Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Mrs. Hanson

S06.04 Damage Control

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I cannot handle air blowing on me.

When I was in college in the 80's I was AMAZED at the guys who all seemed to have big box fans to sleep next to, to help them sleep.  I mean, it was a high percentage!  

 

10 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I do not move a muscle when I sleep, wake up in the same exact position I fell asleep in

You are my husband are interchangable.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/17/2021 at 8:04 PM, mittsigirl said:

Charlie said that he had only been doing the family business for 3-4 years. Anyone know what he was doing before that? He is plenty old enough to have been working for awhile now, but at what?

And yes, I do believe there is a lot of fraudin going on in this family business.

Kind of suspicious to me that Charlie has been in the biz (and possibly the business itself) has only existed in the same timeframe of Elizabeth and Andrei being on the 90 Day Franchise. 

Interesting, but not surprising info about the enterprise of the Corleones of Tampa

 

 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read so many comments on social media about this episode saying that Yara was controlling. I don't think she is. Jovi just admitted he fell asleep with the baby in his arm and the baby started crying because it was sliding out and he was upset Yara didn't trust him. This is the major cause of babies dying and Jovi cleàrly has not read any parenting book or listened to the hospital nurses. This is not some small bump or bruise. Babies die from caretakers falling asleep holding the baby.

Tiffany, please stop fighting with Ronald within ear shot of Daniel (and Carley). If you have to have hard conversations, wait until he is at school. He loves you. He seems to want this relationship so much with his dad. It must be confusing and painful for him to be hearing the people he loves fighting so often. We have all done it. I certainly have. But we all need to do better for these kids. You have the advantage of actually seeing yourself on TV, and what it looks like from his point of view. Sobering for us all.

Mike is so emotionally abusive and controlling. Ughhhh, I hate him so much. Yes, Natalie leans neurotic. But Mike is 100% that man in a relationship where he's passive aggressive and emotionally checked out enough to drive Natalie absolutely crazy, but where he can still maintain plausible deniability to his own toxic behavior. And WTF was that admission, "She can't move on from the past". Soooooo, some chick was sending you nudes. And didn't we just spend a whole season with him fussing about her taking off her ring? Mike is a dick. He's just low-key enough to where it's not his first impression.

I know Asuelu isn’t the sharpest tool, but Kalani and Kolini have no respect for him as a husband or as a man. Kolini has no business voicing an opinion abt whether or not Asuelu has changed and Kalani puts so much stock in her sister’s opinion that she absorbs it as if it’s her own and it’s just toxic to the marriage. It works both ways: if you want to focus on the positive aspects of your marriage, you’ll find them, but if you want to find the negative, there’s plenty of that too. That’s marriage... Kolini always emphasizes the negative and gets into Kalani’s head.

 

Edited by Hotel Snarker · Reason: Space
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, greekmom said:

I seriously want to know what Kalani saw in Asuelu to give up her virginity to him.  Did anyone notice how smug he was when he said he took her virginity during the sex role playing discussion?

I'm thinking having sex with Asuelu is like having sex with a 17 year old virgin.  I don't know why she even tries.

She doesn't know any better unfortunately for her.  Imagine if she stays with him and that is her only experience with sex.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

When I was in college in the 80's I was AMAZED at the guys who all seemed to have big box fans to sleep next to, to help them sleep.  I mean, it was a high percentage!  

 

You are my husband are interchangable.

Oh Lord, the memories about box fans coming back to me. I was totally paralyzed, on life support in the ICU, so could not talk, and a nurse set up a big box fan blowing right at my face! It was awful, and being winter, I had no idea why it was even needed.

I don't think that Yara is controlling that much. She was alone, away from her family for so long, and now she has a precious baby that needs her. I think that she needs this baby just as much as the baby needs her. I think she will be a wonderful Mom, she just had her 1st child, so it's just natural to be a Mama Bear with her. Compared to most of the Teen Mom franchise Mom's, Yara is a breath of fresh air when it comes to being a Mom!

Edited by mittsigirl · Reason: spelling matters
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, magemaud said:

 

 the Corleones of Tampa

 

 

"The Corleones of Tampa" HA I enjoyed that thank you! 

On 5/19/2021 at 1:35 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

 

Mike is so emotionally abusive and controlling. Ughhhh, I hate him so much. Yes, Natalie leans neurotic. But Mike is 100% that man in a relationship where he's passive aggressive and emotionally checked out enough to drive Natalie absolutely crazy, but where he can still maintain plausible deniability to his own toxic behavior. And WTF was that admission, "She can't move on from the past". Soooooo, some chick was sending you nudes. And didn't we just spend a whole season with him fussing about her taking off her ring? Mike is a dick. He's just low-key enough to where it's not his first impression.

1000% percent this with Big Mike he's an asshole. Our first impression was in Ukraine on her territory and we saw his best days. I have a feeling next ep his mother is going to tell us a lot about the real workings of Big Mike. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/17/2021 at 2:07 PM, Frozendiva said:

Wonder if his stand would have some nice, fat Bratwursts.

I don't think he would be much of a fan, Brats have a condom casing on them and he said those only slut people ate

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2021 at 7:22 PM, mittsigirl said:

I had problems getting my milk to come in with my 2nd baby, an older neighbor lady told me to drink a beer before I breastfed, she said the hops in the beer made the milk come, and boy, did it ever work well for me. I only drank half a beer at a time, and was never inebriated. Sometimes it helps to listen to the older women around you., who have been there, done that.

I was born at Boston Lying-In Hospital in 1954. Its now part of Brigham and Women's and is (and was) a teaching hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical School. New mothers were all given a beer after birth to build them up and bring in the milk supply (even though formula feeding was considered more scientific and hygienic in those days). 

On 5/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, sandwoman said:

I just watched. Yara seems like a totally normal brand new mom to me! Of course, she is hyper concerned about the baby. She's a brand new baby! It's all normal mothering hormones kicking in. And I think she's especially vigilant and nervous because she doesn't have her own mother around to help her and reassure her. I felt extremely isolated when my daughter was an infant, I'm sure it's all going to be compounded for her when Jovi goes away. Although he doesn't seem much help in the parenting department... (I do think some of that is the editing to make this their storyline: Jovi wants to party! Yara wants to mom!) 

I also think Yara is a pretty normal new mother. She's nervous and jumpy. She'll get more comfortable in time. And seriously, I'd be nervous too if I heard my husband say, about nearly dropping my two week old infant, "Meh. Kids get hurt. It happens". !!! This is not a tumble off the monkey bars or a fall off a bike. This is a tiny baby, and he was careless. Grow up Jovi. You are not cute.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

1000% percent this with Big Mike he's an asshole. Our first impression was in Ukraine on her territory and we saw his best days. I have a feeling next ep his mother is going to tell us a lot about the real workings of Big Mike. 

It says a lot that we saw Mike on his best behavior in Ukraine. Where he spent a full day wandering the streets in his pajamas, drinking beer like it was his job.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2021 at 7:23 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

And seriously, I'd be nervous too if I heard my husband say, about nearly dropping my two week old infant, "Meh. Kids get hurt. It happens". !!! This is not a tumble off the monkey bars or a fall off a bike. This is a tiny baby, and he was careless. Grow up Jovi. You are not cute.

I had flashbacks to Shayden (sp?) on the other pregnant teenager show... I think it was Unexpected?  When he was yelling at his baby's mother that she was spoiling the 3-day old infant by holding her too much.   I wanted to jump through the tv and strangle him.

I would LOVE the producers to make Jovi attend a parenting class for new parents and watch his face as he is taught how newborns need to be cared for.  I can't stand these men with new babies who have no frikkin clue what they are talking about yet they think they are experts!!!  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I had flashbacks to Shayden (sp?) on the other pregnant teenager show... I think it was Unexpected?  When he was yelling at his baby's mother that she was spoiling the 3-day old infant by holding her too much.   I wanted to jump through the tv and strangle him.

I would LOVE the producers to make Jovi attend a parenting class for new parents and watch his face as he is taught how newborns need to be cared for.  I can't stand these men with new babies who have no frikkin clue what they are talking about yet they think they are experts!!!  

Yes, it was acne ridden Shayden who was the Dr. Sears of Kentucky.  Because when I, as a 32 year old first time mom, wanted advice, I asked the neighborhood 16 year old male.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not much into newborns, but wee Mylah is PRECIOUS. Wow, that is a really beautiful baby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size