Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: The Purloined Keys

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I know this show has supernatural elements, but I was not expected that fake out with Celia.

Yeah, that actually shocked me. Both actors were fantastic in that scene (although I did spend the commercial break thinking it wasn't really Celia. The dummy (or makeup) made me wonder if maybe it was a warning).

I can't remember, does Carson know about the supernatural? He's gotten involved in Nancy's cases but I feel like they've all been down to earth investigations.

And, Everett, if you're going to enough trouble to hide a camera in your sister's? tomb, why wouldn't you spring for sound? 

• Love 7

The Celia twist was absolutely shocking. Most shows can't surprise me nowadays. But this show REALLY got me good. I had NO idea that Celia was a ghost until we saw her DEAD BODY HANGING LIKE SOME SORT OF STATUE. Both Kennedy and Teryl Rothery did an amazing job with the reveal. Actually, Kennedy was ON FIRE this episode in general. From her screaming when she woke up from her nightmare (damn, I didn't expect Nancy to scream like that from a nightmare to the point where Carson had to run in to comfort her) to her annoyance with her friends keeping her out of the case that they were both working on to her discovery of Celia's body and horrified realization that she was most certainly on borrowed time with Everett, to the end where she kidnaps him with a sort of determination to survive at all costs, she really proved herself to be an exceptional actress. They gave her a lot to do, and she brought it throughout the entire episode.

Carson even had some great moments this episode. He's often left out on these plots, but he got to see Nancy's terror front and center, and he got to experience some of it on his own with the picture of Nancy he took with deep scratches on her body? I wonder what that means. It's either a hint or a warning or some kind, but I haven't deduced what it means yet.

Ryan and Nick working together is always fun. I partially feel bad for him and Val that their time is very limited with Everett knowing that they're looking into taking him down, but I also still don't trust Val. For all we know, she's the one doing the killings FOR Everett and is leading Ryan and the others into a trap. But maybe she's just going to wind up dead...or Ryan will. He might sacrifice himself for Nancy, but I hope not, since there's so much more story to tell with him and Nancy. 

George and Bess get their own little C-plot, which is nice. I like when those two get to bond, and it was a relieve from the main stuff going on.

Seriously, this may be my favourite episode of the series by far. I really enjoyed the entire episode. It was so good and the twist is probably one of my favourite twists on TV in recent years.

• Love 16

It took me way too long to figure out Celia was dead so well done, show! When she kept talking oddly to Nancy, I thought "is she drugged or possessed or something?" But it wasn't until Nancy found the puddle right before the body reveal that I was like "Nancy that's blood, don't touch it, oh shit Celia is dead and has been a ghost!" I'm sad they killed off Teryl Rothery as I enjoyed her being kind of a gray character on the show. 

I'm really worried for Ryan now. I don't want him to leave the show so hoping his father doesn't get to him. I wouldn't mind seeing Val around in the future too, but like @Lady Calypsosaid, I don't entirely trust her either. I was expecting a reveal at the end that she's been working for Everett the whole time. 

I really don't know what Nancy is going to do now. Next week will be crazy! Thank goodness the show has already been renewed. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Next week will be crazy! Thank goodness the show has already been renewed.

How many episodes are left this season? I think I heard an ad say 2 but that feels wrong (and sad). Even though it is May and the right time for season finales (the calendar has no meaning). Thanks for confirming that we're already promised a season 3!

Why don't more people watch this show? I really wish the CW would make season 1 available somewhere. I have a couple of friends who would probably enjoy catching up.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, akg said:

How many episodes are left this season? I think I heard an ad say 2 but that feels wrong (and sad). Even though it is May and the right time for season finales (the calendar has no meaning). Thanks for confirming that we're already promised a season 3!

Why don't more people watch this show? I really wish the CW would make season 1 available somewhere. I have a couple of friends who would probably enjoy catching up.

I think 2. But I'm not positive about that. EDIT: I just googled and finale date is June 2nd, so 2 more episodes. 

Season 1 is streaming on HBO Max, if your friends have that. I wish this show was watched more too. I have a couple of friends who watch, but it really should get more attention than it does. 

Edited by Jenniferbug
  • Love 1
(edited)

Congrats show, it takes a lot to really surprise me when it comes to twists, but my jaw straight up dropped when we saw Celia's dead body and realized that she was a ghost. She was acting weird so I was thinking she was cursed or possessed or something, not that she was already murdered and didn't know it yet. It probably helped in the shock that the rest of the episode was light on the supernatural and seemed to be more of a mundane mystery involving Hudson drama, but then WHAM Celia's a ghost and Nancy has creepy ghost marks on her pictures. What a wild ride of an episode, it was ridiculously gripping. For a character who has been mostly lurking in the background, they have really built Everette up as a real threat, just as much as the supernatural ones, maybe even more so. He cant eat your soul, but he also cant be gotten rid of with an incantation or a zany scheme. I am sad to lose Celia, I was really enjoying her becoming a more morally gray character, but this certainly does raise the stakes. 

Kennedy McMann was great as always, those screams when she woke up from that nightmare were seriously terrifying, and you could really feel her frustration mounting as Ryan, Nick, and Val were keeping her out of the loop, her horror and grief at seeing her dead grandmother who now she will never get to know, her fear at seeing how far Everette will go and that she and everyone else she loves could be on the chopping block, and then her steely determination when she drove off with Everette. It really is kind of amazing that she had so little acting experience before this show, she is anchoring this show like an old pro. 

I always like Ryan and Nick as a team, even if this time things went a bit badly for them. I like Val and I really do hope that she is genuine in her feelings for Ryan, but I am still not sure about her, the show could still be setting us up for a twist where she was in Everett's pocket all along. Celia not saying who actually killed her makes me wonder if it wasn't actually Everette, even though he seems like the obvious suspect. Poor Ryan has no idea his mom is dead, and while she wasn't a good mom and they weren't exactly close, that's still a really hard thing on top of everything else. Its also really sad how easy it is for Ryan to imagine his father murdering him, and I can totally see it going exactly the way he described. He would feel bad later, but he would absolutely kill his own son if he was pissed enough and thought that he might be a liability. This is a guy who would set up his own teenage son for his crimes and drive his girlfriend to suicide, he would obsoletely kill Ryan, it just must be really hard to know that your dad cares so little about you, even if Ryan's resigned to it. At least he got some funny lines in, and his long lost daughter has been showing concern for him lately! Which is pretty good considering how they're relationship started. "I thought the bribe was implied."

I wonder if the show already caught onto the fact that the audience did not seem to like Gil and he was really not working as a character, as he was conspicuously absent for an entire episode that prominently featured his sister and father. Cant say that I missed him, his obsession with his sisters dating life is way creepier than any of the ghosts. He is apparently Nancy's get away driver though, so we might be stuck with him next week. 

Carson got some nice stuff, being supportive of Nancy while also reminding her of his own mistakes getting involved with Everette, not wanting to see her go down the same path he did. I am also excited to see him get more involved in the supernatural stories, he usually deals with the more mundane crimes. 

Considering how dark and tense the rest of the story was, the funny Bess and George dating app story was a welcome bit of comic relief. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

Season 1 is streaming on HBO Max

Nice. I know what I'm doing tonight. It will be interesting watching the early ghost don't exist episodes knowing everything that's happened.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

It probably helped in the shock that the rest of the episode was light on the supernatural and seemed to be more of a mundane mystery involving Hudson drama

They've done a fantastic job of balancing the 2 sides. I started the show assuming none of the supernatural stuff was actually real and wasn't so sure about continuing once the hauntings began. I'm so glad I stuck around.

1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

EDIT: I just googled and finale date is June 2nd, so 2 more episodes. 

Thanks! I'm very disappointed but it is nice that there hasn't been any filler episodes. I wonder if either Everett or Odette will be dealt with this year or if they'll both stick around for season 3.

I do have one, tiny complaint about this episode (and it's really about the season overall). Did Bess not even attempt to make things up with her girlfriend after missing dinner with parents? I keep thinking I missed something between standing up Lisbeth and setting up a dating profile.

• Love 4

I thought of one more thing that bugged me last night: is what the Drew's did kidnapping? Nancy's mom gave them the baby but there were no witnesses. Does someone have to press charges for something like that or should we be worried about Carson being arrested? I feel like the writers should have slipped a line or two into the script.

40 minutes ago, akg said:

I thought of one more thing that bugged me last night: is what the Drew's did kidnapping? Nancy's mom gave them the baby but there were no witnesses. Does someone have to press charges for something like that or should we be worried about Carson being arrested? I feel like the writers should have slipped a line or two into the script.

I think it is technically kidnapping, because there was no legal agreement. If you find an abandoned baby, you can't just keep it. You have to report it and then can probably go through the adoption process if you want. The Drews never did that. Plus, Ryan was never told she existed so his parental rights were never terminated. And I think they forged a birth certificate for her, which is another crime.

But whether anyone would charge them for that, especially now that Nancy is 18, is another story. I think they could charge him without the involvement of the birth parents if they heard about it and wanted to. But I doubt they would in this case. Unless they run out of plots in a couple of seasons.....

• Love 3

Yeah, they actually got me with the whole "Celia was a ghost the entire time" twist.  I figured something was up since she was acting so strangely, but that idea just never occurred to me, despite the warning signs (only talking to Nancy, everyone else wondering where she was the entire time.)  Teryl Rothery was great as always and I'll miss her here, but I'm curious to see how this all plays out: especially since Everett was the one likely behind her murder.

Fun watching Nick and Ryan team up again, with an assist from Ace, Amanda, and Valentina.  I also like how they brought in Daddy Bobbsey, played by Stephen Lobo: another one of those character actors that I've seen in almost every show filmed in Canada.  Hope we see him again.  But now Everett knows that at least Ryan and Valentina are onto him, so that's troubling.  I both laugh and felt bad when Valentina was like "He wouldn't kill his own son, would he?!", and Ryan was just nonchalantly like "Yes, he totally would."  He didn't seem concerned or even sad about it.  It's just like Ryan has accepted a long time ago that his he expendable in his dad's eyes, and nothing is off the table, including murder.  Worst dad ever!

Bess' adventures into online dating was a fun diversion.  It's hard moving forward, but the sooner you realize that pursuing a relationship with a ghost that is currently possessing your friend is just not going to work out, the better it is for you and everyone around you!

Poor Carson is clearly and rightfully concerned about the danger Nancy is in, but also knows when it is best to just let her do what she has to do and have faith in her abilities to protect herself.  Unlike Everett, he's actually a pretty damn good dad!

Kennedy McMann did great work here.

Only two episodes left this season!

• Love 10

I enjoy everyone's comments more than I do the actual show.  I think I have missed too much at this point to try to understand what is going on. 

I've tried to enjoy the Nancy not being Carson's child, etc. but so far most things fall flat.  Then again, the actor that plays Carson would not have been my choice. I will wait to see how they wrap up the year before I decide if I can continue. 

I do like the group mostly as individuals.  I may be the only one not loving the George and Nick romance. I don't really see chemistry with them and I liked them more as friends. If they wanted to put Nick with someone other than Nancy I wish they would have brought in a different character.  Put I guess it was easier for them to put the two minorities together. 

I think Ace may be my favorite character. 

I actually got full body chills with the reveal that Celia was dead. They really did get me with that twist.

Then I was confused as to if it was her ghost, or Nancy having another nightmare (like at the beginning of the episode) or some other supernatural thing. I think I settled on Celia's ghost trying to make sure Nancy found her. I am a bit unclear as to what scenes exactly she was a ghost in and what her last "live" scene was.

Also why did Everett* hang Celia's body from the rafters? With all that blood, it didn't look like a suicide by hanging (presuming Everett* would have tried to make her death look like a suicide).

I didn't like what I felt was the manufactured separation of Nancy from her friends. Nick's insistence that they couldn't trust Nancy seemed out of character for him and not with much basis. I prefer when the group is working together rather than against each other.

*Acknowledging that it might not have actually been Everett who is responsible for Celia's death, but I think that is the working assumption.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I didn't like what I felt was the manufactured separation of Nancy from her friends. Nick's insistence that they couldn't trust Nancy seemed out of character for him and not with much basis.

Me too. Nick's distrust of her appears strange considering he was good with her in the past 2 episodes. And it's not like Nancy was hiding anything from them. She told them she was going undercover as Everett's investigator. Don't they believe her on that? I would be pretty hurt if I was her. Good that she gave them a good scolding at the end there. They owe her an apology. At least Carson was there for her.

Celia's reveal was very well done. It was well done because it was foreshadowed through out the entire episode. She was missing appointments, acting strange, only talking to Nancy. It didn't came out of nowhere.

We have heard of the many bad things Everett has done. But have we actually seen him do it on screen? Like giving a direct kill order... He told his goons to take care of the reporter but it could mean anything, for argument's sake. And for the sake of entertainment, it will be more interesting if he wasn't the straight up evil big bad.

• Love 7

Great episode.

1. "I'm sorry. I thought the bribe was implied." Heh. This show does have some great one liners.

2. On a sidenote, I like that we're getting to see Amanda in scenes without Ace. I realize that in this particular episode that was mostly to ensure that the show wouldn't need to hire another day player given Covid and could save some money on sets, but still, well done.

(On a Covid note, though, nice job with the framing/filming of Everett's bodyguards, allowing both extras to stay physically distanced while not looking like they were physically distanced.)

3. I really don't trust this journalist. Even if Everett sent his goons after her in the end - he certainly hasn't hesitated to kill other employees in the past, and this journalist has been doing just way, way too many questionable things from day one for me not to think that she's been up to something all along.

4. I have to assume that someone on the writing staff absolutely hated the Bobbsey Twins books when they were kids. I mean, first, bland Bert Bobbsey Twin gets turned into HorrorShow I Don't Want To Know How He Can Get Any Worse Gil Bobbsey, and now Nice and Friendly Dad Bobbsey Whose Previous Worst Crime Was Calling His Son A Little Fat Fireman gets turned into a criminal.

5. I am kinda confused by the whole Bobbsey Twin timeline though. Given that Dad Bobbsey apparently worked for the Hudsons, why didn't the Drew Crew know about the Bobbseys before this, or at least the Hudson connection? Especially given that Nick has been investigating the Hudsons and would presumably have been tracking their previous staffers, especially their previous staffers who ended up in jail.

6. I genuinely feel that at least one cop should have been hanging around Howard's car.

7. Small note, but where did Nancy get those earrings from? Did Tom Swift put them in the box so that she'd have matching jewelry?

8. I'm glad that Nancy jumped all over Ryan, Nick and the journalist for not trusting her.

9. I'm not glad that Nancy decided to trust Gil instead. Nancy, we literally just learned that Gil doesn't bother to go visit his father in jail, and although, sure, that's the same father who helped Everett catch Ryan and the journalist on camera and apparently was a terrible gardener, so somewhat understandable, you still suck, Gil. 

10. Though on a small note, why exactly did the wealthy Hudsons keep a lousy gardener around? I mean, yes, "because Everett needed to have a convenient criminal around to help him do evil things," but surely he could have found something else for Dad Bobbsey to do as a cover story? Though at least the trellis was nice.

11. And while I'm questioning the whole Dad Bobbsey thing, was Everett just assuming that Dad Bobbsey would say, yeah, I left the videotape in a mausoleum to whoever he was in contact with? Because it seems a bit of a stretch to assume that Nick - the dead guy's original contact, in contact with Dad Bobbsey - would have figured all of that out without Amanda's help.

11. Speaking of small notes, wow, George and Bess really got sidelined this episode, didn't they, though nice use of sidelined Bess to help with the Celia fakeout by treating Celia not showing up at the Claw as a whole whatever, let us discuss my dating app instead. And speaking of that -

12. Nice job on the fakeout. Between the show otherwise carefully steering away from ghosts this episode - with even the mausoleum being ghost free - and Celia's husband and father assuring us that when Celia plans a party, she loses track of time, and Bess assuring us that Celia's no-show was no big deal, I totally forgot the ghost thing and assumed that Celia's weird behavior was a drug thing. 

It also does crack me up that Ghost Celia was equally concerned with warning her granddaughter and leaving one last complaint with the florist. 

13. And now Nancy is both possibly possessed/cursed and armed with a Taser! Or possibly it's just the Polaroid camera that's cursed. This could go badly. Or - and I am trying not to get my hopes up for this - Nancy could taze Gil. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Back in ye olden days, Buffy spent a lot of time literally running around Sunnydale because she didn't have a car and the show pretended that cell phones didn't exist. That meant if someone was in peril, she had to RUN to go save them because she couldn't just call them and say, "Hey, get the hell out of there immediately!" Nancy Drew (the show) doesn't have that luxury because phones are too common and too much a part of everyday life now. But to prevent characters from communicating important information (like Everett is setting you up so whatever you do, don't fall for it!), they just have people ignore a phone call. I know that if I were in Nancy's position, I wouldn't give up with one phone call. I would send a text so that they could see the information that they needed. Then I would call back AGAIN. I mean, seriously, this is life or death!

As someone who watched Pretty Little Liars, it makes me so happy whenever I see Nancy using common sense by wearing gloves before breaking into a dead guy's car to snoop. Ryan, on the other hand, sees a dead body on the floor of a hotel room that he isn't supposed to be in, and the first thing he does is pick up a prescription bottle and leave his fingerprints at a crime scene. Of course, then Nancy got blood on her bare hands later but she's generally better about trying not to leave her fingerprints everywhere when she's snooping which I really appreciate.

If you had told me at the beginning of S1 that I would be sad Celia was murdered or that Ryan was in serious danger, I wouldn't have believed you so good job, show.

I enjoyed the brief moments of levity this week, like Ryan finding the key to his high school Porsche (OF COURSE), Ryan continuing to talk shit about Amanda's dad and then saying "no offense," Ryan listing all the buildings on the Hudson property and Val barely able to keep from rolling her eyes.

On a shallow note, while I appreciate Tom Swift's generosity and the thoughtfulness in trying to provide Nancy with some much needed armor, I thought the dress he gave her was kind of ugly. It definitely looked expensive but I still didn't like it. She looked great with that red lipstick though. I have no idea what the scratches on her arms in the Polaroid picture are. Could they be remnants from dealing with Odette when she was the Aglaeca? Or is she just straight up cursed from one of the many supernatural things she's encountered/taken from the historical society?

12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I both laugh and felt bad when Valentina was like "He wouldn't kill his own son, would he?!", and Ryan was just nonchalantly like "Yes, he totally would."  He didn't seem concerned or even sad about it.  It's just like Ryan has accepted a long time ago that his he expendable in his dad's eyes, and nothing is off the table, including murder.  Worst dad ever!

I think that Ryan always knew he was expendable to an extent AND that his dad was a ruthless asshole, but I think that Ryan kind of counted on being an only child to keep him in his dad's good graces (because you know Everett wouldn't want to pass any of his Hudson fortune to a random cousin or a non-family member). But once he found out a few weeks ago that Everett had been setting him up for YEARS by having him sign all those documents, he finally realized that he really means nothing to his father, even as the sole heir. Ever since that episode, he's been pretty resigned to knowing that his dad could drop the hammer at any moment.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, secnarf said:

*Acknowledging that it might not have actually been Everett who is responsible for Celia's death, but I think that is the working assumption.

I think it's very possible that Everett didn't kill his wife and he's being framed. This kill doesn't feel very Everett-like. It's very obvious, out in the open (in terms of it being on Hudson grounds) and the police could trace it back to Everett more so than anyone else. I definitely think that Celia's murder was by someone else. I mean, Celia gave Nancy that list a few episodes ago that are involved with The Road Back, so maybe there's a connection with the Hudsons and The Road Back, and that's who killed Celia. It would set up Everett and Nancy having to team up in the future. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, quarks said:

4. I have to assume that someone on the writing staff absolutely hated the Bobbsey Twins books when they were kids. I mean, first, bland Bert Bobbsey Twin gets turned into HorrorShow I Don't Want To Know How He Can Get Any Worse Gil Bobbsey, and now Nice and Friendly Dad Bobbsey Whose Previous Worst Crime Was Calling His Son A Little Fat Fireman gets turned into a criminal.

I loved the Bobbsey Twins growing up. I don't remember reading any of the other series of this type (so no Nancy for some reason) so this version is disappointing. I'm glad I didn't know ahead of time so I didn't get excited. 

13 hours ago, quarks said:

8. I'm glad that Nancy jumped all over Ryan, Nick and the journalist for not trusting her.

Me too. Although I was also not happy that Nancy didn't think to text. That might have been harder to ignore.

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ryan, on the other hand, sees a dead body on the floor of a hotel room that he isn't supposed to be in, and the first thing he does is pick up a prescription bottle and leave his fingerprints at a crime scene

And then he wiped his hands off on this coat instead of doing the smart thing and wiping down the pill bottle. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, akg said:

And then he wiped his hands off on this coat instead of doing the smart thing and wiping down the pill bottle. 

That was hilarious, not going to lie.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think it's very possible that Everett didn't kill his wife and he's being framed. This kill doesn't feel very Everett-like. It's very obvious, out in the open (in terms of it being on Hudson grounds) and the police could trace it back to Everett more so than anyone else. I definitely think that Celia's murder was by someone else. I mean, Celia gave Nancy that list a few episodes ago that are involved with The Road Back, so maybe there's a connection with the Hudsons and The Road Back, and that's who killed Celia. It would set up Everett and Nancy having to team up in the future. 

Granted, I'm the same person who thought Celia was just on a lot of Xanax, not actually dead, so....my speculations on this aren't worth much. But count me in as another one not at all sure that Everett killed Celia - his comment that she was busy planning the party, combined with Ryan's later statement, sounded like he genuinely did think that his wife was busy planning the party, not hanging dead in, uh, wherever she was hanging.

What I'm wondering, though, is if the murderer is some sort of vigilante who decided to get revenge after realizing that Everett was going to be released thanks to Nancy recanting her testimony. The only problem with that theory is that this show does like to introduce potential murderers beforehand, and at the moment I'm kinda blanking on anyone we've seen who could fit that role. Other than the shady reporter. Or the misogynistic reporter from a few episodes ago. Or the Karen from that same episode (ok, probably not her.) Or Everett's supposedly dead brother who, based on the camerawork, is seeming less and less dead all the time. Or Aunt Diana. Or one of the cooks at the Claw who has finally had it with the unpredictable closings and weird ghost things and the occasional racist customer and never getting to voice a single line about this, always feeling stuck in the background, but ready to go out in style....

....ok, so there's a few possibilities, but none of them seem all that likely.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, quarks said:

Or one of the cooks at the Claw who has finally had it with the unpredictable closings and weird ghost things

I started a rewatch (anyone interested in a general Nancy S1 thread?) and I love how there's someone in the kitchen in almost all episodes where you see the back. I've decided that, until Ace's brother took the job temporarily, it was someone who freaked out at first and then decided to write a horror novel.

I agree that Celia probably wasn't killed by Everett. Based on what we've seen of him, I would think he'd be smarter about an obvious murder so close to his recent murder charges being dropped. 

• Love 2

I realize that I left out quite a few other suspects in Celia's murder.

So, a longer list:

1. Gil Bobbsey (at the top of my list because, come on, he's Gil Bobbsey and has not been making the best impression on me)

2. Everett's supposedly dead brother who seems to be increasingly not dead

3. Aunt Diana, because look, she has to take care of the family, right? 

4. The shady reporter 

5. Grandma Sable (I know we haven't seen her this season, but she has occasionally been mentioned and has a motive)

6. The accountant who died in this episode (unlikely; the timeline isn't completely clear, but since her blood hadn't completely congealed yet by the evening, I think Celia was murdered in the morning, shortly before she was supposed to have her first meeting with Nancy. That was shortly before Ryan, Nick, the shady reporter and Amanda opened the hotel room. At that point, the accountant had apparently been dead for a few hours, based on everyone trying to cover their noses. So, unlikely, but still possible, especially if we assume that Celia didn't die immediately.)

7. The florist, who was just name dropped again and has had a pretty bad run of things on this show so far despite barely being in it, and could easily have snapped. I would. 

8. Hannah Gruen, because nobody should ever underestimate a historian/librarian, plus I am increasingly sure that she has Some Sort of Past.

9. The Women in White

10. The Road Back

11. The misogynistic reporter from a few episodes back 

12. The Karen from a few episodes back

13. Lisbeth (would be higher on this list except that the actress is on another show)

14. The DA, largely because I'm kinda surprised that they brought Erica Cerra on for a minor role in just one episode.

15. Detective Tamura 

16. Amanda

17. The completely offscreen so far racist customer at the Claw - I mean, sure, we've never seen him on screen, but we already know he sucks as a person and has terrible judgement, so. 

18.  One of the line cooks at the Claw, desperate to get more screen time and maybe even a line

....look, Celia didn't make herself universally popular, ok? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, quarks said:

Everett's supposedly dead brother who seems to be increasingly not dead

Can someone remind me about the possibly dead brother? I can't remember anything about him.

18 minutes ago, akg said:

Can someone remind me about the possibly dead brother? I can't remember anything about him.

His name is Josiah Hudson. After his "death" Everett took over Hudson Enterprises. 

The camera keeps lingering on pictures of him, and he's been name dropped more than once this season, so I don't think he's actually dead. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The only reason that I think Everett isn't the one who killed Celia is that he hasn't been shown to be dumb enough to think that he could get away with murdering his wife in such a violent and obvious way (and wasn't the party being held at the Hudson estate? I feel like Everett is the kind of person who would want the murder to take place somewhere not on his property). If Everett had been the one to do it, I think he would have made it look like an accident (ODing in pills, a malfunction with her car's brakes, etc). I don't think he would murder her or have her murdered by one of his henchman in a way that made it look like murder. Then again, maybe he did it this way to try to frame Nancy or Ryan for it?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8
On 5/20/2021 at 12:01 AM, akg said:

I can't remember, does Carson know about the supernatural? He's gotten involved in Nancy's cases but I feel like they've all been down to earth investigations.

Answering my own question: Carson was the 4th in the circle to reach Ace after the car accident (episode 8, season 1; the Path of Shadows)

On 5/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, akg said:

Correcting my answer to this question. Carson didn't see anything definitively supernatural when they were looking for Ace's spirit but he did meet Simon (the entity that convinced followers to kidnap and sacrifice children) in the next episode (episode 9, season 1; the Hidden Staircase)

I love when I don't see a twist coming and then feel like an idiot for not seeing it. Well executed Celia twist.  I liked how she was comforting to Nancy when she realized but had to move on. It's nice that some people don't stay trapped in this town forever after they die.

• Love 1