Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Damage Control

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
4 minutes ago, endure said:

, but why couldn't, didn't Jovi have a drink at dinner?

I think he said he was driving.  

11 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

WOW that's a first!  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

I don't understand why Julia wants to be a wedding coordinator when she can do so much better as a fitness coach/trainer. 

My cousin’s son had to take exams and study physiology and other things to become a trainer. It is also tough to build up a client base. You will get a mix of everyone. With Covid? Nothing. Event planning is not as easy as it looks. She may have to be an assistant to someone for 2-3 years to learn the ropes, how to work with both clients and and caterers and other vendors, learn tact, tastefulness, empathy. How to solve problems on the spot. Some colleges have diplomas and even degrees in event planning. The simplest party to a conference of 5000 or more. If the city she is living in is small, there can be a lot of competition.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Okay, hold on to your drawers!  I am going to stand up for Angela.  I, too, am a "big girl".  Laying flat puts a lot of pressure on those lungs.  Plus I am super claustrophobic.  Any doc in their right minds gives the lala meds BEFORE strapping on masks etc.  If a doc did that to me I would bitch slap the mask out of his hands and walk out.  But what am I saying?  This is a dude who is so hungry to be on TV that he is doing a breast reduction BEFORE the weight loss....

Someone above mentioned Elizabeth's spackle.  Yeah, for sure.  It bugs me every week.  The current trend is a soft almost skin colored peach on the lid and a blended brown in the crease.  Not spackled sparkly deep orange on fair skin.  Yara should give her some makeup lessons.

And Yara, oh my.  Love her but she is definitely spinning out of control on baby protection.  But, I am gonna give her a break.  She is in a country she doesn't fully understand, speaking a language that is not her first, with no support network other than an albeit well-intentioned but totally clueless man child, and she is grasping at any level of control she can manage over her life.

I was never in Mike's fan club but my opinion has gone down.  I read him as more middle class.  He is definitely low class.  All mom and Mike can do is conspire and cackle over the crazy bitch that is Natalie.  At this point, mom should be giving helpful advise and Mike should be trying to make it work.  Period.  Or he just ends it once and for all.

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

My cousin’s son had to take exams and study physiology and other things to become a trainer. It is also tough to build up a client base. You will get a mix of everyone. With Covid? Nothing.

My brother left his HR job to be a trainer (like, 20 years ago) as he has been into health and fitness since the 70's.  He was a trainer at a large club, very well respected and did well, but then Covit hit and he had to retire from the club.  He was able to start his own training business, mostly online but sometimes outside (if it was safe) but:  He and his wife are double income no kids, she is retired and they do not want for money.  Waaaaay different from Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.  He has 20 or so years of contacts and experience to draw from.  Plus he has an extensive knowledge of physiology, anatomy, etc.  Julia, you signed up for a life on the farm, being unpaid labor while your hubby leaves for his 40 hour a week job only to return to play Super Mario Cart or Minecraft while ignoring you.  Good luck with that plan.

• Love 6

DISCLAIMER: This is my first encounter with Tiffany/Ronald, Kalani/Asuelu, and (outside of Pillow Talk) Libby/Andrei. However, I decided to pay for Discovery Plus rather than buy another season that I'll never watch again. So now I have access to all the old 90 Day Franchise seasons, I'm going to try to play catch up. That said...does anyone know if there are quick synopses of these people that might be easier/quicker to get through?

I'll start with the folks I do know something about:

It's weird/annoying to watch a clearly thinner Angela say that she's scared she's not going to come out of surgery. I truly cannot stand her. Meanwhile, any bets on when Dr. "Gorilla Glue Remover" Obeng is going to get his own TLC show?

Did Mike and Natalie drive to Seattle in separate cars? I know they showed Natalie driving up, but that felt like producer shenanigans. Ugh...anyway, I love how Mike says he's caught between Natalie and Trish, when even a blind person can see he's always going to be Team Trish. Could it be any clearer how over Natalie he is?

Yara, you knew what your husband's job was when you got with him. Unless you're eventually planning to get a job and/or you've got some (non-TLC) income coming in that we don't know about, STFU and be grateful for any and all help you can get with that baby. (My captions spell her name as M-Y-L-A but I thought she was an M-Y-L-A-H.)

Jovi, it would behoove you to talk to your mom, as well as any other moms in your life, so you can learn the definition of "attachment." Slow your damn roll...and make sure your birth control game is tight or you won't be having anything resembling a honeymoon ANY time soon.

Julia, I really want to like you -- especially since I can't stand your husband -- but I'm going to need you to get really real about your situation. Once you arrived in the US and realized you were going to be an unpaid farm worker and the fiancée of an overgrown man-boy, you had the opportunity to hightail your cute little ass back to Russia. You didn't do that, so here we are. I hear they have English classes online.

All right...as for these other folks (who I hope to find out more about at some point):

• Why is Andrei even fucking with Libby's family? He's never going to be fully accepted by them so he needs to just create his own way. Every scene with them felt staged. "Big miscommunication" my ass, Chuck.
  • Tiffany and Kalani should start a club called Moms of 3. I realize that some women enjoy being a mom to their adult husband, but it doesn't seem to be working for either of these two.
  • I've never been married so I don't know how common it is to go into such intimate detail about one's marriage with one's sister. I'm also not clear on the definition of "close family" so maybe that's what I'm missing...

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

I've never been married so I don't know how common it is to go into such intimate detail about one's marriage with one's sister. I'm also not clear on the definition of "close family" so maybe that's what I'm missing...

For healthy functioning adults, it is not common at all.  Sure I may chide my hubby to my sister over his inability to bring his dish to the sink (never mind the dishwasher) but I laugh about it, she laughs, we move on.  No harm no foul.  Never ever would I share such stuff with ANYONE.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/17/2021 at 11:26 AM, ExMathMajor said:

Julia, I really want to like you -- especially since I can't stand your husband -- but I'm going to need you to get really real about your situation. Once you arrived in the US and realized you were going to be an unpaid farm worker and the fiancée of an overgrown man-boy, you had the opportunity to hightail your cute little ass back to Russia. You didn't do that, so here we are. I hear they have English classes online.

There's the little problem of that TLC contract she signed.  If the participants can't figure out how to s-t-r-e-t-c-h their moments of  TLC TV, the producers are there to help them/coach them...even as far as writing a few scripts for them to follow.  I really like Julia* and hope someone will find a way to help her escape and see the REAL United States and our citizens.

*I like the farm animals and want to release the caged puppy mill pets...Brandon, Mommy, and Daddy can disappear too.  Today!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ExMathMajor said:

I've never been married so I don't know how common it is to go into such intimate detail about one's marriage with one's sister. I'm also not clear on the definition of "close family" so maybe that's what I'm missing...

TOO MANY wives share their woes with sisters, mothers, and best friends--even semi-strangers.  Then...the wives (usually the females) forget their old gripes, but their confidants never do.  It's a problem from then on...everyone's wondering "WHY is she still with him," and  she's wondering "Why don't my family and friends like him."  It's an age-old problem.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

There's the little problem of that TLC contract she signed.  If the participants can't figure out how to s-t-r-e-t-c-h their moments of  TLC TV, the producers are there to help them/coach them...even as far as writing a few scripts for them to follow.  I really like Julia* and hope someone will find a way to help her escape and see the REAL United States and our citizens.

*I like the farm animals and the caged puppy mill pets too...but Brandon, Mommy, and Daddy can disappear.  Today!

Good point re the contract. There's only so much manufactured drama I'm willing to deal with so I may end up fast-forwarding through Brandon/Julia at some point.

17 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

TOO MANY wives share their woes with sisters, mothers, and best friends--even semi-strangers.  Then...the wives (usually the females) forget their old gripes, but their confidants never do.  It's a problem from then on...everyone's wondering "WHY is she still with him," and  she's wondering "Why don't my family and friends like him."  It's an age-old problem.

Good point. Although I'm single, I know a lot of married folks...and some formerly married folks. In one case, the decision to divorce came as a complete surprise to pretty much everyone. However, that was definitely the exception. I may not have known all the intimate details of my friends' difficulties, but I knew/intuited enough to make me skeptical about their marriages' longevity.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Gobi said:

Talk about a missed opportunity.

Kolani wants to role play and Asuelo says that he brings her food.

HELLO? Pizza delivery guy and lonely housewife?

Anybody?

Hot dog vendor? 

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Angela did not want a mask on her face?  

I realize this is different but, during last year’s Tell All, she donned a face mask the entire time even though she was filming ALL BY HERSELF! 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Hot dog vendor? 

Wonder if his stand would have some nice, fat Bratwursts.

More likely, Vienna sausages. 

• LOL 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, ExMathMajor said:

know a lot of married folks...and some formerly married folks. In one case, the decision to divorce came as a complete surprise to pretty much everyone. However, that was definitely the exception. 

Like me, lol?  I never talked smack about my ex while married because, well, things may have worked out.  People were stunned when I left.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, mmecorday said:

And Libby actually has an acting imdb profile.

It galls me on my On Screen programming guide when “Elizabeth Potthast” is listed as the star of the show 

On 5/14/2021 at 4:26 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, here it is:

Angela met with her doctor, they called Michael.   I fastforward through these scenes.  I was glad they put her under so she could not talk. 

Jovi  and Yara:  Holy hell.  Did everyone know that Yara just had a baby?  That she is overprotective and misses her family? That she is obsessed over HER baby and and won't stop  yammering  about  her?  And that Jovi is leaving?  Yara won't leave the baby with anyone until she is six months old yet bitches about being tied down.

Tiff and Ronald are......wait for it.....fighting.  She has a new apartment.  Ronald is upset that  she canceled the airfare to use the $$ for a deposit then seemed indignant  that HE may have to fork over money for her to fly to see his kids.

Mike and Natalie.  Oy.  She came back demanding an apology and Mike said, maybe later.  Then she acted all cute and did a dance.  His mom offered to go out to the swamp and fish out a water moccasin for her to eat for Thanksgiving.   Mike is an only child and is very close  with his mom.  Shocker.

Libby and Andrei and company  are all horrible actors. Andrei, go get a job SOMEPLACE ELSE.  With normal people who are not weird, condescending,  drunk, and rude.  If I hear Father Libbey say once more:  From the ground up, show him the ropes,  gotta prove himself I may start day drinking. 

Aselou and Kalani:  they don't  share a bed.  Big deal.  Neither do my hubby and myself and my sister and I don't  sit around and discuss it like we are at a federal cabinet meeting, then cry.  I muted it when  they talked about their sex life.  I can't  unring a bell. Her plumpies were on full display.  Oh then they went on to discuss sex toys.  I needed to mute again.  Then they fought again.

Now I must bathe to make myself clean.

I loved your re-cap Mrs. Hanson, it made me laugh so hard! Keep them coming, you are awesome at this!

On 5/14/2021 at 4:31 PM, Boston said:

You hit every note!!!.. (btw.. I thought it was weird that my brother's in-laws (when i was 24) had separate bedrooms.  Now my brother and his wife do too (plus alot of friends I know).  It can be snoring (in my brother's case) or whatever.  When i was with my ex (and we weren't married) after 8 years we were sleeping in separate bedrooms (the snore factor and the HEAT factor - he was a furnace for a medium size guy)..  Tiffany.. GET A GRIP.. RONALD IS A LOOOOOOOSSSSSERRR..

Been married for 40+ years, have had our own rooms for half of that time! Got together when we wanted/needed to, no big deal, we both sleep much better apart. I know of lots of couple who sleep apart and have very happy, thriving marriages.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I loved your re-cap Mrs. Hanson, it made me laugh so hard! Keep them coming, you are awesome at this!

Been married for 40+ years, have had our own rooms for half of that time! Got together when we wanted/needed to, no big deal, we both sleep much better apart. I know of lots of couple who sleep apart and have very happy, thriving marriages.

In the (highly unlikely) event I meet a man I can stand long enough to live with, separate bedrooms will be one way we'll ensure that the relationship will last. If I get a good night's sleep, that lessens your chances of having a mug thrown at your head (or worse). Just saying...

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 5/15/2021 at 9:46 AM, alotmorestupider said:

I think Kalani enjoys talking shit about Asuelu to her family. I think she enjoys the attention she gets as feel as well as the pity and sympathy. Not sharing a bedroom does not HAVE to mean there is no love or romance. Kalani is absolutely ridiculous; has she ever met another couple with young children? Of course you don’t have much time alone or to yourselves! Or course he doesn’t focus on little cute romantic gestures! Everyone is utterly exhausted and spent while raising toddlers. And omg, why are they CRYING?! How are they able to conjure tears at a furniture store on a showroom bed? 

Did Jovi time travel to 1935 to make an incredulous comment about breastfeeding in public while covered?? Oh no, that lady has a blanket covering her breasts while an infant drinks milk! Call the village elders! I get where Yara’s coming from with her anxiety over little details and being too worried to leave her baby. It might sound insane but my first didn’t have a night away from me until he was over 2. I fussed constantly over my kids when they were newborns too. It’s hard to relax and have fun when you’re pumping every few hours to keep your supply going. On another note, it’s an old myth that you cannot drink alcohol while breastfeeding. The alcohol content in breastmilk is the same as in your blood, which when fully intoxicated is less than what naturally occurs in apple juice and far too low to harm the baby. Unless you’re blackout drunk, you CAN drink and continue to breastfeed. 

I had problems getting my milk to come in with my 2nd baby, an older neighbor lady told me to drink a beer before I breastfed, she said the hops in the beer made the milk come, and boy, did it ever work well for me. I only drank half a beer at a time, and was never inebriated. Sometimes it helps to listen to the older women around you., who have been there, done that.

1 minute ago, ExMathMajor said:

In the (highly unlikely) event I meet a man I can stand long enough to live with, separate bedrooms will be one way we'll ensure that the relationship will last. If I get a good night's sleep, that lessens your chances of having a mug thrown at your head (or worse). Just saying...

Totally agree with you!

• Love 4
On 5/15/2021 at 1:53 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Kalani will always have something to complain about. It doesn't matter what happens or doesn't happen with her and Asuelu. Just like Kolini will always need to mind her business. 

As long as Kalani keeps blubbering to her sister, Kolini will always be giving her bro-in-law the side eye. She just shouldn't know so much about their relationship! Zip it already, Kalani!

• Love 4

I seriously want to know what Kalani saw in Asuelu to give up her virginity to him.  Did anyone notice how smug he was when he said he took her virginity during the sex role playing discussion?

I'm thinking having sex with Asuelu is like having sex with a 17 year old virgin.  I don't know why she even tries.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Can someone please PLEASE--

1.  Tell Libby to stop spackling on the eye shadow.  And he doesn't have to be with Libby's family 24/7.  Does anyone else think that this was for show drama?

2.  Tell Jovi and Yara that newborns do well with being swaddled to make them feel more secure and even though Yara is breastfeeding, and CAN pump and dump, it's painful to watch that liquid gold be dumped out.  AND YES, dumbass, she can breastfeed in public.  And if he calls her crazy one more time...^&%$#!!!

3. Smack that jerk Mike?? He is just a sheer, arrogant ass.  Demanding an apology when he left his foreign wife in a freaking hotel and told her to stop talking? 

4.  Tell Julia that she needs to start researching wedding venues and networking in the area she wants to work so she can at least get familiar with the area.  He was totally playing while she was talking to him.  She can take online English classes (there are many zoom-type classes out there because I work for one) while she is waiting for her Green card to go through.  Her jealous side makes her look very cray-cray. 

Oy, it just hurts my heart that Yara doesn't swaddle that little baby! I am a mom of 3 and granny of 8, and every baby was always swaddled! They love it, it comforts them, I hate when their little limbs are thrown out at all angles because they aren't swaddled tightly! Swaddling makes them feel secure and even makes them sleep longer. They were all tightly curled up in the womb and swaddling them reminds them of that warm, comfy place they lived in for so long.

21 hours ago, endure said:

Don't Mormons care about modesty at all anymore?  

Apparently not when it comes to showing off the pom poms!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

OMG, I am dying.  It’s so good to hear how everyone sleeps.  I need a sound machine on loud, a mask over my eyes and my little pillow to hold.  Husband needs those socks from the hospital, heavy flannel pajamas even in summer.  I make him face the wall so he doesn’t breathe in my face.  Half the time, one of us winds up on the living room sofa.

Loud sound machine and sleep mask for me as well! When we were first married, we had these sheets that had the top sheet connected to the bottom sheet. I would wake up to the sound of fabric ripping, finally saw that every time he turned over, he was ripping the damn sheets apart! And loud snoring. And one night I could hardly breathe because of his stinky farts, they would burn my damn eyes, I would wake up and run from the room! Sleeping in our own rooms was awesome, I don't think we would have lasted 40 years in the same room!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
17 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I seriously want to know what Kalani saw in Asuelu to give up her virginity to him.  

He was the only one willing to take it?

• LOL 10
11 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Charlie’s shirt still had the fold lines in it. Like from the package. I laughed and laughed. He dressed up to shoot in that moldy grody house that they were fighting over! It is such a fine comparison with what they will do to the house. Paint, repair and clean it up and leave all the unseen mold to do some fraudin. Becky and Charlie’s dress up was so faked like this storyline. 

Kalani is unwilling to even try to understand Ausuelo. She picked a kayak boy from a very different culture than her own. Instead of saying I love pizza and appreciate you bringing it by surprise that is very thoughtful . Also I would like xyz as an expression of romance and intimacy. She made a comparison about her brother that Ausuelo didn’t understand as a comparison. It IS always about HER family and that’s what he understood. They need counseling from a great counselor. She has SO much more to do but she never ever will. She is stunted by the grasp on her family and their enabling. I also hate Kalini. No kids, baby of the family, no relationship for us to scrutinize  , daddy’s favorite ...... Kalani is running to a baby looking for adult sisterhood that doesn’t exist. 

Kalani and Ausuelo need a break from both their families, and to focus on their two children and a private life.

Charlie said that he had only been doing the family business for 3-4 years. Anyone know what he was doing before that? He is plenty old enough to have been working for awhile now, but at what?

And yes, I do believe there is a lot of fraudin going on in this family business.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

Yep, we have separate bedrooms, bathrooms, and checking accounts and we have never fought over money and I have never been happier!!!  And everything else is......great!😉

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know!!

Also, Yara taking the baby back from Jovi because she did not like the position the sleeping baby was in was a bit controlling, maybe Yara cannot accept that anyone else can help, I mean she wants help but does not know how to take it.   One would think she would be happy to have the apartment and baby to herself when Jovi goes to work. 

I just finished watching The Serpent on Netflix, (truly a must watch), the guy would poison his victims with something that was vomit inducing, so it made me think about how maybe Natalie should be careful with Mother Mike's food/evil plan?

Angela did not like the pure oxygen, maybe it they had a cigarette smoke flavored one she would not have fought it.  Stupid woman.

Yes, I watched Serpent, it was really good! What a scary guy he was!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Loud sound machine and sleep mask for me as well! When we were first married, we had these sheets that had the top sheet connected to the bottom sheet. I would wake up to the sound of fabric ripping, finally saw that every time he turned over, he was ripping the damn sheets apart! And loud snoring. And one night I could hardly breathe because of his stinky farts, they would burn my damn eyes, I would wake up and run from the room! Sleeping in our own rooms was awesome, I don't think we would have lasted 40 years in the same room!

Over fifty years for us.  I have a bottle of “Air Febreeze “ sea scent near my bed.  Sometimes the smell wakes me up and he insists it wasn’t him.  Ain’t love grand?  Tomorrow we have our first date since Covid last year at the Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut.  Haha.  It’s really for him as usual since I don’t gamble.  I go for the ferry ride.  I have to bring all my sleeping aides.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hangin Out said:

Over fifty years for us.  I have a bottle of “Air Febreeze “ sea scent near my bed.  Sometimes the smell wakes me up and he insists it wasn’t him.  Ain’t love grand?  Tomorrow we have our first date since Covid last year at the Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut.  Haha.  It’s really for him as usual since I don’t gamble.  I go for the ferry ride.  I have to bring all my sleeping aides.

I hope your date goes well and that you can find some kind of fun in it!

Glad I am not the only one with sleep aids! No amount of Air Febreeze would have helped his 'situation'! Just gross!

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I hope your date goes well and that you can find some kind of fun in it!

Glad I am not the only one with sleep aids! No amount of Air Febreeze would have helped his 'situation'! Just gross!

Thanks.  He goes one way to the slots, and I go the other way to the Tanger Outlets.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Thanks.  He goes one way to the slots, and I go the other way to the Tanger Outlets.  

Keep an eye on your refrigerator. Just sayin’.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Mine is Forensic Files Netflix.  No commercials and played very softly....puts me out!!!  Lol!

Sometimes I use a 2 hour Dateline, if Keith Morrison is narrating, knocks me out pretty quick!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I realize this is different but, during last year’s Tell All, she donned a face mask the entire time even though she was filming ALL BY HERSELF! 

She said then that she was wearing it because she had a bad tooth that air aggravated. 

• Useful 1

With Angela having so much upper body fat, was anyone else surprised when the doctor moved her liver and her liver was not fatty? It was clean and pink, not a globule of yellow fat on it anywhere. I am not a health professional, just a nobody nothing, so maybe I don't know what the heck I am talking about, so anyone else know about how a fatty liver looks? She sure does carry lots of weight on her back, looks like a football player from behind.

• Love 1

Jovi and Yara - one poster mentioned Yara's being a new mom as a form of control for her. That may have some basis. She lives in a new country, doesn't have a support system of her own friends, seems to have made few if any friends through Jovi, and also has to deal with him. In a better story, both she and Jovi would have used some form of birth control for the first few months or year of her being here and adjusting to life. Going out, partying, enjoying spending time together. 40 or so weeks after being in the US, she is a new mom. I cut her a bit of slack at first and hope she detaches a little from Mylah and that she finds other activities to keep her busy - joining an exercise class, taking Mylah to the park, doctor's appointments, etc. where maybe she can meet some friends. Jovi is still adjusting to being a parent instead of the party boy he is used to being. Yara's time is occupied with the new baby and she is too exhausted to have time to spend with you right now. You may have to wait a few weeks and this time, use some sort of birth control so you don't have two kids in a year or so. Yara, you knew exactly who Jovi was when you married him. He is not going to change now that there is a baby - unless he wants to do so and change will not happen overnight.

Angela and Mykull - nice of the doctor to talk to him via Skype or Facetime. Maybe things will change a bit with Angela. Doubt it. She will still be abrasive and a thinner body still has the same personality.

Julia and Brandon - Julia, maybe ask Brandon or his family to help you find some ESL classes to take to improve your English. It's great that you want to be a wedding planner, but it is not that easy. You do need to get the contacts and the skills to do so. Unless you live in a larger city with more affluent people who can afford to spend a lot of cash on a wedding, things may not be very successful for you for a while. Learning tact and being less judgy of others will help. Chances are you won't like some of the menus that the couples want. No people planning a wedding and a dinner want you to tell them to have low-fat chicken. They are paying close to $100 a plate or even more and want their own food choices. You also have to learn the business. Not like you know where you are living, the events planner scene, or anything. Right now, you are living on a farm, with little chance of exiting to the nearby city. Don't know if Brandon misled you, lied to you, is telling you that it will only be one to two years of living with the folks. Both of you should be planning how you will move away. And cut the jealousy. Just because you have not been successful of having friendships with men does not mean that it can't happen. You are very very adamant that it can't happen and you at 26 years old knows *everything*. That kind of jealousy is not a very good look and you need to work on your issues with others. Maybe you burned someone at some point. There seems to be a bit of a mean girl streak to you.

Natalie and Mike - Mike just left? How did he get home? Uber? A different vehicle? It would have been less expensive to just get another room on a different floor for the night. And Natalie has to apologize to you and hope that you forgive her at some point? Perhaps it is time to visit a counsellor who can help the two of you learn to communicate with each other. Going to mom's for Thanksgiving and mom wants to serve some sort of poisonous snake to Nats? Cut Mom out for a while. Not hard to pick up a piece of salmon or halibut or whatever is at the store and even Natalie can prepare it how she likes or mom can find a good recipe.

Tiffany and Ronald - those cold shoulder tops again. Tiff cashed in the plane tickets to afford an apartment for everyone. Really? Does she have a male friend who is waiting in the wings to be daddy to Daniel and Carley? Again, you knew what you were doing going all the way to South Africa to marry an addict fresh from rehab. Wait a year - see how he does, when he gets a job, how he is managing. He probably doesn't make tons of money and can't send much financial support. Should the onus be on you to pay for the plane tickets? No, he should be able to pitch in a bit. This is your life that you made for yourself. You shouldn't string him along. If you want to end it, do so.

The Libby Family - Andrei, you can't just flip houses until you learn how it works. Like Julia, you seem to know *everything*.  I don't know how ethical it is to fix up the house and then sell it. You would be better off starting your own business and get away from Chuck and Co. The family is either trying to get their own show or is very toxic. Maybe Charlie is being all alpha male hating you because maybe he thinks you will do better than him. He only fell in to the line of work because everything else crashed on him.

Kalani and Asuelu - the very personal chat on the furniture store display room was rude and nasty. The store is not a restaurant or a park bench. The bed you used to chat and lay on will need to be stripped, cleaned, and put back on the display. Hope the store charges you for doing so. The store does not belong to you and you are not entitled to help yourself. Sitting on a couch is one thing and that is expected. The display model will be sold at a less expensive price. And dum-dum, you don't even have an actual house yet. You have no idea what kind of furniture you will need and most likely add to your mortgage. No idea how large the rooms will be and what will fit. Asuelu also has his own room for gaming and sleeping? Not your sister's business. Again, you went on vacation and got knocked up by someone who you are not particularly compatible with and are not suited for. No birth control. And you did it again, so now you have two kids and are married to him. Both of you have no idea how to communicate with each other, no idea how to express your needs and wants. No idea how to express love to each other - maybe Kalani wants dates and flowers and such. Maybe Asuelu shows love by bringing food, or helping around the yard, doing laundry to make things easier for her, spending time with the kids. No, he probably doesn't. He most likely has some feelings for her, but not necessarily love. He'd rather play games and volleyball. Time for a counsellor who can help work on these issues to see if the relationship can be saved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mittsigirl said:

With Angela having so much upper body fat, was anyone else surprised when the doctor moved her liver and her liver was not fatty? It was clean and pink, not a globule of yellow fat on it anywhere. I am not a health professional, just a nobody nothing, so maybe I don't know what the heck I am talking about, so anyone else know about how a fatty liver looks? She sure does carry lots of weight on her back, looks like a football player from behind.

If she had fatty liver (about 10% of us are born with it), and weight loss surgery actually can improve it.    From what I read, it's not obvious to us looking at the camera view they showed.    It's often diagnosed with blood tests, showing elevated liver enzymes.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If she had fatty liver (about 10% of us are born with it), and weight loss surgery actually can improve it.    From what I read, it's not obvious to us looking at the camera view they showed.    It's often diagnosed with blood tests, showing elevated liver enzymes.  

Thanks for the information! I had no idea it wasn't plainly visible as yellow fat patches, like in the gut. And boy, I was really looking at that liver!

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Oh, you’re right. Thanks

Is it just so scary that we know and remember so much about all of these people?

I don't dare breathe a word to anyone I know in my life that I watch so much 'reality' tv.

If my husband has a day off from work, I quietly watch with my closed caption on, so he

never gets to hear a word of what trash I am watching! I watch them all in deep secret!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, ExMathMajor said:

DISCLAIMER: This is my first encounter with Tiffany/Ronald, Kalani/Asuelu, and (outside of Pillow Talk) Libby/Andrei. However, I decided to pay for Discovery Plus rather than buy another season that I'll never watch again. So now I have access to all the old 90 Day Franchise seasons, I'm going to try to play catch up. That said...does anyone know if there are quick synopses of these people that might be easier/quicker to get through?

I refuse to pay for D+ but I think they have a program called "90 Day Journey" for every couple.  That focuses on one couple per episode, basically taking all of the scenes from the previous seasons, putting them in one place, and calling it new programming.  I'm only aware of this because they put a few "sneak peeks" of them on the TLC channel when they were starting D+ to try to get people to sign up (pay for) the service.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

, I quietly watch with my closed caption on, so he

never gets to hear a word of what trash I am watching! I watch them all in deep secret!

See, there is the difference.  I watch mine with pride and invite others to join me!

33 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

I refuse to pay for D+

(in a small voice) I kinda like D+.  I may get rid of Sling for live tv and switch to Philo if I can live without news channels.   Time will tell,  Discovery Plus has A LOT of programming (that I like) and for $5  - sure, why not.

• LOL 1

I don’t understand why Yara doesn’t have any friends. It’s not as if Jovi doesn’t know a lot of strippers that he could introduce her to.

• LOL 10

I am a very light sleeper and my significant other snores like a bullfrog on crack. Sleeping apart is a main reason we are still together. We have no children - he is just annoying as hell when he is asleep! 😏

• LOL 6

I just watched. Yara seems like a totally normal brand new mom to me! Of course, she is hyper concerned about the baby. She's a brand new baby! It's all normal mothering hormones kicking in. And I think she's especially vigilant and nervous because she doesn't have her own mother around to help her and reassure her. I felt extremely isolated when my daughter was an infant, I'm sure it's all going to be compounded for her when Jovi goes away. Although he doesn't seem much help in the parenting department... (I do think some of that is the editing to make this their storyline: Jovi wants to party! Yara wants to mom!) 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Yara, you knew exactly who Jovi was when you married him.

Maybe not "exactly" who he was...but she was having second thoughts due to his behavior(s).  She was also pregnant.

16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It's great that you want to be a wedding planner, but it is not that easy. You do need to get the contacts and the skills to do so.

I thought that the entire idea of the "interview" was for Julia to get some ideas...perhaps a roadmap of where and how to start.  Instead, the successful event planner seemed to think Julia wanted to move right in on her territory.  It's possible TLC couldn't get anyone else to participate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’m willing to cut Yara tons of slack. She had her first baby during COVID, in a different country where she knows very few people and while I think she speaks quite well English is her second language. She must be missing her family and familiar customs . 
I think she’s coping well given what she’s dealing with.

• Love 20
On 5/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, Hangin Out said:

OMG, I am dying.  It’s so good to hear how everyone sleeps.  I need a sound machine on loud, a mask over my eyes and my little pillow to hold.  Husband needs those socks from the hospital, heavy flannel pajamas even in summer.  I make him face the wall so he doesn’t breathe in my face.  Half the time, one of us winds up on the living room sofa.

I'm so glad to hear others talk about their sleeping arrangements. 

Been married for 30 years. Mr. ToStandOn snores like a monster! He thrashes in bed. He likes the ceiling fan on.

I do not move a muscle when I sleep, wake up in the same exact position I fell asleep in. I am highly claustrophobic and cannot handle being in a dark,  quiet room. I cannot handle air blowing on me. I start out in the bedroom and move to the living room. Had extensive foot surgery a couple of weeks ago and cannot even get up into the bed, so I'm just sleeping on the sofa. 

• Love 4