Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E07: If You Can't Stand the Heat...

• Start Topic

The chefs go head-to-head in today's challenge, each cooking up a different international cuisine against a chef from the opposing team. Later during dinner service, Chef Ramsay kicks a chef out of the kitchen for the first time this season.

Airdate: 07/12/2021

Kevin was surprisingly bad tonight, I can understand ejecting him. It made sense to eliminate nobody else. Megan took it too far for wanting to punch him in the throat. Trenton is looking stronger now, Steve would have not messed up had Kevin been able to cook the salmon faster.

Brynn was less annoying tonight by a lot, I think that this will be a season with only two guys in the final 7. Keona has stepped up a lot now tonight.

Stalker Josie strikes again! I hope she's getting paid for openly lusting after Gordon like that.

I want to like Sam, but he always seems full of barely contained rage.

And it looks like we're stuck with Antonio for a while.

Bonus: no crying Brynn! And that Flamingo reward actually looked relaxing.

• Love 1

No matter what else happens to him, Trenton will always have that fabulous memory of GR speaking with him one on one with positive, encouraging words.  Now, THAT'S a reward.

Having said that, this episode also had one of the best rewards for a group win-a relaxing day at a pool.  

I think there are several strong contenders emerging from this group.  However, I don't think Victoria (?) will last much longer.

Oh, and I'm surprised that these contestants didn't realize that GR is an amazing soccer player and only went into the culinary world because he had an injury that meant he could not become a professional soccer player.  Jessie better up her hero worship game.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I don't think I ever noticed Kevin before last night, but I felt really sorry for him. He just seemed so hapless and terrified.

He's the dude from last week who said he meditates before every task.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper the Cat said:

How come the girls on the reward didn’t get a cute guy to deliver them drinks?

Because it was a hotel pool and they were using hotel employees and there are no hot near naked MALE drink servers at the pools.

There used to be a reality show about one of the Vegas strip hotels and the cabana girls and female servers. It was a merry fest of misogyny, complete with weigh ins and the male, somewhat over the top asshole boss, bitching about the girls looks. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 11:49 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

He's the dude from last week who said he meditates before every task.

Here's an article about Kevin that seems to blow his "talent" out of proportion. The article gives him much more praise than what his sub-par performance showed. There is no way you can give GR under cooked seafood (3 times in succession) and expect to survive.

https://www.mashed.com/420958/the-truth-about-kevin-argueta-from-hells-kitchen-young-guns-season-1/

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, preeya said:

Here's an article about Kevin that seems to blow his "talent" out of proportion. The article gives him much more praise than what his sub-par performance showed. There is no way you can give GR under cooked seafood (3 times in succession) and expect to survive.

https://www.mashed.com/420958/the-truth-about-kevin-argueta-from-hells-kitchen-young-guns-season-1/

Seriously. I know Gordon is an unmitigated asshole on his shows, but the British version of his shows I've seen? He's very passionate about food and good cooking. He's a lot less assholish in those, and tries to be more of a mentor. I think that's why I can't hate him.

53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seriously. I know Gordon is an unmitigated asshole on his shows, but the British version of his shows I've seen? He's very passionate about food and good cooking. He's a lot less assholish in those, and tries to be more of a mentor. I think that's why I can't hate him.

Different audiences, producers, rating systems. U.S. reality shows are all about the drama/ratings not the content.

• Love 3