Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Weird As You

It shouldn't have surprised me that Teddy refused to press charges.  His family is important to him.  Plus, it'd be embarrassing as hell for the incident to become public.  But will he waver?  What happens if he thinks Daniel is interested in Tawney, or vice versa?  Would he tell Tawney? 

I don't know what to make of Trey.  He's either innocent of Hannah's murder or he's deviously clever.  I keep seeing him as Johnny from Deadwood though, so it's hard to think of him as devious.  It's too bad the writers couldn't have worked "Wants me to tell him something pretty" into the dialogue somewhere.  It would almost have fit.

I wish Daniel wouldn't do psychedelics.  It's the old fogey in me. 

• Love 6

That whole thing with Trey just served to confuse me more. Is Daniel guilty or not? I really do not know. Especially if he was doing as many drugs and drinking as much alcohol as he is now.

Poor Amantha. She couldn't enjoy that high for very long. The thought of Daniel serving ten more years would be heartbreaking. Especially since she believes he's innocent. Also,I couldn't help identifying with her when that guy was taking so long to get his money together. I have to run a cash register sometimes and that drives me nuts.

• Love 1

The Trey stuff was confusing, but for me, good confusing. I've been enjoying the prolonged mystery . . . but I sure hope we get some answers as the season draws to a close.

Was it just me, or did Teddy seem a little too pleased with Amantha's and her co-worker's giggly antics? Like maybe he was hoping they'd accidentally kiss or something?

I just have to love the weird-ass conversations people get into on this show. BTW, I'm pretty sure my husband has had mystical/sexual dreams about Paula Deen, too.

• Love 3

I don't know what to make of Trey.  He's either innocent of Hannah's murder or he's deviously clever.  I keep seeing him as Johnny from Deadwood though, so it's hard to think of him as devious.  It's too bad the writers couldn't have worked "Wants me to tell him something pretty" into the dialogue somewhere.  It would almost have fit.

OMG he was Johnny from Deadwood? Of course! He looked so familiar but I couldn't place him and kept forgetting to look him up. 

I am 95% convinced that he is guilty along with old dead George. The remaining 5% is my forlorn hope that State Senator Foulkes is the real murderer, mainly because I want to see him get his comeuppance. Trey's lack of empathy in his second cousin once-removed's shooting of the librarian, along with the glimpses he gave of that night and his comments on Hanna made me a believer. 

I spent a lot of time shouting at the screen to Daniel (in my head, so as not to scare the neighbors), "Don't take the pills and don't get drunk!" and "The murderer is in the house!" The pistol Trey brought along was the one George shot himself with, I'm assuming. I can't decide if Trey brought along the gun and George's phone so that he could leave them in George's house, or so that he could use them in some way to incriminate Daniel. 

I think that the Holden-Talbot family relations would be greatly improved if Amantha was always a bit high when she was around Teddy.

Poor Teddy, to be approached by Foulkes and the Sheriff on something he thought was said in confidence. Watching his face throughout that scene, and especially as he turned his back and made the decision to lie and say he made it up, was powerful. Subtle acting by Clayne Crawford.

I hope that Foulkes and the Sheriff go to Dan Sr. with their story, because I think it would be a big mistake on their parts, and would blow up in their face something fierce. That is a consummation devoutly to be wished.  

• Love 5

Was it just me, or did Teddy seem a little too pleased with Amantha's and her co-worker's giggly antics? Like maybe he was hoping they'd accidentally kiss or something?

Maybe, but I think he was also kinda pleased that Amantha was being friendly.

I can't decide if Trey brought along the gun and George's phone so that he could leave them in George's house, or so that he could use them in some way to incriminate Daniel.

I was so scared for Daniel this episode, I am worried Trey is going to incriminate Daniel with it. Is Daniel that naïve, why would he let his guard down like that taking pills and getting drunk?

Good for Teddy, that was fast thinking to tell Foulkes he had made it up.

Amantha has grown on me, I hope she will be able to move on with her life and be happy.

• Love 1

I spent a lot of time shouting at the screen to Daniel (in my head, so as not to scare the neighbors), "Don't take the pills and don't get drunk!" and "The murderer is in the house!" The pistol Trey brought along was the one George shot himself with, I'm assuming. I can't decide if Trey brought along the gun and George's phone so that he could leave them in George's house, or so that he could use them in some way to incriminate Daniel.

I was so scared for Daniel this episode

Yes. This was a tense ep. I was waiting for something bad to happen the entire time. When Daniel first went to Trey's house, I kept thinking don't go in the house. Then he went in. Then I was thinking don't drink with him. Then he drank. Then I was thinking don't get in the car with him. Then he got in. Then I was thinking don't take the drugs. Then he took them. I was getting rather annoyed at Daniel's stupidity. He is certainly putting himself in some bad situations and has been lucky to date. His luck may run out eventually.

I also couldn't figure out if Trey was trying to incrimiate Daniel or wanted to return the keys, ID and gun. Seems like he could have dropped off that evidence much sooner. By the end, I thought Trey was just trying to get into Daniel's head a bit and plant the seeds of the story Trey wanted Daniel to believe. Still, I don't know. Maybe that was the truth or part of the truth.

I am 95% convinced that he is guilty along with old dead George. The remaining 5% is my forlorn hope that State Senator Foulkes is the real murderer, mainly because I want to see him get his comeuppance. Trey's lack of empathy in his second cousin once-removed's shooting of the librarian, along with the glimpses he gave of that night and his comments on Hanna made me a believer.

There is definitely something wrong with Trey. That little insight we got into his character was disturbing. He certainly could have done it or done it along with George and pinned it on Daniel. Although, I don't think so for some reason. I think George's guilt was about pinning it on Daniel but not actually committing the murder. Daniel also could have done it, and I think that flash of anger we saw from him was to give us some doubt about his innocence.

I'm glad Teddy tried to back out of what he did, but it appears it's too late for that. I can't imagine the reaction if the senator goes to Ted, Sr.

• Love 3

There is definitely something wrong with Trey. That little insight we got into his character was disturbing. He certainly could have done it or done it along with George and pinned it on Daniel. Although, I don't think so for some reason. I think George's guilt was about pinning it on Daniel but not actually committing the murder. Daniel also could have done it, and I think that flash of anger we saw from him was to give us some doubt about his innocence.

I agree with you about what George and Trey's guilt in this was. I think Trey was telling the truth. He didn't see Daniel kill Hannah, but he believes he did. 

I thought it was odd that Daniel slapped Trey. I wonder if that means that he slapped Hannah. His anger at Trey, all the talk of that night, and the drugs may have transported him back to that time, and maybe that's where the slap came from. I just can't believe -- don't want to believe -- that Daniel killed Hannah, and since I don't think that either Trey or George did either, then I think someone else was there watching. No idea who that could be.

It was a shock that Hannah was so sexually promiscuous. Her uncle apparently raped her, but Trey had sex with her when she was 13! Ugh. I don't see any redeeming qualities about Trey.

I'm glad Teddy refused to cooperate. I didn't think he would because of the shame. However, I also believe that he really doesn't want to ruin the family. I think seeing Amantha all giggling and friendly was pleasing to him. I'm sure he hates having an antagonistic relationship with her. Maybe he was also softened up by his loving moment with Tawney. Things are going good, so why f them up by telling on Daniel.

Amantha is not cut out for any customer-related job. Yes, the man was slow getting his money out, but Amantha was unnecessarily snappish. Plus, it seemed to me that the man may have been mentally challenged.

I think I've said it before, but I don't like the DA. Or more specifically, I don't like the actress. Heck, I don't like either, but I mainly don't like the actress.

Edited by peeayebee

It was a shock that Hannah was so sexually promiscuous.

We only have Trey's word on that, which I wouldn't call reliable. Nor would I call 13 old enough to give informed consent even if Trey didn't force her, which given what we've seen of him I suspect he did.

• Love 5

I was so scared for Daniel this episode, I am worried Trey is going to incriminate Daniel with it. Is Daniel that naïve, why would he let his guard down like that taking pills and getting drunk?

Daniel seems to have a problem with saying no.  It's like he never saw an after school special.

• Love 7

Good, quick thinking on Ted Jr.'s part about making up the Fauxlger's story.

I cannot stand the woman DA, and that plea deal is crap.

Stoned Amantha was fun. Can we keep her that way please?

Yeah, Daniel's fingerprints are all over Georgie's trailer so it seems that Trey is setting Daniel up for George's death --- or disappearance at least. It's almost like Trey was recreating the drugged-out party scene similar to when Hannah was killed intentionally to mess with Daniel's head while incriminating Daniel (again).

I'm not totally convinced that Trey killed Hannah but he's quite smart, in a very dangerous, devious way.

George's "Live Oaks" trailer park may not have been the way Trey first described it, but after Trey brought out the drugs and booze, it sure did turn into "Satan's Butthole".

• Love 1

God.  That was intense.  The opening was so intense I had to put it off until today when I could focus.  I got some massive feels for Teddy.  Since Daniel got out, apart from that little sexual assault, his life is everything he wanted in that moment.  He gets to keep the shop, he gets to have this rim rental business, he's having a baby, Tawney maybe loves him, his mom isn't using him as a replacement son anymore, his stepsister was friendly with him.  Then bam, that drunken confession comes back on him.  He's positioned to be the son who tore the family apart this time, even if it's done without his consent.  The senator won't even have the courtesy of shielding Teddy's ass with Fauxlgers. 

Ugh, I wish Daniel would stop the drinking and drugging.  There's so much to talk about with the who done it aspect, but I think I'm still leaning towards Daniel having killed Hannah.  I wrote why in the Who Done It thread.  Still, there's always been something very sinister about Trey (like why would he have the need to cover up an obvious suicide?).  I don't know, but Daniel's future isn't looking too good regardless.  

• Love 3

Yes, but so are Trey's.

True, but he had ulterior motives for taking Daniel to George's to begin with. It's easy enough to erase most of his fingerprints from there and leave Daniel's DNA where he wants -- along with placing George's gun & wallet he brought from his house in Paulie.

I also do not doubt that Trey's DNA was all over Hannah's death as well. The more we see of Trey, the more diabolical he reveals himself to be. He was having fun fucking with Daniel's head. If Trey got away with it once, he may be so bold as to think he can again.

Daniel is becoming so gullible with all the drug use. It's getting tiresome.

• Love 4

Was the DNA ever identified?  They know it's not Daniel's, but do they know whose it is?  Did Trey and George give samples or was Daniel always the only suspect?

The show isn't quite keeping up with the times, with regard to Daniel's confession.  There've been news reports about confessions being coerced and sentences being reversed, especially when the accused were young and on drugs. 

As I mentioned upthread, I'm not sure what Trey is up to. When watching, I was also concerned that he was trying to incriminate Daniel and then thought he was trying to get into Daniel's head and plant the seeds of the story he wants Daniel to remember. Time will tell I guess. I do think it will be too difficult for Trey to try to remove his own fingerprints.

As far as giving DNA samples, I can't remember if Trey gave one. I think there was a scene with Trey and the sheriff. Trey handed something to the sheriff or tried to and said it was for DNA, but I don't know if the sheriff took it. Does anyone remember that scene more clearly?

• Love 1

Does anyone remember that scene more clearly?

He licked the sheriff's card and handed it back to him. I don't think that'll qualify as a sample, and he apparently shamed Claggett enough in that interaction that he hasn't returned for the real thing.

I think Trey did it. He is clearly amoral, and why else would he be going though all these orchestrations?

• Love 1

That whole thing with Trey just served to confuse me more. Is Daniel guilty or not? I really do not know. Especially if he was doing as many drugs and drinking as much alcohol as he is now.

Poor Amantha. She couldn't enjoy that high for very long. The thought of Daniel serving ten more years would be heartbreaking. Especially since she believes he's innocent. Also,I couldn't help identifying with her when that guy was taking so long to get his money together. I have to run a cash register sometimes and that drives me nuts.

I used to also...two things that were always annoying....

1.  People counting lots of change and putting it on the counter instead of in your hand.

2.  People looking for a couple of pennies to make the change come out even and holding up the line.

I cannot believe that I didn't place him as Johnny! Like Kris117, I kept meaning to look him up and forgetting. Now I'm just impressed that he's different enough from Johnny that all I kept thinking was that he seemed familiar but that was it. You're right, that line could've fit somewhere!

OMG he was Johnny from Deadwood? Of course! He looked so familiar but I couldn't place him and kept forgetting to look him up. 

I think that the Holden-Talbot family relations would be greatly improved if Amantha was always a bit high when she was around Teddy.

Poor Teddy, to be approached by Foulkes and the Sheriff on something he thought was said in confidence. Watching his face throughout that scene, and especially as he turned his back and made the decision to lie and say he made it up, was powerful. Subtle acting by Clayne Crawford.

I hope that Foulkes and the Sheriff go to Dan Sr. with their story, because I think it would be a big mistake on their parts, and would blow up in their face something fierce. That is a consummation devoutly to be wished.  

^^This. Sorry to quote an entire post and I hope it's not obnoxious to do so but I agree with all of it.

Teddy was great. High Amantha was great. Trey is a Lying Liar Who Lies and most likely a murderer to boot. And I too would like to see Ted Sr. show the Senator what not taking his bullshit looks like.

• Love 2

Daniel is becoming so gullible with all the drug use. It's getting tiresome.

I could see him doing the mushrooms—he was high on those when everything happened with Hanna, so taking them in an attempt to regain those memories makes sense to me. But yes, to see him taking any chance he gets to get high on some unpredictable mixtures of pills and alcohol makes me nervous. I hope he gets a grip soon. It does give me a pretty good idea of what his high school years were like—a haze of substance abuse. Trey's story about Daniel not being able to get it up, and standing and watching from the hill has the ring of truth in it for me. 

If Daniel has any brain cells functioning, he'd save a bottle or something Trey had drunk from. I'm not really sure that he really suspects Trey and George, or if he has so little memory of that night that he's just trying to find out his part in it.

The show isn't quite keeping up with the times, with regard to Daniel's confession.  There've been news reports about confessions being coerced and sentences being reversed, especially when the accused were young and on drugs. 

Not in State Senator Foulkes' bailiwick! Most of the town doesn't believe the DNA evidence, so I think there would be rioting in the streets if the confession were to be thrown out. It does give Jon's legal strategy some leverage, though, which I think he's mentioned.

Well I wasn't really sure before, but I'm fairly sure now Daniel is innocent and Trey killed Hannah.

If Trey truly believed Daniel killed Hannah in a blind rage, he wouldn't be so cavalier about being pinned by an angry Daniel. He was completely unconcerned because he knew that Daniel wasn't capable of killing anyone, not back then and not now.

Edited by Nihilum
  • Love 4