Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Letting Go Only To Come Together

• Start Topic

I’m glad Goodwin’s son decided to work out of another hospital. There was too much conflict of interest (and family) with them at the same hospital

Interesting case with the kidney pain patient. My first reaction would have been to remove the kidney. I’m glad Crockett and Natalie found a solution. Why do Nat and her mom call Crockett by his last name when Nat is dating him?

• Love 1
(edited)

Assuming arguendo that there was no other solution, if a patient is in intractable pain and removing a kidney will solve the issue, why not remove it even if it is healthy? Couldn’t it be donated to someone on the transplant list.

I fantasized Dr. Marcel throwing Manning off that roof. 😁 

St. April saves another life! I hope this is leading up to her going off to medical school. 
Too bad April’s brother wasn’t there to help the grieving man kill himself like he did with the guy earlier this season. 🙄

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

I’m glad Goodwin’s son decided to work out of another hospital. There was too much conflict of interest (and family) with them at the same hospital

Interesting case with the kidney pain patient. My first reaction would have been to remove the kidney. I’m glad Crockett and Natalie found a solution. Why do Nat and her mom call Crockett by his last name when Nat is dating him?

His name is Crockett Marcel. They were calling him by his first name.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

His name is Crockett Marcel. They were calling him by his first name.

Even if Crocket isn't his first name, where I live it isn't that unusual to refer to friends or family by their surname.  It's confusing in this case I think because either name could be first or last.

Please let there be a helicopter crash into the hospital that kills Natalie.  A grown adult who's working in a professional capacity should leave her pathetic puppy dog eyes at home. 

Edited by Leeds
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Leeds said:

Please let there be a helicopter crash into the hospital that kills Natalie. 

Yes! This! 
im so tired of her ‘I’m always right’ attitude and doing things her way regardless of whether she actually knows best or not. I’ve not once seen her take advice from someone else or even allow them to express an opinion without talking over them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

im so tired of her ‘I’m always right’ attitude and doing things her way regardless of whether she actually knows best or not. I’ve not once seen her take advice from someone else or even allow them to express an opinion without talking over them

Yes, its really a sad way to live.  And again all this cross specialty stuff is nuts, I thought Natalie was pediatrics?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Yes! This! 
im so tired of her ‘I’m always right’ attitude and doing things her way regardless of whether she actually knows best or not. I’ve not once seen her take advice from someone else or even allow them to express an opinion without talking over them. 

I realize you’re talking about Natalie but this is exactly how I feel about April.  Her attitude and self righteousness is out of control.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, DanaK said:

Why do Nat and her mom call Crockett by his last name when Nat is dating him?

Crockett is his first name. The character is Dr. Crockett Marcel.

• Love 2

Never really looked into Dominic Rains before.  Kind of always assumed he was Indian and wouldn't have guessed that he was Persian.  Wondering how long they're going to drag out the mother disapproving of her "Southern Belle" hooking up with him.  

Not sure why April couldn't have waited the 10-20 seconds for Lanik to get into the room.  But that would go against everything we already know about her...

Goodwin and son storyline...meh.  Don't care that he's gone.

Transplanted kidney.  Hmm.  If that truly was all that was needed to fix this woman's pain, then why isn't that something that's done more often and not some brilliant discovery by Crockett ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Driad said:

Someone on the New Amsterdam forum chooses the worst doctor for each episode. Not sure how we could rate the doctors and nurses on Chicago Med. 

I'll give it a go.

Abrams

Asperger vascular guy who we don't see much more

(big gap)

Dr. Charles - he may be a little wacky sometimes, but as he's a psychiatrist, nothing he really does will likely cause a lot of harm to someone.

Crockett - risky, not standard of care procedures, but he for the most part seems to get good outcomes

Ethan - he's become sanctimonious since he became ER chief, and he certainly has had his "what?!" moments, but he now seems to be safer than the rest.

Will - out of control, amazing he hasn't been fired

Natalie, April, Maggie - sad that all the women are probably at the bottom here.  Do the writers just not like women?  But I also think it shows a double standard.  Their initiative comes across as reckless and stepping over the boundary, whereas Crockett can do it and he's generally celebrated and revered.  But that said, they've all committed fireable offenses and I believe multiple times for all of them.

Edited by greyhorse
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

What happened to Steven Weber?  Did I blink and miss something?

Wow, I didn't even realize that was Steven Weber, lol.  Take him out of Wings and he's unrecognizable to me.  Dunno, this show has a habit of just making people disappear.  And remarkably at times they always seem to be working the same shift.  There must be a whole shift of characters that we never see, like Chicago Fire.

18 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Wow, I didn't even realize that was Steven Weber, lol.  Take him out of Wings and he's unrecognizable to me.  Dunno, this show has a habit of just making people disappear.  And remarkably at times they always seem to be working the same shift.  There must be a whole shift of characters that we never see, like Chicago Fire.

Weber also played the Mayor of New Orleans on NCIS New Orleans for X number of seasons.    I don't think he's played a good guy since Wings.  Then again, I could be wrong but I think he might have briefly played a love interest for Mary McCormick on USA's In Plain Sight.

Isn't there supposed to be someone dedicated to continuity working these shows?   Either that aspect is missing from most of these shows or I've finally lost what was left of my mind.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I had my 90210 moment when the guest star names flashed up at the start of the episode and I immediately realized Mr. Walsh was going to appear. It was weird to see him again. I felt bad for the character and the loss of his wife. And I miss Cece. 

I wasn't expecting Crockett to be Zoroastrian but when he said he was not Muslim, I expected him to say he was B'Hai (probably spelled wrong). The friends I have who are Persian American all were B'Hai due to persecution in Iran. Natalie's mom was pretty awful but kind of realistic for a lot of moms.

applying a sliding scale for this show---I've actually started to kind of like Marcel and Natalie. I mean it's better than her with Will. 

• Love 1
On 4/8/2021 at 10:51 AM, Tallulah7606 said:

Yes! This! 

Couldn't agree more. Since the start of this show, there's been ZERO character growth amongst all these characters. Natalie aways has to be right, even if it means breaking the law. Will doesn't respect the decisions of his patients. Choi constantly judges his patients. 

I would like to see these characters grow like the Randolph Bell character has grown on The Resident. A guy that only cared about his own interests, no matter the cost, to being an advocate for all patients and a guy that can be counted on to do the right thing.

When there is no character growth, the storylines on the show just become stagnant.

• Love 3

I really can't say I found anything that good about this episode, with the exception of Michael making the right choice to leave the hospital because of the obvious conflict of interest with his mother.

Natalie and Crockett working together, again. Shocking. As someone mentioned earlier, did she switch specialities all of a sudden, because I remember her being a pediatric physician. Just because the two are in a relationship doesn't mean they always need to be working together in every episode. That definitely wasn't the case when she and Will were a couple. And really, after 5-6 episodes together, they love each other? That seems so forced, and Crockett seems so out of character with her. Ugh.

April once again violates protocol. What else is new? But have to admit that is a tough situation to be in, when the patient is coding and there's no time to wait for a doctor. She waits, the patient is dead. But bringing up that she could be fired just rings hollow at this point. At this hospital, nobody gets fired. What April did is not the worst thing that's been done.

And this show really needs to stop doing COVID storylines, considering they've done a piss-poor job at portraying it.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 2