Type keyword(s) to search

FBoy Island - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Going towards the end and not knowing who Sarah was going to pick I finally had to force myself to think, okay the only way I can understand this is if all 3 women were paid/forced to keep 1 FBoy around. 

I thought that in the end Sarah wants excitement or she wants blond babies. Feel like this series is a 10-hour lesson on confirmation bias. People discard the evidence they don't want to believe.

Also Nakia - Fernando is a chiropractor and an Olympian and a grown-ass man. Jared pouts like a toddlers when he doesn't get his way. SMH.

Lastly - I laughed every time Hawaiian Kevin was on the screen. Who? Exactly. At least he got 10 free weeks in the Caymans for getting 0 screen time. 

2 hours ago, PokerNerd said:

Justice for Garrett!  He's an asshole, but he played the game according to the rules he was given and he picked the girl stupid enough to fall for it. 

Yeah I have no idea how this show is supposed to attract FBoys to it when they've made it clear they're just going to punish the FBoys for winning.

2 hours ago, PokerNerd said:

Also Nakia - Fernando is a chiropractor and an Olympian and a grown-ass man. Jared pouts like a toddlers when he doesn't get his way. SMH.

I have read online theories that Nakia and Jared had a partnership just to get the money.  At least that would make sense to me.  

On 8/16/2021 at 1:50 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I didn't watch the entirety of the last episode or two, so I wasn't sure: 

Was it implied that Sarah slept with Garrett? I did catch that CJ was shown in bed the morning after with New Jarrett and I think Casey, Sarah was shown in bed the next morning with her Nice Guy, but I didn't remember or process who else got bed privileges.

In the case of shows like this, and how they're set up, we probably need to be explicit and ask if they had sex. 

I actually think none of them had sex. And I don't think that just because they all woke up clothed. 

Garrett was such a clear and obvious scumbag though, if they didn't have sex and he didn't do super-Kinky stuff she's in to, I admit to wondering why she picked him.  Yes, he's just playing a game. She's the mystery in this. I suppose the actual ending redeemed the show, but not her idiocy. 

On 8/22/2021 at 12:33 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah I have no idea how this show is supposed to attract FBoys to it when they've made it clear they're just going to punish the FBoys for winning.

I'm guessing that they'll have to change up the twist ending for season 2.  Or find a bunch of recruits who have never seen the show - which shouldn't be hard considering that there is only one season on a paid streaming platform.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:47 AM, PokerNerd said:

I thought that in the end Sarah wants excitement or she wants blond babies. Feel like this series is a 10-hour lesson on confirmation bias. People discard the evidence they don't want to believe.

What better way to get babies that look exactly like you other than by mating with someone who looks like your brother? Lol

In all seriousness, I thought Sarah was very sweet but unfortunately also very naive. And Garrett played her like a fiddle.  Hopefully she will meet her "nice guy" after this.

• Love 2

Interestingly enough, I saw Garrett and Josh of all people hanging out together in LA last week. They seemed very chummy, and they were literally taking pictures and videos of each other on their smart phones (lol). I will say both men are quite tall in real life. And Josh is just gorgeous.

A month+ late, but we finally finished this and OHMYGOD. SARAH. GIRL. Not surprising, but soooo dumb.

The finale was the only time I actually liked (maybe too strong a word...respected? Maybe) gross slimy Garrett, because he dropped the schmoozing act and stayed true to the selfish Fboy he has been all along. He was given a choice and chose exactly what his character represented. He was under no obligation to pretend to like Sarah or want a relationship with her anymore. Agree with a previous poster who said "Justice for Garrett!" Though I also agree with the poster who said that he was awful and just getting into her head and negging her. He is an awful, awful, gross person, but he was on the right show to be that person, and shouldn't necessarily get penalized for being that person on this show. 

Aaanyway. I find it hilarious that he and Josh are hanging out together. I think Josh's antenna is broken too lol. Josh, you're a mature hottie with a super sexy voice, why are you trying to hang with fratty baby losers like Sarah and Garrett? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Season 2 starts Thursday! Woo hoo! HBO Max is dropping the first 3 episodes Thursday morning. I'm kind of hoping that some of the guys from Love Is Blind season 2 are playing, because there were a few that would be perfect for this show, but that's probably too much to ask for.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 2
(edited)

No guys from Love is Blind, but I now know why I didn't trust Colby from The Ultimatum...he reminded me of "The Baby-Faced Assassin", Casey,  from season one of FBoy Island.  And speaking of Season 1, 3 FBoys from season 1 are back to play season 2: 

Spoiler

Peter, who was kicked off first last season, Garrett, who has the most slappable face ever, and Casey the "baby-faced assassin".

The ladies have pretty good FBoy radar. but they still go for the FBoys over the nice guys. I was pretty surprised that one of the guys I had pegged as an FBoy was actually a nice guy, but of course they sent him home.

ETA: Lukascz....ugh. He looked like he was wearing his grandpa's false teeth. 

Edited by NeenerNeener
5 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

ETA: Lukascz....ugh. He looked like he was wearing his grandpa's false teeth. 

Okay, I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering if Lukascz purchased his teeth during a Spirit Halloween end of season sale. Where is he finding woman who would find him and his enormous chompers attractive? School for the Blind singles mixers?!?!?

Also, shut up New Jersey stereotype whose name I can't remember. Instead of obsessing over Peter, why don't you make like a spicy meatball and talk to Mia? Not all of these guys are fboys, but most of them are f'ing idiots. 

I don't see Benedict headlining a show at the Comedy Store anytime soon. He's trying SOOOOO hard. Imagine the pain of sitting through his open mic set. 

Booooooooooooo Garrett! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I lost at least half of my brain cells listening to Nikolay trying to form sentences. Someone buy him a Thesaurus for the Chronically Stupid: Illustrated Edition to take with him to Limbro. 

Mia at least invisible Carlos is way hotter than Uncle Brant -- which side of the family does he belong too? -- from the Wedding. Girl, what are you thinking?

I can't wait for Mercedes to get his overly-confident buffoon balloon punctured. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2022 at 11:12 PM, ZeeEnnui said:

I can't wait for Mercedes to get his overly-confident buffoon balloon punctured. 

Your wait is over in episode 206. 

Mia, Mia, Mia. Why are you so shocked that all the guys you were attracted to were FBoys? I'll have to go back and watch the first 10 minutes of the first episode, but I remember somebody claiming that they liked taming FBoys, and I think it was you.

Anyway, this is still trashy fun. The IMDB says we've got 4 more episodes to go, 2 next week and 2 the week after, but the promo at the end of 206 made it seem like we're at the end next week at 208.

• Love 3

This season isn't working for me.

• The girls seem to want Fboys. One even hesitated when another said they'd all leave with good guys.
  • What is the definition of an Fboy if one can have a girlfriend outside the show? I thought they were anti commitment.
  • The women seem to want guys who have game, but nice guys often don't have game, while Fboys do. It's too muddled,  making it just another dating show.
  • Recycling guys from the previous season and claiming they're reformed is lame.

Mia is smart and awesome, I will say. The blonde is funny looking and the pink-haired girl is pretty but that dark stripe in her hair is bugging me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

This season isn't working for me.

• The girls seem to want Fboys. One even hesitated when another said they'd all leave with good guys.
  • What is the definition of an Fboy if one can have a girlfriend outside the show? I thought they were anti commitment.
  • The women seem to want guys who have game, but nice guys often don't have game, while Fboys do. It's too muddled,  making it just another dating show.
  • Recycling guys from the previous season and claiming they're reformed is lame.

Mia is smart and awesome, I will say. The blonde is funny looking and the pink-haired girl is pretty but that dark stripe in her hair is bugging me.

Yeah, I gotta agree. Deep down none of these women (this season or last) truly want a nice guy. If you wanted a real relationship, you wouldn't be competing on reality TV for a cash prize. The only reason they might choose a nice guy in the end is because they want a cash payout and some Instagram clout. That's it. This isn't about love, it's about getting free bottle service during appearances at the club post-show. 

For me, the only couple that will ever go the distance in this show are Casey and Garrett. That's true love, bro-by. 

The body-casting session was so cringe. "He really got in there." Um....yes, your butt crack is the only crack that you want in an ass mold. If you wanted to play it safe, you could have had Mercedes cast your elbow. Also, I don't like anything about Mercedes but I really hate his voice. There is something about it that I find really annoying. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Ngl, I unabashedly love this show. It's a lot easier not giving an eff if any of the supposed couples end up together! I see it more as a guessing game that the audience can play along with. (I sadly did not predict Danny as an FBoy, but literally said to myself, "geez, that looks like a modeling photo shoot" when they showed Benedict's "wedding" pics.) Nikki Glaser is hilarious, genuine, and just goofy/lewd enough. I like the camaraderie among the girls and both the cattiness and brodowns among the boys. (Though any guy who excuses something as "locker room talk" can gtfo.) The ladies' fashion is fun to look at (ah, to be young again), and the scenery seems more beautiful and a little more high class than the other cheesy dating shows I've watched. (Lookin' at you, Islands of the Love and Temptation variety.) I crack up at the weird interstitials (*bird squawks* GIVE US BREAD. WE JUST WANT BREAD!) and visits to Limbro and the Nice Guy Villa (Mike D. is a standout). It seems everyone in their 20s/30s is already an IG "influencer" or wants to be one, so anyone's claims of a future relationship are served with a big ol' grain of sea salt; I just enjoy the ride.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Danny is an FBOY. Called it! I love it when I'm right. I was actually beginning to doubt it when he stayed with Mia during her medical meltdown. But in the end, I knew it. LOL.This is based solely on the fact that I thought he looked and sounded like someone who auditions for the role of "mobster wannabe #3" at auditions. 

Not sure that I buy Casey as a reformed Fboy. Yet. Not saying an Fboy can't change his sateen tiger stripes but...not that quickly. More like the wrong side of 35 is when that baby face starts to have a few lines is when I see Casey morphing into a "nice guy."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Watch out, Louise. If you don't choose Benedict, pretty sure that Nikki's going to take him home with her. 

Watched a podcast with Nikki where they asked her if she had any interactions with the guys off-camera.  She said she has been plenty tempted but she likes her job.😎

• Wink 1

Well, that was new. Tamaris switched out Tom for Niko at the "Mansplain", and then dumped both guys and kept all the money. I didn't know the girls could opt to kick both guys to the curb and keep all the money. I wonder why the other two girls didn't do it. 

Mercedes is such a smooth liar, and Louise is an idiot. At least he's splitting the money, but I don't see that becoming a relationship outside of the show.

Mia and Peter....that could work outside of the show. It probably won't, but it could.

Ha ha, Casey! You got played by a better assassin!

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 3

Louise could not have looked more disinterested while Benedict was receiving a tongue bath from the other guys. That or she took a muscle relaxant. That girl has no interest in a nice guy. What's so hilarious that these girls can't admit it. Your 20s are when you fall into the FBOY trap, you need to get past the ordering midori sour part of your adult journey to recognize that you need a nice (or just stable, mature and cool) guy. 

I guess Lukasz and his false teeth are now expanding their inexplicable game from blind women to douchebags like Mercedes. What a journey. 

Tom gives me major drama goth vibes. He reads the required reading from Poetry 101 while his guy-liner runs down his face, gets super intense about eternity, and his mixtapes  (like his personality) are a LOT. 

Okay, why was Nikolay wearing a shirt stolen from the set of Joe Dirt? 

Edited by ZeeEnnui
left out a word
  • LOL 4

Hah, we guessed it! A lot of us could see F-girl vibes coming off the women. I didn't pick a specific one, but to say I'm not surprised is an understatement. I never bought she was into any of them, but the guys sure were snowed. She said she doesn't want to get married, no kids, loves money best. None of that sounds like a woman looking for love, romance or a relationship. She's as shallow as the F-boy guys, so I never bought she had strong feelings for any of them, even Niko. TBH, her coldness at the end creeped me out.

Lol about Casey. I wonder if he'll be back yet again, now that he's "reformed" and all.

Mia and Peter were communicating before the show, so now I'm thinking they might have already been together. I wouldn't be surprised.

I agree about Louise and how she wants guys who act like F-boys. I think she's close to an F-girl, too.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I really enjoyed this season!

Unfortunately I can't post during the season because people post spoilers and they release episodes totally randomly here in Canada.  Two episodes here, three here, there's no rhyme or reason and how would we keep track of who watched what when?

Anyway, I kind of bought Mercedes and Peter as being reformed and then at the VERY END I thought Peter was going to screw over Mia.  He was acting soooo squirrelly.   I guess it was on purpose for the drama.

I did not like Danny at all - nothing about him is attractive to me - and I thought for sure he would screw over Mia.  I was wrong about that too.

I assume Benedict is nice and all but his face - all I see is Botox Botox Botox.  it drove me nuts.

I am so attracted to Casey that I could honestly picture giving up $50K for him.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2022 at 9:32 PM, ZeeEnnui said:

Your 20s are when you fall into the FBOY trap, you need to get past the ordering midori sour part of your adult journey to recognize that you need a nice (or just stable, mature and cool) guy. 

It's not really the women's fault that that's the design of the show.  They ONLY pick women in their 20s with insanely good bodies who are young and beautiful so ...... I don't blame the women one tiny bit?

On 7/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, Andromeda said:

Mia is smart and awesome, I will say. 

Smart?  I can't say I agree!  

I did love Nikki.

• Love 1

Mercedes is the greatest Fboy to play the game? I don't think being a dick and then splitting the money with Louise (whose facial expression is now permanently set to lobotomy post-op) makes you a legend. It just means you banged a girl on TV, got $50k to boost your profile at your local douche cantina, and will probably be on the prowl again as soon as the reunion episode airs. Deluded douche. 

Now if we want to talk about LEGENDS. Tamaris! Respect, girl. You take that money all the way to the salon for some better quality hair extensions.

Poor, Casey. I'll comfort you, but only for one night. I don't believe he's really that reformed. 

Edited by ZeeEnnui
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

The whole season my husband and I kept saying why did they cast Tamaris, an obvious fuck girl? Well, now we know! We thought that Louise seemed like a fuck girl, too, but Tamaris was over the top saying she doesn’t want marriage or kids and cheats and screws with guys’ feelings, lies to men, etc. Louise might like to fuck men, but Tamaris likes to fuck with men. Then we have our sweet Mia, the only genuine girl I was rooting for in the bunch.

As soon as they announced the twist, I knew Tamaris was going to keep the money—but I also thought Peter and Mercedes were going to keep the money. But cynical me thinks $50,000 and being able to screw any girl you want at home because you’re a Certified Nice Guy As Seen On TV, is better than $100,000 and being branded a villainous FBoy for life, enduring wrath on social media, and no girl ever coming anywhere near you again. 

Knowing that Tamaris was there for the money, I think she knew that there’s no way she could have brought Tom to the overnights and ultimately dump him without needing to put him in some type of in-patient care. The show doesn’t want the liability of putting such an emotionally fragile man through the ringer. I’m sure Tamaris and the show were like you need to swap out Tom now. Nikolai was a good option for some Fgirl fun.

Her other option Casey is such a cutie with that smile! He would have been my favorite…if I were 20 years younger. Although Casey was a nice guy this season, there’s no way he was as into Tamaris as he was with the girl from season 1. Was it KC and Casey? Anyway, I’ll call her KC. I truly believed those two fell in love—or at least serious lust because they were crazy about each other. Tamaris was pretty, but her personality is—and I’m stealing this from this season of The Bachelorette—rough around the edges. You can tell she’s a Bronx girl. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but KC was like a “demure flower” in comparison, and I just don’t believe that they were both Casey’s “type.” So I think for him, $50,000 is better than nothing and I’m going to redeem myself—and this is the girl who ran up to me when I walked into the door, so this is my girl this season, like it or not.

We knew Louise would pick Mercedes’ this entire season, but I think Benedict definitely set himself up to be a contestant on FGirl Island, if they make a spin-off. I think we’ll be seeing him again.

Danny also grew on me. I spent the first handful of episodes yelling at my TV, why are they keeping this guy?!? But then he was so sweet with Mia that I had a complete change of heart on him. I do think he actually would have wanted to continue a relationship with Mia. He was kind of doubling down on “this is why I’m an FBoy” at the end, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they also brought him back, too, as a “reformed FBoy””—but, surprise, I’m not falling for getting my heart broken again, so I’m keeping the money.

Peter is a whiny bitch. He kept running away every time he didn’t get complete attention. I doubt they’re still together. I think Mia is going to regret choosing him.

Mercedes? Talk about the greatest FBoy in history…splitting the money? Okay…. Though, I imagine them going to the airport all lovey-dovey to return home, and Louise turns around for a minute, and Mercedes disappears without a trace .

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

But cynical me thinks $50,000 and being able to screw any girl you want at home because you’re a Certified Nice Guy As Seen On TV, is better than $100,000 and being branded a villainous FBoy for life, enduring wrath on social media, and no girl ever coming anywhere near you again. 

LOL! So true!!

CW seems to have made some changes when they took over. The eliminated guys are going home instead of to "Limbro". I wonder if Limbro was too expensive.

I'd love to know what other show Vince was on. Was he on a different season of Bachelorette or Love Is Blind?

Jared has to be an FBoy.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 3

Oh, Daniella, you can't change an FBoy, especially not one who lists his occupation as "model". She knows what Jared is and she just doesn't care. I'm going to be really disgusted if she keeps him around until the end and he walks away with the 100 grand.

Episode one was a decent attempt to identify and get rid of some FBoys. Episode two was the purge of the guys they found physically unattractive, period. It was purely accidental that Katie got rid of an FBoy who tried to hide his douchiness behind a pair of glasses and a buttoned up shirt.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 10/16/2023 at 7:56 PM, NeenerNeener said:

I'd love to know what other show Vince was on. Was he on a different season of Bachelorette or Love Is Blind?

He was on a Amazon Prime show called "The One Who Got Away".

• Like 1
On 10/31/2023 at 10:19 AM, HerkyJerky said:

He was on a Amazon Prime show called "The One Who Got Away".

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. And I thought I'd seen all the cheesy dating shows...

ETA: I guess I had seen "The One That Got Away" and had forgotten about it. So many dating shows; they all start to blend together after awhile.

Edited by NeenerNeener
On 10/30/2023 at 9:47 PM, mommalib said:

I don't care for Hali, there is something about her attitude. 

And she just found out her final three are all F* Boys. At the beginning of the season I would have said she'd have no trouble spotting the F* Boys. Maybe she actually did, but she just didn't find any of the nice guys attractive. Of course Daniella didn't do that much better, only 1 nice guy and 2 F* Boys.

Poor Vince probably blew it with Katie when he blurted out a premature "I love you". But she seems to be more into F* Boy Benedict anyway.

• Like 1

Daniella just can't seem to quit Jared, even knowing now that he's a FBoy. She's going to hand him the 100k, her car keys, house keys, her ATM card and the pin number, isn't she? And then be hurt and confused when he walks away.

Hali hitting her FBoys in the face with whipped cream pies was the best part of this episode.

I won't be a bit surprised if Katie decides to keep Benedict and send Marco home instead. Hell, even Marco is in love with Benedict.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 3
On 11/25/2023 at 7:35 AM, NeenerNeener said:

Daniella just can't seem to quit Jared, even knowing now that he's a FBoy. She's going to hand him the 100k, her car keys, house keys, her ATM card and the pin number, isn't she? And then be hurt and confused when he walks away.

Hali hitting her FBoys in the face with whipped cream pies was the best part of this episode.

I won't be a bit surprised if Katie decides to keep Benedict and send Marco home instead. Hell, even Marco is in love with Benedict.

I thought Daniella was really into CJ—more than Jared. I was shocked that she sent Cj home. In earlier episodes. Jared was bragging that he’s here for the money and has no interest in her. I feel like Daniella got herself so worked up questioning CJ because she liked him so much, that she totally overlooked that Jared is the biggest FBoy in the house. Well, him and Mercedes—but Hali is completely going to pick him anyway. Katie is vomiting because she wants to keep Benedict but is afraid of getting her heart broken, losing money, and being humiliated on tv. But, come on, Marco has zero chance of winning over her heart. She’s going to keep Benedict to try to give him a chance to earn her trust, but she already has the safe bet of Vince, who is in love with her if Benny can’t pull through in time.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I thought Daniella was really into CJ—more than Jared. I was shocked that she sent Cj home. In earlier episodes. Jared was bragging that he’s here for the money and has no interest in her. I feel like Daniella got herself so worked up questioning CJ because she liked him so much, that she totally overlooked that Jared is the biggest FBoy in the house. Well, him and Mercedes—but Hali is completely going to pick him anyway. Katie is vomiting because she wants to keep Benedict but is afraid of getting her heart broken, losing money, and being humiliated on tv. But, come on, Marco has zero chance of winning over her heart. She’s going to keep Benedict to try to give him a chance to earn her trust, but she already has the safe bet of Vince, who is in love with her if Benny can’t pull through in time.

I found Daniella completely incomprehensible this episode--well her keeping Jared around throughout the whole season is incomprehensible so maybe "this episode" is redundant.  The only thing that I can think of is that she seriously thinks that she is going to change Jared or that she is hoping that she can do what Tiamaris did last year and keep the money herself.  The only reason she kept Christian was so that she looked like she was keeping a nice guy.  She clearly has no interest in him.

Edited by call me ishmael
spelling
  • Like 4

So the episode description for tonight claims "Yes, Virginia, there is a Limbro!" this season after all. We just didn't get to see it, which is too bad because some of those glimpses of the guys in Limbro were hilarious.

"Most Vulnerable Player" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) 

Nikki frees the eliminated guys from Limbro to Mansplain! The ladies are shocked at what they hear, leaving their top two in jeopardy heading into the finale (309). 

Daniella is going to keep Jared, Katie is going to kick Marco to the curb and I have no idea what Hali is going to do with her trio of sleaze balls. I hope she gets to hit them in the face with pies again.

ETA after the episode: So Daniella and Hali kept the biggest players, and Katie seems to be "Benedictmatized" as well for all of her professions that she prefers nice guys.

From the looks of the previews for the finale they probably all pick FBoys.

It looks like Daniella picks Jared and he picks the money. He has to be one of the best to play this game (sorry, Mercedes) because he also worked all the guys in Limbro and had a lot of fans during the Mansplain. I did not see that coming; I expected the guys to really unload on him. I guess Daniella wasn't the only one seduced by his charm offensive.

I'll be surprised if Katie doesn't pick Benedict, although I didn't expect all the hate for Vince in the Mansplain. Bragging that he had Katie locked down after their first big date rubbed a lot of the guys the wrong way and they punished him for it in the Mansplain.

Hali's got two FBoys and seems to prefer Mercedes so she's toast anyway.

I'll be surprised if Jared splits the money with D after all his confessionals because she looks really hurt (as I expected) in the previews for next week, but the previews could be misleading.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 2

What the hell did I just watch?! That mansplain was bonkers! Up is down and I’m questioning reality. In what world are all of these men propping up Jared and Mercedes, while knocking down Christian and Vince?! Jared and Mercedes are so good at being FBoys, that they even smooth-talked all of the other boys. They’re good enough not to let the sheep’s clothing slip at all. Meanwhile, Vince (especially) and Christian were so “nice” and simping for their lady, that the guys think they’re insincere. They were all shocked to learn at Benedict came in as an FBoy! I think he has that perfect mix of being a guy’s guy—it was obvious everyone likes him—but can also be very charming and effusive to Katie. Which is definitely giving FBoy vibes to me, but he’s not salivating to the camera over the $100K like both Mercedes and Jared are. those were some accusations they were throwing against Vince! I think I do recall him early on saying that they’ll get attention from this show, but that was before his whirlwind romance with Katie. I mean I guess he might be “FBoy lite” and be happy with winning $50,000 and not be as head over heels as he’s saying. But it was still surprising to hear so much Vince hate, despite the majority saying Katie should choose him. EJ is also someone who is there…somehow and for some reason…but it’s so obvious that he’s a placeholder until the end that it’s not even worth commenting on, other than EJ does seem to be the “better” brother than Keem, who seems immature and a wildcard.

Jared saying he can’t even hold a 20-minute conversation with Daniella and now he needs to spend 24 hours with her! Yikes! This poor woman just got gaslit by the whole cast that Jared is here for the right reasons. Let’s hope for her sake he’s right that he can’t keep up the facade all day/night. Oh, damn! If she only heard what he’s saying to the cameras about her being 9 years older than him and how she’s looking at him like he’s everything she wants—i don’t want her. 

Hali is telling Mercedes she’ll be more hurt by splitting the money and him leaving. Why are you giving him ammunition to just take the whole thing then and not even leave you with a consolation prize. Oh, wow, I’m almost falling for what Mercedes is saying about wanting a future with Hali. Maybe because he didn’t go running to the camera to trash talk her like Jared did. But now I understand why these women don’t know what they are getting into.

Vince is a “private person” and yet this is the second dating reality show he’s been on. Hmmm. If we didn’t already know he’s labeled himself a nice guy, I would be questioning it right now. Alright, I’m reading everything wrong this episode! Katie is all happy and possibly in love with him—or at least horny. But then she goes from “Benedict, who?” to saying Benedict instead of Vince—thankfully just to the camera and not to him.

• Like 3
On 11/25/2023 at 7:35 AM, NeenerNeener said:

Daniella going to do the same thing Sarah did in season 1. And Christian going to get the short end of the stick like Josh did. Another round of Black men aren't good enough no matter how good they are. 

Daniella surprised the hell out of me...bravo, editors, for making me think she was all in on Jared when she really did have a connection with Christian.

Mercedes has gotten the girl twice now. So far he is the best at the game, and Jared's punk @$$ was denied. 

Jared obviously worked all the guys in the house, though, because there was not much negative said about him during the Mainsplain. He must have saved all his  comments about his "take the money and run" plans for the confessionals.

I actually feel bad for Benedict. If he'd been brought on the show earlier, and as a "nice guy", he might have stood a better chance with Katie and Marco would have been punted out even earlier. But she has a mistrust of other comedians after years in the biz, so he was probably always doomed with her.

I hope CW doesn't cancel this and we get at least one more season. This is one of my really "guilty pleasures". I can only talk about this show here, as none of my friends or relations are in to this sort of cheesy reality show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1