Type keyword(s) to search

"A Sorcerer Is A Wizard Without A Hat": The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Quotes

• Start Topic

The topic line made me laugh out loud, and I'm not sure I expected this show to do that -- though both Mackie and Stan have great comic timing.

Have at it: any other terrific lines that we should memorialize?

(Mods, please let me know if I've done this whole "start a topic" thing wrong. Because I have no idea what I'm doing.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

Ayo/Florence Kasumba is a badass, and the line/her reading made it for me.  The MOMENT Walker put his hand on her shoulder, I knew it was over.  LOL.

"The Dora Milaje have jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be."

And b/c I love Bucky/Stan so damn much, Ayo's "You are free" and the reaction got me to my very soul.

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 10

Quotes of the Week: Last Man Standing, Wynonna Earp, NCIS: LA, Idol and More
By Team TVLine / April 11 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/the-voice-love-actually-moment-best-tv-quotes/ 

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER
falcon-and-winter-soldier-head-tilt-quot

“Take it easy. Don’t engage him. He’s just going to extort you, and do that stupid head tilt thing.”

Sam (Anthony Mackie) urges Bucky to not fall prey to Zemo’s tic

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Quote of the Week - Week of April 4th
Posted by LindseyZ at April 14, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/04/quote-of-week-week-of-april-4th.html 

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 

1. Sam: "She's just a kid." Zemo: "You're seeing something in her that isn't there. You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers." Sam: "Hey! Those are our friends you are talking about." Bucky: "The Avengers, not the Nazis."

2. Sam: "I'm not your enemy. I agree with your fight. I just can't get with the way you're fighting it."

3. Sam: "Hey, John, take it easy. You might wanna fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje." Walker: "The Dora Milaje don't have jurisdiction here." Ayo: "The Dora Milaje have jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be." (Folie-lex)

Edited by tv echo

From episode 5...

Zemo: "I thought you'd be here sooner. Don't worry. I've decided I'm not going to kill you."
Bucky: "Imagine my relief."

Ayo: "It would be prudent to make yourself scarce in Wakanda for the time being, White Wolf."
Bucky: "Fair enough."

Isaiah (to Sam): "They will never let a black man be Captain America. And even if they did, no self-respecting black man would ever want to be."

Sam (to Bucky): "Don't flirt with my sister."

Sam: "Why didn't you use the metal arm?"
Bucky: "Well... I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right-handed."

Bucky: "It's just that shield's the closest thing I've got left to a family. So when you retired it, it made me feel like I had nothing left. Made me question everything. You. Steve. Me. You know, I've got his book. And, uh, I just figured if it worked for him, then it'll work for me."
Sam: "I understand that. But Steve is gone. And it might be a surprise, but... it doesn't matter what Steve thought. You got to stop looking to other people to tell you who you are."

Bucky: "Call me when you have a lead and I'll be there... Not necessarily as a team."
Sam: "Nope."
Bucky: "We're not that good."
Sam: "Definitely not."
Bucky: "We're professionals."
Sam: "Definitely."
Bucky: "And, uh, we're partners."
Sam: "Co-workers."
Bucky: "But, we're also a couple of guys with a mutual friend."
Sam: "Friend's now gone."
Bucky: "So we're a couple of guys."
Sam: "I can live with that."
Bucky: "Perfect."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

Bucky: "Call me when you have a lead and I'll be there... Not necessarily as a team."

Sam: "Nope."
Bucky: "We're not that good."
Sam: "Definitely not."
Bucky: "We're professionals."
Sam: "Definitely."
Bucky: "And, uh, we're partners."
Sam: "Co-workers."
Bucky: "But, we're also a couple of guys with a mutual friend."
Sam: "Friend's now gone."
Bucky: "So we're a couple of guys."
Sam: "I can live with that."
Bucky: "Perfect."

I saw the sneak peek extra they did at the Air Force base and there was a line from this scene shown they must have cut from the final, where Sam said "And we look good doing it." That would have been fun but maybe it didn't come out right in the scene?

I've noticed several lines in promos that didn't make the aired episodes. 

• Useful 1

Quotes of the Week: Kung Fu, Station 19, The Resident, Winter Soldier and More
By Team TVLine / April 18 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/falcon-and-winter-soldier-right-handed-best-tv-quotes/ 

“They… will… never let a Black man be Captain America. And if they did, no self-respecting Black man would ever want to be.”

Isaiah Bradley (Carl Lumbly) details for Sam why it is no great honor to wield the shield
THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Bonus Quote!)
“Why didn’t you use the metal arm?”

“Well, I don’t always think of it immediately. I’m… right-handed.”

All these years later, a Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) design flaw comes to light

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Quote of the Week - Week of April 11
Posted by Dahne1 at April 20, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/04/quote-of-week-week-of-april-11.html

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 

1. Sam, to Bucky: “ You got to stop looking to other people to tell you who you are.” (KathM and Folie-lex) 

2. Torres: “Sometimes there’s nothing to do until there’s something to do.” Sam: “That’s bizarrely wise, man.” Torres: “ Well, I’m a bizarrely wise man, Sam.” (KathM and Folie-lex) 

3. Val, played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus, to John Walker: “Valentina. Allegra. de Fontaine. Actually it’s Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine. I know it’s hard, and I don’t like to repeat myself, so you can just call me Val. But don’t call me Val. Just keep it in your head.“ ~You need to pay close attention when she introduces herself, or you might miss something. (KathM) 

4. Sam: "I need to understand." Isaiah: "You understand. Every black man does. Whether you wanna deny it or not..." Sam: "Don't do that bitter old man thing with me." Isaiah: "If you ain't bitter, you're blind." (Folie-lex) 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Zemo: I ended the Winter Soldier programme once before, I have no intention to leave my work unfinished. To do this we will have to scale a ladder of lowlifes.

Sam: Well join the party, we've already started.

Nice burn on your new sugar daddy the Sam.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

From episode 6...

Sharon: "I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway."
Bucky: "Depends on the therapist."

Bucky (to Karli): "You don't think I ever fought for something bigger than myself? That's all I ever tried to do. And I fell twice."

Sharon: "You know, when you came to Madripoor, you reminded me of a young me. I took you in, gave you an opportunity, and you betrayed me."
Karli: "Because you wanted to control a world that hurt you, but I wanted to change it. I'm not interested in power or an empire. I have bigger dreams. ... You just want me because you want your super soldiers. Without power, how much power does the Power Broker really have?"
Sharon: "More than you."

Bucky (to Sam): "Sorry. I was, uh - I was texting, so all I heard was 'black guy' and 'stars and stripes.' ... Nice job, Cap."

Sharon (on phone, during mid-credits scene): "Start lining up our buyers. Super soldiers might be off the menu, but we're about to have full access to government secrets, prototype weapons, you name it. Should be something for everyone."

Edited by tv echo
CORRECTED LAST QUOTE

Quotes of the Week: All Rise, Snowfall, Grey's Anatomy, The Circle and More
By Team TVLine / April 25 2021, 7
https://tvline.com/lists/the-resident-mina-last-episode-best-tv-quotes/ 

“I’m a Black man carrying the stars and stripes. What don’t I understand? Every time I pick this thing up, I know there are millions of people out there who are going to hate me for it. Even now, here. I feel it. The stares, the judgment. And there’s nothing I can do to change it. And I’m still here. No super serum. No blonde hair or blue eyes. The only power I have is that I believe we can do better.”

Sam (Anthony Mackie) schools a GRC member on what “hard decisions” really look like

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Also one of TVLine's Quotes of the Year...

2021 in Review: Quotes of the Year!
By Team TVLine / December 19 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-quotes-2021-memorable-lines-scenes/ 

“I’m a Black man carrying the stars and stripes. What don’t I understand? Every time I pick this thing up, I know there are millions of people out there who are going to hate me for it. Even now, here. I feel it. The stares, the judgment. And there’s nothing I can do to change it. And I’m still here. No super serum. No blonde hair or blue eyes. The only power I have is that I believe we can do better.”

Sam (Anthony Mackie) schools a GRC member on what “hard decisions” really look like

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1