stole and sold the original painting because he needed cash because of a gambling habit or a call girl habit?

3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Cinda has all 3 cell phone numbers because they were trying to join her podcast network.

Cinda is another possible murderer of Bunny. We know she assaulted Poppy with the stapler. 
Unless Poppy made that up and Poppy is the murderer.

• Like 1

I have been posting this in the episode threads, and it was suggested that I post it in this thread, which I confess I was not aware of before!

This is the list of Questions through episode 6.  It will be updated after each episode.  Any comments/suggestions are welcomed!

Answered:

• Why was Bunny wearing the podcast hoodie? - because the gang gave it to her as a consolation gift when they didn't invite her in, when she brought champagne up to thank them for solving the mystery
  • How did the painting, and now knife, get put into Charles' apartment? - someone used the secret passage from his bathroom that Lucy showed them

Unanswered:

• What was the significance of Bunny's dying word "savage" or "Savage" or "passage"?
  • What was the significance of Bunny's dying word "14"?
  • Who killed Bunny?
  • Is the murderer the same as the person in the black boots who got off the elevator and came to her apartment?
  • Painting:
    • Why was the painting taken from Bunny's apartment?
    • Was the painting in Bunny's apartment already a forgery or did the thief replace it with a forgery? 
    • Was the painting put in Charles' apartment solely as an attempt to frame him for Bunny's murder?
  • What is the full story with Charles' father?
  • Oliver's bloody knife:
    • Who or what is the source of the blood, and how did the blood get on the knife?
    • Who put it in Charles' apartment and why?
    • Is the knife the murder weapon?
  • Who sent the "get out of the building" text?
  • Who have they been texting with, since it wasn't Detective Williams?
  • Is there anything fishy about Detective Kreps saying Detective Williams is in Denver? 
  • Who did Bunny have lunch with?
  • Who did Lucy see in the secret passageway with a mask and wearing booties?
  • What was Nina going to put on the roof?
  • Why did Nina give Howard the black eye?
  • How did the crowd find out about Bunny's murder so quickly to be there outside the Arconia when our gang was taken out in handcuffs almost immediately after the police arrived?
  • Why did Lucy really contact Charles at this point?  How long had Lucy been hanging out in the Arconia's tunnels when we see her meet Charles, and what was down the tunnel passage that Lucy claimed "was a dead end"?
  • Matchbook found in Mabel's apartment:
    • Who dropped it in Mabel's apartment , and is that the same person who initially picked it up at the diner after meeting with Bunny there?
    • Whose bloody fingerprint is on the matchbook?
  • What is behind Detective Kreps' surly attitude?
  • Is there any significance to Mabel's father?
  • Who picked up the glitter bomb?

Leftover unanswered from Season 1:

• Why was Tim's phone not sent to be examined?
  • Why was the detective's request on drug testing Tim's body turned down?
  • Who put the note on Jan's door (or was it Jan herself)?
  • Who poisoned Winnie the dog?
  • Did Evelyn the cat die as Jan said, by coming into Tim Kono's apartment and walking through Tim's poisoned blood?
  • Applause 2
(edited)

We are past the equator of the season and I think it is a good time to set some predictions and see how good we were doing when mystery solves.at the end of the season.

1. Who is the masked character in the passage?

2. Who is the unknown character at the bar?

3. Who is the glittered masked character?

4. Who is the killer?

MergedImages(2).png.391822376632d8e32e1ae3104e546359.png

Edited by FGomez

For 3 (glitter guy):

Based on height of suspects alone,
and based on vague recollections plus Wikipedia to get the specs of a subway car, with a bit of math I arrive at the interior of the car having a ceiling height of about 8 feet.
So, discounting any camera angle distortion (which I probably should not do)
I'm going with Nina's baby's daddy:
(Jared) McGregor who seemed really tall to me.
[shapeshifter googles] Actually, actor David T. Patterson is (according to Google) 6 ft 2.5 in (1.89 m), which is tall, but not like MBA tall, but probably taller than many actors.

If I was forced to vote for the others (thanks for not making this an actual poll, I guess?) 
I would probably just vote straight McGregor because of the similarity of the clothing. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this, @LuvMyShows!

14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Answered:

• How did the painting, and now knife, get put into Charles' apartment? - someone used the secret passage from his bathroom that Lucy showed them

Yes, but also, I think there is a bit of dialog with Oliver mentioning to Charles that Charles doesn't lock his door. So that's potentially another route.

14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Unanswered:

• Is there anything fishy about Detective Kreps saying Detective Williams is in Denver? 

A possible, partial explanation:
There is a Denver, NY about a 2 and a half hour drive from Manhattan.

"The killer composed the murder scene. That's who you're looking for. A storyteller. An artist."

"An artist never finishes their piece in the middle. They stick with it till the end. Finding ways to stay close to their work. Is someone staying close to you? Does someone have a new friend? That's your killer."

- Psycho Jan

The keyword here is "storyteller".

What if this isn't about Bunny at all. She is just a collateral damage.

The main agenda is to frame the trio for a murder.

Bunny's body was found in Mabel's apartment, stabbed with a knitting needle and Oliver's knife. The murder weapon and Bunny's painting were later planted in Charles' apartment.

And Bunny's death has triggered another mess - the Rose Cooper painting. 

Det. Williams once mentioned about the Who, the How, the Why and the Why Now.

If it's about a painting, why now? Bunny had that painting all this while.

21 hours ago, dovegrey said:

I’ve been wondering who would have their numbers but wouldn’t be stored as contacts in their phones, since the number didn’t come up with a name on Oliver’s or Charles’ phones. Or it could be literally anyone who used a burner/second phone. 

What about Oscar's dad, Jose?

Charles and Oliver's numbers are listed in the Arconia's directory since both are the official tenants, Mabel isn't.

16 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

This is the list of Questions through episode 6.  It will be updated after each episode.  Any comments/suggestions are welcomed!

Great compilation! Thanks for sharing it.

Other unanswered Qs that I can think of:

• The knitting needle that was used to stab Bunny, was it really Mable's? Does it have a red pointy tip like the one used by Cinda and her minions?
  • Ivan knew Bunny died. Why returned the money and put it under her door? Is he really afraid of being a suspect or just an act? And did Ivan return ALL the money? The envelope was thicker when Bunny first gave it to him.
  • Useful 4

I could buy Cinda being involved, simply for ratings. The original Oliver, Charles, Mabel podcast killed, and I could see her fuming at some hacks beating her at her own game. What's a better product than a podcast where the original sleuths are now suspects. And it's called Only Murderers in the Building. Not subtle. 

She's a real control freak, so I don't know that she could convince people to do this dirty work for her.  

tbh, I don't care who the murderer is. I do expect when we figure it out/reveal that it will make sense. That's enough for me. The show is just flat out entertaining. When you get to a place where you're just fine watching the characters eating salsa or sitting in a car, it really doesn't matter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The knitting needle that was used to stab Bunny, was it really Mable's? Does it have a red pointy tip like the one used by Cinda and her minions?

That scene of Cinda with her two assistants was in Mabel's mind. They were knitting because Mabel knits. We haven't been shown in reality that Cinda or her "minions" even knit. We were shown Cinda in all three of the trio's minds as they realize that they are the subject of Cinda's next podcast.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2022 at 3:04 AM, shapeshifter said:

Ooo. Have we seen anyone else sneeze?

I've been working on this.  I think Howard may have sneezed in Season 1. I was certain that the psychiatrist (Dr. Stanley) also sneezed this season, but that would have had to happen during Bunny's final board meeting, OR during the memorial they had for her, when Leonora showed up. And I didn't see it. So I'm not sure what I am remembering. 🤨

IF Dr. Stanley shows up again soon ... 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sjankis630 said:

OK  I just read that tomorrow's (08/02) episode takes place in Coney Island.

I looked back and here are pictures of Selena Gomez filming at Coney Island with Theo - Teddy's son.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10587307/Selena-Gomez-sports-plaid-miniskirt-films-scenes-Murders-Building.html

I want to love this information a thousand thousand times!!!

ETA: I have a new theory about who texted Charles and Oliver to get out of the building. It's not really a spoiler, just a guess, but I don't want to inform someone else's experience (not sure if that is what I mean). 

Spoiler

Theo, but not because he's the murderer, because he figured something out and saw what was going down in Bunny and Mabel's apts.  (I hope he doesn't turn out to be creepy.

Edited by cardigirl
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

ETA: I have a new theory about who texted Charles and Oliver to get out of the building. 

Reveal spoiler

Theo, but not because he's the murderer, because he figured something out and saw what was going down in Bunny and Mabel's apts.  (I hope he doesn't turn out to be creepy.

Theo & Teddy were arrested for theft because of Oliver & Mabel... unlikely Theo wants to help them...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sjankis630 said:

I looked back and here are pictures of Selena Gomez filming at Coney Island with Theo - Teddy's son.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10587307/Selena-Gomez-sports-plaid-miniskirt-films-scenes-Murders-Building.html

13 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I want to love this information a thousand thousand times!!!

I guess this might not have been considered a spoiler for the episode that just dropped 3 hours ago, but it felt like it to me and made me stop reading this thread until after I watched the new episode.

I prefer to remain spoiler free——hence the title and tagging of this thread.

But I can easily create an “All The Spoilers In The Building Thread” if I’m the only one who feels adept at doing that.  
Is that something some of you would like?

Brighton Beach is just up the boardwalk from Coney Island and is heavily Russian. If Ivan suddenly has a cousin or a 2nd job…

ETA: I saw the comment about some speculation that might be spoilers so I didn’t scroll up and haven’t read what was posted. My speculation is based solely on knowing Brighton Beach is next door and Ivan might be Russian.

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Sorry @shapeshifter. I really didn't mean to spoil anyone's enjoyment by liking and commenting on @sjankis630's post. 

An all spoiler thread is fine if you feel it will help. 

Actually, your post was helpful in identifying that it was spoiler-ish. 

According to some definitions, it wasn't a spoiler that Theo was appearing in the new episode, but it just felt like it to me with my exta-hyper spidey spoiler sense.

And then I saw all the spoiler tagged posts and figured maybe we/all y'all need a spoiler thread.

So, here it is:

• Love 1

Nice chapter and quite a lot of information.

We can see the killer with the knife. Now, is he the glittered man or is he the "no friend" of Bunny at the bar?

MergedImages(espaldas).thumb.png.1bbca74de60390166e1dc4d4819ec4b3.png

Hard to say. But I bet for the guy at the bar. Like I said before, I think he is McGregor, a very muscular actor with broad shoulders, while the glittered one I think he is Luis, much more slim.

Edited by FGomez
40 minutes ago, FGomez said:

Nice chapter and quite a lot of information.

We can see the killer with the knife. Now, is he the glittered man or is he the "no friend" of Bunny at the bar?

MergedImages(espaldas).thumb.png.1bbca74de60390166e1dc4d4819ec4b3.png

Hard to say. But I bet for the guy at the bar. Like I said before, I think he is McGregor, a very muscular actor with broad shoulders, while the glittered one I think he is Luis, much more slim.

Still not convinced there is more than one person dressed like that, but you've almost convinced me. 😉

1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

I don't want this to be true ... from a review you can find here. 

Reading that review of the episode and with the emphasis on Mabel's trauma causing her to black out - which was never "a thing" last season, despite her estranged childhood friend being the murder victim - has me thinking that it's going to be hard for the show to balance the clues with the ultimate reveal/payoff. What is now so personally traumatic about Bunny's death and the identity of the killer that Mabel is consistently blacking it out? The only person I can think of would be Oscar, but he's nowhere on the show's radar.

(If this was a really different show, I'd actually think it was Tie Dye Oscar who was killed that night, and Mabel's been confabulating all memories about it with Bunny. I don't actually think that's what's happening.)

• Like 2
14 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Nina's Baby's Daddy and Luis are not even suspects. I got nothing.

Oscar isn’t listed as well.

The killer’s big reveal may not be satisfying. 😣

ETA:

Whose hand is this? 🤔

D908C982-06C7-491F-BEE3-EF307C4E93C3.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
Added an image!
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Whose hand is this? 🤔

D908C982-06C7-491F-BEE3-EF307C4E93C3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

Reddit is thinking it's Detective Kreps' hand. Here's a pic of him someone posted.

As someone who includes hands whenever possible when painting portraits: quite possibly.🤔

image.png.cd83ed72e9e2f5f4335d31c9ce1da514.pngimage.png.d6505f27d1edcdcc4be742af777df697.png

And at 6'2" Michael Rapaport as Kreps fits the height profile for the subway.

He said a few episodes ago something to the effect of this case could make his career, and being an obnoxious guy, I'm guessing he's missed a few chances for promotion.
And I guess he's dumb enough to think he could frame someone with false evidence. 
IDK. He's old enough to have seen what happened to OJ with the planted glove, right? Or not?

In terms of Kreps first appearance being in the first episode of this second season and his minimal appearances throughout, he does kind of fit the bill of the one whodunnit in terms of story structure, right?
In a first season, we might not see the perp in the first episode, but in a later season, I think it makes more sense.

Also: If it is Kreps, likely Detective Williams has already picked up on his shadiness, which would explain her interest in being on the side of Oliver, Charles, and Mabel. Plus, Williams may have already figured there aren't too many people that could have screwed with the season one evidence. So maybe this isn't Kreps first try at nailing a case via falsifying evidence to get a promotion?  

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

Reddit is thinking it's Detective Kreps' hand. Here's a pic of him someone posted. 

Some fans on Twitter are speculating that GG is actually a character that we haven’t met. They identified the actor but I won’t link or post it here as it’s very spoilery. He has similar hands and body as GG.

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

As someone who includes hands whenever possible when painting portraits: quite possibly.🤔

The shape of the fingers and nails are quite similar.

Height wise, it could be Det. Kreps.

But does it make sense for him to moonlight at a theme park in Coney Island? 😬

Body wise, GG seems a bit thinner than Det. Kreps.

372052FD-6C73-478F-BEAA-17D738138590.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

But does it make sense for him to moonlight at a theme park in Coney Island?

Maybe, but more to the point:

1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Body wise, GG seems a bit thinner than Det. Kreps.

I agree that the masked dark-clothed hoodie person (AKA GG or Glitter Guy) is too slender to be Kreps:

image.png.09189f654a58b06338922cf6aff4d2c8.png

Also, the pose here looks rather feminine to me.
But the hand does not.
Would the show use a woman body double for a man (or vice versa) to throw us off?
That seems like it would violate some Mystery Writers Code Of Ethics, heh.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, cardigirl said:

I dunno, I think GG looks a lot like Kreps. Just saw the actor on another show, and he even moved like that.  But why he would have an ID badge for Coney Island, I have no idea. 

On Castle, one of the detectives was moonlighting as (I think) a bouncer because of expenses related to his wife's pregnancy.
On various L&O-type shows, cops have turned out to be the perps because they were in debt due to gambling addiction, some of whom had first tried to deal with the debt by moonlighting. 
Often on shows a security guard will turn out to be a former police officer, sometimes because they retired.
🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

When first I saw that hand (and then the face), I thought to myself, why, I was wrong, that guy is not Luis. That hand is from an older and stronger man. But later I saw that Luis has a strong veiny hand compared to his general build.

MergedImages-3copia.thumb.png.9526aae70ff0a19c42e883cdf64e2985.png

And the light can make the skin look older, and change its color, as it happens to Mabel a little later in the same scene.

MabelScreenshot_2022-08-02_14-35-49copia.png.44029ebf1ae4401bcb3a1fd92aad08cf.png

and the face profile is perfectly compatible.

Luis_perfil_MergedImages-2.png.3dd2bba57980f05a39594cbabc9701f7.png

Overall, I am not saying that this scene proves that the Glittered Guy is Luis, but it doesn't disprove it either.

23 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Nina's Baby's Daddy and Luis are not even suspects. I got nothing.

It is guaranteed that the killer is among those suspects? I read "Choose a Suspect", "Who Killed Bunny?" "Share with friends". But I cannot see "The murderer is one of them" or something like that.

I think that the murder is right in front of us. After choosing a crazy nymphomaniac, of which we hadn't any clue whatsoever, let alone of her relationship to Tim Kono (I mean, a complete no-no in a whodunit, worst solution possible), this season they selected the obvious one. And they rely on a lot of smoke and an almost unseen killer to avoid us to discover it.

I see 3 different masked characters and 3 episodes left. Next, it seems they will solve the glittered guy. I expect some crazyness here. Luis, the Coney Island bouncer, is in some unknown way related or obsessed with the trio. He has kidnapped Lucy, she will save herself and there will be two masked characters left.

Episode 9 we will learn the real motive for Mabel being in that rundown apartment. What is she looking for in the passages, and why she was there while the killer was forcing Bunny to her apartment. I expect a time inaccuracy here and some crazy story also.

But the finale, the murder itself, it seems simple. McGregor wants to monetize the building. He tries to convince Bunny at the bar. It doesn't matter, Nina will do it. Then Bunny changes her mind, wants to stay, and he kills her. He escapes by the passageway, the matches drop. Bunny knows he is Nina's lover so she says "14 passage" meaning he went through the passage to Nina's apartment, in floor 14. End of the story, everything falls into place.

• Useful 1

McGregor is Nina's baby daddy, right? 
If so, at least this part of your theory makes sense to me:

7 minutes ago, FGomez said:

McGregor wants to monetize the building. He tries to convince Bunny at the bar. It doesn't matter, Nina will do it. Then Bunny changes her mind, wants to stay, and he kills her. He escapes by the passageway, the matches drop. Bunny knows he is Nina's lover so she says "14 passage" meaning he went through the passage to Nina's apartment, in floor 14. End of the story, everything falls into place.

--especially because we had that scene with Bunny and Nina chatting in which Nina revealed that she seems to know everything about the building, so likely secret passages too.

I'm guessing maybe Nina doesn't know what Baby Daddy did. 
Like maybe he was just using Nina all along to making a killing on upper Manhattan real estate -- up to and including doing an actual killing.

7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

image.png.09189f654a58b06338922cf6aff4d2c8.png

Would the show use a woman body double for a man (or vice versa) to throw us off?

The Brazzos showrunners do it...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1

When Kreps got Cinda and the trio to the building to tell them to stop making podcasts about the case, Cinda was arguing with him and said “given his reputation.” What is his reputation and why?

• Like 1

This is the list of Questions through episode 7.  It will be updated after each episode.  Any comments/suggestions are welcomed!

Answered:

• Why was Bunny wearing the podcast hoodie? - because the gang gave it to her as a consolation gift when they didn't invite her in, when she brought champagne up to thank them for solving the mystery
  • Is there anything fishy about Detective Kreps saying Detective Williams is in Denver?  - No, and she came back early from maternity leave cause she couldn't stop thinking about the case

Unanswered:

• Bunny's death:
    • What was the significance of Bunny's dying word "savage" or "Savage" or "passage"?
    • What was the significance of Bunny's dying word "14"?
    • Why was Bunny in Mabel's apartment?
    • Who killed Bunny?
    • Was the knitting needle really Mabel's? - we saw in her flashback that her needle was not there when she went to grab it, but that is not definitive proof
    • Is the murderer the same as the person in the black boots who got off the elevator and came to her apartment?
  • Painting:
    • Why was the painting taken from Bunny's apartment?
    • Was the painting in Bunny's apartment already a forgery or did the thief replace it with a forgery? 
    • Was the painting put in Charles' apartment solely as an attempt to frame him for Bunny's murder?
  • What is the full story with Charles' father?
  • Oliver's bloody knife:
    • Who or what is the source of the blood, and how did the blood get on the knife?
    • Who put it in Charles' apartment and why?
    • Is the knife the same as the knife used as the murder weapon? 
  • Who sent the "get out of the building" text?
  • Who had they been texting with, since it wasn't Detective Williams?
  • Who did Bunny have lunch with at the diner?
  • Who did Lucy see in the secret passageway with a mask and wearing booties?
  • What was Nina going to put on the roof?
  • Why did Nina give Howard the black eye?
  • How did the crowd find out about Bunny's murder so quickly to be there outside the Arconia when our gang was taken out in handcuffs almost immediately after the police arrived?
  • Why did Lucy really contact Charles at this point?  How long had Lucy been hanging out in the Arconia's tunnels when we see her meet Charles, and what was down the tunnel passage that Lucy claimed "was a dead end"?
  • Matchbook found in Mabel's apartment:
    • Who dropped it in Mabel's apartment , and is that the same person who initially picked it up at the diner after meeting with Bunny there?
    • Whose bloody fingerprint is on the matchbook?
  • What is behind Detective Kreps' surly attitude?
  • Is there any significance to Mabel's father?
  • Since Ivan knew that Bunny died, why did he return the money and put it under her door? And did Ivan return ALL the money, since the envelope appeared thicker when Bunny first gave it to him.
  • Glitter Guy (GG):
    • Who is GG?
    • Did he have prior knowledge of the bag in the trash can, and if so, how?
    • Why did he have a photo of Lucy?
    • Did he know she had the matchbook in her bag, and if so, how?
    • Why did he attack Mabel on the subway?  Was it just to steal her bag with the matchbook?
  • If the video of Mabel attacking the guy on the subway had gone viral, why hasn't anyone come to arrest her?
  • Was the blackout a coincidence or sinister, and if sinister, who orchestrated it?

Leftover unanswered from Season 1:

• Why was Tim's phone not sent to be examined?
  • Why was the detective's request on drug testing Tim's body turned down?
  • Who put the note on Jan's door (or was it Jan herself)?
  • Who poisoned Winnie the dog?
  • Did Evelyn the cat die as Jan said, by coming into Tim Kono's apartment and walking through Tim's poisoned blood?
Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Like 1

Wasn't sure where to put this, because I forgot which episode it was, but at one point, Charles and Oliver are in the hall and door way of Charles's apartment, and you can hear yodeling going on.  😁 Charles had shared with Jan that he missed hearing her bassoon playing, and that Howard had an all yodeling group. Love the details in this show. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Like 2
On 8/3/2022 at 5:57 AM, shapeshifter said:

image.png.cd83ed72e9e2f5f4335d31c9ce1da514.pngimage.png.d6505f27d1edcdcc4be742af777df697.png

He said a few episodes ago something to the effect of this case could make his career, and being an obnoxious guy, I'm guessing he's missed a few chances for promotion.
And I guess he's dumb enough to think he could frame someone with false evidence. 
IDK. He's old enough to have seen what happened to OJ with the planted glove, right? Or not?

In terms of Kreps first appearance being in the first episode of this second season and his minimal appearances throughout, he does kind of fit the bill of the one whodunnit in terms of story structure, right?
In a first season, we might not see the perp in the first episode, but in a later season, I think it makes more sense.

Also: If it is Kreps, likely Detective Williams has already picked up on his shadiness, which would explain her interest in being on the side of Oliver, Charles, and Mabel. Plus, Williams may have already figured there aren't too many people that could have screwed with the season one evidence. So maybe this isn't Kreps first try at nailing a case via falsifying evidence to get a promotion?  

And it isn't unusual for an officer to work security on their days off (the badge Mabel found).

• Love 1

OK, not a lot of information in chapter 8. I would expect more out of a blackout. But there are three hypothesis that I want to test

(1) Can be Jonathan, Howard's boyfriend, the masked character in the passage? The actor is Jason Veasey BTW. We have his sneeze. The original sneeze sounds like a deep voice. It could be him. And he has big lips ... so let's do the test

jonathanSelenaMergedImages.png.de143e1c6aaf0d17d87434e9af7693a7.png

So, well, not impossible, but I'll stick with her.

(2) Is Inspector Kreps the Glittered Guy? He is the glittered neck guy for sure, but is that him for real or did he have an encounter with GG? His shoulder aches because of a needle, opening a door or just a new tattoo? The hand is very similar, I won't repeat the test here, but that is a point in his favour. Now, what about the face profile and the body type?

rapaMergedImages-1.png.079bb83164a37512ebe6e1a6a35bae8a.png

Not the same nose, not the same chin. Point for Luis.

The body type, Rapaport is way two big for being GG

rapa5MergedImages-2-min.thumb.png.5f5992a1d81cd3c2653f4ffac1a444ba.png

and the belly of the GG is obvioulsly fake. So my conclusion is that Inspector Kreps is just being framed. I will stick with Luis.

(3) Which of the masked characters forced his way into Charles' apartment?

AllmaskedMergedImages-3.thumb.png.7455111720c53cd253cc641da3a2d5b7.png

To be honest, I don't know. I will think of a renewed theory and I'll write it down tomorrow.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1