Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Love Life Support

• Start Topic

Please, please, please don’t go there with Drew and Gina. There’s nothing wrong with men and women being just friends and it would be SO refreshing to see that on TV without one of them being gay. Gina and Eli are great together.

• Love 15

I understand Drew's reluctance about Gina and Eli's relationship. He really likes both of them and he doesn't want to lose either of them if things don't work out. That's a perfectly reasonable fear in general, but especially for someone like Drew who clearly does not have a big social circle, so even though it seemed selfish for him not to be thrilled that they were dating, I could see why.

Until this episode, I have enjoyed Norma's good natured meddling in Gina's life, but I HATE that she keeps insisting that Drew has feelings for Gina. Let it go, Norma. It is perfectly fine for a man and a woman to be platonic friends! I have seen no attraction between Drew and Gina at any point from the moment they ran into each other at the wedding until now. Stop trying to make fetch happen!

• Love 10

Please, please, please don’t go there with Drew and Gina. There’s nothing wrong with men and women being just friends and it would be SO refreshing to see that on TV without one of them being gay. Gina and Eli are great together.

They certainly seem to be pointing in that direction if Norma's dialogue is the writers' way of signaling. I agree they shouldn't go that route. 

• Love 9

Norma is great (aside from her claiming Drew is in love with Gina), but I miss seeing the other senior citizens, especially on the bus.

i was glad that Gina got to be the one who screwed up, because it can be tiresome watching Drew act like a baby over and over again - like his clueless behavior at the restaurant.

• Love 4

I thought Drew's over the top shenanigans to "support" them were so utterly ridiculous and actually obnoxious that I considered he might have been doing it as a deliberate sabotage attempt, because he thought the only reason they liked each other was because the relationship was taboo. 

• Love 4
On 4/16/2021 at 7:43 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I understand Drew's reluctance about Gina and Eli's relationship. He really likes both of them and he doesn't want to lose either of them if things don't work out. That's a perfectly reasonable fear in general, but especially for someone like Drew who clearly does not have a big social circle, so even though it seemed selfish for him not to be thrilled that they were dating, I could see why.

Until this episode, I have enjoyed Norma's good natured meddling in Gina's life, but I HATE that she keeps insisting that Drew has feelings for Gina. Let it go, Norma. It is perfectly fine for a man and a woman to be platonic friends! I have seen no attraction between Drew and Gina at any point from the moment they ran into each other at the wedding until now. Stop trying to make fetch happen!

I think eventually Julia is going to have a love interest. (Maybe not this season but maybe next if it’s renewed). Surprised it hasn’t happened already. I could totally see it.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:29 PM, Blakeston said:

it can be tiresome watching Drew act like a baby over and over again - like his clueless behavior at the restaurant.

Are we supposed to hate Drew and hope that the transplant never happens? Because that is close to where I'm at now.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

Drew's house has apparently joined the sitcom competition to see how many characters they can stuff inside. The Conners is still in the lead.

I think Full House can still top The Conners.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I think Full House can still top The Conners.

I was thinking the same thing.  Which got me thinking way too much about this ....

The Connors' peak was 8 - Dan, Becky and baby, Darlene plus two kids and boyfriend, and DJ's daughter who is shown so rarely it isn't worth looking up her name. I suppose we could go to 9, if we include Dan's girlfriend, who was sleeping there a lot. 

Full House's peak was 9 - Danny and 3 daughters, Jessie plus wife and twins, and Joey.  

But Brady Bunch peaked at 10 - Alice, Mike, Carol, 6 original kids, and cousin Oliver. 

I can't think of a sitcom that had more than 10 characters in the same house.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

Drew's house has apparently joined the sitcom competition to see how many characters they can stuff inside. The Conners is still in the lead.

they're going to have to do a lot better than 3 (I guess 4 if the daughter comes over the same time Norma is there) to win that.  they probably pulled Norma over for a while so they can keep her without having to expose all the older actors to Covid.  Although I guess that would have been a thing from the beginning, but maybe something happened.

6 hours ago, needschocolate said:

I can't think of a sitcom that had more than 10 characters in the same house.  

Just the 10 of us ties for 10.  

Add me to the list who like Eli and Gina together.   

I think Drew was just overcompensating at the restaurant.  If he'd really wanted to sabotage he wouldn't have tried to hide Paul.  Also,, I thought his talk with Gina was sweet when he pointed out that she didn't need to self-sabotage because she was a good person who deserved to be happy.

• Love 4

I can't remember the name of it, but a few seasons ago there was a sitcome about a Catholic family with a lot of kids, and if there weren't 10 people living in that house, it sure felt like there was. I think it might have been called "The Kids Are All Right". Good show. Canceled after 1 season.

I"m disappointed that they seem to be leaning into Drew having feelings for Gina. 

• Love 2
On 4/17/2021 at 9:11 PM, needschocolate said:

Full House's peak was 9 - Danny and 3 daughters, Jessie plus wife and twins, and Joey.  

It felt like half the TGI Friday shows had a million people living in one house.

• Family Matters started out with Carl and Harriette, their three kids (Eddie, Laura, and Judy who disappeared without explanation in S5), Carl's mother Estelle, Harriette's sister Rachel, and Rachel's son Richie all living in one house for a total of 8 people living together.
  • Just the Ten of Us had, duh, ten people (the parents and eight kids).
  • Step by Step had the parents Frank and Carol who married and each had three kids from their previous marriages. In addition, there was Cody, the cousin who lived with them. Frank and Carol then had a kid together which brought the total to 10.
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It felt like half the TGI Friday shows had a million people living in one house.

• Family Matters started out with Carl and Harriette, their three kids (Eddie, Laura, and Judy who disappeared without explanation in S5), Carl's mother Estelle, Harriette's sister Rachel, and Rachel's son Richie all living in one house for a total of 8 people living together.
  • Just the Ten of Us had, duh, ten people (the parents and eight kids).
  • Step by Step had the parents Frank and Carol who married and each had three kids from their previous marriages. In addition, there was Cody, the cousin who lived with them. Frank and Carol then had a kid together which brought the total to 10.

Did Cody ever live in the house?  I thought he lived in a van in the driveway.  

20 hours ago, eel21788 said:

You forgot Comet.

Yes, I did.  Full House now leads with 11.  However, I think we should limit including pets to dogs and cats,  just in case some sitcom had a large fish tank or an ant farm in it.  

Edited by needschocolate
Hit "Submit" too soon
  • LOL 4
On 4/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, needschocolate said:

Full House now leads with 11.  However, I think we should limit including pets to dogs and cats,  just in case some sitcom had a large fish tank or an ant farm in it.  

Actually, The Waltons started at 11 plus Reckless the dog. They now take the lead.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, eel21788 said:

Actually, The Waltons started at 11 plus Reckless the dog. They now take the lead.

I thought about The Waltons, but the original post specified sitcoms and I didn't think The Waltons qualified.  

I didn't consider Eight is Enough or Seventh Heaven for the same reason - technically not sitcoms.  Although, Seventh Heaven was often unintentionally funny and Eight is enough had humor mixed in (I also lost count of how many they had in the same house).   

4 hours ago, needschocolate said:

didn't consider Eight is Enough or Seventh Heaven for the same reason - technically not sitcoms.  Although, Seventh Heaven was often unintentionally funny and Eight is enough had humor mixed in (I also lost count of how many they had in the same house).   

8 is Enough had a laugh track, so it probably qualifies.  I don't think they ever had more than 9, really.  David was already out at the beginning so that's 7 kids plus 2 parents.  then Susan moved out and Ralph Macchio eventually moved in so it stayed pretty even.

the Waltons is harder to keep track of because people keep moving in and out.

But, I really don't think 3 or 4 people in this sitcom is so outlandish.  But maybe Eli will have to move in now.

• Love 1