Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: No One Is To Blame

• Start Topic

Maggie has been more likeable during the Sophie story line. I guess at least if they put her and Gary back together, she's on board with group relationship they all share? Is there a word for that? Not incestuous,  exactly. 

• Love 2
On 6/3/2021 at 2:05 AM, bybrandy said:

My dad did, twice.  Once my mom got an amazing job in another state and when that job ended and she wanted to be closer to her adult children (from her first marriage) and brand new grandchildren he moved again.  He, in fact, didn't take an amazing job he was offered because he assumed my mom wouldn't move to accommodate his job and when she found out about it she was really angry he didn't give her a chance.  It was such an amazing opportunity for him and he'd already moved once for her.

Wow, your Dad sounds like quite a guy and partner! 

• Love 3
On 6/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, tennisgurl said:

As I say every week, I loath this divorce story and how its seems to exist to first make me dislike Eddie, then dislike Katherine, even when I really should feel bad for both of them. I should feel bad that Eddie was in so much physical and emotional pain that he relapsed, and find it understandable after everything, but it was framed as him just being a low down addict lying to poor Katherine. I should feel bad for Katherine that her husband threw away all of the work they did to repair their marriage to relapse and lie to her about it, and find her anger understandable, but instead its being framed as her being mean and bitter to poor Eddie.

This is it in a nutshell, thanks, Tennisgurl. 

• Love 1
On 6/4/2021 at 12:43 AM, Chewy101 said:

Wow. I completely forgot about Charlie! Talk about tunnel vision on Eddie's part. 

I hate when I like a show but start to hate everyone in it. Do writers do this on purpose? Katherine went through hell and back forgiving Eddie and Deli-doo doo, only to be crapped on again and again. And now there is nowhere for her to go on the show. If her only connection to the rest of the cast is that weird baby child, bummer. 

There is nothing Sophie can do legally to bring her teacher to justice. Inappropriate is not the same thing as illegal. He is a tool, but I don't think he actually broke any laws besides indecent exposure? And if it was not in public, I guess even that doesn't stand. I despise social media, regularly having to apologizing to friends for not knowing what they ate for lunch, but since people seem so addicted to exposing themselves, Sophie should just expose him. Disgracing him would probably do the most harm.  

On a super shallow note, Regina's weird poodle bangs are hideous. 

I’m trying to think of an angle to go after that teacher....so, are we sure that Sophie was not a minor?  If not....Did Sophie pay for his professional services?  If so, they may be able to charge him with Obtaining Property By False Pretense.  If he is actually getting paid to get sexual thrills instead of the service he promises.....it’s a stretch, but something to perhaps get a search warrant. Who knows what else they might find.  

• Love 1

I predict that Sophie will try to use social media to take him down after being informed they can't charge him with anything. He will threaten a lawsuit, and it will look like Sophie is doomed, and then a bunch of other victims are going to come forward and she will be the heroine of the day.

Or, they are going To Catch a Predator him up with a fake student.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I predict that Sophie will try to use social media to take him down after being informed they can't charge him with anything. He will threaten a lawsuit, and it will look like Sophie is doomed, and then a bunch of other victims are going to come forward and she will be the heroine of the day.

Or, they are going To Catch a Predator him up with a fake student.

This. Either one will happen.

• Love 3
On 6/7/2021 at 8:12 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

Maggie has been more likeable during the Sophie story line. I guess at least if they put her and Gary back together, she's on board with group relationship they all share? Is there a word for that? Not incestuous,  exactly. 

Polyamorous, I think.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Though for the most part, I think they're doing the Sophie story well, I don't like her confidence that Layla killed herself because of Peter. Sophie knows NOTHING about Layla. She could have suffered from depression, and the pressure of music school put her over the edge. There could have been a bad break-up. I also wish that the story had Peter actually touching Sophie, like trying to move her hand only him. That would make calling the episode an assault more acceptable. I don't think what Sophie described constitutes an assault. Exposure, yes; assault, no.

I don't want Darcy to leave. She and Gary are so much better than Gary and Maggie. Lenox is only the other side of Massachusetts -- 2 hours' drive. Couldn't they do long distance for a while? Then Gary could move if he really loved her. (I know, he can't leave the friend group. But really, IRL he could.)

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, smartymarty said:

Though for the most part, I think they're doing the Sophie story well, I don't like her confidence that Layla killed herself because of Peter. Sophie knows NOTHING about Layla. She could have suffered from depression, and the pressure of music school put her over the edge. There could have been a bad break-up. I also wish that the story had Peter actually touching Sophie, like trying to move her hand only him. That would make calling the episode an assault more acceptable. I don't think what Sophie described constitutes an assault. Exposure, yes; assault, no.

I don't want Darcy to leave. She and Gary are so much better than Gary and Maggie. Lenox is only the other side of Massachusetts -- 2 hours' drive. Couldn't they do long distance for a while? Then Gary could move if he really loved her. (I know, he can't leave the friend group. But really, IRL he could.)

This, so much this.  Thank you for bringing up this issue about Layla's suicide.  I totally agree with you on the assault being actually a no; indecent exposure, yes.

Whatever it takes to keep Maggie from going back to Gary or Gary initiating the moment when the true love crapfest happens again, I'm all for.  I don't care that much about Darcy and her kid.  Poor Liam though.  His coping mechanism to deal with his parents' divorce is to highlight the advantages of the two gifts thing.

• Love 2
(edited)

I also thought that about Layla. This is a nighttime soap but it's only "a million little things" with Jon? She was at a vulnerable age and to say 100% that what happened to Sophie made her kill herself alone is a stretch unless there were many other things. Was she assaulted in another way also? Did she not have friends to talk too? Was she a delicate type, but they usually can't take the stress of this type of training. Why so long after she was in school? (6 mon?) Was it about grades or performance or something totally different. I feel that story line is weak. But then if the Gary part is real and not fantasy, the show has gone off the deep end.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 3