Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Circle of Distrust

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I watched season 1 but never thought what Kim said would haunt Kyle to this day. At the time I was floored by what Kyle said about Kim, now I feel bad for Kyle. What Kim said was so damaging. People have empathy for alcoholics, not so much for thieves who steal from their own family.

I know everyone likes to shit on Kyle and the GD house jokes can be funny, but does anyone actually believe Kim? She never had anything to back up her claim. What Kyle said on the other hand made perfect sense. I think Kyle can be a lot of things, but I don't think she'd steal her sister's house. 

That said, I'm still suspicious of Mauricio. 

Were you a fan of Kim when she was a child star?

I ask because I had never heard of Kim before the first season so I had no residual feelings of affection for her. She seemed like a classic alcoholic and so I immediately knew the dynamic between an adult child and her alcoholic or drug addicted sibling. 

I also never thought of the revelation of Kim being an alcoholic as being such a horrendous secret. As AA preaches, you are only as sick as your secrets and I would imagine the whole family and many other people were subjected to Kim's alcoholic behavior. As the seasons played out it became more and more apparent what Kyle put up with.

I assumed that Kyle and Mauricio had provided significant financial support to Kim and her children since she had no employment for many years - perhaps she was surviving on child support? But an addict can run through money pretty quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 9:24 PM, amarante said:

Were you a fan of Kim when she was a child star?

I ask because I had never heard of Kim before the first season so I had no residual feelings of affection for her. She seemed like a classic alcoholic and so I immediately knew the dynamic between an adult child and her alcoholic or drug addicted sibling. 

I also never thought of the revelation of Kim being an alcoholic as being such a horrendous secret. As AA preaches, you are only as sick as your secrets and I would imagine the whole family and many other people were subjected to Kim's alcoholic behavior. As the seasons played out it became more and more apparent what Kyle put up with.

I assumed that Kyle and Mauricio had provided significant financial support to Kim and her children since she had no employment for many years - perhaps she was surviving on child support? But an addict can run through money pretty quickly. 

No, I didn't exist in the 70s. I had heard of the Hilton sisters and remember I saw Kyle defending Paris, but that was about it as far as my knowledge of the family. 

I felt bad for Kim because at the time she seemed so fragile. She didn't have any really bad moments her first season. The first time I really disliked her behavior was probably Game Night. Season 1, she seemed kind, nervous, and fragile. Kyle came across a lot stronger. I agree that as the seasons went on, most of us felt for Kyle too. It can't be easy having a sibling like that. 

I also think Kyle and Mauricio have helped Kim throughout the years. 

• Love 3
On 8/11/2021 at 8:12 PM, Andi27 said:

Kathy stays out of the drama. She has a talent for it.

Omg when they’re all talking about how long they’ve known Erika and how close they are to her and Kathy says, deadpan: “I don’t know her at all.” Hee! 

• LOL 4