Type keyword(s) to search

BURN!! Best Movie Insults

• Start Topic

On 1/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, lasu said:

Dangerous Liaisons: a single word..."war."  Gives me chills.

And the Marquise  sure proved Representative Jeannette Rankin correct by its outcome-"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake!" 

The Dark Knight:

Batman: [after tying up the Scarecrow, the mobsters, and the fake "batmen"] Don't let me find you out here again.
Fake Batman: We're trying to help you.
Batman: I don't need help!
The Scarecrow: [sarcastically] Not my diagnosis.
Fake Batman: What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?!
Batman: I'm not wearing hockey pads!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Glass Onion:

”Nobody tried to kill you, you vainglorious buffoon!”

Also:

"It's a dangerous thing to mistake speaking without thought for speaking the truth."

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 6/22/2021 at 5:40 PM, Scarlett45 said:

A fav of mine.

Titanic 1997:

Rose to Cal- "I would rather be his whore than your wife."

Seconding this one.

Also, the entire "proposal" scene between Belle and Gaston in Beauty and the Beast is basically Belle low-key insulting him.

Gaston: We'll have six or seven.

Belle: Dogs?

Gaston: No, Belle! Strapping boys, like me!

Belle: Imagine that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

A surprisingly good one from New Moon... no, not the Twilight movie, the 1940 musical with Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy.

Charles Duc de Villiers: Anger makes you very charming, mademoiselle.

Marianne de Beaumanoir: Patronizing makes you very boring, monsieur.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Amadeus:

”Herr Zomer?! But the man’s a complete mediocrity.”

”No, no…he has yet to achieve mediocrity.” 

And later:

”Tell him (the Emperor) that (Zomer) could do musical harm to the Princess Elisabeth.”

”Between you and me, no one in the world could do musical harm to the Princess Elizabeth.”

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

How is it nobody—myself included—has mentioned the all-time movie burn king John Gielgud aka Hobson from Arthur?! To make up for that, here are his best ones:

“You obviously have a wonderful economy with words, Gloria. I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness.”

“Of course you hate (this place). People work here.”

”Here, read this magazine. There are many pictures.”

”Thank you for a memorable afternoon, usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature.”

”If you and your undershirt will walk two paces backwards, I could enter this dwelling.”

”Now, would you go to the bathroom and bring me two aspirin? You'll find them on the top shelf to the left, behind the untouched shaving cream.”

And finally:

”You spoiled little bastard! You're a man who has everything, haven't you, but that's not enough. You feel unloved, Arthur, welcome to the world. Everyone is unloved. Now stop feeling sorry for yourself. And incidentally, I love you.”

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

From Uncle Buck (full of great insults), but one I often quote is Tia to her mother in the beginning after she has brought home Chinese food

”What a lovely dinner, Mother, how do you find the time” 

A voice absolutely dripping in sarcasm…just perfect 

• Like 2
(edited)

(Reposting because it got deleted)

From the late Glynis Johns in Mary Poppins, a burn in song form: “Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group, they’re rather stupid.”

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3