Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Work It

• Start Topic

Four episodes into season 2 and nothing in the storyline about Wade and Shannon? She's out of town with ex at a wedding. Thought the show focus was on Wade being the unicorn.

Didn't like the bad parenting storyline at all. At all. Will leave it at that.

• Love 3

I like that the show is not focused solely on Wade's love life. That would run out of steam after a while. It works better with the shared focus between the families.

Forrest's turtle dream was pretty funny 😄

• Love 4
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

I like that this show focuses on adult friendships. 

19 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I like that the show is not focused solely on Wade's love life. That would run out of steam after a while. It works better with the shared focus between the families.

I agree. I understand that Wade is the main character and he's a widower who's dating, but I like that the show is spending a lot of time on the friendships between all of the main characters and that we get to see those relationships separately (like Delia and Michelle/Wade and Ben this week, not just couple 1 and couple 2 always hanging out as a unit).

For the record, I'm with Michelle. Kids can watch movies that weren't intended for their age group. My parents let me read and watch just about anything I wanted to starting from the time I was in elementary school. Some of it was not considered age appropriate but I turned out fine. And Caddyshack? That's a classic!

I can't tell how old any of the kids are. Since we saw Natalie, Addie, and Noah hanging out, are they supposed to be around the same age? I think Delia mentioned that Addie is 13 and I know I was watching far racier things than Caddyshack when I was 13! Everyone was listening to Eddie Murphy Raw when I was in seventh grade.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I agree. I understand that Wade is the main character and he's a widower who's dating, but I like that the show is spending a lot of time on the friendships between all of the main characters and that we get to see those relationships separately (like Delia and Michelle/Wade and Ben this week, not just couple 1 and couple 2 always hanging out as a unit).

For the record, I'm with Michelle. Kids can watch movies that weren't intended for their age group. My parents let me read and watch just about anything I wanted to starting from the time I was in elementary school. Some of it was not considered age appropriate but I turned out fine. And Caddyshack? That's a classic!

I can't tell how old any of the kids are. Since we saw Natalie, Addie, and Noah hanging out, are they supposed to be around the same age? I think Delia mentioned that Addie is 13 and I know I was watching far racier things than Caddyshack when I was 13! Everyone was listening to Eddie Murphy Raw when I was in seventh grade.

I believe Addie and Natalie are in the same grade, 7th. Grace is a freshman in high school. I think  Noah is 10 or 11. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Parents are a lot more protective nowadays. Specially Delia. She talks into Wade / Michelle's business as well, and when it's about her child she actually has a right to be like that. Remember the episode when she was annoyed at Addie because she didn't stand in the shadow? 😄 That was funny, but most parents don't pay attention to things like that.

In real life, Wade would have developed a contract with the client, stating standards and fees and such, before ever going to work. Then he's off the hook if the client orders something that isn't going to work, or, in this case, a likely non-returnable tree.  Changes to the contract would cost money, too.  Of course, all that would have mitigated the conflict between Wade and Ben, which was half the episode.

I loved Michelle's kid snaking the cookies off the table right in front of Delia.

• Love 4
On 12/17/2020 at 10:05 PM, seasons said:

Four episodes into season 2 and nothing in the storyline about Wade and Shannon? She's out of town with ex at a wedding. Thought the show focus was on Wade being the unicorn.

That's the downside of them not making Natalie Zea a cast member. Expect a lot more "Oh, Shannon had to work late" or "Oh, Shannon has a bad cold and can't come over" or "Oh, Shannon ran off to join a Buddhist monastery." (okay, maybe not that last one). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/17/2020 at 10:05 PM, seasons said:

I'm ok with this, and I'd prefer he not get paired-up long-term yet. I don't want to see him on a never-ending series of bad dates, but the quest is the show.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:04 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

My parents let me watch Ghostbusters when I was like 6 or 7 because I loved the cartoon that aired in syndication - when Ghosbusters would not be rated PG today - it'd be PG-13, easily. The non-child friendly stuff went allllll over my head as a kid

Caddyshack is a classic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/18/2020 at 11:41 AM, ShortyMac said:

I believe Addie and Natalie are in the same grade, 7th. Grace is a freshman in high school. I think  Noah is 10 or 11. 

Noah's older sister, Sahai, just had her 13th birthday, so 3 of the girls are the same age and Grace is older.  Didn't the 3 girls all play on the same soccer team?