Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Jungle Love

Two survivalists are challenged to survive 21 days in the Nicaraguan rainforest. Battling freezing nights, severe dehydration, and each other, can polar opposites work together to survive 21 days when one is vegetarian and the other is a meat eater?

Let me guess... the guy is the alpha male, meat-eating hunter who cooks squirrels that run through his backyard.  The woman is the delicate vegetarian who can forage for berries and nuts and edible plants.

For once it'd be nice to break stereotypes and see a vegetarian dude paired with a girl that only eats meat.

• Love 1

I really liked both of them.  They both had good attitudes, were capable and worked well together.  I like the way he encouraged, but did not pressure her to temporarily give up her vegetarian ways, for the sake of her health.  I respect her for both holding onto her ideals as long as she could, and for being flexible enough to give in and eat the yummy lizard when she realized she really needed to. 

It was nice to see two people who were so different, respect each other, learn from one another and work together so well. 

• Love 3

I liked this episode. Both of the people talked without denigrating the other. They respected each others moral choices and suggested without hostility.  He knew that she was going to need more calories and the protein, but didn't scream at her. Just suggested. They respected each other.

• Love 2

Why didn't they gather the rain water on the first night so they didn't have to worry about it the next day, or the next few days?  On a previous episode I've seen the "contestants" drink the rain water from leaves after a rainfall so why didn't they do that?

I thought for sure these two were going to hook up.

Yeah, it is easy for me to play arm chair quarterback when watching this show...

• Love 2

That was weird how they kept pushing the love aspect (and on the Facebook too) when he clearly had a girlfriend. Even in the "Behind the Scenes" preview episode before this season, they promoted it as an episode where they could potentially fall in love. Kinda icky.

I liked how they helped better each other. It was like the EJ and Laura episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Adam was a true survivalist.  He seemed to know exactly what he was doing when hunting; like killing a venomous snake (!eek!) and more importantly he was mentally tough.   I thought it really sucked that his PSA score only increased slightly.   He was comparable to EJ.

Her (Jacklyn?)  meh.   Whatever.  She knew about plants.  K.

Although, how did her hair stay so nice all that time?  It still had wave/bounce and looked healthy.  She also looked like she had a light spackling of makeup on !  Was that youth or a bit of production shenanigans ?   If that was pure youth I'd raise her PSA score in the maintaining your looks under dire circumstances department.     Bitch got game in that respect.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 3

Although, how did her hair stay so nice all that time?  It still had wave/bounce and looked healthy.  

Agreed! I kept thinking of how amazing her hair was throughout the episode! The curls were perfect. It was shiny and looked clean. It never got flat or matted. I would kill for hair like hers. She wins Best Hair Ever on N&A. 

• Love 2

Don't you think it's only a matter of time before someone dies filming this show? I mean production can help them re illness, but who is going to stop a puma or wild boar from attacking them in the night? I think it's pretty shocking that it hasn't happened already. 

• Love 1

Someone on Facebook brought up that if you look behind her when they are cooking the lizard, there's a big bushel of bananas. Guess they were better stocked than we were led to believe!

• Love 1

Posted by Panthergirl13:

Don't you think it's only a matter of time before someone dies filming this show? I mean production can help them re illness, but who is going to stop a puma or wild boar from attacking them in the night?

(Sorry can't figure out quotes on phone!)

PG13- I thought about this too. I just wonder if there is some production crew standing guard armed & ready just in case. I know that's the only way I'd remotely consider going on this show.

I clearly saw the bananas too! WTF? Although they were extremely green.

Still.........

• Love 2

Ok, I now need to go back and look for bananas. Agree that this was an enjoyable episode. Agree also that Adam's PSI should have increased more just due to his great attitude- they never griped at each other. OK- this is kind of gross- but near the end of the 21 days, I always try to see if the woman has armpit hair (nasty, I know). I'd love to a tell-all book about this show, and I truly wonder how authentic it is.

Don't you think it's only a matter of time before someone dies filming this show? I mean production can help them re illness, but who is going to stop a puma or wild boar from attacking them in the night? I think it's pretty shocking that it hasn't happened already. 

Well someone did get very, very ill. Manu caught Dengue fever.

• Love 1

Agreed! I kept thinking of how amazing her hair was throughout the episode! The curls were perfect. It was shiny and looked clean. It never got flat or matted. I would kill for hair like hers. She wins Best Hair Ever on N&A. 

I was too busy watching her gold sparkly tipped fingernails to notice the hair - they looked like a possible acrylic job but never grew out.

Also I kept hearing the puma talk in my head in Arnold Swarzenegger's voice saying "it's not a puma!" (referencing the it's not a tumour phrase from Kindergarten Cop)

• Love 1
(edited)

I kind of wondered about the guy (Adam?) killing the fer-de-lance snake with a sharpened stick. Those snakes are the most feared and deadliest in the South/Central America. One bite from their enormous fangs is so deadly that it eats flesh around the bite area, and you will soon be dead if you don't get immediate help. Plus they are aggressive. And Adam and Jacqueline were standing next to it on the path just before he killed it. I was wondering if it was already dead when he speared it. I'm just not buying it.

Edited by NJRach
  • Love 2

PG13- I thought about this too. I just wonder if there is some production crew standing guard armed & ready just in case. I know that's the only way I'd remotely consider going on this show.

Two things: I also thought there might be someone with a gun nearby in the night, and holy crap I've been using the 'panthergirl' moniker online for years and add the 13 if the usesrname is already taken (because I was born on the 13th). PG13 had never occurred to me...haha...thanks.

• Love 2

I liked this episode.  He's not my type, but he has had the hottest body so far that I've seen.  I liked the respect they had for each other and that he didn't try to browbeat her into eating meat.  I could see them getting together as well.  Yes, he said he had a girlfriend, but it's not known how serious it was at the time.

• Love 1

she said she was having her period.  how do they deal with that in the middle of no where, and keeping her hands clean, etc?  

Someone on another episode in the past said they were menstruating, too, so, I'm curious.  

• Love 1