Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: It's A Face Not A Mask

• Start Topic

I like it more after two than I did after one but I'm a little concerned about how good they made the self harm look.  A bit triggering if that was your thing.  But they did the plan B thing after the unmentioned unprotected sex thing so we'll see where this goes going forward.  

Ginny was on the phone with her dad in the first episode, right?  So whatever relationship they have with books and phone calls is real as opposed to Austin's letters?

• Love 1
On 2/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Okay, after two episodes, this seems like it’s going very dark. Not sure how I feel about that. 

I was thinking that if the show had made a bigger impact it would have motivated protest like Kids or Cuties

It is a strange world nobody recognizes race until they do at the store with Ginny not thinking she is White or Black enough when many others seem as racially ambiguous as her.

With house poor  Georgia now a quasi  criminal using her son's credit as a PI is coming to town I wonder how they will get the first wife off of their back.

• Love 2

Netflix, or at least Netflix on my US account, still claims this is its number one show, so I started watching it again. And goddammit, it’s holding up really well to rewatch and I’m enjoying it more than the first time. 

I also really like the actress who plays Georgia. The casting for her teen self was really good, too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 3/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, kieyra said:

I also really like the actress who plays Georgia. The casting for her teen self was really good, too. 

The teen version of Georgia is kind of amazing. They did a much better job with her than with Zion, I thought. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I just discovered this show and really like it. I thought I'd transcribe what the conversation was between the PI and Kenny's ex-wife for my benefit and maybe your's:

[PI] Here’s what I found on your ex-husband’s widow. Georgia’s real name is Mary. She was born in Alabama to mother Daisy Atkins. Her father Shane Reilly currently serving time in New Mexico for attempted murder. When Mary was six years old, her mother remarried a man named Ed Atkins. Now, from age 14 to 18, Mary’s lived completely off the grid. But at some point, she reemerged and started going by Georgia Miller. She has two kids with two different men. Zion Miller is a photographer. They were never married, but she took his name. Gil Timmins is her son’s father and is serving time for fraud and embezzlement. There are big gaps in the timeline because Georgia’s always on the move.

[ex-wife] I’m not letting that trash get Kenny’s money. Can we take her down?

[PI] I’m headed p to Wellsbury tomorrow. Don’t you worry. If there’s something, I’ll find it.

• Love 3

Watching everything again because I seem to be obsessed with Brianne Howey.

Two things I noticed from Ep 2:

The English teacher said only one person got perfect on the pop quiz, Hunter.

Then they showed that Ginny got perfect as well.  Holy shit, how disgusting is that?

Then when Marcus and Max's Mom was complaining about them, she said something like "I don't expect this lying and sneaking around from Max.  I expect it from Marcus." And in the background you hear Marcus say "Hey!"  😁

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Watching everything again because I seem to be obsessed with Brianne Howey.

You and me both. She is fantastic. Her expressions are perfect. Esp. when Ginny tells her that she is a terrible mother, Georgia got a flattered expression on her face. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2021 at 2:34 PM, SJC said:

You and me both. She is fantastic. Her expressions are perfect. Esp. when Ginny tells her that she is a terrible mother, Georgia got a flattered expression on her face. LOL

Georgia:  Yeah respect me, you little shit!

• LOL 3

I just started watching this show and got sucked right in! How does she do that? Don't they check the social and see how old he is? She's going to ruin his credit before he has a chance to use it.