Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Georgeanna

(edited)

Thank God they didn't make her strip down for the weigh-in in front of her church group.  I wonder if Georgeanna or her husband put their foot down about that.  And I may just start a drinking game every time Heidi says "Look at you!"  You'd think the editors would tell her to knock it off.  Overall I found this angst-free story of a hard worker refreshing, especially after Brandi last week.  Georgeanne looked great at the finale, and it was a blast to see all those former Olympic gymnasts.

Edited by DietCokeJunkie
  • Love 3

Seeing Bart Connor was really the highlight of the show for me.

I'm usually "meh" about the 90 day makeover, but holy smokes, this one was bad. I'm glad she ditched the extensions at the first opportunity, and went even shorter by the end.

Once again, a former athlete buckles down and gets it done. I shouldn't have spent so much time on debate club and yearbook staff.

• Love 3
(edited)

They should absolutely get rid of that stylist - does s/he hate the clients for some reason? Secretly believe s/he should be the one on camera? If there is one thing you don't do to someone trying to look as slim as possible, it's create horizontal lines across the body. But this stylist puts her in a long red sweater that hugs the hips, and then tops it with a short jacket that stops above the waist. The effect is a nice wide red stripe emphasizing the widest point of Georgeanna's body. And just to add a little more emphasis, let's make sure that short jacket has a peplum in the back, jutting out over the red hip band and adding more volume and attention to the area. And why is everything always so tight? Yes, Stacy and Clinton taught me that big floaty caftans are not the way to go to minimize bulk, but neither are sausage casings.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3

Georgeanna was a fantastic contestant (no crying, no lying about food/workouts, no need for the PI, etc). However, the double standard for the pastor's wife was irritating. The stripping down at the beginning is always so important, even on The View. Yet Georgeanna got to skip this vital step of transformation. Also, absolutely no footage of meeting with the Dr. for skin surgery? The Powells would not have done this for any other contestant.

The 90-day makeover was hideous. Who gives extensions to a woman on a 1-year workout plan? It was like they were trying to make her a mini (or big) Heidi. I was relieved to see she took them out.

Heidi is just irritating. She's so thin with the most enormous implants, fake tan, fake blonde, etc. If Chris had to force his wife on the show, couldn't it have been a season where she wasn't pregnant? I'm over seeing her pregnant at the beginning of every episode.

But, this is all taking away from Georgeanna's hard work. She did make the most of this, and her husband did a great job too.

It was nice seeing all the old Olympic athletes as well.

The first weigh-in took place at the church, right, and with a lot of youth present? The church may have a formal or informal dress code, at least for the kids. In my imagination, the producers pushed for the usual ill-fitting sports bra, bare midriff, and too-tight shorts, and were met with a firm "Not in THIS church".

I'm curious about the surgery, though. They completely skipped the meeting with the doctor, right? And at no point did I look at her and think, "Wow, they need to get some of that out of the way." Maybe it was just how she dressed, but... hmm.

I actually appreciated at first when Georganna didn't strip down because I thought it was for religious reasons, but then I remembered she was stripped down in front of the mirror and also later in the episode.  So, it didn't make sense.  But, again, I still can kind of appreciate it because these people are their flock, followers, parish, whatever they are called... (sorry- non-religious person here.  I'm not trying to mock, I really don't know what they are called).  So, I give them a pass.

I thought she looked nicer with the longer hair, but I HAAAAATE extensions.  I believe that women need to figure out the best hairstyle for the hair type you actually have.  I agree with Ketzel about the clothes, but thought this was one of the better make-overs.  Not that it was good, but just by comparison with the other train wrecks!

I didn't mind Georganna, but I don't think she was the gymnast she (or the producers) made herself out to be.  I can't remember her exact words, but I thought she didn't even have a handspring when she was a kid.  Right?  Even if SHE did but the other team members didn't, a handspring does not make an elite gymnast.  There was only one picture of her in her "gymnastics" days...  I just think she was more like me.  LOVED gymnastics (like, obsessed), had pictures of all of the elite gymnasts all over her wall (I'm a little younger, so I don't remember Nadia's 1976 Olympics, but I was obsessed with both the men's and women's 1984 team), took some classes and WANTED to be a great gymnast but just never had the skills.  Maybe they had "meets" for the parents to see where their money is going, but.... I could be wrong but I just don't think she was what they tried to portray her to be.  BUT, having said all of that, I don't think that's a bad thing.  She had a sport she loved, she had a goal to aspire to and she made it with no fuss and she worked hard.  I don't think it was Georganna playing up her skill level but the stupid producers who felt they had to make it more sensational or something. 

Actually, Georganna inspired me.  If she can get a back handspring at 44 then I can easily make some goal (not that one, a different one TBD) for me to reach at 41.  Also, I may show parts of this episode to my daughter who is 16 and has been struggling to get her back handspring for cheerleading.  She's the only one on her team without one.  I know it's mental and not physical. 

Does anyone here know how tall she is? That really drives me bats that they don't tell the height or if they did I missed it. At the 90 day weigh in at 221 pounds she did 't look huge imo.

This Heidi person is THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON ON TV! I am also an ex-gymnast and old now so I really enjoyed the gymnastic aspect of this. A back handspring is a really hard skill. Anyway even when I was young, fit and competing in gymnastics it was hard! Good for her because that shit hurts! It's scary and painful. 

Hiedi-  SHUT UP!! Her THs have nothing to add! She acts like what she is saying is so so deep. Then just going on and on about "Go For It" and the perfectionism. Screw you with your fake hair, fake boobs, fake tan, fake teeth! Why would she have any clue how hard it is to be in your 40s trying to lose wieght and do a back handspring "just go for it"? She ruins the show!

I totally forgot to add what I was going to say about Heidi!  Why does she think she looks good??  I think the super skinny body, HUGE fake boobs, fake(?) tan and fake blonde hair is so gross.  She is just totally fake. 

This Heidi person is THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON ON TV! I am also an ex-gymnast and old now so I really enjoyed the gymnastic aspect of this. A back handspring is a really hard skill. Anyway even when I was young, fit and competing in gymnastics it was hard! Good for her because that shit hurts! It's scary and painful. 

Hiedi-  SHUT UP!! Her THs have nothing to add! She acts like what she is saying is so so deep. Then just going on and on about "Go For It" and the perfectionism. Screw you with your fake hair, fake boobs, fake tan, fake teeth! Why would she have any clue how hard it is to be in your 40s trying to lose wieght and do a back handspring "just go for it"? She ruins the show!

THIS.

And her "Don't be scared" made me barf a little. Be scared because it's fucking scary! and then try to attempt it anyway. Heidi... do STFU.

Wow, another episode where the person just buckled down and got to work.  I'm not sure if I'm happy that they seem to be looking for less crazy people or unhappy because I only watch reality to see the CRAZY.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did a psychologist with an active license suggest doing that floor routine in front of an audience? I felt bad watching it. The whole judging panel and all that was just... IDK the words. I get conquering your fears and all, but that seemed embarrassing in a way that was not necessary. I admire her. It was awesome that she did that at 181 pounds (and the cartwheels at 315 lbs and 44 years of age.)

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

Random thought/question - What exactly is included in the "pay it forward" gift certificate for one week at the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center? Because the beginning of every episode mentions the first week at the center being dedicated to  medical tests and physical exams. Is that what Georgeanna's sister is going to get, or is there some other program there for week-long visits?

Maybe the pay it forward program is some sort of condensed thing that includes a health assessment and workouts.

I must admit that now that the "scholarship" has replaced the Walmart goodies at the reveal, I've taken to trying to peg who the recipient will be while the cameras are showing the audience.  Totally nailed it last night.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks, AV8n.  Google came through when I finally got energetic enough to use it. :-) The gift certificate is for the "Destination Boot Camp," and the program is described here.  It seems it's the first phase of a four phase program, and I am cynically guessing that if the lucky recipient of the gift certificate wants to experience the whole thing, she's going to have to pay for phases 2-4 herself.

Edited by Ketzel

I thought Georgeanna at her heaviest still had a lot more natural beauty than Busted Barbie Heidi. She adds nothing to this show but hate.

I was glad to see the shirtless weigh in gone, whatever the reason.

• Love 1

I had to double take at the husbands teeth also! Yikes!!

Georgeanna looked good at the end, even though I know she was spanxed to high heaven.

She will probably keep it off since Pastor Frankenteeth was into working out also.

I just couldn't bring myself to like Georgeanna or her story and I can't put my finger on why.  There is something about her that just screamed ringer to me (as much as a ringer could be on this show).  It seemed too easy from start to finish and while I don't begrudge her the weight that she lost, she just didn't move me. 

• Love 1

THIS.

And her "Don't be scared" made me barf a little. Be scared because it's fucking scary! and then try to attempt it anyway. Heidi... do STFU.

I loved it when Georgeanne told Heide "If I do it ,will you back off."  And she said it in a no kidding way.  I too thought Heidi and Chris treated her with a different level of respect than most clients.  And I was glad that she did not take her clothes off at the church.  I don't want to see my pastor's wife unrobed.

• Love 2

I loved it when Georgeanne told Heide "If I do it ,will you back off."  And she said it in a no kidding way.  I too thought Heidi and Chris treated her with a different level of respect than most clients.  And I was glad that she did not take her clothes off at the church.  I don't want to see my pastor's wife unrobed.

THIS!

Also, even though this one was in her undies on camera in front of a mirror and she knew it'd likely be televised, that to me is still so very different than disrobing in front of people (vs. only the camera person being there and the potential viewers, which happens later and not right there in real time.) I didn't say that well, but you get the gist. :) 

• Love 4

Yeah, Georgeanna was in a DRESS, maybe that's the secret for not having to take off your top in front  of everyone. 

She did look amazing at the end.  I wasn't thrilled  about the gymnastics stuff, but I get that it was important to her. 

I DO like that the show sees weights of 150 or 160 as beautiful. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who fast-forwards through all of Bob's speeches at the final reveal.  I just can't listen to it all. 

• Love 1

Does anyone here know how tall she is? That really drives me bats that they don't tell the height or if they did I missed it. At the 90 day weigh in at 221 pounds she did 't look huge imo.

Wikipedia lists Chris's height at 5'8" and Georgeanne looked a couple inches shorter, so maybe 5'6" or so?

• Love 1

LOL! I thought I was the only one shallow enough to notice it. It looked like those fake hillbilly teeth you wear for funny photos.

The 90 day stylist should be fired. 'Nuff said.

I couldn't keep my eyes off Heidi's veiny giant boobs.

I loved this episode because usually the athletic stories bore me, but this was right up my alley. Nadia was such a star in my youth. I spent hours tumbling in my yard. I used to do a back handspring every year too ( quit when I was 30).

This episode didn't show her having any struggles though, as far as cheating on the diet or having trouble staying motivated. Either it was edited out or she *is* perfect! LOL!

I thought her arms looked great at the end & they were pretty flappy in the beginning. He did a great job if she had surgery on them.

P.S. Any one else think Mary Lou Retton looked strange?

• Love 1