Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Out with the Old

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wade, Forrest and Ben decide to schedule colonoscopy appointments at the same time after they learn that Ben is scared to go; Michelle tries to avoid her sister Meg's boyfriend drama, but Delia winds up getting over-involved in Meg's issues.

Original air date: 3/18/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

This episode will be preempted tonight due to the Biden speech. Young Sheldon, B Positive and Mom each move back 30 minutes but I guess they didn’t want to do the same for Clarice. 🤦🏼‍♂️No word on when it will air. Logic says to push the last two episodes back two weeks and ditch the repeat scheduled for the 25th. 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/03/the-unicorn-cbs-pre-empts-tonights.html

Edited by nelroy78
17 hours ago, nelroy78 said:

This episode will be preempted tonight due to the Biden speech. Young Sheldon, B Positive and Mom each move back 30 minutes but I guess they didn’t want to do the same for Clarice. 🤦🏼‍♂️No word on when it will air. Logic says to push the last two episodes back two weeks and ditch the repeat scheduled for the 25th. 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/03/the-unicorn-cbs-pre-empts-tonights.html

Thanks for the explanation!  I was puzzled by what my DVR actually recorded last night, and I wondered if Pres. Biden's speech had something to do with it.  I can wait.  😁

Not sure this question fits in here, but I have been watching this show for a while and I am confused about how many children Ben and Michelle have, we only seem to to see Noah?  Don’t they have 3 other children?

3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Not sure this question fits in here, but I have been watching this show for a while and I am confused about how many children Ben and Michelle have, we only seem to to see Noah?  Don’t they have 3 other children?

At least 2 girls I think. I believe we have seen them a few times

I’ve noticed the 3 guys have a very easy friendship while the 2 women don’t quite have that. I wonder what it was like when Wade’s wife was alive

• Love 3

The Guys' story reminded me of a story either Tom Hanks or Martin Short told on Letterman years ago. Hanks, Short, Steve Martin, and Jeffrey Katzenberg all had their colonoscopies at the same time. They did their prep at Martin's house because he had the most bathrooms and they spent the night playing poker. The order that they were knocked out of the game was the reverse order they did their exams.

4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

They have four children. Sahai is the oldest at 13, two years younger than Grace and around the same age as Addie. She appears somewhat regularly. Noah, the oldest boy. Zoey, the youngest girl. Kai, the youngest overall. It was him starting kindergarten that pushed Michelle to go back to school as she would no longer have kids at home during the day. Zoey and Kai don't appear too much, but get referenced somewhat often. All four kids appeared in the episode about Shannon's birthday. The one where Forrest gives Noah the water gun. If you are on the West Coast, it was the episode that aired last week.

Edited by ZoqFotPik
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, ZoqFotPik said:

The Guys' story reminded me of a story either Tom Hanks or Martin Short told on Letterman years ago. Hanks, Short, Steve Martin, and Jeffrey Katzenberg all had their colonoscopies at the same time. They did their prep at Martin's house because he had the most bathrooms

As soon as they suggested having a sleepover the night before, I thought you'd better pick the person whose house has the most bathrooms! When Wade later said his house only had two bathrooms, I was like ugh, you really did not think this through!

I enjoyed that storyline much more than Delia butting into Meg's relationship. And of course Meg didn't give Delia and Michelle all the pertinent information!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ZoqFotPik said:

The Guys' story reminded me of a story either Tom Hanks or Martin Short told on Letterman years ago. Hanks, Short, Steve Martin, and Jeffrey Katzenberg all had their colonoscopies at the same time. They did their prep at Martin's house because he had the most bathrooms and they spent the night playing poker. The order that they were knocked out of the game was the reverse order they did their exams.

There was an episode of Men of a Certain Age where they all got colonoscopies.  They went to a big hotel in Palm Springs for prep night.

• Love 3
On 3/19/2021 at 1:27 AM, ZoqFotPik said:

They have four children. Sahai is the oldest at 13, two years younger than Grace and around the same age as Addie. She appears somewhat regularly. Noah, the oldest boy. Zoey, the youngest girl. Kai, the youngest overall. It was him starting kindergarten that pushed Michelle to go back to school as she would no longer have kids at home during the day. Zoey and Kai don't appear too much, but get referenced somewhat often. All four kids appeared in the episode about Shannon's birthday.

And Natalie (Grace's younger sister/Wade's younger daughter) is the same age as Sahai and Addie.  All 3 girls were on the same soccer team.

• Love 1

I guess GIs and colonoscopy centers are really hurting for business due to the pandemic. I read that many people have put off standard screenings this past year (I know I have). My doctor's office is sending out information about it too. Part of me agrees that we should get the screenings, but the other, older, more cynical part of me thinks it is all a racket for them to make money.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

I guess GIs and colonoscopy centers are really hurting for business due to the pandemic. I read that many people have put off standard screenings this past year (I know I have). My doctor's office is sending out information about it too. Part of me agrees that we should get the screenings, but the other, older, more cynical part of me thinks it is all a racket for them to make money.

I have put off any medical appointments that don't seem 100% urgent because I don't really want to spend an hour sitting in a waiting room with a bunch of other people's potential COVID germs. I went to the doctor to get a flu shot in the fall (and everyone had the same idea about not wanting to be inside the waiting room so there were about twenty people scattered up and down the sidewalk in front of the building waiting to get called in) and I went to my optometrist (because a prescription is only good for a year and then they won't let you order more contacts).

I'm fine with annual screenings. I look at them the same way I look at going to the optometrist to get your vision checked. You want to have a baseline and a medical history to refer back to so that any changes will be noticed. But I was also fine with putting off most of them last year so I can see why some medical centers may have had decreased business recently.

I don't know if I'd be so supportive of any medical screenings that I would schedule mine with two of my friends, but that's tv for you!

I have a pediatrician friend who told me last summer that her business had dropped by 1/3. People were not coming in for routine stuff and were putting off anything that didn't seem urgent. 

But I also think a lot of people avoid colonoscopies, even when there's no pandemic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1