Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Hope in the Unseen

• Start Topic

With Nic's due date steadily approaching, she and Conrad plan a relaxing day off, but their plans are interrupted when a patient with a medical mystery sends them rushing back to Chastain. Devon stays by Rose's side as she starts her clinical trial and things take a turn for the worse. Kit is under pressure to bring Chastain out of debt.

Airdate: 05/04/2021

I was expecting Cain to ignore Devon and not talk to Rose so I’m glad they didn’t make him that heartless. I’m one of the few that wouldn’t mind seeing him somewhat redeemed. 

I hate cranky patients. Figured that guy had a vitamin deficiency since they spent a good amount of time panning on his kitchen. It was also nice to see AJ apologize to Leela and for her to stick up for herself. It’s nice to see competent doctors being depicted after seeing so many shows with bumbling residents making mistakes.

I hope Kit made the right decision backing Devon’s friend. 

• Love 9

I’m happy that AJ’s mother is a candidate for targeted therapy, and I hope that goes right. I know I’m supposed to care about Rose, and I don’t know why she annoys me, but she does. Maybe because she’s a plotline for the business plan for the hospital.

I’m also getting annoyed by Conrad and Nic lately, and I also don’t know why.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Arkay said:

I do; because baby plots are annoying. I simply hate them all.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Arkay said:

I’m happy that AJ’s mother is a candidate for targeted therapy, and I hope that goes right. I know I’m supposed to care about Rose, and I don’t know why she annoys me, but she does. Maybe because she’s a plotline for the business plan for the hospital.

I was starting to feel guilty for not caring about Rose, but now I don't anymore.  I don't know why she annoys me either, but l think it's because every time you look at her, you're supposed to feel sorry for her and it just gets tiresome.  I was hoping she'd die a peaceful death in this episode.

And like @preeya, I'm sick and tired of the baby stuff with Nic and Conrad and their twu wuv, and I'm just waiting for the drama to unfold with her delivery of the baby.   

• Love 3

I hate Cain and now I hate that Billie was encouraging Cain to go operate. C'mon, Billie, he's really not all that. You can learn from way better surgeons than someone who has intentionally tortured his patients and their families by putting them on vents to ensure they don't die on his watch. I really want to like Billie, but they keep putting her in these dumbass situations. And I totally don't like that Kit has allowed someone who is still in recovery to be operating at ALL. Just to keep the actor around for no good reason. They could have made him a consultant or any other role that doesn't require him to be in the operating room.

Leela is great, though. I love her interactions with AJ. I like how AJ's plot with his mother (which, yay for her receiving targeted therapy!) connected with his grief over Mina moving away which connected it to him mentoring Leela.

I was bored by Conrad and Nic's plot with the Vitamin Deficient cranky patient.

I get how frustrating and hard it must have been for Rose to have hope and then get so sick and then learn that she might be on dialysis for the rest of her life. I do think it was a weird progression through the episode, and I'm not fond of Cain needing to basically convince her to fight, but I just really hate Cain and how Rose's story directly ties to his.

So, Kit needs to make some cuts soon. I wonder how she's going to achieve that.

• Love 3

With Mina gone, I find myself really just not interested anymore...  Nic and Conrad are annoying, Rose is annoying, I don't like Cain. I'm not interested in AJ mentoring Leela.. Guess it's time to find something else to watch. 

So, uh when Devon was pointing at the screen to show Kit Rose's bloodwork, the BUN wasn't *that* bad (it was 30, with the high end of the range being 22) and the blood culture showed as negative. Devon's finger was covering the creatinine, so I assume he wasn't pointing that out - also, I found it odd that there wasn't *anything* denoting something was out of range - bold, italics, or your good old H or L.

• Useful 1

So Nic and Conrad took the day off and still ended up back at the hospital working when they had to bring in that guy they were checking on. Are there really people that committed to their jobs that they would do that? Maybe I'm cold, but when I take the day off, I take the day off. Did Nic and Conrad then get their PTO credited back to them or did they get paid? LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2021 at 11:38 AM, GiandujaPie said:

So Nic and Conrad took the day off and still ended up back at the hospital working when they had to bring in that guy they were checking on. Are there really people that committed to their jobs that they would do that? Maybe I'm cold, but when I take the day off, I take the day off. Did Nic and Conrad then get their PTO credited back to them or did they get paid? LOL

Once he was diagnosed, there was no reason for Conrad or Nic to be there.  The doctors at Chastain seem to have all day to spend with a patient. In real life, an admitted patient is lucky to see their doctor for 5 minutes a day. ER doctors spend a little more, but not much more. 

• Like 2
On 4/3/2024 at 10:37 PM, mythoughtis said:

The doctors at Chastain seem to have all day to spend with a patient. In real life, an admitted patient is lucky to see their doctor for 5 minutes a day.

When my husband recently had gallbladder surgery, his surgeon literally just stuck his head in the door for less than 5 minutes the next day to ask how my husband felt and to say he would be discharged that day. And no other doctor checked on him, though the nurses did. I'm sure my husband's experience is closer to the norm than what we see on this show.

16 hours ago, Paloma said:

When my husband recently had gallbladder surgery, his surgeon literally just stuck his head in the door for less than 5 minutes the next day to ask how my husband felt and to say he would be discharged that day. And no other doctor checked on him, though the nurses did. I'm sure my husband's experience is closer to the norm than what we see on this show.

The way to have a doctor spend time with you is to be a weird medical case.

source: am a medical oddity, had an oncologist spend 20 minutes with me on Friday (outpatient appointment)

• Hugs 1