Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day: The Single Life Live Chat

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, OneGuy said:

Ed can never just let anything be.  He's always asking for assessment from other people.  It must be irritating to have a conversation with him.

"But I've talked about myself enough. Why don't you talk about me now."

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mia: I want to see if there's more to him

Pepper Mostly: Well, he's not going to get any taller. 

Pepps, even though the show was shitty, you were on fire last night! 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, kacesq said:

Are Ed and Liz really over? You can spoiler tag the answer if you know.

Spoiler

I realize this was taped months ago and the D+ viewers probably know the answer, but I read that they're "on" again and got engaged again in November. Apparently they got back together after Ed emailed Liz about his dog, Teddy's passing away and they got re-engaged. He supposedly bought her a $ 13K diamond ring this time. They also got a new puppy together in December. 

Edited by magemaud
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I just hope its not preceded by a suitcase packing scene. I wouldn't be able to bear the excitement. 

And the requisite follow up scene of unpacking the suitcase ON THE BED! 

14 hours ago, Bees52 said:

Sheesh Jesse makes light banter with the driver seem awkward, stilted.... and scripted...

Kudos to you on using the unlikely combo of "Jesse" and "light banter" in the same sentence! A+! 

• LOL 6
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

What reality show was it…but there was an obviously gay man who proposed to his overweight BFF. Supposedly they are in love but ever is telling her he is gay…..it was an odd show.

Well, thanks for giving me an internet quest for today. The show wasn't on that long ago and now it's going to drive me crazy until I go down the rabbit hole and find it. 

Update: I haven't found it, but came upon two very short-lived TLC shows I'd forgotten about: "Hot and Heavy" and "My Husband Isn't Gay." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Is anyone else convinced that Jesse reached out to every former 90DF he could think of, to convince one to have a fake “romance” so they could get back on the show?

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Is anyone else convinced that Jesse reached out to every former 90DF he could think of, to convince one to have a fake “romance” so they could get back on the show?

Absolutely! Supposedly Jeniffer (still can't get over that spelling!) contacted HIM a year before he responded to her message. I think he got the idea of being in another spin-off and pitched the idea to her of posing as a couple. In turn, this got Darcey and Tim another season on PT, so it was win-win for everyone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

How big is Bucaramanga?

The population is a little over half a million people.

A bit off topic, but back in the mid 60s my brother was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Colombia. I remember him saying that being assigned to "Bucaramanga" was everyone's worst nightmare although I don't remember why. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1

Bucaramanga is about halfway between Barranquilla and Bogota Colombia by the Oro River. I have been in both of the places I named. Although it seems like the modern capital city it is now, it wasn’t when I was there (studying economics of underdeveloped countries decades ago). A lot of the drug trade happened on that side of the Andes and it was too dangerous for Americans to travel there. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Update: I haven't found it, but came upon two very short-lived TLC shows I'd forgotten about: "Hot and Heavy" and "My Husband Isn't Gay." 

I believe you were talking about "You, Me & my Ex" on TLC. 

Yes! Thank you! I thought that might be the right show, but I had the wrong couple. https://www.distractify.com/p/you-me-and-my-ex-tlc-cast

The couple was gay (Alex and Stephen) but now Alex was in a relationship with Caroline! 

• Useful 1

Dude’s name is Cock-wa?

Jeniffer is such a mean girl.  Maybe Tim has no game, maybe he wasn’t into you, maybe he’s not macho and controlling like the local men you claim to dislike, but he is not a “girl.”  Emasculate much?  You deserve Jesse.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Dude’s name is Cock-wa?

Jeniffer is such a mean girl.  Maybe Tim has no game, maybe he wasn’t into you, maybe he’s not macho and controlling like the local men you claim to dislike, but he is not a “girl.”  Emasculate much?  You deserve Jesse.

I read an interview that she did…Jesse was there too. They giggled like school girls about Tim’s sexuality and not so subtly alluded to him being gay. It was disgusting. Tim is an odd duck and was a bit fame whorish but I think he is a nice guy. One of the nicest to appear on the show. I remember he was very nice to her daughter…I doubt Jesse gives a shit.

Tim’s response was classy. He said that everyone should have the freedom to be who they are without judgement and he supports that, but he is not gay.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I remember he was very nice to her daughter…I doubt Jesse gives a shit.

Yeah, I don't remember him going out of his way to be nice to Darcey's girls. 

• Love 3

Jeniffer's "lovely parting gift" to Jesse after they met and spent time together in Colombia: 

Spoiler

"But before Jesse could leave for the flight, Jeniffer amazed Jesse with a departure gift. She asked him to return to the backseat as she had something for him. But to his surprise, she handed him a pair of her underwear. Shortly after that, he sniffed them and said he would never forget this gift. Further, in the confessional, he added for the past two weeks, they were together 24/7. But now she won’t be there. So whenever he misses her, he will indeed pull out her panties."

Maybe someone who watched on D+ could tell us whether this touching scene was shown or not? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Jeniffer's "lovely parting gift" to Jesse after they met and spent time together in Colombia: 

Reveal spoiler

"But before Jesse could leave for the flight, Jeniffer amazed Jesse with a departure gift. She asked him to return to the backseat as she had something for him. But to his surprise, she handed him a pair of her underwear. Shortly after that, he sniffed them and said he would never forget this gift. Further, in the confessional, he added for the past two weeks, they were together 24/7. But now she won’t be there. So whenever he misses her, he will indeed pull out her panties."

I wish I hadn’t read that. 🤢

• Love 6
16 hours ago, magemaud said:

Hide contents

Maybe someone who watched on D+ could tell us whether this touching scene was shown or not? 

They either didn't show it or I have totally wiped it from my mind. It was a while ago though so probably the second one.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, magemaud said:

The population is a little over half a million people.

A bit off topic, but back in the mid 60s my brother was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Colombia. I remember him saying that being assigned to "Bucaramanga" was everyone's worst nightmare although I don't remember why. 

Wow! Tell your brother I am thankful for his service.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:49 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

(bowing) thank yew, thank yew! Every time Ed cries it adds fuel to the flames. 

You know how much sympathy I have for him, right?

I did deep divea little research, Googled “wearing a hat in the banya,” and found out that it helps keep your head’s temperature low so you don’t pass out. File under: Good to Know. TLC, The Learning Channel.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 2

This mess is two hours long???  I was able to buzz through it in about 40 minutes by skipping all the PrED and Jesse/Jenniffffffer scenes.  I can't even hate-watch them at this point.

Your live snark on it was hilarious!!  I won't sit through this iteration of 90DF live, but I look forward to reading the thread later!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hola peeps! Fair warning, I took my son out dinner tonight and drank many glasses of rose. I may not make it through. But I will persevere. 

If Debbie can get through the episode drunk, so can you!

• LOL 7

He did make Natalie's hair look nice. Just hope there's no humidity...

Oops I might've spoke too soon- her hair already looked different by the time she got to the date.

• Love 3