Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Sister

• Start Topic

Very intriguing premise. I don’t like seeing Adrian Grenier as a bad guy so am interested in seeing where the direction of this show will go.

Liking all the characters so far, especially the kids.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

I hate kids in drama series and they were no exception. 

This series is really good so far, but I have a question. Are people really so naïve about dealing with police given the proliferation of cop shows and legal dramas? It's annoying to watch the same tropes play out i.e. the demand to be involved in the investigation.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Adgirl said:

I hate kids in drama series and they were no exception. 

This series is really good so far, but I have a question. Are people really so naïve about dealing with police given the proliferation of cop shows and legal dramas? It's annoying to watch the same tropes play out i.e. the demand to be involved in the investigation.

In this case it’s understandable.  There was an actual clock and the cops seemed to be more interested in questioning whether the kidnapped guy was actually guilty instead of finding him.   Plus the sister gave them actually good information which seemed to only annoy them.      Yeah the sister shouldn’t have been actively involved but the cops had  zero “bedside manner”.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8

Pia drove me absolutely nuts with her histrionics, entitlement, and general shitty attitude. Kind of wish she'd been the one abducted. I hope it's not her POV for every episode. Maybe if the actress was stronger, I'd feel more for her. Right now she's ruining my enjoyment of the show overall.

I think it's meant to contrast with Betty Gabriel's (the wife) cool, detached manner. I absolutely loved her.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
On 9/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

Pia drove me absolutely nuts with her histrionics, entitlement, and general shitty attitude.

I hate characters like this, shit-stirring for no reason except to shit stir, and then getting bent out of shape when they're called on it. Ugh. It's such a tiresome trope.

I like the small twist of Pia and Rohan connecting via the dating/hookup app but nothing happening until they see each other at the police station and realize they'd agreed to hookup. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I just started watching this on Netflix. Normally, people like Pia would drive me nuts; and, in real life, someone like Pia would avoid me and I would avoid her.

But I like the character... for some reason.

• Love 1
On 7/3/2022 at 10:23 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Pia…omg, she’s annoying.  She reminds me original Becky on Roseanne, except Becky is funny.  

Ok thats who i thought she was!!! Omg !! They look like twins. So what has she been on that i would know?