Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: It's Not the End; It's the Beginning

• Start Topic

For their final challenge, the last superstars standing host a launch party for Bethenny’s new brand of rosé — and simultaneously ring in her 50th birthday — as they reflect on the sacrifices that have led them to this extraordinary moment.

Original air date 2021.05.20

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Yes, it's the finale.  Who will Bethenny choose?  And more importantly, will anyone really care. 

• Love 2

I did watch the episode, but I was distracted in the first two minutes with Bethenny putting both her dogs on the same treadmill. First of all, isn't that just cruel? But more than that, that is such a safety issue, I don't even have words. Don't people know not to let pets near treadmills? I mean even before all the Peloton backlash that pets and toddlers were being sucked underneath the treadmill and being injured or even killed? What is she thinking??

Aside from that...  big eyeroll about her big concern with Wendy being her swearing. Give me a break. From the woman who swears non-stop. Okay. 

It also bugged me when "toasting" the three women remaining, the first words out of her mouth were, "Two of you are mothers," then throws in a quick gratuitous "and you take care of your mother" to Wendy... how is that even relevant to being the VP of Operations? It just annoyed me. 

It was nice to have some diversity with the last three at least. I also like that they got along well with each other and had talents and weren't awful people. I think she made the right choice, I guess, but I wonder how long her new hire will last.

• Love 5

This was like a completely different episode.  Bethenny decided to be nice this episode.  It was really weird.

Anyway, the journey with our little group here was fun.  It was something. I don't know if I enjoyed THE SHOW, PER SE..... actually, I don't think I did...... but.......... the journey was short and sweet.

I can't believe she actually picked someone after all of that.

• Love 6

Oh and when she kept screaming in delight that Wendy CLEANS. Like yes, that is great, but if you are that excited, perhaps you should hire a housekeeper.... I mean WTF, you're going to hire a "VP of Operations" that you expect to vacuum and dust and do your cleaning? And yea, I get that ops jobs often do entail having to take care of crap that someone else left a mess, but really, that's event staff or intern work, not your VP OF OPERATIONS....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I am actually surprised by the ending.  I thought for sure she’d hire all 3 of them.  I guess anyone one of them could have “won”.  I think they are all smart and savvy enough, and it was nice that they all got along. Not sure if this show will be back, but if it is I won’t be.  Best part of the season was seeing Dorinda looking so fabulous.  I miss her on RHONY so much I may have to stop watching that show too.  I can’t take much more of delusional drunk Sonja and mean, fashion impaired and immature Leah. 

• Love 3

Ugh, that was a slog. Half the episode was endless hugging and crying at the end. It almost seemed more like Bethenny was auditioning her new best friends than a serious business partner. The short snippets we saw of, um, whatever that last task was, I could not even tell who did the best. I still have no idea what exactly any of the candidates business strengths are, but I know which ones are mothers and who can clean a counter top. In the end she chose Miloksy cuz she made Bethenny "feel safe."  All in all, WTF! 

PS. If anyone was hoping this show would be more like The Apprentice, I can say that The Apprentice New Zealand is turning out to be pretty classic Apprentice (UK style). The head honcho guy is no Lord Sugar, but I'm finding it much more entertaining than, um, whatever this was! If you'd like help finding the episodes online, just shoot me a PM! 

• Love 5
(edited)

I almost never pay attention to Deuxmoi, but I think this is actually true.

It seems as if the show has taken some pains to hide Milokssy's background because it doesn't really fit The Big Shot's mostly bullshit narrative. Milokssy's own website suggests that it might be true:

Beginning her corporate career under the tutelage of Richard Parsons at AOLTime Warner, it wasn’t long before Milokssy quickly moved up the ranks. Her mentors include, Courteney Monroe (now the CEO of National Geographic), Pamela Levine (Chief Marketing Officer of HBO and president at 20th Century Fox) and others in the entertainment business.

Pam Levine was at Fox for 15 years before joining HBO in 2011. She left HBO in 2016 and went back to Fox. She got pink slipped in 2019 when Disney bought much of Fox's assets. She's been unemployed since then.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/pamela-levine

Courteney Monroe left HBO in 2011 and has been with National Geographic since then.

Now, I wonder if HBO had Milokssy monitoring this obviously troubled production both because of the COVID-19 delays and Bethenny has proven herself more erratic than most realized. Maybe they realized that they hadn't cast anyone half competent or capable of handling Bethenny and they dragged Milokssy in, especially because COVID-19 restrictions probably wouldn't have allowed them to reopen casting.

Edited by HunterHunted
Formatting
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Now, I wonder if HBO had Milokssy monitoring this obviously troubled production both because of the COVID-19 delays and Bethenny has proven herself more erratic than most realized. Maybe they realized that they hadn't cast anyone half competent or capable of handling Bethenny and they dragged Milokssy in, especially because COVID-19 restrictions probably wouldn't have allowed them to reopen casting.

On IMDB Milokssy Resto is listed as a production designer and production manager. It appears that she was producer of some sort on a very bad film back in 2006. 

I doubt that we will see much of her and Bethenny together. Bethenny should be called out for this bullshit show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I just remembered something last night.   Does anyone remember the Diane Von Furstenberg show in which she tested a group of applicants to be the DVF global ambassador or the like.  They lived together and did assignments every week and one was eliminated weekly based on the assignment.   Many of the  tasks related to DVF's actual store and actual clothing line.    I doubt  it was a real job in the end but who knows? 

So not so original, Bethenny.  

https://www.amazon.com/House-of-DVF-Season-1/dp/B00P2QQU2O

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 7/4/2021 at 12:02 PM, weaver said:

I just remembered something last night.   Does anyone remember the Diane Von Furstenberg show in which she tested a group of applicants to be the DVF global ambassador or the like.  They lived together and did assignments every week and one was eliminated weekly based on the assignment.   Many of the  tasks related to DVF's actual store and actual clothing line.    I doubt  it was a real job in the end but who knows? 

So not so original, Bethenny.  

https://www.amazon.com/House-of-DVF-Season-1/dp/B00P2QQU2O

Looks like it is on the Bravo app. I may check it out. Also, I might not check it out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1