Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E05: The Blind Auditions, Part 5

• Start Topic

More snap thoughts!!

In a vacuum, I totally understand why Almond & Olive got 0 turns. They weren't very good. However, how many duets in the history of The Voice were turned down? How many didn't get at least 1 chair to turn the instant we heard any harmonies from them whatsoever? Just very odd that they decided to break the streak this season.

So the 1st Savanna is a globe trotting, Zombie singing almost Rocker. I'm sold. I'm in love lol 🙂 The 2nd Savanna(h) was giving me Sierra Hull vibes. I'm glad she at least got Blake to turn for her..

If the next to last singer who took Brandy's jam "I wanna be down" to a back alley and brutalized it would've gotten a chair to turn, I think I might have been out on the rest of the season just on principle. That was horrid.

Rio might be the rare female auditioner on any talent show with a deeper voice than Adele.

Jordan Matthew, I couldn't decide until about halfway through whether or not I liked his voice. I think I landed on a slight like...that said, I feel pretty confident he's cannon fodder on Team Blake (despite getting 3 chairs)

Lindsay Joan has one of my favorite voices we've heard so far. She's absolutely the favorite (or at least co-favorite) on Team Kelly

• Love 2

I've never been a fan of duos or trios on this show - (I think there's been a trio?) - it just seems weird to me to have them compete against a solo singer for some reason. The one tonight has a good name (sounds like it could be a restaurant as well), but they weren't very good. 

So far I am enjoying this season, I think there are some really good singers. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

I couldn’t help but laugh at the teen who was totally Gaga over Blake but it was Nick who turned for her

And then he goes "she reacted to you the way people usually react to me." Lol

I genuinely enjoyed tonight. This season has finally found its footing. Strong night for PowerPoint. They're using this in grade four?? Damn I was still tracing my hand and watching another kid eat glue.

I think the second Savanna is sleeper voice of the show if Blake wants to invest the time. Some beautiful qualities. Surprised Kelly didn't turn. Maybe she was still recovering from definitely not you Jordan.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

I genuinely enjoyed tonight. This season has finally found its footing. Strong night for PowerPoint. They're using this in grade four?? Damn I was still tracing my hand and watching another kid eat glue.

I think the second Savanna is sleeper voice of the show if Blake wants to invest the time. Some beautiful qualities. Surprised Kelly didn't turn. Maybe she was still recovering from definitely not you Jordan.

I enjoy Nick on the show mainly because he's kind, funny and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Jordan Matthew was super rude with that comment about choosing between Nick and Blake (and eliminating Kelly). Like...no one needed to know that, dude.

Some of the singers were great tonight. I'm glad the coaches are getting pickier but it does mean that, inevitably, someone with a lot of potential will slip through the cracks.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Jal said:

ordan Matthew was super rude with that comment about choosing between Nick and Blake (and eliminating Kelly). Like...no one needed to know that, dude.

Super rude.   She joked it off after with the other judges, but in the moment she looked upset and quite taken aback.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Super rude.   She joked it off after with the other judges, but in the moment she looked upset and quite taken aback.  

John even said something about knowing third place and that's never been done before.

16 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

It was funny especially when Kelly said and she's only 15.  So you would expect a 15 year old to have a crush on Nick vs. Blake.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

Strong night for PowerPoint. They're using this in grade four?? Damn I was still tracing my hand and watching another kid eat glue.

LOL! I got a kick out of the 2 girls and their PowerPoint conversation.

I did not like the duo at all, I thought their voices were to wispy and they didn't harmonize very well either.

I also thought that guy was rude to say that to Kelly.

I still haven't found a favorite. And I wonder why some contestants get a longer intro then others. I guess it depends on their sob story.

I like Nick and had to giggle at the Blake PowerPoint he drew in his note book and his memes, the puppy hater LOL!!

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
  • Love 3

I was very glad that the duo didn’t make it. I’m a sucker for good harmonies and theirs...weren’t.

I laughed at Nick’s reaction to not being fawned over, and actually kind of understand his surprise. I’m not a squee-ing fangirl (too old for his target demo anyway) but the fact that she didn’t even seem to notice him made me laugh. I’m glad he seemed to take it with good humor.

Back-to-back Indie Girls with Stupid Personality Hats. This show is trolling me.

• Love 3
On 3/16/2021 at 1:14 AM, ChristmasJones said:

I've never been a fan of duos or trios on this show - (I think there's been a trio?) - it just seems weird to me to have them compete against a solo singer for some reason. The one tonight has a good name (sounds like it could be a restaurant as well), but they weren't very good. 

There was a trio last season; remember the mother and her two daughters? And I agree that groups shouldn't really compete against solo singers

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I actually don't mind when duo's or trios (there's been only two...last season's Worth the Wait and a sibling trio called the Bundy's a couple seasons further back) compete on the Voice.

I love the harmonies. I wouldn't even mind if they opened it up to fully formed bands like they do on some of the international versions of the Voice (sorry Paul). The problem is, the show literally picks out one duo/trio (maybe two in some of the earlier seasons) to be the token duo/trio out of all 50 (I'm guessing) acts to sing for the judges in a given season. If you are going to have them feel like a more organic part of the show instead of a gimmick you need to have at least 8 to 10 of the 50 (again, I'm guessing) auditioning acts be duos/trios/bands. That way each Coach would have an opportunity (if they wanted to) to have a duo/trio/band or multiple duos/trios/bands as a part of their team. Then it wouldn't be like a magic trick or supernatural occurrence in the context of the Blinds to hear a multi-person harmony followed by a coach or coaches reflexively pushing their buttons just because of that happening (Almond & Olive not withstanding)..

• Love 1

I loved Savanna with the simple country version of "Hold Me Now". It is the only performance out of the season that I am going to rewatch and recommend that people watch. 

I love the purity and simplicity of her voice. Hope she doesn't get ruined by the "system".  I want her to stay true to herself.

• Love 2