Type keyword(s) to search

Least Favorite Episode

Boy, I could fill this one up on my own!  I saw one last night that made me think about starting this topic.  It was the episode where Stephanie had a Mothers/Daughter sleep over with her Honey Bees or whatever that organization they belonged to was called.  Becky was suppose to go with her but was called away, so Joey volunteered to go in her place.  They get to the sleep over & the mom's and daughters are all in their jammies, so Stephanie & Joey change into theirs.  Of course, Joey embarrasses Stephanie right away by not knowing the correct version of Barbie doll they are playing with, so he begins talking about how he relates more to the Ken doll, Stephanie demands that he "Cuts It Out", using the same hand signals that he uses when someone pretends to laugh at one of his jokes, you know, the scissors thingy.  They then begin activities...first one is running around the coffee table with an egg in a spoon....wearing high heeled shoes.  A mom had a pair she could loan to Joey, of course, this mom wears like a size 5 because they only fit Joey to around the middle of the sole of his foot. He is pretending to run, then makes himself fall,  which embarrasses poor little motherless Stephanie even more.   Why in the world they did not change the game to make it equal by having everyone run on their tippy-toes or something is beyond me.  Of course, if they did that, then we could not get all weepy over this next dramatic scene.  They decide to go to the next activity, which is...Make Overs! Joey, being the good sport that he is, says he has been needing a good facial, when one of the mom's suggests that maybe they do something else.  Yes, all of those lucky Honey Bees, who are obviously not taught compassion or manners, start whining about how that is all they have been looking forward to doing, why can't they do make overs, it's not fair, etc.  This really sends Stephanie into a tizzy, she cries out 'Because of me! That is why you can't do make over, because I DO NOT HAVE  MOTHER!' then goes running out of the house.  Joey chases after her. 

Now, we are talking about the mid to late 80's here, not the 1950's.  I am sure that Stephanie Tanner is not the only girl in the whole San Francisco Bay Area that does not have a mother. That sure is the impression that we are given though.

What really pissed me off about this is Stephanie should have felt lucky that anyone was even willing to go with her to that stupid sleep over.  Instead of being grateful to Joey, it was as if she was blaming him & was being so rude to him.  He should have thrown back at her the saying that she always exclaims 'How Rude!'.

• Love 3

The Last Dance aka Papouli Dies Ugh

Hands down the most emotionally manipulative 22 minutes I have ever witnessed in my life. A character we actually knew about had died, rather than one who spent no more than 10 minutes on screen.  I despise the way this show deals with death. Here, we have an episode about a relative dying, and the show chooses to focus on… Michelle? This is another example of Full House using a small child to manipulate our emotions, and it does it at the expense of being brave enough to actually confront a death with the use of mature characters.

Also how dumb and random was DJ and Kimmy’s fight over a pair of sunglasses?! They couldn’t have come up with anything better than that? One of the dumbest subplots ever.

• Love 2

The trip to Disney World.

I know Stephanie can be annoying, but it was really shitty of everyone to get mad at her when Michelle is the rude one who budged in line and then couldn't understand why she was still upset after Michelle was found. But don't worry, Michelle let's her princess for the rest of the day at around 5pm. So generous, that one. Not that Danny would know what was going on with his kids, because he left the girls to fend for themselves in an amusement park they'd never been to before.

And don't get me started on Disney posting pictures of children ALL OVER THE PARK, because that's not creepy or an invitation for trouble at all.

Wake Up San Francisco  must pay very well if Danny could propose to Vicky with fireworks that spelled out "VICKY WILL YOU MARRY ME" over the castle at Disney. Last minute too, because his other proposals, like the lunch date one, were conveniently interrupted.

They stayed at the Grand Floridian, the fanciest of the Disney hotels but somehow affordable enough for a high school student like Steve. As for Kimmy, it's been explained before that her parents hate her, and will pay for her to go on Tanner vacations just to be rid of her for a few days.

I know when sitcoms do destination episodes it's all once-in-a-lifetime stuff but I do want a LITTLE bit of reality.

• Love 6

I actually didn't mind the Disney World episode too much, but I agree with the Stavros and Papouli episodes.

In fact, I'd say just about all of the episodes in Season 7 and Season 8 are my least favorites. There were a few semi-amusing moments, but I can barely tolerate such plots as Michelle's feet being too big, Michelle convincing her family not to move, or pretty much anything involving Joey. I suppose Season 8 was slightly more watchable than Season 7; at least it had that silly band episode (and its not-at-all-dated nod to Ace of Base).

• Love 1

Caught the ending of the episode last night where the twins were born,  first of all, for newborns, they look to be about 3 months old. Second, I do not recall it ever being mentioned again after this episode, that Michelle and the twins shared a birthday?

I did not watch this show too much while it was on prime time.  When I saw it for the first time, I thought that Uncle Jessie (UJ) was really Michelle's dad & she called him 'Uncle Jessie' cuz that's what the other 2 girls called him.  But anything big in Michelle's life seemed to be handled more by UJ than by her own dad.  The episode where Jessie & Rebecca got married & Michelle thought the whole family was moving to Aunt Becky's house was just too much.  She & UJ acting as if they are moving to another country & will never see each other again.

Just saw a bit of an episode now where the twins are a couple of years old & Danny is obsessed with them.  He was actually sitting in the bathtub with them! But Becky got upset at how much attention he was paying to them and trying to take over as the parent.  Hello!?  Your husband as been doing this same thing to Danny's youngest for how many years? 

• Love 5

One of my least favorites was the episode where DJ and Stefanie kept getting blamed for the things that Michelle was doing. What put it over the top was when Michelle brought her pool into the kitchen and Danny stepped in it.... and blamed the girls. I actually think I screamed at my TV on this one. 

• Love 8
On 9/25/2017 at 4:31 AM, mj2000 said:

One of my least favorites was the episode where DJ and Stefanie kept getting blamed for the things that Michelle was doing. What put it over the top was when Michelle brought her pool into the kitchen and Danny stepped in it.... and blamed the girls. I actually think I screamed at my TV on this one. 

I hated this one, too.  This one and the Disney World episodes.  It pissed me off that Michelle kept getting her way before they got to WDW, cut in front of Stephanie to become the princess, was a horrible brat the whole day before running away resulting in everyone having to give up a day in the park just to look for her, and then they act like the is such a selfless person because she let Stephanie wear the tiara and be in the parade.  Of course, I hated Michelle so any episode where she was an obnoxious brat and it gets ignored is going to be at the top of my dislike list.

• Love 5
On 2/20/2015 at 0:41 AM, alegtostandon said:

I did not watch this show too much while it was on prime time.  When I saw it for the first time, I thought that Uncle Jessie (UJ) was really Michelle's dad & she called him 'Uncle Jessie' cuz that's what the other 2 girls called him.  But anything big in Michelle's life seemed to be handled more by UJ than by her own dad.  The episode where Jessie & Rebecca got married & Michelle thought the whole family was moving to Aunt Becky's house was just too much.  She & UJ acting as if they are moving to another country & will never see each other again.

Just saw a bit of an episode now where the twins are a couple of years old & Danny is obsessed with them.  He was actually sitting in the bathtub with them! But Becky got upset at how much attention he was paying to them and trying to take over as the parent.  Hello!?  Your husband as been doing this same thing to Danny's youngest for how many years? 

Yea this made no sense. How did a 4 year old being upset about her uncle getting married and moving out of the house turn into him and becky staying and living in the attic? Like you said they weren't moving to another country, they were moving in the same city. If I was Becky, that would be unacceptable lol

Also, is it me or were the twins the same age for a very long time? They just never seemed to get older looking.

• Love 2
On 9/27/2017 at 11:00 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Yea this made no sense. How did a 4 year old being upset about her uncle getting married and moving out of the house turn into him and becky staying and living in the attic? Like you said they weren't moving to another country, they were moving in the same city. If I was Becky, that would be unacceptable lol

Also, is it me or were the twins the same age for a very long time? They just never seemed to get older looking.

I thought the opposite about the twins. They aged like two years in one summer.  It was my first experience with rapid TV baby aging. I remember my mom explaining to me that TV just does that sometimes.

On 9/25/2017 at 5:31 AM, mj2000 said:

I also hated this episode, but it was very true to how my life was as a child.

A frequently-retold family story is that when my little sister accidentally closed a door on my finger, I got in trouble for it (my finger shouldn't have been there and I should have known better). A week later when I accidentally closed a door on her finger, I still got in trouble for it (I should have known to check to see if her finger was there and was being careless). We were 6 and 8 years old - it's not like she was a baby.

• Love 2
On 10/1/2017 at 6:25 PM, secnarf said:

I also hated this episode, but it was very true to how my life was as a child.

A frequently-retold family story is that when my little sister accidentally closed a door on my finger, I got in trouble for it (my finger shouldn't have been there and I should have known better). A week later when I accidentally closed a door on her finger, I still got in trouble for it (I should have known to check to see if her finger was there and was being careless). We were 6 and 8 years old - it's not like she was a baby.

That was pretty much my entire childhood.  As the oldest, I could never win. 

• Love 1
On 9/26/2017 at 2:18 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I hated this one, too.  This one and the Disney World episodes.  It pissed me off that Michelle kept getting her way before they got to WDW, cut in front of Stephanie to become the princess, was a horrible brat the whole day before running away resulting in everyone having to give up a day in the park just to look for her, and then they act like the is such a selfless person because she let Stephanie wear the tiara and be in the parade.  Of course, I hated Michelle so any episode where she was an obnoxious brat and it gets ignored is going to be at the top of my dislike list.

Don't forget about the one where the girls find a parrot that belongs to an electronics salesman so he offers them anything in the store. DJ wants a big screen TV and Stephanie wants a karaoke machine. They argue, Danny tells Michelle she is the deciding vote. Michelle ends up getting a stupid cardboard cutout of the salesman. What on earth? Why would anyone allow her to do that? And why did she get to pick and the other girls had no say? I hate Michelle and am glad she isn't on Fuller House. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Don't forget about the one where the girls find a parrot that belongs to an electronics salesman so he offers them anything in the store. DJ wants a big screen TV and Stephanie wants a karaoke machine. They argue, Danny tells Michelle she is the deciding vote. Michelle ends up getting a stupid cardboard cutout of the salesman. What on earth? Why would anyone allow her to do that? And why did she get to pick and the other girls had no say? I hate Michelle and am glad she isn't on Fuller House. 

Oh I hated that too, also to imagine that a little girl like that with so many option would want a card board cut out? What was she going to do with it? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Least favorite episodes:

• When the family from Greece visited and they wore those over the top “traditional” get ups and kept making ridiculous statements about how D.J. is now married because she walked with her distant cousin around the room or something. That was cringe and low key offensive. Like the show’s producers said hey, how hilarious would it we if we did an “ethnic” show and make a heritage a total inaccurate caricature?? Ahahahaha! 🙄
  • When Steve “married” Michelle and Michelle threw a tantrum when she learned it wasn’t real.  What made me ragey was her whining. “I thought we were mayyyweeed.” SHUT UP YOU ANNOYING LITTLE IDIOT. 
  • When Deej and Steph had tickets to see The Counting Crows but Danny forced one of them to stay home because “it’s Michelle’s turn”. What in the actual hell kind of rule is that? That smug little goblin had no clue who that band was, plus she wasn’t even old enough to go. Danny was a shit parent. 
  • Disney World. Michelle’s entitlement. So. Much. Hate. 
  • Kimmy’s sweet 16. In the time that it took the family to cobble that random assortment of utter shit together, one adult could have run out for Chinese take out, one adult could have run to a grocery store to grab flowers and a cake or cupcakes, and still have three adults left over. They live in San Francisco for shit’s sake. One of the most lauded culinary cities on earth. They had their pick of a ton of late night eateries. A hash brown cake and toilet paper decorations?? Come on.
Edited by Mrs. Landingham
  • Love 4