Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: For The Want Of A Nail

• Start Topic

Airing on March 17, 2021:

As Manning deals with her own trauma, she steps in to help a mother in need. Dean continues to stir the pot with more than one doctor. A patient comes to Med needing immediate treatment but doesn't want it from them.

Ramona seemed like someone we could all identify with when she found out she was at Chicago Med and immediately wanted to get the f**k out of there, didn’t she? 😆 It was obvious she would imprint on Dr. Charles like a baby duck.

Free Dr. Marcel! What did he do to deserve being hooked up with Natalie? 🤢

Maggie, you projected your situation on that girl. Maybe she can’t take care of a special needs baby.

• Love 7

What a mixed bag of shit.

1) Get rid of Dean ASAP he's worse than April could ever be

2) Ethan grow a pair and stop being a pussy

3) Manning & Crockett sign the papers for HR. They're supposed to protect your privacy. If anyone says anything tell them to f**k off.  It's not like you'll be the first to play house together.

4) Dr. Charles run away FAST from the crazy 

5) Maggie stop all the delusions of grandeur. Your daughter may very well tell you to f**k off.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

I didn’t like the way they made Maggie say that if you really love your baby, you’ll not place in adoption.  That’s crazy.  And love is not the only resource you need As a young, single parent.  The young mother got pressured by Maggie. I didn’t like the way it seemed to say that placing your child for adoption means you don’t love them and will lead to misery.  Outdated mentality. 

I do like DR. Charles.  He seems so different than when he played on THE Big C.   

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

Dean is a real piece of work. Weird how he missed the gallbladder issue but caught the genetic condition (and was obsessive about it to). Manning and Crockett did undercut him, but they were right. Then he tattled on them to Ethan

• Love 5
6 hours ago, jabRI said:

Honestly,  the writing is horrible. Felt like I was listening to high schoolers.

This is what happens when writers focus more on manufacturing drama than on having the show focus on it's namesake. The medical part of the show seems to be centered around the personal drama, more and more. It's same thing I feel when watching Fire. And this is a sad departure from how Dick Wolf shows usually are.

I immediately rolled my eyes as soon as I saw the promo for this episode.

• Love 4

I was confused by how this show portrays the wearing of face masks. Two characters walk INTO the hospital, taking OFF their masks.  Logically, that would be the time to put them ON. I get that they don't want to film the whole show with everyone's faces covered,  but that seemed to be giving a contradictory message.

• Love 9

So Maggie has succumbed to the shitty character curse that has infected everyone on this show? She was my last hope. (not really but she wasn't AS bad as the other feckless dolts.)

As already mentioned above.....SO giving up a child to adoption is a sign that you don't love your child and you will regret it forever and live a miserable life from here on in? Yuck. And the way she swooped down on that poor mother and demanded she take a used blanket was all kinds of weird.

It still annoys me, perhaps irrationally, that pregnant women come into the ER and nobody ever mentions getting someone from OB down. OB should be called the moment the mother arrived on through the doors bleeding like that. And they way they tell people about their conditions is ridiculous. It's like they are given a twenty word limit. "You have placenta previa & need an operation to save your baby." Did that woman look like she knew what you were talking about Natalie? 

Is lack of bedside manner a pre-requisite to getting a job at this hell hole with fluoro lighting? The Paediatrician was awful the way she told the mother her baby had a birth defect. If they can't do the five different storylines justice in one episode perhaps they should stop trying to cram so much into each episode. 

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, cameron said:

Guess we are suppose to forget that Will and Natalie were an item and suppose to get married a few seasons ago.  Don't think they had a meeting with the HR department then.

Or Will & Dr. Druggie (can't remember her name), Drs. Rhodes & Bekker, Dr. Reese and the guy in the test lab, Dr. Rhodes & Dr. Charles daughter, and likely more that I can't recall.

• Love 7

This show might as well be called Chicago Med Anatomy.

Nataloon makes a rare appearance this season. While Dean is not likable, he is still a doctor, and his opinion on a patient's diagnosis should stand. But once again, Natalie disagrees and because she always has to be right, goes behind Dean's back to her boyfriend, who she knows will have her back. Another reason why these inner-work relationships create stupid conflicts. And it's funny how she's worried about their relationship being public knowledge, when she is the one who loudly told Crockett in the lobby "I so want to make out with you right now." Everybody in the immediate area, including Dean, heard that. So come off it.

Ethan needs to grow some balls. That's all I'll say about him.

Will's clinical trial storyline has become very boring. They ended his relationship with Asher for this? Every case he seems to do, save for the crazy lady in this episode, might be a potential trial patient.

And man, what has happened to Maggie? Now she's projecting her problems onto a young, scared mother. Ugh.

• Love 4
On 3/19/2021 at 8:40 AM, tinkerbell said:

I was confused by how this show portrays the wearing of face masks. Two characters walk INTO the hospital, taking OFF their masks.  Logically, that would be the time to put them ON. I get that they don't want to film the whole show with everyone's faces covered,  but that seemed to be giving a contradictory message.

We've all talked about it. Of all the Chicago shows, Med's portrayal of the pandemic is especially mind-boggling. It's stupid to have paramedics bring in patients, while wearing masks, and saying so-and-so is COVID negative, but the doctors aren't wearing any masks. You had that couple talking about the pandemic and how they've been social distancing until they can see their grandson. But nobody is social distancing in that room, and nobody has masks on. And most important, visitors are being allowed in the ER. I've said it before that these shows, especially Med, were better off doing a time jump if they were going to do such a lackluster job in portraying the pandemic.

• Love 5
On 3/22/2021 at 2:38 AM, WinJet0819 said:

We've all talked about it. Of all the Chicago shows, Med's portrayal of the pandemic is especially mind-boggling. It's stupid to have paramedics bring in patients, while wearing masks, and saying so-and-so is COVID negative, but the doctors aren't wearing any masks. You had that couple talking about the pandemic and how they've been social distancing until they can see their grandson. But nobody is social distancing in that room, and nobody has masks on. And most important, visitors are being allowed in the ER. I've said it before that these shows, especially Med, were better off doing a time jump if they were going to do such a lackluster job in portraying the pandemic.

Right. Its as though the hospital is somehow a covid-free zone, and the virus respects the perimeter. 

• Love 1

I've started making up my own storylines. I expect Dean to have a short arc where he does something that leads to him being fired. Show writers--how about you step up the writing, develop a character and have him settle in, stay on the show, remain a bit crusty but start to get how things work and become a team player? a person who occasionally oversteps but isn't a jerk? 

Choi telling Manning about the need to report to HR was funny--that he and April was less of an issue--uh, actually no, since you are in a position of power compared to April as opposed to Manning and Marcel who are both doctors and neither supervises the other. 

I thought they would have Maggie adopt the baby so at least one story resolved itself differently from what I expected. 

• Love 3